Should I get the Galaxy S8 or hop aboard the iPhone train?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have never owned one of the major phones before because I never had the money for it. I been getting by over the years with inexpensive androids (LG,Alcatel,Samsung,etc.) around the $100 range. I have tried out iPhones and Galaxies in the past by friends and family. I want to finally own a special type of phone that will last me since I got some good amount of money. Any phone suggestion is warrented.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

>>>>>iphone

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why just between those two? The phone brands you've owned before have some that contend with those 2 and are even better in some aspects. LG's V30 has the best audio on a smartphone through headphones and it's built in speaker. Sony's display has the best resolution. Alcatel has a lot of bang for your buck in general.

I'm considering the V30 myself, but the display and front camera makes me second guess.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get a LG V30. Would be much cheaper than an iPhone and has extremely thin bezels which should keep you satisfied. The camera, display, audio output, everything is great. The phone looks almost as good as an IPhoneX.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
StaticSpeedster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 2

Neither.

Go for a different brand with gorilla glass. My Lenovo phone still looks new after getting scratched a lot, dropped and stepped on. Those new stuff are quite fragile and pricey.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you get an iphone never lose your charger.lol Apple screwing you a dollar at a time.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I've been with the LG G series since the 3. Currently have a 5.

Super happy with them.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang said:

If you get an iphone never lose your charger.lol Apple screwing you a dollar at a time.

Ain't that the truth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I currently have a LG K10 for those of you who was wondering. It was a great phone but it has ran it course which is why I am currently looking for something new and nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: @batman242: I actually can't find the V30 anywhere ? but I will keep an eye out. I will look at some phones on different sites. I do prefer reviews though before at least jumping on something.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: well if you're an iOS loyalist then there's no point considering other OS. You should and eventually would get an IPhone. Now depending on how much you're willing to shell out, you're gonna get an IPhoneX or an 8/8plus. But if you're planning on getting an Iphone for the first time, I feel like I should tell you that there's nothing new apart from the preety edge to edge display that justifies the exorbitant price tag. the LG V30 or Note 8 from Samsung are priced lower (well note 8 isn't that low but the V30 is significantly lower), and offer comparable or better hardware. There's nothing the iPhone can do what the the v30 can't. Go ahead. check the reviews. Thank me later.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: @batman242: I actually can't find the V30 anywhere ? but I will keep an eye out. I will look at some phones on different sites. I do prefer reviews though before at least jumping on something.

LG V30

Here you are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@deltahuman: Oh trust me I was never planning on getting an iPhone. I just wanted some opinions of Comicvine. People on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube pretty much gave me the confidence not to buy it lol. I just want something nice and new. I am considering going cheaper since some of these phones are not really worth the money paying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Oh wow that is awesome. But that camera...LG what is you doing lol?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might have to pass on the V30 although I wouldn't mind having it. As an LG owner, the front camera quality is absolutely terrible.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Oh wow that is awesome. But that camera...LG what is you doing lol?

This is what I've been saying from the G3. I thought the front camera would've gotten better by now, but I've been wrong before. Persons did say that it's not the final software for the camera so the consumer models could be better. Who knows?

I'm following it closely because I really don't care for my S7 Edge.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: maybe you should wait a bit longer for the Google pixel 2 and Nokia 9 if you're not an iOS loyalist.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deltahuman

@batman242: Yeah Flagships usually are. Let's hope it packs in something revolutionary to justify the price. most annoying things about pricey gadgets is that they are evolutionary rather than revolutionary most of the time.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Yeah Flagships usually are. Let's hope it packs in something revolutionary to justify the price. most annoying things about pricey gadgets is that they are evolutionary rather than revolutionary most of the time.

Here's looking at you, iPhone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: @deltahuman: What would be some good headphones to get? I don't want Beats and I feel like they're the Apple/iOS of headphones.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I'd recommend Sennheiser or Bose although I've never used one. I use a Sony headphone. Works well for me.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: I've never cared for headphones, personally, but if you were to get the V30 it won't matter, because the quality from the internal drivers will make everything sound crystal.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d0376931207
deactivated-59d0376931207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buy the Pixel 2 or the Note 8

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wiat for pixel 2 or hwauei mate 10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: I brought two phones since this thread. ZTE Zmax Pro and Galaxy S8. I love the S8 (only problem is the glass protector which I removed. Had a lot of touch sensitivity with it.) I don't really like the Zmax but it is great for a $100 phone. I managed to get a free LG Aristo with the Zmax for my mom.

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you only want to choose between those go with the S8.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

Anything but Apple.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Funny thing is I almost brought the iPhone 7 Plus then remembered my aunt was having technical difficulties with hers and I thought about the headphone jack. I just went with the S8 which was actually $40 cheaper. I really like the phone.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_stegman  Moderator

@somayareece: my last three phones have been Samsung, and they've all been pretty great. But this year I'm waiting for the new pixel from Google.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iphone is ass, had to swap out my battery and charger port, also headphone jack is going out. Never had any problems with android. after this 6s I'm going with the s8.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I been using LG phones for the past few years or so. I just wanted a different brand for once. I have considered Pixel and V30 but I don't really feel like waiting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama: Never been a Apple fan but they do have good cameras. Too expensive for me anyways. Android is more reliable since you can use almost any charger and other stuff.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Update: I brought two phones since this thread. ZTE Zmax Pro and Galaxy S8. I love the S8 (only problem is the glass protector which I removed. Had a lot of touch sensitivity with it.) I don't really like the Zmax but it is great for a $100 phone. I managed to get a free LG Aristo with the Zmax for my mom.

Nice. I'm still anticipating the V30 and Pixel 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

S8, don't ride the Apple bandwagon

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would choose the S8.

Slim_Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S8. IPhone's are trash.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galaxy 8 is the better phone but imo rather have the sony Xperia Z5 over both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: I wouldve loved to try the V30 out. Not so much the Pixel 2 since theyre trying to be like Apple now. I feel like these Tech companies are becoming too greedy as far as money goes.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get a Nokia 3310. The original one

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd go with Samsung. Currently I have both a Samsung as a personal phone and a IPhone as a work phone. The Samsung is a lot better imo.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 the_stegman  Moderator

@somayareece said:

Nice. I'm still anticipating the V30 and Pixel 2.

So, yeah, I'm not getting the Pixel 2. They went full Apple and got rid of the headphone jack, that's a deal breaker for me. Guess I'll keep my Note 5 til the Note 8 price goes down.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Never been an iPhone fan. Had one for a few months to see what the hype was about and wasn't impressed.

Team android for me. Currently have the Galaxy 7. Aside from the autocorrect being borderline retarded it's a good phone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I wouldn't mind having the Note 8. Like it better than this curved glass lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: yeah the autocorrect is terrible on the s8. I didnt have this problem with my LG lol.