• 96 results
Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Revan-

Poll Should marijuana be legal? (105 votes)

Yes 81%
No 19%

I saw plenty of threads on this, but none were polls. So, I ask, should the people have the right to blaze some dank? The reefer, that Mary Jane, that Maui wowie, that sticky icky, that ooey gooey. Whatever you call it, should blazing it be legal in all areas? For what ages? What regulations should be in place? Would you do it? Do you do it?

• 
removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By removekebab
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a93651393625
deactivated-5a93651393625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever where ever! They say the brain isn't fully developed until 25 years of age but I really don't have much of an opinion on what the legal smoking age should be. It really shouldn't be regulated at all. Would I? Yes! Do I? Hell yes!

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want it for the tax dollars it would bring. Just give it the same restrictions as alcohol it's not worse.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course if Alcohol is legal so should Mary Jane. It will bring Jobs, billions to the economy, and can be used as medicine so it's a duh for me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marijuana's not a drug. Drugs are invented in labs by scientists.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

uh huh

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes smoke weed everyday

EZaF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't fathom how it's still illegal. It's a safer than alcohol, and cigarettes. The taxes from legalizing it would be very good for the US now. It seems to be moving toward legalization now, and it will happen in the near future

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

No people nowadays are already idiots and spaced out enough

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. All the arguments against legalizing it have been disproved.

They said it would increase crime. It didn't.

They said it would increase unemployment. It didn't.

They said all other kinds of tings about it, and none of it turned out true.

At this point, I see no reason to keep it illegal.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

Already a few threads on this. A poll doesn't really make it much different. The discussion is the same and redundant.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Alcohol is worse in my honest opinion, plus marijuana does good for certain people suffering from various ailments/physical disabilities.

So yeah, legalize it and let those tax dollars roll in.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only for medicinal purposes. Other than that, I don't see the reason to legalize it. There would need to be restrictions like alcohol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No cuz f*** the government.

Jk.

But seriously, yes it should be.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Works everytime

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It already is in my state.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, although I don't find it useful to assume it's harmless, either. Nowhere near enough research has been done on weed to understand the full extent of it's health benefits and negative side effects. But under the current paradigm where you're allowed to poison yourself to death with alcohol, cigarettes, fast food and prescription drugs, I cannot see why smoking a piece of green plant matter that has never directly killed anyone can be subject to stricter regulation.

The idea that putting anything in your own body, as your own choice with no victim involved, can be considered a crime punishable by force, is immensely stupid. I cannot take you seriously if you really think someone who smokes weed in their living room is deserving of fines, a criminal record, being put in handcuffs or spending time in a prison, and then in addition, you think drinking alcohol is fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for chingchangwalla
chingchangwalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the Weed smokers I know are idiots, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be legal.

Cancer sticks and pills that do more harm than good are mainstream but a plant is dangerous? Foolish.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a libertarian. I think all drugs should be legal and regulated. Making drugs illegal doesn't take it off the streets, just adds an unfair punishment for a choice any human should have the right to make, meaning more money for the government on both sides of the fence.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Only for medicinal purposes. Other than that, I don't see the reason to legalize it. There would need to be restrictions like alcohol.

one reason would be to stop letting cartels profit off it instead of it getting taxed and profiting the economy as a whole

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's health risks outweigh its benefits.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's health risks outweigh its benefits.

What "health risks"?

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no. it should be banned and the penalties should increase dramatically. things which really leave a mark on people who use it (ranging from losing their license to drive to mandatory therapy and repetive drug testing afterwards) and even stricter on people who distribute it (heavy prison sentences with no parole)

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Revan-

@ravensupreme said:

no. it should be banned and the penalties should increase dramatically. things which really leave a mark on people who use it (ranging from losing their license to drive to mandatory therapy and repetive drug testing afterwards) and even stricter on people who distribute it (heavy prison sentences with no parole)

o.0

Why should it be banned? And prison sentences for it are already waaaay to steep as it is.

@supremegeneration, I gotta disown our son.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: You are libertarian and you want regulation and money for the government?

