#1 Posted by ccraft (12437 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, Dark Souls is way better. I recently started playing it and was instantly hooked, the game is incredibly hard at first, and even when you do get the hang of the game it's still hard. I'm level 25, played a total of 24 hours, and still haven't rung the second bell.

No Caption Provided

I love Skyrim too, and the new Elder Scrolls Online looks great. But if it isn't that great I'll probably only play a few months. But I'm more excited for the new Dark Souls 2 game.

No Caption Provided

So which game series do you like more?

#2 Edited by PeppeyHare (4330 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't answer which is better because they're totally different games and both are almost perfect IMO. I do however prefer Skyrim

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what kind of game you want. Dark Souls has little to no story.

#4 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (26392 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS OVER A THOUSAND TIMES!

At least Skyrim's story has more context and the lore makes sense.

#5 Posted by KingOfAsh (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Dark Souls has a far more complex story hidden in its lore, and the gameplay was more challenging. Witht that said Skyrim was still a epic experience.

#6 Posted by ccraft (12437 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Dark Souls has a far more complex story hidden in its lore, and the gameplay was more challenging. Witht that said Skyrim was still a epic experience.

Dark Souls does have a story to it, but since I'm still near the beginning I only know a little about the story.

One thing that I love about DS is that all the levels are connected with short cuts, it took me hours to find a way out of the sewers where the gaping dragon is, I still haven't beaten him, even then I had to find the way back on the internet.

I love RPG's they just seem like better games, maybe because they last longer idk...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@kingofash said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Dark Souls does have a story to it, but since I'm still near the beginning I only know a little about the story.

One thing that I love about DS is that all the levels are connected with short cuts, it took me hours to find a way out of the sewers where the gaping dragon is, I still haven't beaten him, even then I had to find the way back on the internet.

I love RPG's they just seem like better games, maybe because they last longer idk...

Well I'v only played bit's of Dark Souls at my friends, considering getting it. Think you'd like this scan tho:

No Caption Provided