RWBY Discussion Thread

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got caught up with episode 12 today. The fight in chapter 11 was really good. The reveal of Ravan being a maiden would have been cool if I wasn't spoiled already....Jaune's semblance was a little underwhelming if all he does is heal. We've waited so long and that is what he does? I thought he would have something a bit more epic. All though still its great to finally see it. These episodes have been great.

I have not seen chapter 13 so no comment on that.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For chapter 13 Adam was a major disappointment, he was hyped up as this monster who Cinder would only confront as a Maiden, only to get knocked on his knees by Blake. although despite that the fight between Cinder and Raven was well done, very good and a step in the right direction. In all honesty the only bad points of the episode were it's rather lacklustre music during the main fights climax and anything with Blake seeing Nora's semblance again and seeing more of what could be Jaune's was fun too. So all in all, good episode, satisfied now since RWBY is back together which means no more boring Blake episodes, but undoubtedly a ton of drama between Blake and Yang. Poor Sun and Jaune.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By TheWatcherKing

I can't comment on ep 13 as I have to wait till Tuesday to see it.

@jashro44 said:

I got caught up with episode 12 today. The fight in chapter 11 was really good. The reveal of Ravan being a maiden would have been cool if I wasn't spoiled already....Jaune's semblance was a little underwhelming if all he does is heal. We've waited so long and that is what he does? I thought he would have something a bit more epic. All though still its great to finally see it. These episodes have been great.

I have not seen chapter 13 so no comment on that.

I agree that Jaune's ability to heal as a semblance was a bit lame but looking back, it's pretty clear that's where they were going with it when you look how he was able to heal himself on two different occasions in vol 1.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: I guess....All though when was the second time he did it? I remember when he did it with Pyrrah but when was the other time?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@thewatcherking: I guess....All though when was the second time he did it? I remember when he did it with Pyrrah but when was the other time?

Back in RWBY Vol 1 Chapter 14 he was pretty beaten up by Cardian yet at 0:56 we see some light and he seems to be healed.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: I never noticed he healed LOL. I guess this is on me. I just noticed Cardin hurt his hand.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a decent chapter in a disappointing volume.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who has hated almost the entire season, holy crap that was amazing.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty much avoiding all things RWBY until I'm caught up lol. Too far behind.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44: It can be used offensively though. It isn't entirely heal more like aura transfer. It seems like when Cardin tried to go for Jaune some of his aura was absorbed hence he felt pain in his hand.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane: Oh yah the 13th episode was ok but to me the best episode of this Volume. We got to see Raven and Cinder go all out on each other and the power of the Maidens. We saw improvement with the characters although it was quite weird. Still that one and only long fight doesn't quite live up like the fights back in Volume 1-3 but I can see why. Maya is a little more difficult to animate with. I really hate the part where Adam kinda got chumped by Blake but I hope that will change in the next episode. We might be able to see him actually fight and I really hope he doesn't lose because he needs to regain his dignity. Jaune's aura was pretty underwhelming though. I really didn't want to see him as a support.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@chronicplane: Definitely the weakest volume so far. The fights have lost a lot of flow and momentum and the latest fight is full of people standing around talking, the story and pacing only moves at a snail's pace or gets rushed for the arc conclusion and there hasn't been any good music from the Williams either. Raven being the Spring Maiden was kind of a cool reveal but it makes her even more OP since she has the most unique abilities out of any RWBY character.

PhantomRant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight that made up for every other flaw in this episode.

TheStarWarsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed episode 13. I liked the fight between the maidens. I also like that the entirety of Team RWBY are back together which means no more episodes for just RNJR or just Yang/Weiss/Blake. I'm not sure if RT is going to leave cinder alone for the rest of the series like they've done with Torchwick and Neo and leave her as 'dead' so to speak. I'm also excited about the confrontation between Yang and Raven. I like the twist with Raven being the spring maiden and her using Vernal as a decoy. I would have loved to see Salem show up and show off some powers like creating grimm in the episode. Also is episode 13 the last of V5?

