Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Bump.

I can no longer feel. :'(

On the upside we finally got to see Taiyang. Ozpin was epic as well. Also, arkos shippers rejoice, then promptly burst into tears.

I was pretty sure that would happen from the preview of Chapter 12 but I knew with absolute certainty what would happen when Pyrrha kissed Jaune and then sent him away in a metal locker. It's all in the name after all.

uriel_220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just saw the season finale of volume 3...HOLY SHIT!

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Picard

So that just happened:

No Caption Provided

Speaking of deus ex machina... no, foreshadowing, no indication that she is able to do that... I guess Ruby is a choose one now... Not happy about that. Now Pyrrha dying; that was foreshadowed by mere fact that she was based on Achilles - and she die by an arrow - and the fact that she was recently talking only about destiny and her goal... But Ruby being choose one... Sorry, it come out of nowhere. Plus, it would be really nice for a change, to see fantasy series which not rely on "choose one" cliche - that could be a story of her becoming competent leader and that would be OK.

Good thing; Yang is reacting like she should - realistically, again great opportunity for character growth and soul searching for her!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard1701: It's was mentioned in the first episode,.

People, pointed it out but first episode was released how long ago, two, three years ago? And they expecting me to remember that Ozpin was talking about her eyes, and that was supposed to be important? C'mon, guys! They could foreshadowed it better and more frequently - give as some glimpse of her power before she did that... whatever it was.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RWBY is still going strong even without Monty

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard1701: No, they don't expect you to remember, that's that's why Qrow mentioned it.

She never needed it before then. That was the foreshadowing. I mean, they could have done it better but it wasn't out of nowhere like you are saying.

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By cadencev2

@picard1701: Agreed.

Saw last episode.

Im kinda like "oh great, another deus machina character with OP powers pulled out of nowhere" when it seem the maiden power was the highest level. Also waste of one of the more fan favorite characters, and waste of a love relationship. Sure they can bring certain character back alive, but that is cheap too. The death was way too early, with unfinished plot potential.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw last episode.

Im kinda like "oh great, another deus machina character with OP powers pulled out of nowhere" when it seem the maiden power was the highest level. Also waste of one of the more fan favorite characters, and waste of a love relationship. Sure they can bring certain character back alive, but that is cheap too. The death was way too early, with unfinished plot potential.

Yea the death of Pyrrah pissed me off. I hope they bring her back :/ I knew she was going to die but I hoped I would be wrong. Or I've seen a theory that her and Jaune have a connection which I wouldn't mind either. I don't mind Ruby's new powers seeing as she can't control them, I guess it was forshadowed in the first episode (all though I would have preffered if Ruby just beat Cinder down using her skill and stuff after seeing Pyrrah die)....It does explain why Ozpin let her in the school so early.

At least Ozpin was badass, I just wish we saw more of his fight with Cinder. Clearly there both top tiers so it would have been awesome. All in all maybe it was because of Pyrrah's death but I wasn't a fan of this episode. I kind of wanted Jaune and Pyrrah to get together.....I was really hoping when Pyrrah told Cinder "do you believe in destiny" that Ruby would rush in and save her. I felt like Pyrrah's death was a bit pointless, since the Grimm are still attacking the school and stuff....

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Agreed. Although this new ultimate head villain that we never seen until now was the high lite. Its not a small world after all lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Agreed. Although this new ultimate head villain that we never seen until now was the high lite. Its not a small world after all lol.

She was pretty cool. I'm guessing she has a connection to the Grimm. I'm guessing we will also probably have another similar instance to what happened with RWBY only with Jaune later on. Its been hinted at for some time that his aura is going to be OP, and Ozpin probably knew about his fake transcripts and let him in the school despite that for similar reasons he let Ruby in Beacon 2 years early.

