Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) or Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)?

ColossalSam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) or Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)? (24 votes)

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) 88%
Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) 13%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue One by far

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue One for sure

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue one stomps both in terms of character's development, plot, and the scenery. The scenes for Han Solo is really weird, the plot is messed up and strange, and developing a new romance interest for Hans is not a good move at all. The whole movie lacks explanation and really never showed anything important. And unlike Rogue one, Solo has no real contribution to the Star Wars universe. Rogue one explained how did the rebels got the info about the Death Star, and it literally happened just before ANH. The only thing Solo did was:

A: Developed a very weird back-story for Hans, one that is weird, messed up, and a very bad romance interest that was never showed

B: explained the parsec thing, that is the only good part

C: told us Maul was alive, but Rebels already developed that

The only thing good about Solo was Chewbaca and Lando's backstory

However, Rogue one is just comparatively much more emotional, funny, and really a good movie. Solo is completely dependent on the already-existing love for Hans and Lando, but Rogue one can still be a good movie even without Star Wars. The emotion, plot-development, Jyn's determination, her love, are all developed much better than Solo. Solo never really depicted emotions but only actions, but even in that department Rogue one did it way better

And in terms of characters, Banz, Chirrut are all very unique characters, and their unique perspective are very cool. In terms of droids, K2 is funny, cool, but really a sad story, and yes, Solo's droid (forgot its name) is cool, but just not that cool

I'm sorry for writing this long, but I wanted the rant about Solo for a long time

Koose104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Rouge One much more

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rouge one is better but both suck

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Rogue one was good but forgettable.

Solo would have been ok if they didn't try to make a Han Solo film because whatever that was it wasn't Han Solo. It also was forgettable.

The only thing remotely good to come out of Disney Star Wars is the Mandalorian.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrmonster

Rogue One by virtue of actually being good.

Spider-Simp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still actually need to see Solo lol. I keep putting it off.

Scarlet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Solo was ok. Rogue One I think is easily top 3 in the movie franchise

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue One obviously. Easily better than all the prequels.

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Rogue One

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1, but I’ve always felt SOLO is underrated should get more shine

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't watched Solo yet so I can't give an answer yet. I have watched Rogue 1.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue One was better than Solo IMO. Solo was kind of Okay but Rogue One has some Good Moments in it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1, because it stayed out of the way of the OT. The only legacy characters (really) were Tarkin & Vader (end scene and one word doesn't really count), and they were done incredible justice in ways that, in Vader's case, fans still justifiably gush over. Solo cucked Han Solo, Han. Solo. by adding in a pointless femme fatale character that added little of anything to the plot and heavily detracted from the spirit of his character, and by casting him as an actor with none of peak Ford's natural charisma. Anthony Ingruber could have at least faked it with accuracy (Age of Adalind is nothing to write home about, but Ingruber kills it as a young H. Ford, the young Solo role was stolen from him).

Using just a throwaway line from the original Star Wars as it's template, R1 gave us 2 glorious hours of unattached time in a familiar time in the Star Wars galaxy, some great moments, and some unironically memorable original characters (much as the talking heads on youtube would cry foul).

• Jyn who despite the memes, was a much better character (and better acted) than Rey ever was,
  • Chirrut Imwe was a breakout character that added a ton to the popular concept of non-force sensitives who believed in the Force,
  • K2-SO channeled his HK-47-esque sarcastic pessimism like a champ and was an infinitely better droid character than the unfunny perverted joke from solo.
  • Though he was kinda one-note Luna did a great job as Andor, channeling the conflicted bitterness of his character and gave us a side of the Rebel Alliance that made it so much more visceral.

Not to mention the fact that more or less patched the biggest plot hole of the original movie, that has had fun poked at it for 40 years.

Solo was not a Star Wars story, not like R1 was, it was a legacy character prequel story. One that was as cringe and disappointing as many others that have been made, in the SW universe and beyond.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue One. Solo was pretty bad honestly.