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#367  Edited By Zetsu-San

This show is really hit or miss when it comes to character deaths. Penny and Pyrrah were perfectly timed and exactly what the story needed to spice things up and add high stakes to the action.

Torchwick, Neo, and the Pilot on the other hand were major examples of completely wasted potential. Like, we only just learned exactly what drives Torchwick as a character and even had a hint at a deeper backstory; then they up and killed him 10 seconds later. And like, both Penny and Pyrrah had lasting impacts on the cast. Torchwick's death was pretty much brushed under the rug right after it happened.

The Pilot was also built up as an interesting and quirky character, yet he only lasted one or two episodes. He could have added so much to the show. He'd have been the only one there who could wreck shit without superpowers, plus his team dynamic with Weiss was awesome. Random pilot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Neptune.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368  Edited By TheWatcherKing

Chapter 13 is a big mess, I like the fight between Raven and Cinder(who may or may not be dead), but Nora being able to knock around someone who manhandled Ozpin and Qrow makes no sense. But other than that it was a pretty good chapter in my opinion, I am glad that Team RWBY seems to be back, and I hope we get to see more of Jaune's semblance.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chapter 13 is a big mess, I like the fight between Raven and Cinder(who may or may not be dead), but Nora being able to knock around someone who manhandled Ozpin and Qrow makes no sense. But other than that it was a pretty good chapter in my opinion, I am glad that Team RWBY seems to be back, and I hope we get to see more of Jaune's semblance.

Nora was hoped up on lightning juice, Ozpin doesn't even count since he's a lot weaker in his new vessel, and Qrow was barely even in that fight. Like, I think Qrow jumped in once to shield Oscar, then more or less bowed out immediately after.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Juane doesn't heal, he amplifies. Weiss healed herself.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@zetsumoto: Even with an electricity amp she couldn't do anything to tyrian,who qrow stalemated.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372  Edited By Zetsu-San

@thewatcherking: Tyrian is an agile fighter. His strength was mostly in his tail, which he used to block and counter her attacks. Hazel is a slow juggernaut that she is able to just hit as hard as she can and he wasn’t fast enough to block her strikes properly.

Not to mention there was a pretty huge difference in how much she was amped. Against Tyrian, all she had was a short burst of electricity from Ruby’s gun and the charge lasted literally one hammer strike before running out.

Hazel held her down and continuously ran so much electricity through her body; her entire skeleton lit up, and he buff lasted the entire fight.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By red_ruby_petal

Everything is too inconsistent or is rushed. Worst volume by far. We also didn't get to see much which is what drives RWBY which were the fight scenes.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@zetsumoto: nothing suggests the amp lasted the whole fight,as once nora hits hazel outside we don't see her fight again.Even if we bring up the fact that she absorbed more electricity it is important to note that Tyrian only blocked her strike with his tail and then easily two shotted her so I don't think that's a valid excuse. Heck we have seen nora when she absorbs even more electricity in volume three and she didn't show that amount of power.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Pretty sure she struck him multiple times with the amp. Either way, she got direct hits on hazel whereas Tyrian blocked her attack.

Which instance are you refering to? Because I remember her using a lightning amp fairly early on to create a giant shock wave that looked like it came out of an MCU Thor movie.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is too inconsistent or is rushed. Worst volume by far. We also didn't get to see much which is what drives RWBY which were the fight scenes.

Extremely lackluster season.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By DeathHero61

There were great things about this season, but the huge slowdown on pacing and the disturbing lack of flow of their fights pissed me off.(compare a fight like RNJR/Qrow vs Tyrian or Sun and Blake vs the Sea Dragon from volume 4 and compare that to every single fight in voume 5.) I am willing to wait a couple of weeks or even a month for each episode If I have to in order to see the same quality Volumes 1-4 had. The pacing for the episodes were better, they didn't spend several minutes extending a scene with dialogue or severely drag out fights against fodder that shouldn't be so long. I miss monty oum...

