#451 Posted by Fabricolage (1884 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

...I blame Red Ruby Petal.

#452 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio
#453 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like the reintroduction of Neo felt pretty random imo. Felt like the writers were forced to do that because of the fanbase.

#454 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: I felt the opposite. The reintroduction was hoped for since V4 and V5 and it was about time they did so.

#455 Posted by PhantomRant (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

The Cinder vs Neo fight was pretty good

#456 Posted by Fabricolage (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

Neo!

#457 Posted by Chronicplane (8848 posts) - - Show Bio

That song in the Neo vs Cinder fight was fire.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#458 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

That 2 minute squabble between Cinder and Neo was the best fight since Qrow vs Tyrian, hands down.

#459 Posted by Fabricolage (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

rwby songs are always good.

#460 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

The recent episode was imo the best one since Episode 3. Hope to see explanation of Silver Eyes next episode. Only complaint so far is there seems to be a lack of Team JNPR. Hope to see them soon.

#461 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

Man this seasons all about explaining stuff huh. First Salem/Ozma, then the moon, and now Silver Eyes next episode. Can't say it hasn't been intriguing tho. Also those new Grimm are creepy, interesting and damn cool.

#462 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder who that "boss" was in the recent fight that the Green Chick mentioned

#463 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

The voice actor for young Maria Calavera is really something.

Although how the hell did she get shrunken down from an average sized woman to a dwarf.

#464 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grimm Reaper, it's so cheesy and I love it.

#465 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

I should really should be sparing my post counts, but I have to comment.

I’ve seen a lot of hate for the last episode, which makes no sense to me.

People seem to be upset about two things with the last episode for two reasons.

The first, which I understand, is the fact that People had their hopes up that Winter would appear, but instead we got the second old dwarf. (I guess people shrink when they age in RWBY). This, indeed, was a red herring and I also found myself annoyed at this, but it was still rather minor.

And the second reason, which I disagree, is how over the top the guards were. I saw that people didn’t like how much of a joke these guards were being, claiming to be upset at the lack of serious tone they had, to which I found incredibly ridiculous. It was because of the overly serious tone overwhelming the series, and everyone just sitting and standing around as they tried to be as “serious” as they can.

This episode and nearly every episode this Volume empathizes what RWBY should have been the past few volumes. Serious and with a story, but not always letting the “plot” being the only factor.

#466 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@sladerulez: I think people are just overcritical about it if they think these minor problems affected the episode itself.

#467 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol I predicted that it wouldn’t been Winter and I was right all along. These guys are putting Winter in at a climax of an event

#468 Posted by Straight-Fire (27245 posts) - - Show Bio

Volume 6 is great. It's looking like the best season thus far.

#469 Posted by GIliad_ (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

Good volume so far. The Ozpin/Salem/Gods stuff was a bit over the top and generic for my liking but I can get behind the general idea. Apart from that it's just been overall solid. Lots of story development that never really happened last season and one incredible standout fight scene thats restored a bit of my faith in this shows action sequences.

#470 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

So where exactly did Adam come from, did I miss anything or is he kinda just here?

Also with every encounter he appears, the less faith I have in him being any higher than the students feats wise. :feelsbadman:

#471 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio
@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps said:

So where exactly did Adam come from, did I miss anything or is he kinda just here?

Also with every encounter he appears, the less faith I have in him being any higher than the students feats wise. :feelsbadman:

This. Also I really hope they aren't gonna do what I think they are going to do to Qrow.

#472 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

RWBY is killing me with these 16 and below minute episodes.

#473 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

Ruby and Qrow have new feats.

Qrow shook a giant mecha

Ruby seemed to be a lot faster than missiles

Ruby also might have pulled off similar to Qrow although a bit iffy with the feat.

#474 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

Missile speeds IIRC are Mach 10

#475 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

@faradaysloth: No, those are ICBMs. Standard missiles are mach 1-2. Still impressive because Ruby might have been going hypersonic at that feat, or if lowballed, high supersonic.

Still I think they jobbed a lot at the same time.

#476 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio
#477 Edited by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sooooo MAAD!! I expected more from Adam. His resolve was so strong. Why would they write him off as pathetic. Why would a fight scene have him talking too much and jobbing a bit. Why does Blake get away for being a bitch to him. In scenes like this, we are supposed to feel happy that they put him down, but I don't. I actually feel bad for him. Yeah he might be murder hungry, and does shty things but I totally get his resolve, and the hatred his feels. In fact I think I felt the way Adam felt when he got stabbed in both sides.

#478 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

The final episode was meh. Where did the Grimm Horde come from? However, I was thrilled to see Summer Rose and Atlas!

#479 Posted by Red_Ruby_Petal (8038 posts) - - Show Bio

That was very underwhelming......

#480 Posted by NotCensored (568 posts) - - Show Bio

RWBY's been disappointing to me since Volume 3 choreography got worse since then and the Volume set a standard that the rest of the Volumes just couldn't meet, that being said it was a step up from Volume 4 and 5.

Adams personality makes a lot more sense now at least, ending felt a little rushed could have done with at least 1 more episode to setup the conflict with Adam how he got to where Blake is, how he found her etc.

Choreography has definitely improved from Volumes 4-5 but still isn't up to snuff with 1-3 yet. The lore of the gods was pretty cool along with Jin, the silver eyes finally got some explaining and Ruby actually got some character development and isn't so 2D anymore, Weiss still best girl tho.