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravensupreme said:

o.0

Why should it be banned? And prison sentences for it are already waaaay to steep as it is.

in my country it was mandatory for growing male adults to either go for military service or social service. i picked social service and spend 9 months in a therapy clinic for drug abusers. there have been horrible things like attempted and successfull suicides, dealing in the and abuse in the clinic itself, police arrests and other stuff.

since i was part of every branch in the clinic i also dealt with anamnesis/case history. and every single one started with: yada yada yada marijuna/cannabis/alcohol - to often then proceed to harder drugs.

with alcohol and cannabis being the two gateway drugs i belive we should do everything for curious people/young adults to learn how to handle them. that is already enough of a task for alcohol alone, adding a second one with even less enlightenment on the matter is therefore not benefical.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@revan2424: Increased Heart Rate which means more chances of a heart attack, decreased blood pressure and damaged blood vessels caused by the smoke. Lung damage as the smoke from marijuana contains many of the same toxins, irritants, and carcinogens as tobacco smoke. Not to mention it's multiple effects on the brain.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravensupreme:

in my country it was mandatory for growing male adults to either go for military service or social service.

0.o What country do you live in?

I can see your PoV, and I can respect it. Although I don't agree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravensupreme said:
@revan2424 said:
@ravensupreme said:

o.0

in my country it was mandatory for growing male adults to either go for military service or social service. i picked social service and spend 9 months in a therapy clinic for drug abusers. there have been horrible things like attempted and successfull suicides, dealing in the and abuse in the clinic itself, police arrests and other stuff.

since i was part of every branch in the clinic i also dealt with anamnesis/case history. and every single one started with: yada yada yada marijuna/cannabis/alcohol - to often then proceed to harder drugs.

with alcohol and cannabis being the two gateway drugs i belive we should do everything for curious people/young adults to learn how to handle them. that is already enough of a task for alcohol alone, adding a second one with even less enlightenment on the matter is therefore not benefical.

I would argue that it's your horrible oppressive government that caused people to use harder & harder drugs & attempt or succeed in suicide. I'm down for mandatory service but I'm sure there are other undesirable oppressive aspects of your government that caused these problems not marijuana and/or alcohol.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: You are libertarian and you want regulation and money for the government?

If drugs were legal, they'd need control. Which would be a good thing as drugs like coke and dope would be less susceptible to being cut, and we could perhaps monitor use. Same thing we do with alcohol, but anybody could own a bar as long as they're licensed and have the proper paperwork. That's all i Meant when I said they'd need to be regulated. As for money for the government, Imo taxes are a necessity, if currently the money is used improperly, that's another issue entirely. More of a fault of the government and not the tax system itself. Right now, the government banks more off the illegalization of the drugs and people who could have jobs and training for how to properly monitor use and run a business, instead end up incarcerated for upwards of dozens of years.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revan2424: Increased Heart Rate which means more chances of a heart attack, decreased blood pressure and damaged blood vessels caused by the smoke. Lung damage as the smoke from marijuana contains many of the same toxins, irritants, and carcinogens as tobacco smoke. Not to mention it's multiple effects on the brain.

Couple of things.

Yes, increased heart rate is a thing, and is the main pitfall of mary jane. However, it rarely does ever contribute to an actual heart attack. However it may not be due to the marijuana itself. According to a study, it may very well be other factors, such as the carbon monoxide from smoking it, or burnt plant particles.

I don't see how lowering blood pressure is an inherently bad thing. Marijuana is a known hypotensive, and has been used medicinally because of which.

And about the damaged blood vessel,bit. That's because of smoke. Not the pot itself. Smoking is not the only way to use marijuana. Same goes for the lung damage.

And unless it's on a developing brain, marijuana's effects on the brain's health is minute.

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravensupreme said:
@revan2424 said:
@ravensupreme said:

o.0

I would argue that it's your horrible oppressive government that caused people to use harder & harder drugs & attempt or succeed in suicide. I'm down for mandatory service but I'm sure there are other undesirable oppressive aspects of your government that caused these problems not marijuana and/or alcohol.

im sorry but i dont really get your point here im afraid. because we used to have universal conscription we have a horrible oppressive government? maybe i have worded it in a bad way but the experience i made were because instead of going to the military i chose to spend my service time in a therapy clinic for drug addicts. that basically was the foundation as to how i gained my opinion on the matter. these things are not related.

