Should paternity tests be mandatory after every childbirth?

• 164 results
iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should paternity tests be mandatory after every childbirth? (49 votes)

Yes it absolutely should unless she has something to hide 71%
No you should always trust your woman that she didn't cheat 29%

Question is simple

• 
last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Sometimes people don't want to know who the father is. And that drama during childbirth is very unnecessary / detrimental.

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Tunasubdrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should definitely ask the father when he is not in the room with the mother if he wants it done.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Sometimes people don't want to know who the father is. And that drama during childbirth is very unnecessary / detrimental.

Any man who isn't a cuck would have no reason to think this.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

π‘Œπ‘’π‘ . 𝑀𝑒𝑛 π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘™π‘‘ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘˜π‘’ π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘ π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘ π‘–π‘π‘–π‘™π‘–π‘‘π‘¦ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘β„Žπ‘–π‘™π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘› π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘¦ β„Žπ‘’π‘™π‘π‘’π‘‘ π‘π‘œπ‘›π‘π‘’π‘–π‘£π‘’, π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘”π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘™π‘’π‘ π‘  π‘œπ‘“ 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘–π‘Ÿ 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘›π‘œπ‘‘.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I don't think it should be mandatory, but it would definitely be a good idea to ask the father after childbirth if he wants a paternity test.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-60758db60e021: This.

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think so

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It shouldn't be mandatory, but it should be an option. I wouldn't be carrying another man's child in the first place, so in my case, there would never be a need to get one.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not mandatory, but if there is concern there should be the option easily available.

thEonE34gG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no but I'm not to keen on the word structure.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted no but I'm not to keen on the word structure.

Welcome to every post this guy makes.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine, being tricked into raising a child that isn't yours, and being legally saddled with financial responsibility for it's well being.

Instead of letting a women shop around a bit after being knocked up, Let her be responsible for her own choices.

Yes.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine, being tricked into raising a child that isn't yours, and being legally saddled with financial responsibility for it's well being.

Instead of letting a women shop around a bit after being knocked up, Let her be responsible for her own choices.

Yes.

I'm convinced you're his alt.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeliccry said:

It shouldn't be mandatory, but it should be an option. I wouldn't be carrying another man's child in the first place, so in my case, there would never be a need to get one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

If that was a thing, lots of broken families lol

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iknowwhoyouare

@magian said:

If that was a thing, lots of broken families lol

Fathers deserve the right to know who their offspring are. Mothers already know who their offspring are.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Why waste all that money?

I can't imagine it's necessary for most cases.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Why waste all that money?

I can't imagine it's necessary for most cases.

We waste a lot of money on a lot of useless garbage. What's wrong with letting a man know he is undoubtedly the father of a child?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lunacyde  Moderator

@iknowwhoyouare: I didn't say it shouldn't be available for those who want it. I said that I imagine it would be unnecessary in a lot of cases. Why make it mandatory? Why not just make it an option for those who want it?

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would kinda make sense from a civil registration perspective.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: If we allowed it to be an option instead of mandatory, there could be gaslighting going on such as "Oh you don't trust me" or "You're just insecure" etc. Prenups have the same effect too BTW.

By making it mandatory, it would certainly put a tighter limit of cheating behaviors.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lunacyde  Moderator

@iknowwhoyouare:

I don't know what to tell you man. It seems massively wasteful to me to make everyone get paternity tests when it would only be necessary for a small proportion of the population.

My stance has always been you shouldn't be with a woman if you can't trust her to the point you think a paternity test is necessary and if she gaslights your concerns that's an indication A.) She has something to hide, or B.) There's something seriously wrong with your relationship where you mistrust her that much and she doesn't value you. Either way that's not a relationship you should be in.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Ever heard of chameleons? or the phrase "Fake it till you make it?"

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lunacyde  Moderator

@iknowwhoyouare: To each their own I guess. I think it's a silly thing to get hung up on. I've never once questioned whether my children are mine.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted yes, vecause honesty and all that.

But I feel it should be said that there is nothing wrong with raising a child that isn't yours.

The problem is that you are unaware said child isn't yours and you are lead to think that it is.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lunacyde  Moderator
iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@iknowwhoyouare: You have stats on how common this actually is?

It could range anywhere from 4% to 32% that show a negative father result.

Regardless of the stats, the fallout however can be even more catastrophic i.e. I remember reading a story where a father discovered his daughter had a life-threatening health condition. The doctor said that health condition can only be genetically inherited. After discovering the daughter did not inherit that condition from either parent...well you get the point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. This would just cause more paranoia.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde said:

@iknowwhoyouare: You have stats on how common this actually is?

It could range anywhere from 4% to 32% that show a negative father result.

Regardless of the stats, the fallout however can be even more catastrophic i.e. I remember reading a story where a father discovered his daughter had a life-threatening health condition. The doctor said that health condition can only be genetically inherited. After discovering the daughter did not inherit that condition from either parent...well you get the point.

