Should Amber Heard be removed from Aquaman 2?

• 77 results
Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Joker567892  Online

Poll Should Amber Heard be removed from Aquaman 2? (57 votes)

Yes 70%
No 30%

Well, we have proof that she abused Johnny and multiple partners, with no evidence backing her side.

So, the real moral question is, should she be removed from Aquaman 2?

• 
BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes, people have lost their jobs for less. At the very least, let her complete the movie and then blacklist her.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Magian  Online

Well, from what I read there are rumours that WB is considering recasting her or at least reducing her role in Aquaman 2 after all this.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By JaylinFreeman  Online

Yes. Doing so, would give society the impression that abuse is not limited to gender, and has serious ramifications.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In society men are taught to not hit back girls for example, while it is perfect acceptable for women to hit back men; we see it all the time in movies, tv shows, real life. In the same sense, a slave is taught at a young age to never lay a hand on their masters.

"Society" is a relative term, I assume you're mainly referring to Western society because there are other societies in the world where women aren't even allowed to speak to men without being beaten. Provide context to your claims.

Do films/tv influence society? Certainly, but it's still illegal for either gender to physically assault or abuse another.I'm failing to see the "Slave/Master" correlation here. A child is also taught not to hit their parents but that doesn't mean the child is the parents' slave.

Another example, male mental health. Women attraction for men decrease if they open up too much about their feelings or cry too often; they have to be her rock and listen to her emotional problems not the other way around. Men are told by society they need to be emotionless a lot of time, strong or only exhibit positive emotion. Negative emotion that men exhibit are shun by people and written as an after though; society does not give a crap about male suicide rates. In the same parallel, a slave master does not care about a slaves problems or concerns just that they are a productive worker (In men's case a provider).

I agree that there exist certain societal pressures for men not to show emotions or cry but this is also due to basic biology. In nature, female members of a species choose a strong male member of the species with which to copulate and procreate. In humans, this is also true to an extent, most women want a strong competent partner with whom they feel safe and protected in order to procreate. This is an innate desire for humans as a species, not necessarily something for which "society" is to blame. Men in turn generally choose a partner who is compassionate, loving, caring and possesses nurturing abilities in order to carry on their genetic line.

Again I'm not seeing the "Slave/Master" dynamic here. If anything it's meant to be a reciprocal relationship where the other person compliments your deficiencies.

Another example, society does not take sexual harassment allegation that women do to men seriously. For example-Katy Perry disregarded the consent of a young boy on a tv show and kissed him and nothing was done about it.

I agree there is a disparity in this area but again I'm not seeing how this creates a Slave/Master relationship.

There are more, parallels between slave master and slave and male-female relationship in our society.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By HarryNorine

@ordinaryalan said:
@harrynorine said:

In society men are taught to not hit back girls for example, while it is perfect acceptable for women to hit back men; we see it all the time in movies, tv shows, real life. In the same sense, a slave is taught at a young age to never lay a hand on their masters.

"Society" is a relative term, I assume you're mainly referring to Western society because there are other societies in the world where women aren't even allowed to speak to men without being beaten. Provide context to your claims.

Do films/tv influence society? Certainly, but it's still illegal for either gender to physically assault or abuse another.I'm failing to see the "Slave/Master" correlation here. A child is also taught not to hit their parents but that doesn't mean the child is the parents' slave.

Another example, male mental health. Women attraction for men decrease if they open up too much about their feelings or cry too often; they have to be her rock and listen to her emotional problems not the other way around. Men are told by society they need to be emotionless a lot of time, strong or only exhibit positive emotion. Negative emotion that men exhibit are shun by people and written as an after though; society does not give a crap about male suicide rates. In the same parallel, a slave master does not care about a slaves problems or concerns just that they are a productive worker (In men's case a provider).

I agree that there exist certain societal pressures for men not to show emotions or cry but this is also due to basic biology. In nature, female members of a species choose a strong male member of the species with which to copulate and procreate. In humans, this is also true to an extent, most women want a strong competent partner with whom they feel safe and protected in order to procreate. This is an innate desire for humans as a species, not necessarily something for which "society" is to blame. Men in turn generally choose a partner who is compassionate, loving, caring and possesses nurturing abilities in order to carry on their genetic line.

Again I'm not seeing the "Slave/Master" dynamic here. If anything it's meant to be a reciprocal relationship where the other person compliments your deficiencies.

Another example, society does not take sexual harassment allegation that women do to men seriously. For example-Katy Perry disregarded the consent of a young boy on a tv show and kissed him and nothing was done about it.

I agree there is a disparity in this area but again I'm not seeing how this creates a Slave/Master relationship.

There are more, parallels between slave master and slave and male-female relationship in our society.