All and all i'd say its an improvement but still has a ways to go, hopeful in Volume 7 it gets itself on the right track again, i still believe there is potential for them to turn it around and create a great story all the elements are their for one.

#481 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2467 posts) - - Show Bio

So I figured since I’m bored, might as well make a post regarding my thoughts about this past season, don’t expect any structured essay tho, this’ll mostly be just me rambling about things. Also spoilers throughout the whole thing.

To get overall thoughts out of the way first, I will say that this has certainly been a positive season for RWBY, certainly a step up from the last season, but still a ways away from peak RWBY. If volume 2/3 was a 10 then this season was about a 7 for me (for reference, Vol 1 and 5 would be about 4-5s imo at best).

I’ll start with the elephant in the room, Taurus. Honestly I’m mixed about him and the way he was presented. On one hand, he basically had no motivation beyond vague “muh revenge”, we still have no idea what his and Blake’s relationship status was (colleagues, childhood friends, lovers? I still got nothing.), his short answered absolutely nothing, and he generally felt like a waste of potential, but on the other side, Adam was, at least by my interpretation of the story, always more of a catalyst for Blake and Yang’s development rather than his own beast, which sucks, but with that in mind he does feel a bit better and he did serve his purpose, but that’s just it, he simply served his purpose, when he could’ve been so much more. With that said, I don’t want them to bring him back to life, let the White Fang finally be finished so we can focus on Salem instead, gods know her cronies need it.

Another section I wanted to make was on Neo and the Grimm Reaper (you couldn’t pay me to remember her actual name). Whilst it was incredibly hype to have her back (still remember the battle forums going nuts for a bit when she 1v1’d Cinder), Neo honestly felt incredibly pointless and tacked on, but this is obviously a long term investment, so I won’t give her too much flack. And as for the Reaper, she honestly just felt a walking exposition machine, but honestly, she never really gave me much to go off of, so not really sure what to say about her…

But that’s enough negativity, let’s talk about things I actually liked, cause RWBY finally got off it’s high horse and actually explained things! Though talking half-way seriously now, the best episode was Salem’s backstory episode, dropping bombshells after bombshell, and genuinely being really interesting on both a narrative and thematic outlook (Salem and Ozma definitely seems like the logical extreme of the theme of loss that the show has built up), so that was definitely the highlight, but beyond that I in particular liked that Jaune seems to finally have some closure regarding Pyrrha, and whilst you can easily poke holes in that scene, I enjoyed it all the same. And whilst the Silver Eyes got a bit too little for my liking, we at least got the ball rolling and at least have some idea of what it does, so it’s better than nothing I suppose.

As for the fight choreography, Whilst he haven’t reached the peaks of back when Monty was still around, we’ve certainly bounced back from Vol 5 back to Volume 4 quality (f the fight was any longer, I’d put Neo v Cinder in competition with Tyrian v Qrow), with the characters feeling generally more mobile and actually using their semblances/unique fighting styles, particularly in Weiss and Neo’s case, which is when I personally think RWBY’s combat really shines.

In regards to what I thought was just ok, whilst great in theory, I felt they missed a golden opportunity with Qrow and didn’t really go in depth with the existential crisis he was having throughout the ‘house’ arc (tho as an aside, from both an aesthetic and lore standpoint, those Grimm underground were super interesting), and could’ve been expanded on and gave Qrow some real development and character beyond being the drunken badass of the group. And on those lines, Oscar felt like he was supposed to have a lot more to do, but they kinda just forget about him in favour of others, and 2 seasons in and I’m still infinitely more interested in Ozma (though the flashback episode certainly definitely didn’t help things for Oscar). Also the vocal tracks didn’t really do it for me this season, I dunno, I’ll probably need to hear the full versions first, but nothing’s really clicked beyond One Thing (which is great so far, won’t deny) personally.

Something I did want to point out which I figured might bother some people, and something I’d actually halfway agree with, is that much like Volume 4, if you take a step back, not a lot actually ‘happened’ in terms of actually moving the plot (all they really did was get to Atlus with a remarkably similar final scene to Volume 4, everything else was just kinda fluff), and whilst I’d definitely argue that the emotional weight of the season makes up for it unlike what Volume 4 had, it’s still something worth noting.

One last thing to say, and I know that this doesn’t affect the story, but this has probably been the worst Volume when discussing feats so far. No one got really any major boost/high end feat, Adam in particular actually got worse/completely killed his own hype (R.I.P Qrow level Adam, we hardly knew thee). The best we really got was Neo vs Cinder, and even then it was only scaling that we really got from that, with no individual feats. Again, doesn’t affect anything, but still kinda disappointing that we’re still relying on stuff from the earlier seasons when everyone’s clearer supposed to be stronger than at that time. Makes me pray that we don’t have a decently long time-skip/major power-up tho, that’ll screw everything up if the feat levels keep at this pace.

That should cover just about everything I wanted to talk about, if I missed anything I’ll edit it in and label it accordingly.

Thanks for reading this scrub’s post if you did, and if you didn’t, well, can’t say I blame ya lol. Here’s to Volume 7 keeping up this momentum. You’ve started recovering Rooster Teeth, but their’s still work to be done, so don’t start slipping back now.

#482 Posted by DoctorDaMn (889 posts) - - Show Bio

adel aka is the only thing that keeps me interested... He tears rwby a new shitter on the regular😅😅😅

#484 Posted by Fabricolage (1884 posts) - - Show Bio

I would've thought they would change their schedule around without Monty helping move things. It could have helped with the story and progress a little.

Oh yeah, Vic's no longer Qrow.