Also I just realized Ozpin most likely didn't lose to Cinder. It was stated he's missing, and he is clearly still alive hence the speech at the end, but Cinder wasn't carrying his body....Either Cinder had help and someone else took Ozpin prisoner or Ozpin bailed on the fight for some reason....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Lvenger

I warmed up to Volume 3 more after watching Chapter 12 and rewatching RWBY overnight. I was uneasy with how the darker shift in tone was executed at first but now I think it's looking better for the future of RWBY's narrative. Really loved the Ozpin vs Cinder fight even if it was 30 seconds but it needed so much longer than that. Totally got vibes from Dumbledore vs Voldemort from Order of the Phoenix. I'm guessing Ozpin bailed out of the fight purposefully to go underground and find out more about Salem's upcoming threat to Remnant, he was equally matched against Cinder's Full Maiden might, she wasn't gaining an upper hand like she did against Pyrrha. Which was also bittersweet but well done. I liked Pyrrha's character throughout all volumes but I can't say her sacrificial death wasn't well done in the end.She gave it her all, her motives were in character for what has been established for Pyrrha and that Arkos confirmation for the shippers made it all the more poignant. Pyrrha was based on Achilles and her name comes from the word for victory at a devastating cost, this was always going to happen. What I didn't like was Ruby's deus ex machina silver eye powers icing the Grimm Dragon and Cinder. It came out of nowhere even if there was a mention of the silver eyes in the very first episode and rushed the plot along so the set up for Volume 4 could happen. But at least there's more to look forward to with Volume 4 compared to how Volume 2 ended untidily. Between Team RNJR setting off to Mistral/Haven Academy for answers, Yang recovering from her physical and emotional trauma of losing an arm as the result of the cost of her temper, jumping headfirst into a fight and relying on her semblance too much, Blake on the run either going after the White Fang, getting revenge on Adam or separating herself from her friends so she thinks they won't be hurt and Weiss isolated from everyone after she's taken back to Atlas, RWBY's separation should make for some interesting character development next volume.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Picard

@cadencev2 said:

Saw last episode.

@jashro44 said:

Yea the death of Pyrrah pissed me off. I hope they bring her back :/ I knew she was going to die but I hoped I would be wrong. (...)

. All in all maybe it was because of Pyrrah's death but I wasn't a fan of this episode. I kind of wanted Jaune and Pyrrah to get together.....I was really hoping when Pyrrah told Cinder "do you believe in destiny" that Ruby would rush in and save her. I felt like Pyrrah's death was a bit pointless, since the Grimm are still attacking the school and stuff....

It's heartwarming to see that someone, somewhat agree with me about Ruby's "deus ex machina" powers ;) - for me it not only come out nowhere, but it also felt like; cop-out - authors created essentially "no win scenario" and didn't know how to resolve it, so they resorted to creating, new, never before mentioned, overpowered super-duper-power for the main character. I can be wrong about this and authors could planned this form the start, but it they did, then I feel like they should give us hints of those powers, not just resort to one line of dialogue spoken two or three years ago...

Hoever, I disagree with you both about Pyrrha's death. As I said before I started to like this series a lot more, since violence started to have consequences - I care more about characters when I know that they can get hurt, and I care more about what happens when there is something at stake. But more importantly Pyrrha's death wasn't meaningless. Firstly; it completed her character arc - she was constantly pressured to live up to some unrealistic standard and that, in the end destroyed her. She fealt obligated to fulfill her destiny, which she saw as "one goal she strived toward", instead of some predetermined path - if she didn't believed in this she would, most likely be still alive, and Penny also wouldn't be dead. Also what did you think will happen to character based on Achilles? It's only fitting that her end was like greek tragedy... ;) Secondly; her death can motivate Jaune to stop being such a wuss ;) ,and to become a competent leader and to live up to his namesake - he is based on Joan of Arc, so he is also dead man walking. But before he dies, he hopefully will try to make Pyrrha proud. We will see, so far I like where this is going. :)

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cinder is pure cruelty and evil. All in the name of power? Wow.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I can't believe its be . 2 years

