#24951 Posted by SC (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

Heaven is In your forehead

Hades is up your bum

Hell isnt created yet

... but when it is you will...

#24952 Posted by solar_nerd (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

My fellow Christians, we need to reject and condemn R. Kelly. It doesn't matter that he made gospel songs and has claimed to be a believer, he is a wretched, vile human being that we can't even remotely associate ourselves with.

#24953 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18053 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@heroup2112: Hah okay cool cool.

My apologies for taking the devils advocate position too seriously. I thought it would be interesting to address.

No worries, since you didn't address any of the points, there is nothing I feel the need to address. My apologies, I should have sensed your reluctance to continue earlier and worded my replies to get to this point specifically sooner!

I still enjoyed the discussion though, so thank you!

Never a problem.

#24954 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Hell isnt created yet but when it is your body and soul will burn until it is ready to rejoin the new universe as pure energy. You will then become one of Christs arse hairs or some such. It is reincarnation of a sort. It's funny because all those who reject Christ end up being part of him anyway

#24955 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio
#24956 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: @willpayton:

The Two Souls

For the human being there are effectively two souls. They should be one soul but they are so often at odds with each other that we must acknowledge them as two.

Psychology

"""Your unconscious mind holds information that is outside of your consciousness, but not only so, your unconscious mind also manages your bodily functions, your heart, your blood, your digestion, your lymph system and your eyes, to name a few."""

I would add to this Psychology excerpt the idea that the human also has two brains and the other brain is in the gut and is integrated intimately with the bacteria inside. This becomes important when you begin understanding that your soul is a small part of The World Soul.

Taoism.

"""Man has two souls, the p’o which is the soul of the body and the hun which is the soul of the spirit."""

The Chinese get it right once again.

Christianity.

"""For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good. For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man, but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin."""

The Bible explains that the flesh and the body pull our spiritual minds down into doing things that our spiritual minds know are not the best we can do.

Ancient Egypt.

"""The Egyptians believed that the human soul consisted of.

Spiritual Soul-The heart (ib) which was regarded as the seat of intelligence and emotion, the (ba) which was considered the personality and the (ren) which was the name.

Bodily Soul-which consisted of the (ka) which was the soul that lives on after death and the (shuwt) which was the shadow."""

The Bodily Soul is the part of us that lives on after death. It's funny that the part of us that goes along with our unspiritual desires is the part that lives on after death. I guess it is the most honest reflection of what we are.

Gnostic

"""The female is angry. She knows nothing ahead of time and she has two minds and two bodies. As in Herodotos’s myth, she is a virgin above and a viper below. She is called both Edem and Israel"""

This Gnostic exposition is about The World Soul, The Soul of Mother Nature. Below she is a viper, this brings us to the serpentine nature of the Bodily Soul. The term "reptile brain" is often used by all walks of life to name the unconsciousness.

This World Bodily Soul is in fact The Underworld, Hades. Your own bodily soul is one with hades right now.

'Death of The Hero' is when you lay a part of your ego down in the Serpents Belly (underworld) You go down there and instead of fighting against a dragon, you offer yourself to the dragon and it eats you. You then cut your way out of the Dragons belly having offloaded the ego that the dragon wanted. The dragon is dead and will not bother you anymore, and you are a step closer to who you want to be.

The dreams you remember are from trips you take into the underworld. You can visit the underworld through trance and hypnosis and psychology.

You can stir the underworld to visit you by using yoga techniques but you will need psychological support because it can be quite intrusive in your daily life (depending on how screwed up you really are).

Remember Brothers, You are bacteria.

#24957 Posted by solar_nerd (2364 posts) - - Show Bio
#24958 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@solar_nerd:

I don't know because I don't care.

He sounds like he needs some love and help from some real Christians. Do you know any?

#24959 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 23:5-8; 12-15; 22-40:

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;

8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the Lord.

13 And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err.

14 I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness; they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.

15 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land.

But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.

23 Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off?

24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord.

25 I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed.

26 How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart;

27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.

28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the Lord.

29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

30 Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words every one from his neighbour.

31 Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that use their tongues, and say, He saith.

32 Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the Lord.

33 And when this people, or the prophet, or a priest, shall ask thee, saying, What is the burden of the Lord? thou shalt then say unto them, What burden? I will even forsake you, saith the Lord.

34 And as for the prophet, and the priest, and the people, that shall say, The burden of the Lord, I will even punish that man and his house.

35 Thus shall ye say every one to his neighbour, and every one to his brother, What hath the Lord answered? and, What hath the Lord spoken?

36 And the burden of the Lord shall ye mention no more: for every man's word shall be his burden; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the Lord of hosts our God.

37 Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath the Lord answered thee? and, What hath the Lord spoken?

38 But since ye say, The burden of the Lord; therefore thus saith the Lord; Because ye say this word, The burden of the Lord, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of the Lord;

39 Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence:

40 And I will bring an everlasting reproach upon you, and a perpetual shame, which shall not be forgotten.

Loading Video...

