Should people read the contents of both sides before debating?

#1 Posted by RikuYamaha (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i know its formatted weird, but the question im asking is a series vs series type thing.

most of my time on CV, i have seen people use one side with no kwowledge upon the other side they are using in VS Battles debates and such.

example: Bleach vs tensei shitara slime with the allmighty gg agurment.

i seen people say one side stomp the other without any clear understanding upon the secoundary verse. so should it be a requirment to understand both verses before doing said Vs match,or anything related to it?

#2 Posted by OrangeVegeta (90 posts) - - Show Bio

People should at least be somewhat familiar with both series. I mean, you shouldn't expect everybody to be a lore master, but people should at least have some idea what one side is capable of before just outright saying one side would win.

#3 Posted by RikuYamaha (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

People should at least be somewhat familiar with both series. I mean, you shouldn't expect everybody to be a lore master, but people should at least have some idea what one side is capable of before just outright saying one side would win.

thank you for the comment. this is helpful

#4 Posted by RadSpazMids (100 posts) - - Show Bio

YES

#5 Posted by mimisalome (5877 posts) - - Show Bio

Often times we learn stuff by actually arguing first about it.

#6 Edited by Rockette (6683 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome:

Exactly.

SavageDragon vs Hellboy as an example. Gonna be relatively comparable, but much can be learned as the debate goes on. Being objective is key, but lacking on the Vine, therefore I abstain from 99.9% of all Viner vs Viner debates.

#7 Posted by Kevd4wg (14308 posts) - - Show Bio

No because people on the vine might make informed opinions and I don't know what the site would do then.

#8 Edited by TakenStew22 (5999 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really. There are alot of battles on here where alot of people won't know some characters. the least they could do is tell the experts how strong the character is. I do that sometime.

#9 Posted by FaradaySloth (12214 posts) - - Show Bio

Almighty GG

#10 Edited by adamantine (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

Almighty GG is a meme don't take it personally when you see it in any thread pertaining to it.

#11 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10706 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7ad417f1919
#12 Posted by deactivated-5d7ad417f1919 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have a general knowledge of the characters involved.

#13 Posted by HSTgoddess (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, unless it is Naruto vs. Bleach; Naruto characters win by default.

🤗

#14 Posted by Lan_Fan (18595 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#15 Posted by CCThor (2298 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by JoshTaku (360 posts) - - Show Bio

This is my problem sometimes when I want to engage in an actual decent debate. Most people don't know the actual capabilities of the character they are arguing against or don't know how their skillset works. They always rely on the knowledge they have and assume that any character they don't know about are weaker.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (55263 posts) - - Show Bio

Ideally but its not necessarily a requirement assuming the people in the debate keep an open mind and are both objective.

#18 Posted by Leonhardt (180 posts) - - Show Bio

In order for someone to declare character A beats character B, they should have at least some knowledge on both A and B. However, there’s nothing wrong with someone knowing only character A and asking someone in the thread to post feats or debate for character B, etc.