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#216  Edited By Terrortuga

I enjoyed the finale, there is lots of room for character growth and interesting narratives next season. Ruby's Power was kinda forced imo, how could some random power overcome the Fall Maiden ?? Kinda cheesy but there's nothing we can do, Ruby needs to have something that can match up against the big bads of the series. Salem looks great and I think she is the leader of all Grimm or something along those lines. No way Ozpin is dead, he looked to have the upper hand against Cinder and Salem was talking directly to him at the end of the episode. Since the next season should focus on Haven and/or the journey there, I think we should see the Headmaster there if there even is one. Pyrrha's death was good, but she isn't one of my favorite characters so it didn't effect me as much as it did other people. The new tone feels good for the show, it really isn't as dark as people make it out to be, I mean have they ever watched anything besides kid friendly shows ? Overall this Volume is the best out of the 3 and i can't wait for Volume 4.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoever, I disagree with you both about Pyrrha's death. As I said before I started to like this series a lot more, since violence started to have consequences - I care more about characters when I know that they can get hurt, and I care more about what happens when there is something at stake. But more importantly Pyrrha's death wasn't meaningless. Firstly; it completed her character arc - she was constantly pressured to live up to some unrealistic standard and that, in the end destroyed her. She fealt obligated to fulfill her destiny, which she saw as "one goal she strived toward", instead of some predetermined path - if she didn't believed in this she would, most likely be still alive, and Penny also wouldn't be dead. Also what did you think will happen to character based on Achilles? It's only fitting that her end was like greek tragedy... ;) Secondly; her death can motivate Jaune to stop being such a wuss ;) ,and to become a competent leader and to live up to his namesake - he is based on Joan of Arc, so he is also dead man walking. But before he dies, he hopefully will try to make Pyrrha proud. We will see, so far I like where this is going. :)

I just would have liked to see more of Argos before she died. I get what your saying. I agree with whats been said about it being to soon. They should have killed her off next volume or in volume 5....

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard1701: @jashro44: I just wanted to see more romance from them. It just felt too short of Jaun and her just barely sharing feelings, and then "poof" nothing had time to come out of it. It would hit even harder if they décolletage the relationship more.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard1701: @jashro44: I just wanted to see more romance from them. It just felt too short of Jaun and her just barely sharing feelings, and then "poof" nothing had time to come out of it. It would hit even harder if they décolletage the relationship more.

Yea.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell does décolletage mean? I meant to type "cement the relationship more" stupid IPhone lol.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heavy stuff in that finale, but they setup some awesome potential plot lines for season 4. Liking the idea of team RJNR.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So does anyone know how long it will be for volume 4 to come out?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I heard rumors that it's not coming until 2017, but only rumors, nothing official.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I heard rumors that it's not coming until 2017, but only rumors, nothing official.

Does it usually take around a year?

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Picard

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Sure, I understand and even to certain extent I agree - I guess they were cute couple* and the fact that authors decided to kill Jaun's significant other on valentine's day is cruel irony, but what you are complaining about is fault of short episodes. In fact overall problem with this show is short running time of individual episodes. Average episode is no longer than 15 minutes or less and large chunk of this time is dedicated to fight scenes - in that short time span, it's hard to do anything significant, especially if you have to deal with multiple characters. So, yes I understand where are you coming from but I don't see how they could fix it, other than extending running time and I don't know if they can afford it, if this would be profitable for them?

* Although in one of the last conversations they have, Jaun was acting like a fool and he is somewhat responsible for her death. The only reason she liked him is that he was treating her like a normal person, but during conversation about destiny he started to show symptoms of "hero worship". Instead of sound advice he give her bunch of praise, so she throw him against the wall and storm off. I don't know if they really were meant to be with each other...

@terrortuga said:

The new tone feels good for the show, it really isn't as dark as people make it out to be, I mean have they ever watched anything besides kid friendly shows ? Overall this Volume is the best out of the 3 and i can't wait for Volume 4.

It's not that it's very dark, it's about contrast with earlier episodes - it started as light-hearted action comedy, but now it transformed into something a lot closer to drama or even a tragedy. It seems that it tend to happen with "girly animes" , same can be said about "Madoka Magica" - it also was deceivingly cute at first. But I like this new tone too - speaking of which, THIS really fit the mood ;) :

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard1701:

So, yes I understand where are you coming from but I don't see how they could fix it, other than extending running time and I don't know if they can afford it, if this would be profitable for them?

One easy fix would be not to kill her so soon. she is more profitable alive as a character, and if she was destine to die, then it should been a a much later point for plot. After she has milk the fan base of several seasons, and got in deep with Jaun.