Where are you getting this from?

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Six-Deuce

Mandatory? What kind of stunted human morality thinks getting bureaucracy involved will solve conjugal infidelity. Marry a woman worthy of your trust....it is the only way it will work anyways.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lunacyde  Moderator

Mandatory? What kind of stunted human morality thinks getting bureaucracy involved will solve conjugal infidelity. Marry a woman worthy of your trust....it is the only way it will work anyways.

Bingo.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2005/aug/11/childrensservices.uknews

https://www.livescience.com/375-surprise-1-25-dads-real-father.html

https://theconversation.com/what-are-the-chances-that-your-dad-isnt-your-father-24802

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4137506.stm

https://dnatesting.com/30-of-men-not-the-father/

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2005-aug-13-sci-briefs13.3-story.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/one-in-25-fathers-raises-another-man-s-child-5347156.html

https://canadiancrc.com/newspaper_articles/BBC_Whos_the_daddy_3_Million_victims_16MAY03.aspx

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lunacyde  Moderator

Most of those sources agree that its likely closer to 4% than 30%. The live science article says that most experts agree it is under 10%.

Interesting, thank you.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Most of those sources agree that its likely closer to 4% than 30%. The live science article says that most experts agree it is under 10%.

Interesting, thank you.

4% is a huge number...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lunacyde  Moderator

@thekillerklok: Sure, when the ideal is 0% that is a large numbr, especially when you apply the percentage to the actual raw numbers of people.

But do I think 4% is enough to make paternity testing *mandatory*? No.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came to say no but 4% is massive. I think several thousand dollars wasted is worth one man's knowledge that it's not his child

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: That 4% could likely to be even higher if paternity tests were conducted with everyone hence giving a larger sample size of the outcome.

Obviously in some cases, a paternity test isn't needed i.e. two white parents giving birth to a black baby however those are usually known indicators. Unknown indicators is where the problem truly and not even visual resemblances are enough i.e. a boy may look like his dad but he also looks like his uncle too.

Both parents have the right to know if their kid is there's. Mothers always know for certain. Fathers on the other hand don't always know for certain.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thekillerklok
@lunacyde said:

@thekillerklok: Sure, when the ideal is 0% that is a large numbr, especially when you apply the percentage to the actual raw numbers of people.

But do I think 4% is enough to make paternity testing *mandatory*? No.

I personally think there needs to be a correction from, "Both parents must give consent." or in france "You can't get a paternity test ever."

I don't know if that answer is mandatory, but I would take that all day any day over the current system.

And with a mandatory system it would allow your policy not to affect the relationship between parents.

and worse, A women who knows the Man she has tricked isn't the father could simply threaten to break up if she finds out the Man dared to get the test.

Manditory, seems to be the best way to prevent some male suicides that happen during nasty breakups.

I fail to see a better option really.

Worried about the money... maybe stop the practice of circumcision, should make up a bit of the cost.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Came to say no but 4% is massive. I think several thousand dollars wasted is worth one man's knowledge that it's not his child

We waste money on a lot of other stuff. Every parent has the right to know who their offspring are. Tactics like gaslighting someone on their insecurities or "jealousy" could sway or discourage a father from going through with it plus a mother has a say too.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: That 4% could likely to be even higher if paternity tests were conducted with everyone hence giving a larger sample size of the outcome.

Obviously in some cases, a paternity test isn't needed i.e. two white parents giving birth to a black baby however those are usually known indicators. Unknown indicators is where the problem truly and not even visual resemblances are enough i.e. a boy may look like his dad but he also looks like his uncle too.

Both parents have the right to know if their kid is there's. Mothers always know for certain. Fathers on the other hand don't always know for certain.

Or, it could be lower if we had a larger sample size to calculate from. It could go either way.

I think it is unnecessary. I don't particularly want to have to pay for tests that I don't need. I shouldn't have to pay for unnecessary testing because Johnny can't trust his wife. There should at least be a waiver for people who don't want to bother with the nonsense.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:
@six-deuce said:

Bingo.

Infidelity can happen at any time. Trust takes years to build and moments to destroy. Sure you can leave it optional but both parties have to agree and one disagreement is all that's needed to stop a test from happening. Government already have their claws entrenched in marriage so why not paternity tests? In this snowflake generation, a father who dares ask for a paternity test could be labelled as "sexist".

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mimisalome

No, specially when you expect that someone else will pay for it (as with anything that is considered mandatory)

It should be optional though, depending on your personal circumstances and your willingness to personally fund such activity.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Truth is we pay taxes on a lot of useless stuff that has nothing to do with us.

Honest question. Would you rather thousands of dollars worth of money that could be used to benefit society or pay thousands of dollars worth of money towards raising a kid for 18 years that turned out not to be yours?

Mandatory paternity tests would make it so no man has a reason to distrust his spouse. Making it optional means he would have to not trust her to use that option and that could lead to many other problems.