Should the ISIS bride be aloud to return to the UK?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should the ISIS bride be aloud to return to the UK? (53 votes)

Yes 21%
No 79%

Summary - This 15 yo girl flew to Syria to join ISIS and got pregnant there as well and now she realises that she made a "mistake" and wants to return to the UK (shes currently in a syrian refugee camp) but the big debate in the UK at the minute is should be aloud to return?

Shamima Begum has apologised to Britain for joining ISIS and admitted she was a 'poster girl' for the barbaric terror cult.

The 19-year-old, who fled to Syria in 2015 when she was 15-years-old, says she is prepared to go to prison should she be allowed to return to the UK.

But despite the apology the teenager told BBC News that she would have let her first son become an IS fighter and that she still has sympathy for the group - equating its crimes to coalition airstrikes.

She says she knew of the IS inspired attacks in Manchester and elsewhere, but hadn’t realised women and children were killed.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/isis-girl-shamima-begum-says-14014177

• 
Avatar image for universeichigo1
universeichigo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ISIS isn't something you just quit, if in fact she is allowed to come back, she should be kept under close supervision on all her activities, because something just doesn't seem right about the situation.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come back as a detainee not a citizen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, she should be allowed to return...so that she can face a prison sentence, and so that her son can be put up for adoption. I was sort of sympathetic towards her until I heard the section that started with "But despite her apology..." I did a little more reading on her, and turns out she has no regrets about leaving for Syria in the first place, she said so herself.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrmonster

If nothing else just let her return so that her son can be put in a loving, non-militant family while she's in prison.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, enjoy Syria milady.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is an englishwoman by birth, so I don't think it is right to not accept her.

But as far as I am concerned, she has declared herself as an enemy of the state as well as aiding and abetting terrorism, among other things.

Let her go to the UK if that is really where she wants to go, as her birthright - and right into a 5x5 cell.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If nothing else just let her return so that her son can be put in a loving, non-militant family while she's in prison.

Agreed.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She still has ISIS sympathies...so yes she should be allowed to return but must face lengthy prison time for her crimes. Her son deserves MUCH MUCH better than being raised as a radical militant because of her stupid mistakes.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

She's admitted to having sympathies for ISIS and that means she could continue posing a danger after she's been allowed to return. Even if she goes to prison she might be able to radicalise new members from there. On that basis, I don't believe she should be allowed to return to the UK.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is a known sympathizer who basically committed what would amount to treason against her country. If she goes to prison she would likely join a organization to radicalize new members from there, as prison is where many are radicalized.

I do like to believe people can change, but I dont think she has. Let her rot there, but let her kid come back

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lvenger said:

She's admitted to having sympathies for ISIS and that means she could continue posing a danger after she's been allowed to return. Even if she goes to prison she might be able to radicalise new members from there. On that basis, I don't believe she should be allowed to return to the UK.

She is a known sympathizer who basically committed what would amount to treason against her country. If she goes to prison she would likely join a organization to radicalize new members from there, as prison is where many are radicalized.

I do like to believe people can change, but I dont think she has. Let her rot there, but let her kid come back

She's already radicalized so the worry would be if she radicalize others. It would be nice to get her son away from her though and raised in a level headed family. I guess it would bring up the question on how much contact, influence she would get from the inside and if she ever gets out and takes custody of him afterwords and the problems the spring from that.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are people in the uk really that thick enough to let an ISIS sympathizer in ?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#14 MajinBlackheart  Moderator
solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes...but as a detainee and under close supervision.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, she's not even apologetic. IIRC she claims that watching an innocent man get beheaded in the name of Allah doesn't even faze her. This lady is insane and a threat. Keep her ass out!

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet you mean "allowed"!

CosmicBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CosmicBlitz

No. She has effectively joined an organisation that has declared war upon the United Kingdom and its allies.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The only thing she deserves is being hanged from a crane, very slowly and painfully. Hopefully Syria or Iraq will provide it, since the UK doesn't have a death penalty.

The kid can be returned tho.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there was some way to allow just the kid to come back for adoption that would be ideal. If that's not possible then allow them both back, lock her up and then put the kid up for adoption. The mother would also have to forgo any rights to her child in the future.

Red_Leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She still has ISIS sympathies...so yes she should be allowed to return but must face lengthy prison time for her crimes. Her son deserves MUCH MUCH better than being raised as a radical militant because of her stupid mistakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. She should be captured and hung.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is an englishwoman by birth, so I don't think it is right to not accept her.

But as far as I am concerned, she has declared herself as an enemy of the state as well as aiding and abetting terrorism, among other things.

Let her go to the UK if that is really where she wants to go, as her birthright - and right into a 5x5 cell.

Englishwoman? There's no english citizenship, the english people are an ethnic group, the people descended from the Anglo-Saxons.

She could be a british citizen though.

Laiks Stake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I don't think her son will have british citizenship, but I could be wrong.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not!