You are failing to see because you do not want to see. I get it, internet argument 99% of the time often involve people keeping their original stance because of ego and the whole thing being a time waster.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 JaylinFreeman  Online

There’s a petition to remove her from Aquaman 2: https://www.change.org/p/dc-entertainment-remove-amber-heard-from-aquaman-2

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are failing to see because you do not want to see. I get it, internet argument 99% of the time often involve people keeping their original stance because of ego and the whole thing being a time waster.

I guess the long thought out responses and multiple examples I provided you meant nothing because "I don't want to see the truth". So instead of addressing what I said, you're dismissing me for not just blindly accepting your word as gospel?

K. I'm out.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HarryNorine

@ordinaryalan said:
@harrynorine said:

I guess the long thought out responses and multiple examples I provided you meant nothing because "I don't want to see the truth". So instead of addressing what I said, you're dismissing me for not just blindly accepting your word as gospel?

K. I'm out.

Cool glad we hurried up the long drawn out internet argument where no one sees the other view and just "wants to be right".

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Buckwheat

@joker567892 said:

No, it isn't as the court can be right or wrong.

The only reason why she isn't in prison is because no one will testify against her, but she has abused Depp with audio(I already posted it) and visual evidence(She threw a vodka bottle at him, taking off a piece of his finger and burned him with a cigarette).

She also pooped on his bed.

It's a delicate matter.

First of all, I am not completely in favor of people loosing their jobs over personal issues. Let's make an analogy: a man that works in a steel factory —let's call him Henry— get's in a fight in a bar and brakes some guy's jaw.

He is taken to court for it, and it seems he will loose, but there is still several months before the outcome is ruled.

Henry is a good worker and keeps doing his job perfectly but a few weeks latter his boss calls him into his office and tells him he is fired, since he heard about the fight and it seems clear Henry is guilty of breaking another man's jaw.

Henry has now no job plus must wait for the court to sentence him to whatever the penalty for his crime is.

Wouldn't it be enough for Henry to pay his dues with the Law, but be able to keep his job, since it is his way of making a living?

I don't know. The only thing I see in favor of Amber been fired is that this has been going on for some time now among actors, and most of them male. So it would be discriminatory to not behave acordingly with a female.

But I, for one, think an actor should be judged for his work. That's what we see. His personal life should not be our bussiness.

Some exceptions of course would apply, but all and all, I don't care for Amber or Kevin Spacey's life.

Catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s a petition to remove her from Aquaman 2: https://www.change.org/p/dc-entertainment-remove-amber-heard-from-aquaman-2

I doubt that's going to help, but that's good to know.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JaylinFreeman  Online

@catlike: With all due respect, It could have potentially considering Warner Bros. is reportedly discussing whether Heard should be involved in the movie or not.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is hot and that's the only use of women so I guess No.

Oops. :O

WakeUpSid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL , she pooped on Depp's bed when he didn't attend a party with her .

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are really worked up about this huh lol.

Anyway she's hot.

Catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Catlike

@jaylinfreeman said:

@catlike: With all due respect, It could have potentially considering Warner Bros. is reportedly discussing whether Heard should be involved in the movie or not.

That sounds good!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of her rather bad behaviour i believe that Warner Bros shall find another actress with simular body\face\etc and only then consider removing Amber.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

Regardless of her rather bad behaviour i believe that Warner Bros shall find another actress with simular body\face\etc and only then consider removing Amber.

Lol no they will not. Society as a whole is fine with men being abused by women. Men are slaves. Women are the masters. This is how our society is set up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1
deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for x-thedeathgod-x
x-TheDeathGod-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah

subline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Definitely, and I mean, her performance was pretty terrible anyway.

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She is hot and that's the only use of women so I guess No.

Oops. :O

lol

rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, i hope they come to good terms because she was hot. Also, i hope johnny comes back for other roles like fantastic beasts

Danii79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hollywood is full of pedophiles and degenerates. She is a minimal problem.

NoQualms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we judge her by the same standards as men then yes she should.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the same standards as men, for example Ezra Miller after being recorded choking a fan was being torn apart on social media demanding him to be replaced then of course, get her out of here.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Joker567892  Online

@invadedtbd: Johnny Depp>Amber Heard......

Anyways, I believe she is going to jail.....

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By dernman

@achievedhero said:

In the same standards as men, for example Ezra Miller after being recorded choking a fan was being torn apart on social media demanding him to be replaced then of course, get her out of here.

Bad example. Not comparable. We don't actually know the full story off what went down there. Just a lot off assumptions and twisted perspectives based on assumptions. I don't like the guy personally and wouldn't mind her Flash movie being canceled but the fact is we don't know what went down. Even on face value one drunken incident with a stranger isn't comparable to what Heard did.

Plus he has some form of protection being a "protected" class. He's queer, pan sexual, gender flued and a bunch of other things that media love to virtue signal.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:

Naw. She should make the film...and then be thrown into jail.