Posted by m_man360 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Another 80s action staple is on track to be rebooted. IESB is reporting that director Robert Rodriguez has announced plans to reboot the Arnold Schwarzenegger action film, Predator.

The director made the announcement at his Troublemaker Studios, where Texas politicians signed a reform bill to the state's film incentive program. Here's what the director said at the press conference.

"I'm going to be able to shoot my upcoming Machete here, a sci-fi action film called Nervewrackers, a re-boot of the Predator series called Predators, and a couple of smaller movies called Sin City 2 and The Jetsons."

The site also confirmed that Rodriguez was indeed directing and producing the Predator remake, and it will be his own take on the original concept.

So will he be able to direct the Predator films?

#1 Posted by Attrition (364 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Rodriguez.
His films are so cool to me.
He will do an awesome job on Predator.

I cant wait for Machete either :)

#2 Posted by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio

YES ! yes! yes!  yes!  this is my favourite movie franchise ever im so happy right now = ]

#3 Edited by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Reboot The Predator ? Why ? Why Not make a Predator vs Terminator film instead ?
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait they're actually making Machete? Heh. Awesome......but yeah I think he'd be able to do justice to Predator.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
T V P  !

Terminator vs Predator...
#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.

#7 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
PrinceIMC said:
"Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator vs Robocop vs Freddy vs Jason vs Ash."
lol

Thats would be too much for a Movie though...
#8 Posted by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"T V P  !

"
That would be awsome , maybe directed by Tarantino or Rodriguez .
#9 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"King Saturn said:
"T V P  !

"
That would be awsome , maybe directed by Tarantino or Rodriguez ."
I rather see Rodriguez direct it...
#10 Posted by bioghost (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

all i have to say is.
please explain their culture more or hell explore the homeplanet.

#11 Posted by Chickenman (256 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Reboot The Predator ? Why ? Why Not make a Predator vs Terminator film instead ?
"
Because Arnold is too busy screwing up "Cah-i-fonia" forever and ever.
#12 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Chickenman said:
"King Saturn said:
"Reboot The Predator ? Why ? Why Not make a Predator vs Terminator film instead ?
"
Because Arnold is too busy screwing up "Cah-i-fonia" forever and ever."
lol

Well he is supposed to be leaving his position of Governor of California... so maybe he will make a return to Films now...
#13 Edited by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Yaujtapool said:
"King Saturn said:
"T V P  !

"
I rather see Rodriguez direct it..."
Well Rodriguez is directing the new one but its going to feature more than one predator which kinda sucks , i ussually enjoy it when its one lonesome predator taking on the entire team of commandos .

TVP would be awsome , they could make it take place in present time and a new BADA$$ advanced terminator is sent back in time to protect John Conner but at the same time a BADA$$ veteran predator comes to earth to hunt the Conners due to him having heard of how they have killed certain " metal monsters " and also hoping to catch himself one . Then it would have the first encounter between the predator and the terminator in a Mall (Somwhere crowded) , the predator uncloaks and reveals itself to the terminator unsheathing its wristblades and holding it double barreled plasma cannon in one hand and the terminator gets out its pump action and minigun (Dont ask me how it was hidden) -pause- and then BAM !!!
#14 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"King Saturn said:
"Yaujtapool said:
"King Saturn said:
"T V P  !

"
I rather see Rodriguez direct it..."
Well Rodriguez is directing the new one but its going to feature more than one predator which kinda sucks , i ussually enjoy it when its one lonesome predator taking on the entire team of commandos .

TVP would be awsome , they could make it take place in present time and a new BADA$$ advanced terminator is sent back in time to protect John Conner but at the same time a BADA$$ veteran predator comes to earth to hunt the Conners due to him having heard of how they have killed certain " metal monsters " and also hoping to catch himself one . Then it would have the first encounter between the predator and the terminator in a Mall (Somwhere crowded) , the predator uncloaks and reveals itself to the terminator unsheathing its wristblades and holding it double barreled plasma cannon in one hand and the terminator gets out its pump action and minigun (Dont ask me how it was hidden) -pause- and then BAM !!!"
Hell Yeah Man...
#15 Posted by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Chickenman said:
"King Saturn said:
"
lol

Well he is supposed to be leaving his position of Governor of California... so maybe he will make a return to Films now...
"

Not if he is in his current shape .
#16 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"King Saturn said:
"Chickenman said:
"King Saturn said:
"
lol

"

Not if he is in his current shape .
"
lmfao

I dont think Arnold looks that bad now... plus he is supposed to be in a new film in 2010 called The Expendables
#17 Posted by Chickenman (256 posts) - - Show Bio

"Expendable" is a pretty good descriptive term for Arnold.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Chickenman said:
""Expendable" is a pretty good descriptive term for Arnold."
Ha Ha Ha
#19 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

How was Yaujtapool not the first one to post this info. You better watch out Yauj cause m man360 might dethrone you as the guru for pred. knowledge.

#20 Posted by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
" How was Yaujtapool not the first one to post this info. You better watch out Yauj cause m man360 might dethrone you as the guru for pred. knowledge."
LoL not yet , i was a bit off today though .
#21 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Shoulder Cannon
#22 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

I have little doubt that, if necessary, Arnold could bulk himself back up to respectable standards (movie wise). He was, what, 59 when T3 came out?

#23 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"I have little doubt that, if necessary, Arnold could bulk himself back up to respectable standards (movie wise). He was, what, 59 when T3 came out?"
I think you are right...
#24 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
"I have little doubt that, if necessary, Arnold could bulk himself back up to respectable standards (movie wise). He was, what, 59 when T3 came out?"
I think you are right... "
Nah, I was wrong. He's 61 now, and T3 came out in 2003, so he was around 55. Still, point stands.
#25 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
Nah, I was wrong. He's 61 now, and T3 came out in 2003, so he was around 55. Still, point stands."
It dont matter though... Arnold was still Old as Hell when he did Terminator 3... hell I dont know any 55 year old people who could have a body like Arnold in T3

lol
#26 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
Nah, I was wrong. He's 61 now, and T3 came out in 2003, so he was around 55. Still, point stands."
It dont matter though... Arnold was still Old as Hell when he did Terminator 3... hell I dont know any 55 year old people who could have a body like Arnold in T3

lol
"
Yeah, me either. Even if he wasn't up to snuff and he was gonna be in the movie, they could just do it like in T:S.....have someone else be a body double, put Arnold's face on that guy's body with CGI and then have him do the voice.
#27 Posted by Yaujtapool (7929 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda said:

"King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:

lol
"
Yeah, me either. Even if he wasn't up to snuff and he was gonna be in the movie, they could just do it like in T:S.....have someone else be a body double, put Arnold's face on that guy's body with CGI and then have him do the voice."

If arnie is going to get back in shape he is going to have to train like hell , but if they ever do make a TVP it will more than likely feature new actors or even wrestlers (Which is not going to be good)

#28 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
Yaujtapool said:
"If arnie is going to get back in shape he is going to have to train like hell , but if they ever do make a TVP it will more than likely feature new actors or even wrestlers (Which is not going to be good)"
No doubt he'll have to train hard, I just think that he can do it.

Wrestlers....urggh.....
#29 Posted by King Saturn (223044 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:
"King Saturn said:
"Sparda said:

lol
"
Yeah, me either. Even if he wasn't up to snuff and he was gonna be in the movie, they could just do it like in T:S.....have someone else be a body double, put Arnold's face on that guy's body with CGI and then have him do the voice."
Truth Indeed
#30 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be cool