@ravensupreme:

in my country it was mandatory for growing male adults to either go for military service or social service.

0.o What country do you live in?

I can see your PoV, and I can respect it. Although I don't agree.

yeha no need for hard feelings. i dont try to missionize anyone. just have my opinion based upon work with actual drug addicts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sorry but i dont really get your point here im afraid. because we used to have universal conscription we have a horrible oppressive government? maybe i have worded it in a bad way but the experience i made were because instead of going to the military i chose to spend my service time in a therapy clinic for drug addicts. that basically was the foundation as to how i gained my opinion on the matter. these things are not related.

I'm sorry I shouldn't just assume your government is horrible oppressive since you never stated where your from but there must be other underlying factors since those sorts of things just simply don't happen in many other countries.

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sorry I shouldn't just assume your government is horrible oppressive since you never stated where your form but there must be other underlying factors since those sorts of thing just simply don't happen in many other countries.

what other things you mean? people being addicted to drugs? i think we maybe have a misunderstanding here

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not until after you're 18 or so years old, but yes for a host of reasons. (Not until after your 18...22 in all actuality because your brain is still developing until then, but 18 is a reasonable cut off I think).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsislipped said:

I'm sorry I shouldn't just assume your government is horrible oppressive since you never stated where your form but there must be other underlying factors since those sorts of thing just simply don't happen in many other countries.

what other things you mean? people being addicted to drugs? i think we maybe have a misunderstanding here

It could be a wide variety of things even climate, in the US Alaska has the highest suicide rate because it's cold & dark most of the time.

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravensupreme said:
@oopsislipped said:

It could be a wide variety of things even climate, in the US Alaska has the highest suicide rate because it's cold & dark most of the time.

ah i think i have not made that clear then. i meant while i worked in the therapy clinic with the drug addicts, some of them attempted to commit suicide/succeeded in doing so. i dont mean people randomly committing suicide due to reason X. i think this was the misunderstanding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oopsislipped said:
@ravensupreme said:
@oopsislipped said:

ah i think i have not made that clear then. i meant while i worked in the therapy clinic with the drug addicts, some of them attempted to commit suicide/succeeded in doing so. i dont mean people randomly committing suicide due to reason X. i think this was the misunderstanding

So you weren't saying addiction was the cause?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i still cant believe its illegal but cigarettes are

RavenSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravensupreme said:
@oopsislipped said:
@ravensupreme said:
@oopsislipped said:

So you weren't saying addiction was the cause?

honestly, when you are in treatment for drug abuse and your life is really messy - who can even think to imagine what reasons one could have to commit suicide? im sure being addicted at least has an impact on your decision, since it lead you to this path. only my humble opinion on it without any medical background.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If alcohol and cigarettes are legal weed definitely should be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It already is.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, it brings nothing but bad things.

I'm glad my country doesn't follow Liberalism.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

Nah, it brings nothing but bad things.

C'mon, that's not true. It feels great(imo), and that's a good thing. So, it's not like it brings 'nothing' but bad things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: Feeling good is great and everything but there are a lot of other "effects" to your body which will probably affect the world around you entirely. I recommend not doing it but it's up to you if it doesn't harm anyone.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

@cor_tsar: Feeling good is great and everything but there are a lot of other "effects" to your body which will probably affect the world around you entirely. I recommend not doing it but it's up to you if it doesn't harm anyone.

Nah man, nobody should recommend doing it. It's a drug, they're bad for you, even though I use and enjoy my use. Yes, there's a couple pro's, but I agree, there's definitely a lot of cons, and probably way more. But just because something not recommendable doesn't mean it should be illegal. I don't recommend chewing gum while sleeping, but that doesn't mean you should go to jail for doing it.

Let idiots be idiots as long as though don't hurt anybody else, that's how I feel. Your thought process doesn't seem too far off, I don't know why you would dislike liberalism? Though maybe you meant you prefer your countries government, which is understandbale

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: Because some thinking in Liberalism actually harm people around them whether it's physically or emotionally in some, most or even all cases. But in this case, nahh....