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alavanka

I have zero sympathy for this girl or her child. She's 19. She's had 3 years to change her mind before she became an adult, but to this day she still sympathizes with ISIS. She should be captured by special forces, locked in a jail until her day in court, tried as an adult for treason, and if found guilty face the highest punishment for that crime. The only reason a civilized society should allow her on their soil is to deliver retribution for her actions. No asylum. Her child should live with its father, whomever that may be, and not be a burden on the civilized society. The only exception would be if the child has family living in the UK that is willing to take care of it.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I believe in redemption and second chances, so yes.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Back in the day traitors would have been executed, and she is no exception, of course we now live in a world that is more democratic and less barbaric, still she should not be allowed to return based on the fact that she is a terrorist sympathiser and has fought for isis (a declared enemy of the UK). Her case has been publicised for an unusual reason, because as far as im concerned she is not the only one to have tried to return from fighting isis, there are several so called "refugees" that have mysteriously ventured there way here and have also been associated with isis, wouldnt be surprised if the next false flag is 3 times worse than the previous ones

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Let her back in but keep an eye on her.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

are people in the uk really that thick enough to let an ISIS sympathizer in ?

No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33 Lunacyde  Moderator

Decisions have consequences.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majinblackheart said:
@faradaysloth said:

Nah, enjoy Syria milady.

This.

I mean, I get that she was 15 but still, you must’ve won the genetic intelligence(or the lack thereof) lottery to be so braindead at that age.

The only reason I can think of letting her come back would be due to her poor kid, and even then, she’d have to be under very strict surveillance.

Its even more mind-boggling that she still has sympathies for them and makes that moronic comparison between their actions and coalition strikes.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ourmanuel

Asked to respond to comments that she could be potentially very dangerous if she returned, she said: "They don't have any evidence against me doing anything dangerous, when I went to Syria I was just a housewife, the entire four years I stayed at home, took care of my husband, took care of my kids, I never did anything... I never made propaganda, I never encouraged people to come to Syria.

"Because women and children are being killed back in the Islamic State right now and it's kind of retaliation.

"Like, their justification was that it was retaliation so I thought 'OK, that is a fair justification'."

No Caption Provided

Just hang her already.

Surely this much stupidity is deserving of that.

tethadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let her in. Give her counseling. Everyone is happy.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

She should return for the sole purpose of saving that child.

She should be placed into solitary confinement and considered an enemy of the state, as well.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thedailybagel  Moderator

No, she’s an adult that literally STILL sympathises with ISIS. Let alone the fact that she’s blatantly using her baby as a bargaining chip and her reactions to everything indicate that she’s either brain dead or lacks remorse, probably a bit of both.

Offer to take the baby in if her family are willing, it’s the definition of innocent. Let her stay and live with the consequences of her actions.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close. I read the whole story and she has NO REMORSE and still believes in terrorism.

If she dies over there it'll be nice.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let her rot there and let her kid come back and have no contact with her.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I don't know the rights granted to the UK's citizens, but I imagine she cannot be legally denied her birthright citizenship. That said, she should be put on trial on charges of aiding terrorism as soon as possible, her child should be taken away and placed in suitable care, and she should spend most of her life behind bars.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asked to respond to comments that she could be potentially very dangerous if she returned, she said: "They don't have any evidence against me doing anything dangerous, when I went to Syria I was just a housewife, the entire four years I stayed at home, took care of my husband, took care of my kids, I never did anything... I never made propaganda, I never encouraged people to come to Syria.

"Because women and children are being killed back in the Islamic State right now and it's kind of retaliation.

"Like, their justification was that it was retaliation so I thought 'OK, that is a fair justification'."

No Caption Provided

Just hang her already.

Surely this much stupidity is deserving of that.

Its a well known fact that the wives of ISIS fighters had a huge hand in the abuse of Yazidi women and girls sexually enslaved by the terrorists. I regret having to do this but Imma post this link right here.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/nishitajha/isis-yazidi-shamima-begum-hoda-muthana

“There has been no effort to understand why these ISIS brides are guilty,” she told BuzzFeed News. “In some cases, [the wives] would lock our Yazidi women in the houses so they could not escape. They would force them to do manual labor, humiliate them in captivity; they were beaten and tortured by the ISIS wives.”

Thousands of Yazidi women and girls were forced into sexual slavery by ISIS as part of its genocide against Yazidis in northern Iraq.

ISIS began its genocide against the Yazidis, an ethno-religious group in Iraq, in 2014 — killing men, taking women into captivity and forcing them into sexual slavery, and destroying Yazidi pilgrimage sites and houses of worship. In her book, The Last Girl,Nobel Peace Prize winner Nadia Murad, who survived the ISIS torture camps, details the horrors faced by women like her who were sold in markets, and even on Facebook, sometimes for as little as $20.

The ISIS pamphlet “Questions and Answers on Taking Captives and Slaves” gave a free pass to soldiers for the raping, selling, buying, or gifting of Yazidi women and children, “for they are merely property.”

Ibrahim said the torture of Yazidi women was often psychological, and the “ISIS wives” were “incredibly cruel” in this regard. One of the younger Yazidi survivors told Ibrahim that a woman had “forbidden” her from crying, although the Yazidi woman’s entire family had been massacred by ISIS fighters. Others spoke about how women who were part of ISIS forced them to recite the Qur’an and denounce their own religion.

“In some cases, [the wives] were the ones who made women shower and put on clean clothes and makeup before they were brought to the men to be raped,” Ibrahim said via email from Washington, DC. “They were absolutely complicit, and they knew very well what they were doing.”

ISIS hates the Yazidi even more so than Christians and Jews - at least we are "people of the book" or so they say. The Yazidi are considered polytheists and sorcerors because they worship an angel peacock named Melek Taus and as such there is no mercy against them. Anyone who expreses sympathy for the "ISIS wives" is essentially spitting in the face of their victims.