Avatar image for the_thereminist
#1 Edited by The_Thereminist (381 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1886 posts) - - Show Bio

Croc stomps...

#3 Posted by gunmetalgrey (4747 posts) - - Show Bio

The best the dolphin could hope for is a tie.. It's too agile for the croc, but not powerful enough to do any real damage.

#4 Posted by mrmonster (15567 posts) - - Show Bio

Crocodile

#5 Edited by The_Thereminist (381 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey said:

The best the dolphin could hope for is a tie.. It's too agile for the croc, but not powerful enough to do any real damage.

They're both air breathers. Just for arguments sake who do you think would drown first if neither could come up for air until the other is dead?

Avatar image for theundertaker45
#6 Posted by TheUndertaker45 (194 posts) - - Show Bio

The croc should take this pretty comfortably. It's twice the size of the Dolphin on average and if it gets hold of the dolphin's fins with its massive jaws, game over.

Avatar image for despero_z_amazo
#7 Posted by DESPERO_Z_AMAZO (310 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#8 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (1714 posts) - - Show Bio

The croc is too powerful for one dolphin to take alone. Its best bet is formulate a distraction and get the hell outta there.

#9 Posted by sabracadabra (1591 posts) - - Show Bio

Dolphins regularly beat sharks and crocodiles bigger than themselves. If the fight takes place out in the open, dolphins can get a full speed attack,of about 35-40 mph, and can launch themselves like a battering ram at the croc.

#10 Posted by Doofasa (2173 posts) - - Show Bio

Dolphin wins via the power of friendship/pods.

#11 Edited by The_Thereminist (381 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa said:

Dolphin wins via the power of friendship/pods.

I thought about using two Dolphins but then I thought two Dolphins would just use a croc like a play thing so I just went with one.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#12 Edited by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the dolphin... Crocodiles don't usually fight competitors for the sea very often, usually hunting land swimmers; relying on ambush, grabbing down, and twirling to rip. In an ocean battle, there is a reason why sharks, etc don't do that. I mean the sharks do tend to grind down in the bite, as their teeth are made for, but it is altogether different, and it is usually a series of them, and not a pinning maneuver. And dolphins are far more vicious in the water than most are realizing anyway, but don't usually bother humans. They will move, take a chunk, move on to reposition, before hammering for another attack. And the dolphin is more adapted to those sorts of underwater attack and avoidance maneuvers - compared to any of the crocodile prey.

I don't see this going well for the croc, at all, if it somehow got out far enough in the water outside of it's environment to face such an ocean creature.

#13 Edited by Buckwheat (2299 posts) - - Show Bio

Dolphin wins