Seven Classic Films With Plot Holes

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By deadpoolrules

1. Toy Story - The idea is that Buzz doesn't accept he's a toy,but how come he stay still whenever there are humans near?
  2. Back to the Future - How did Marty McFly didn't realised that one of her crushes,that she met as Calvin Klein,is exactly the same of her son?
  3. Waterworld - Paper is one of the rarest materials on this film,but how can characters smoke paper cigarretes all the time?
  4. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arch - If you take out Indiana Jones of the film,the nazis would go to Nepal,would take the amulet to the map room,would have killed Marion,would open the arch and melt.
  5. Gremlins - If you can't feed your Gremlin after midnight,when are you supposed to feed him again?All the time is after midnight!!!
  6. Karate Kid - Tournament rule:You cannot kick the opponent in the face,and how does Daniel San win?With a straight kick to the opponent's face.
  7. Harry Potter - All the events that happened could be reverted if they used the Time-Turner,which only appeared at the Prisioner of Azkaban.

I found this at:http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/movie-plotholes-that-will-ruin-your-childhood

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Decoy Elite

The Indiana Jones one is not a plot hole. 
Also I can easily one up this. 
Citizen Kane: Kane says his last words before the nurse enters the room. There is no way for her to have heard them and thus the entire movie is revolving around an impossibility.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Decoy Elite said:

The Indiana Jones one is not a plot hole.
Also I can easily one up this.
Citizen Kane: Kane says his last words before the nurse enters the room. There is no way for her to have heard them and thus the entire movie is revolving around an impossibility.

Ok,sir,but the nazis did knew about some pieces of information.It could take time,of course,but it would happen.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

#1: Good point. And for that matter how can the toys ever truly be sure they aren't being watched. Just because someone isn't around doesn't mean someone can't see them.

#2:

#3: I hate how wasteful people are in post apocalyptic movies in general. They're always breaking stuff that they can't possibly replace.

#4: Another good point. Though if he hadn't been there the Nazi's might have still been the next ones on the scene and they could have deduced that the Ark would kill anyone present when it is opened so they could have still used it as a weapon. Take it to a major city and have someone open it.

#5: Yeah seems pretty arbitrary to me. After midnight and before sunrise? They kind of make fun of this in the second one where they guy was asking what if a gremlin crosses a timezone? What if it has something stuck in it's teeth that comes loose after midnight?

#6: I guess Mr. Miyagi paid off the judges. Or everyone wanted that blonde kid to be taken down, specially after he "swept the leg!"

#7: There are strict rules about using time-turners to change events, it could cause chaos. Also in Order of the Phoenix the Ministry of Magic's time-turners were all destroyed. Granted that is only explained in the books not in the movie.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@Decoy Elite said:

You beat me to it.

There's also a establishing shot that is unused footage from a King Kong film that has pterodactyls in it.

It's not really a plot hole, but I just really like talking about Citizen Kane.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deadpoolrules

@PrinceIMC said:

#1: Good point. And for that matter how can the toys ever truly be sure they aren't being watched. Just because someone isn't around doesn't mean someone can't see them.

#2:

#3: I hate how wasteful people are in post apocalyptic movies in general. They're always breaking stuff that they can't possibly replace.

#4: Another good point. Though if he hadn't been there the Nazi's might have still been the next ones on the scene and they could have deduced that the Ark would kill anyone present when it is opened so they could have still used it as a weapon. Take it to a major city and have someone open it.

#5: Yeah seems pretty arbitrary to me. After midnight and before sunrise? They kind of make fun of this in the second one where they guy was asking what if a gremlin crosses a timezone? What if it has something stuck in it's teeth that comes loose after midnight?

#6: I guess Mr. Miyagi paid off the judges. Or everyone wanted that blonde kid to be taken down, specially after he "swept the leg!"

#7: There are strict rules about using time-turners to change events, it could cause chaos. Also in Order of the Phoenix the Ministry of Magic's time-turners were all destroyed. Granted that is only explained in the books not in the movie.

I don't like HP,so I didn't read the books :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Just fyi that's from a Buzzfeed article 
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/movie-plotholes-that-will-ruin-your-childhood

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deadpoolrules

@k4tzm4n said:

Just fyi that's from a Buzzfeed article http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/movie-plotholes-that-will-ruin-your-childhood

So I guess they stole it from there and wrote it on portuguese.

I'll add the link to the OP,thanks.

PrinceZiara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By PrinceZiara

Yup all of these are true. :P

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Most movies have plots holes in them. Which is why I find it so funny when people complain so much about them.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ARMIV2

I think the Toy Story one could be explained by getting into matters of the psyche and sub-conscious and all that stuff, but I'd rather not ruin one of my favorite movies with psycho-babble.

Avatar image for captainlantern76
CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Toy Story's one is easily explainable: Buzz, thinking he was real, was just trying to fit in, and thus froze like the others to become more accepted. There. It makes perfect sense.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Could be wrong, but I think they explained the Waterworld thing. Weren't the cigarettes made out of leaves or something like that, and not paper?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

in Superman the movie, why was Superman fast enough to rewind time, but not fast enough to catch both missiles?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ssejllenrad

Harry Potter - All the events that happened could be reverted if they used the Time-Turner,which only appeared at the Prisioner of Azkaban.

This is not actually the plot hole. The real sh*tty part of the plot was that everything they were doing during their trip to the past was already happening during their first run... Therefore the event they were trying to prevent would have already been prevented by those who went to the past... But here lies another problem. Had they no need to go to the past, then who would have done those things to prevent the thing they were supposed to prevent? Sh*tty right? Well it could have been prevented had Rowling not placed their "time travelling selves" in the first run therefore making he original timeline different from the one with them altering the timeline.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By russellmania77

ok lets start with # 1 toy story; cuz buzz is playing along until he thinks back up will arrive for him. #2; cuz he was too busy getting over the shakes. #3; never seen it. #4; havent seen it yet either. #5; at the same time its also before 12. #6; cuz he's the best around. and #7 cuz it would be a paradox