If it wasn't for the action being so toned down and certain scenes being extremely awkward, like the confrontation of Adam, which was especially weird because of how outnumbered Adam and his crew were, and how quick and forced Illia's redemption was, along with the awkward scene of her restraining ONE soldier.(this scene felt cringey as hell as if the animators and writers were like "oh shit there's no action here, quick lets have this really awkward scene of Illia taking down one guy who refuses to surrender despite the obvious odds then have some other person thank her for doing so)

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I felt this was an alright volume overall, although I nust say Vol. 5 wasn't as good as volumes 1-3.

The fights have honestly gotten worse, the best fight in this Vol.(raven vs cinder) isn't as good as fights like Qrow vs Tyrian or the majority of fights from volumes before volume four. Hopefully vol. 6 is better.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By Straight-Fire

Volume four > three > five > two > one.

I enjoyed every season, but volume one is by far the weakest out of the bunch. No way it's better than the latest volume.

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All in all I think the best thing would be to get the plot driving, one problem that seems to be common is the slow pacing. We spent episodes and episodes and episodes doing nothing but talking. Blake's entire arc was terrible and waste of episode time, what could have been an interesting inner conflict between Yang and Blake has been brushed aside. Cinder will likely be all ambiguous, hopefully she's dead since otherwise it would be so boring and cliche. Hopefully the next Volume has better music, tries less to focus on art style (compare V3 and V5) and focus on plot, fight scenes and music, all things which the earlier Volumes did amazingly.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just rewatched season 5 as a whole, and I think I was a little harsh on criticizing it. There are still things I found stupid/tacky, such as giving blake (the "emo" girl) a lesbian love interest, what's that, 4 people that wanna get in her panties now? There is also no disputing the drawn out dialogue and slow pace of the stories progression, but with cinder gone (thank god, they were ruining her. Talk about awesome to terrible in 5 volumes) it makes for awesome possibilities.

Especially if you don't think old Ozpin is as righteous as he let's on. IMO he could easily be evil, his story has some big holes/question marks in it that don't add up with what he says.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse:

There are still things I found stupid/tacky, such as giving blake (the "emo" girl) a lesbian love interest, what's that, 4 people that wanna get in her panties now?

Besides the chameleon girl and Sun who wants to get "inside Blake's panties"?

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking: Adam at one point. The whole thing was just completely unnecessary and it's all likely moot now, and won't be touched on again so it was just pointless fluff.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386  Edited By DeathHero61

Looking back at it now, despite my fondness of Blake, I can see why people consider her a shitty character. She was handled horribly in Volume 5 character wise.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@deathhero61: Thats just Volume 5. She has her moments of being sensitive and all but she learns and learns to embrace herself more. I put her as my least favorite because I am not fond of characters that are snubs to other people. Thinking about it now I like her more because she became different of how I saw her in the beginning of the series. She became interesting bad damn Volume 5 was a let down for everyone.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_ruby_petal: She was very inconsistent character wise, and treated Sun like shit up till the end of Volume 5. And some of the things she done makes me question what the writers were thinking.

Loading Video...

And now I can definitely understand why Yang was so pissed at her.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Thats just every developing character in general. She has her moments where she respects Sun. Thats just the way they treat each other. I can really see why you wouldn't like Blake and yes theres plenty of flaws there but overall she seems pretty important.

Stan Rodriguez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been pretty lame lately imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f
deactivated-5b17f1b84ea5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been declining in quality for quite a while now.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they better not ruin V6 for us.

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't have to spoiler block anything by now right?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know when Volume 6 is gonna start?

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@chronicplane: their's sources for a fall release date, but nothing specific dates that i know of.

source:

http://collider.com/rooster-teeth-2018-shows/

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Yeah RWBY becoming another bleach for me. Cool Concept great action with a good enough interesting world and plot with all of that draining by each volume.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Most of that is just bad writing, not necessarily a bad character... Obviously bad writing often leads to a bad character, but there are cases where I think we can easily separate the two.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still enjoy it for what it is.

RVB is better!

*runs*