Simple fix. It was simply a bad move IMO to do it so early.

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard1701:

So, yes I understand where are you coming from but I don't see how they could fix it, other than extending running time and I don't know if they can afford it, if this would be profitable for them?

One easy fix would be not to kill her so soon. she is more profitable alive as a character, and if she was destine to die, then it should been a a much later point for plot. After she has milk the fan base of several seasons, and got in deep with Jaun.

Simple fix. It was simply a bad move IMO to do it so early.

OK, however chapter 3 would be a lot less impactful and have less meaning, if they killed her later on. Not only her death was - at least for me - most impactful loss of this chapter, because it's the only one which is completely unfixable, but also I like an idea of character who's killed by the fact that so many people put a faith in her, and that she felt obligated to live up to their expectations. And in the end Jaun, turn out to be one of those pressuring people... I think that without this subplot, chapter 3 would be lot less interesting as it is. So, if they wanted to develop Pyrrha's and Jaun's relationship, then they should do it before and that could only happen if episodes were longer.

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picard1701:

Again, they already had a death in Penny. she was killed off a few episodes before this and she too was a fan fav. If they wanted another impactful death, why not some other character? They killed off two of their most interesting characters outside of team RWBY, in the same season. Though Penny could come back, then same should be for Pyrrah, in which case the death is pointless anyway.

So again, I just dont see a reason for it. This is not Walking Dead.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Lvenger

@paragonnate said:

2017? At the latest it would be early 2017 and I don't think the next volume of RWBY will take that long to be released. The delay between Volume 2 and 3 was due to Monty Oum's passing and I recall it being mentioned that the RWBY volume release schedule will be more consistent. I would guess it comes out in 10 months myself but that's my idle speculation.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Like I said I only heard rumors so I wasn't sure.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penny is a robot. She's damaged, but dead? Fix the body, or upload into a new body.

As far as foreshadowing... was I the only one watching this?

Getting into school early, taking charge of a team of girls 2 years older, taking on assignments reserved for older classes. That's she's ahead of the curve has been pretty steadily building.

Now if anything, the ending was anticlimactic. They could have used a fight between her and that big Grimm while Pyrra was getting her butt kicked as the power built.

Also, overpowered as it is, she was wiped out afterward, so it's not going to be a go-to move outside the most dire circumstances.

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I never knew this till now, someone on Youtube put two and two together.

Loading Video...

Seems clear ozpin is captured by Salem. He was talking her in the opening volumes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penny is a robot. She's damaged, but dead? Fix the body, or upload into a new body.

Penny had a soul. A mod on roosterteeth has stated confirmed they might not be able to rebuild her. All though with that said I am guessing Penny uploaded herself somewhere in beacon. She did have a plan to stay there.

@jashro44: I never knew this till now, someone on Youtube put two and two together.

Seems clear ozpin is captured by Salem. He was talking her in the opening volumes.

Perhaps. All though maybe that is foreshadowing a later scene in the series. Maybe Ozpin went underground and he makes to Salem's lair to confront her which leads to that conversation. She did say she would watch Ozpin burn, so I am guessing if she had she would be torturing him? Than again Qrow has Ozpins cane so maybe he is captured.

I still feel we need to wait and see, all though this is a good catch that I didn't notice.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAS EVERYONE SEEN THE VOLUME 4 LEAKED FOOTAGE?!?!

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Color me intrigued, what happened? Things are still pretty Grimm?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Color me intrigued, what happened? Things are still pretty Grimm?

Eyyy.

Watch for yourself. It's so hype.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Wait...this came from an Anime convention?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell911: Wait...this came from an Anime convention?

RTX, which I believe is Rooster Teeth's convention. Something like that.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO RWBY did a timeskip? ok... cool

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you guys know Qrow's semblace was turning into a crow and the crow that has made a cameo in different episodes has mainly been him?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooooo Jaune got a new look.......*sniffle*

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, team JNPR is out on RWBY: Grimm Eclipse. Jaune OP

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ba-da-bump

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to the next season. Volume 3 is hands down the best thus far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to the next season. Volume 3 is hands down the best thus far.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We gonna talk about this or what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers