Religion… What do you think?

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@king_saturn:

People used to tell me, "now we know that demons aren't real because we know the sources of illness". I used to say that the bacteria and the viruses ARE demons.

I guess in a way that is correct. Especially concerning the latter being demonic.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29402  Edited By FlashFyr

@king_saturn: Are you asserting that viruses are demonic (in a religious sense) or has my reading comprehension tanked badly?

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29405  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

you can believe on god or not doesnt matter.

But there is one fact that makes all non believer stupid as fk.

why follow rules by ppl you will never see , hear , smell aka basicly dont exists like god.

i mean you say don’t believe in god becouse its unbelievable but than go and live by ppl you will never see in your life.

ppl like you who die when they dont eat and drink in a week.

hypocrisy at its finest.

i mean accepting rules from a higher being vs accepting rules from ppl nothing better than you and probably bad humans on top of that.

congratulations, you got played.

i mean you cry becouse gays are not accepted but its ok to over eat while you are aware children die of hunger.

you even get told to enjoy food as much as you can as if its a perfect world.

i wonder whats worse.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29407  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@andrew_____: if a human can surpass god than its not the god ppl talk about.

idk what god you trying to surpass but if you think you can , than its the wrong god.

simple.

humans fail to deal with a virus lmao.

Aint no Technologie gonna change the stupidity of the humans.

how can you surpass god when you need millions of years and with technology to even come close to god?

i advice you to stop this way of thinking becouse its stupid as fuck.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29408  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

you do know why god didnt tell humans about space and all that?

becouse we are not supposed to invest billions of dollars into things that dont matter to the average guy.

meanwhile hungry kids still dying but its ok to invest a billion in something that doesnt matter to my life or any1‘s.

We have our own problems to deal here first before we fckin start to search for aliens.

holy fck , and ppl say humans can surpass god hahahahahah.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29409  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

what you can invent or know how things work is irrelevant to god’s intelligence.

you can invent a machine that creates life and you can know every star in the universe , it still means nothing to god’s knowledge or gods position.

you still gonna die without water and food without outside help while god‘s beyond life and death.

so you will NEVER surpass god.

assuming god exists.

this must be one of the stupidest things a human can say.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what im trying to say is , believe in god or not its your thing and not even god forces you.

but dont say stupid shit like that.

its stupid wether god exists or not.

Antti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29411  Edited By Antti

@arthur_morgan

"becouse we are not supposed to invest billions of dollars into things that dont matter to the average guy. ..... meanwhile hungry kids still dying but its ok to invest a billion in something that doesnt matter to my life or any1‘s."

partially I can agree with that statement.. but then U cannot forbid people to do something, just coz U don't like it ... unless it's against the law... ...If they like it, then it's their own business & they are free to do it..

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29412  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@andrew_____: books.

i didnt meant it literaly obviously.

where did i say i forbid it?

its just stupid and there is noway around it.

also proves humanity forgot what it means to be a good human.

no , you dont have to hurt or kill any1 to be a bad human.

investing billions in bullshit and saying the economy breaks When we all stay at home for two weeks is nothing but the system scared to lose control and every1 is falling for it.

everything while innocent ppl still suffer and we are AWARE of it.

that makes you a bad human wether you like it or not.

and if you don’t believe in god than killing some1 is nothing becouse there are no real rules from any1 above you becouse there is no1 above you.

Antti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29413  Edited By Antti

@arthur_morgan

" and if you don’t believe in god than killing some1 is nothing becouse there are no real rules from any1 above you becouse there is no1 above you."

Wrong. There is a Constitution & there are laws & If u kill someone, you will be sent to prison..

"investing billions in bullshit and saying the economy breaks When we all stay at home for two weeks is nothing but the system scared to lose control and every1 is falling for it."

this is a very complicated topic .. some people in the government really need to be investigated..

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrew_____: you dont get it do you?

i can tell you have no clue whats wrong in this world.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bacteria are definitely Fallen Angels

While Viruses are definitely blind grasping demons.

You have more evil beings in your body than you do cells

Antti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29417  Edited By Antti

@arthur_morgan

What is wrong with the world ?

In my opinion, it's Corruption.. this is a highly important topic .. but it's a political topic.

Some people in the government believe that they are beyond the reach of the law.. they are not..

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

1 Timothy 2:3-6 New King James Version (NKJV) 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time,

1 John 2:2 New King James Version (NKJV) 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

Hebrews 2:9 New King James Version (NKJV) 9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

1 Timothy 4:9-11 New King James Version (NKJV) 9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. 10 For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. 11 These things command and teach.

Romans 5:18 New King James Version (NKJV) 18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29419  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@andrew_____: you still dont get it.

the corruption itself is not the problem.

the problem is us allowing it.

We are the problem.

and yes, there are ppl beyond the laws made for you.

its not a matter of opinions.

its a fact each day, we allow ppl get millions and millions for irrelevant shit and we allow kids to grow up in an environment without food.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29421  Edited By FlashFyr

@arthur_morgan:What's the difference between:

A world where God exists but doesn't come down to fix our problems so we have to fix them ourselves

A world where God doesn't exist and cannot fix our problems so we have to fix them ourselves

Every study into intercessory prayer has shown that it doesn't work, that holy sites, rituals, and artifacts have no statistically significant effect on healing sickness, improving financial conditions, or feeding people. We live in a world where humans ultimately decide the fate of other humans. You may not like it, you may wish we have cosmic justice, but the game we're playing is one where we have to decide what we want and how to get there. Doesn't matter how you feel about it, doesn't matter whether you think it's fair; this is the situation you're in. Are there people beyond the laws we create? Yes. Are plenty of our laws immoral? Yes. Is any god coming down to fix it? So far, no. Has God come down to feed all those starving kids? No. So what difference does it make in our lives between a hands-off god and one that doesn't exist?

Maybe you think the difference is that belief in God is required for people to be moral. In which case, Gallup, Pew, Phil Zuckerman, etc. have shown statistically for years that the most secular countries and irreligious populations in the world (with humanism as the focus) also have the highest standards of living, are the safest, and the most generous toward the sick and elderly. By contrast, the countries with the highest religiosities are worse places to live (in fact some of the worst) in those metrics. That isn't to say nonbelief in God immediately yields better outcomes; it means that people don't devolve into raping, killing, and total anarchy when God is unimportant to them. If belief in God were actually required to be a good person, you'd expect all those countries to be batshit and all the most religious countries to be the safest and most well-off. It is the opposite. Neither God nor belief in God/God's laws is fixing any of the problems you've presented.

To launch into a tangent, though, we know that religion has added problems into the modern-day world. For example, families with strong belief in God have kicked their children out of the house and/or stopped paying for their education when they find out the kid no longer believes, that there has been active discrimination against atheists in tax-paid organizations like the boyscouts, that it has been written into the constitutions of eight states that holding public office is restricted to believers in God (constitutions that still have not been repealed because voters are too religious), that people collectively give millions of dollars of their incomes to tax-immune churches so those churches can give it to poor people and call themselves charitable, getting more believers and giving God all the credit, that religious abstinence sex ed. has done nothing to alleviate higher rates of teenage sex and pregnancy, that there have been real and traumatizing psychological problems brought on by the fear of Hell that takes years to go away if it ever does, that being a religious person has often given a beneficiary stigma in the justice system (a judge openly said he would have given a harsher sentence to a man who wanted a two year old for sex and torture—except that man was a priest), that voters appealed to their religious doctrine rather than any sound reasoning in political issues like gay marriage, that a plethora of political leaders around the world (like in Australia and the US) have gained office through the privilege that religious networks provide—those same leaders are in the category of people who appeal to their religion when making laws that prohibit others from exercising their right to liberty with themselves and consenting adults. Talk about corruption.

These are a lot of costs. A lot of costs for something we haven't even demonstrated to be true. We already know religion isn't needed to be a moral person even on a macroscopic scale, so what good is it to add all these problems when we don't need to?

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@king_saturn: Are you asserting that viruses are demonic (in a religious sense) or has my reading comprehension tanked badly?

Not really asserting anything about Viruses. This was a follow up reply from my thoughts on Mosquitoes being Demons.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@king_saturn: What...?

Mosquitoes are like Demons. They go around biting the crap out of people and can be a real terror if you don't have Off or Hot Shot spray.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrew_____:

Perhaps you'd prefer Ahura Mazda. Do you worship Ahura Mazda?

Antti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29430  Edited By Antti

@spareheadone said:

@andrew_____:

Perhaps you'd prefer Ahura Mazda. Do you worship Ahura Mazda?

I only know that there is a car Mazda... is he a car/transformer? what model he is?

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29431  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@flashfyr: wow.

Lmao, we simply dont fix our problems , why would god fix them when we actualy can fix them ourself but dont becouse we are selfish, greedy bastards ?

also your whole post fails to consider the whole reason why god doesn’t interfere.

You blame religion for the problems in modern society but why dont you blame modern society for fckin with religion?

last time i checked . Religion existed before modern days.

so you simply choose where you want the problem to be.

fix this Attitude and i can take you seriosly.

oh and btw , in both cases we dont fix our problems for the same reason so idk what you on about.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29432  Edited By FlashFyr

@arthur_morgan: You completely missed the point.

> i mean you say don’t believe in god becouse its unbelievable but than go and live by ppl you will never see in your life.

> i mean accepting rules from a higher being vs accepting rules from ppl nothing better than you and probably bad humans on top of that.

> in both cases we dont fix our problems for the same reason so idk what you on about.

We do this whether God exists or not. You're presenting these as problems that make atheists irrational but aren't giving a theistic solution or showing how theists are better off. The fact that theists abide by their governments' laws means your argument is already dead. Not to mention that you've conveniently forgotten Romans 13:1

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

Not once did I say that religion is the cause of all problems in the modern world; I said it adds certain problems and there's no reason to keep it if we can be good people without it (and the research shows we can be).

Present your issues and then tell us how belief in God changes anything in the world to fix them.

> You blame religion for the problems in modern society but why dont you blame modern society for fckin with religion?

> last time i checked . Religion existed before modern days.

You're absolutely right; religion existed before the modern era. Why don't you look into the Crusades, the religious mistreatment of native Americans, the Biblical justifications used by Senators for slavery, the parts in the Bible that literally say to kill whole peoples (including infants), perform blood magic via animal sacrifices, and the parts that tell the Jews to conquer other cities and take women and children as slaves, and rank other people lesser than the Jews based on race. Oh, right, and blame women for the whole Garden of Eden fiasco.

For someone so touchy-feely about starving children, you seem very quick to accept rules from someone who killed the entire human race except six people, then ordered genocide or carried it out himself on five separate occasions.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29433  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@flashfyr: I rather accept it from god than random humans.

you see , everything “bad“ god does is his right.

god killing human race is not random humans fucking with humans however they want.

God killing humanity does not excuse this society shitting on starving children.

God killong humanity does not excuse this system blatantly doing everything to make ppl forget god.

God can do what ever god wants becouse we are his creation.

i make a car and i can destroy that car whenever i want.

you on the other hand cant simply destroy my car unless i tell you.

its simple.

i dont care what ppl did in the past.

im talking about now.

and these ppl following these governments are living a life closer to the devil than god ironically lol.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthur_morgan: Do you wear mixed fabrics and eat shellfish? And again, Romans 13:1

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29435  Edited By FlashFyr

@arthur_morgan said:

@flashfyr: I rather accept it from god than random humans.

you see , everything “bad“ god does is his right.

god killing human race is not random humans fucking with humans however they want.

God killing humanity does not excuse this society shitting on starving children.

God killong humanity does not excuse this system blatantly doing everything to make ppl forget god.

God can do what ever god wants becouse we are his creation.

i make a car and i can destroy that car whenever i want.

you on the other hand cant simply destroy my car unless i tell you.

its simple.

i dont care what ppl did in the past.

im talking about now.

and these ppl following these governments are living a life closer to the devil than god ironically lol.

Ahhhhhhh so you really have no solutions you can put forward by believing in God, nor do you follow the Bible to the letter like in Romans 13:1. Just take the very last paragraph of my message and answer only that, ignore the rest. Kk ^u^

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr: i dont think angela merkel(german) was placed by god.

idk who those authorities are but as of right now , no1 was placed by god.

idk what you trying to tell me.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29437  Edited By FlashFyr

@arthur_morgan: But the Bible says blatantly that God put people in positions of authority, so how could NO ONE be placed in authority by God? Are you disagreeing with your Bible??

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29438  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@flashfyr: are you slow?

did god place angela merkel?

no.

And again, if you discuss with a religious guy you have to keep in mind this religious guy believes god exists just like you think he doesnt.

so if god exists , we have no right to question his actions.

while wether any1 believes in god or not i habe the RIGHT to question an authorities decision especially when these politicians dont really follow religion.

Check mate.

tell me , do starving children exist becouse god wants the modern world to ignore them?

no, they exists becouse we dont give a fuck wether religious or not.

so who the fuck are we to do that?

god got an excuse , being fcking god lmao.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29439  Edited By FlashFyr

@arthur_morgan: What makes you think God didn't place Angela Merkel? The Bible says that ALL authority comes from God and let EVERYONE submit to their governing authority. Are you missing that part? Here are more translations of the same verse.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by God’s appointment

Let everyone submit to the governing authorities, since there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are instituted by God.

So what right do you have to question your government? Your Bible blatantly tells you that NO AUTHORITY comes into being without God's approval. None. Religious, non-religious, none. And you, as part of EVERYONE, must submit to that authority. Stop pretending you follow God's word to the letter. You don't.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29440  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

Let me make so simple that YOU even understand it.

imagin a human killing equal mortal ppl not becouse god told him but becouse it gets him forward regarding his goal.

imagin a god creating human and doing whatever he wants.

who is worse?

spoiler alert , you follow the former which is worse NO MATTER WHAT god did or told humans to do.

thanks to the corona virus , my point basicly is proven.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr:

tell me , do starving children exist becouse god wants the modern world to ignore them?

no, they exists becouse we dont give a fuck wether religious or not.

so who the fuck are we to do that?

So you're saying that theists don't give a fuck about starving kids and are just as irrational as atheists? Congratulations on shooting your own argument in the foot.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me make so simple that YOU even understand it.

imagin a human killing equal mortal ppl not becouse god told him but becouse it gets him forward regarding his goal.

imagin a god creating human and doing whatever he wants.

who is worse?

spoiler alert , you follow the former which is worse NO MATTER WHAT god did or told humans to do.

thanks to the corona virus , my point basicly is proven.

This has nothing to do with authorities or whether God placed people in positions of authority.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29443  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@flashfyr: dont act stupid.

there are Religious ppl and than there are religious ppl believing how they feel like and sadly thats like 99% of the religious ppl thanks to these so called authorities.

I mean them.

This is when ppl try to be smart but act stupid at the same time.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthur_morgan: You "feel like" ignoring Romans 13:1 which says EVERYONE must submit to their governing bodies. I bet you also wear mixed fabrics and have eaten shellfish.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr: placed by god , i have no problem with that.

now tell me , did god place donald trump in authority?

or angela merkel? putin? Kim ?

pls stop acting stupid.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29446  Edited By FlashFyr

@arthur_morgan: According to the Bible, yes he did because ALL AUTHORITY comes into being with God. The Bible is clear; the fact you don't think God places all authorities into power doesn't change what the Bible says—it means you disagree with the Bible.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29447  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@flashfyr: Wow , he keeps on acting stupid.

he did not , we chose these ppl regardless of what the voters believe.

Unless you fcking think god means donald trump.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29448  Edited By FlashFyr

@arthur_morgan: Wow, it thinks its opinion on people changes what the Bible says.

Trump is an authority. God places all authorities into power. Therefore, God placed Trump into power.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr: im not changing anything.

its just you not being able to understand what is written.

FlashFyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashfyr said:

@arthur_morgan:

Trump is an authority. God places all authorities into power. Therefore, God placed Trump into power.