#24960 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 24:1-10:

The Lord shewed me, and, behold, two baskets of figs were set before the temple of the Lord, after that Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon had carried away captive Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim king of Judah, and the princes of Judah, with the carpenters and smiths, from Jerusalem, and had brought them to Babylon.

2 One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are first ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad.

3 Then said the Lord unto me, What seest thou, Jeremiah? And I said, Figs; the good figs, very good; and the evil, very evil, that cannot be eaten, they are so evil.

4 Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

5 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good.

6 For I will set mine eyes upon them for good, and I will bring them again to this land: and I will build them, and not pull them down; and I will plant them, and not pluck them up.

7 And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

8 And as the evil figs, which cannot be eaten, they are so evil; surely thus saith the Lord, So will I give Zedekiah the king of Judah, and his princes, and the residue of Jerusalem, that remain in this land, and them that dwell in the land of Egypt:

9 And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

10 And I will send the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, among them, till they be consumed from off the land that I gave unto them and to their fathers.

Loading Video...

#24961 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 26:1-16:

In the beginning of the reign of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah came this word from the Lord, saying,

2 Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord's house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord's house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:

3 If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.

4 And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord; If ye will not hearken to me, to walk in my law, which I have set before you,

5 To hearken to the words of my servants the prophets, whom I sent unto you, both rising up early, and sending them, but ye have not hearkened;

6 Then will I make this house like Shiloh, and will make this city a curse to all the nations of the earth.

7 So the priests and the prophets and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the house of the Lord.

8 Now it came to pass, when Jeremiah had made an end of speaking all that the Lord had commanded him to speak unto all the people, that the priests and the prophets and all the people took him, saying, Thou shalt surely die.

9 Why hast thou prophesied in the name of the Lord, saying, This house shall be like Shiloh, and this city shall be desolate without an inhabitant? And all the people were gathered against Jeremiah in the house of the Lord.

10 When the princes of Judah heard these things, then they came up from the king's house unto the house of the Lord, and sat down in the entry of the new gate of the Lord's house.

11 Then spake the priests and the prophets unto the princes and to all the people, saying, This man is worthy to die; for he hath prophesied against this city, as ye have heard with your ears.

12 Then spake Jeremiah unto all the princes and to all the people, saying, The Lord sent me to prophesy against this house and against this city all the words that ye have heard.

13 Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God; and the Lord will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.

14 As for me, behold, I am in your hand: do with me as seemeth good and meet unto you.

15 But know ye for certain, that if ye put me to death, ye shall surely bring innocent blood upon yourselves, and upon this city, and upon the inhabitants thereof: for of a truth the Lord hath sent me unto you to speak all these words in your ears.

16 Then said the princes and all the people unto the priests and to the prophets; This man is not worthy to die: for he hath spoken to us in the name of the Lord our God.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#24962 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to have roast religion with gravy. Or a nice religion and mushroom pie. I've got a nice piece of religion shoulder cooking in the slow cooker at the moment and I can't wait to taste it.

#24963 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone: Worship any one They all are different form of Saguna Brahman.

Or Try to know your True self the Nirguna Brahman.

#24964 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone: https://books.google.com.bd/books?id=IPasbJW-1PwC&pg=PR4&lpg=PR4&dq=philosophy+of+Shankara+s+k+chattopadhyay&source=bl&ots=SwD7ocwwIR&sig=ACfU3U2sIKoGhgA-83Soss12UpzW9vK4xA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiw2_L92KbgAhVOaCsKHV4VCAcQ6AEwB3oECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=philosophy%20of%20Shankara%20s%20k%20chattopadhyay&f=false

Maybe This one will Help you to understand philosophy of Hinduism

#24965 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio
#24966 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5344 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone: Aham Brahmāsmi

I am Brahman

Tat Tvam Asi

You are that (Brahman)

#24967 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 28:12-17; 29:8-14; 24-32:

Then the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah the prophet, after that Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke from off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah, saying,

13 Go and tell Hananiah, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Thou hast broken the yokes of wood; but thou shalt make for them yokes of iron.

14 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; I have put a yoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations, that they may serve Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they shall serve him: and I have given him the beasts of the field also.

15 Then said the prophet Jeremiah unto Hananiah the prophet, Hear now, Hananiah; The Lord hath not sent thee; but thou makest this people to trust in a lie.

16 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the Lord.

17 So Hananiah the prophet died the same year in the seventh month.

For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the Lord.

10 For thus saith the Lord, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

Thus shalt thou also speak to Shemaiah the Nehelamite, saying,

25 Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying, Because thou hast sent letters in thy name unto all the people that are at Jerusalem, and to Zephaniah the son of Maaseiah the priest, and to all the priests, saying,

26 The Lord hath made thee priest in the stead of Jehoiada the priest, that ye should be officers in the house of the Lord, for every man that is mad, and maketh himself a prophet, that thou shouldest put him in prison, and in the stocks.

27 Now therefore why hast thou not reproved Jeremiah of Anathoth, which maketh himself a prophet to you?

28 For therefore he sent unto us in Babylon, saying, This captivity is long: build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

29 And Zephaniah the priest read this letter in the ears of Jeremiah the prophet.

30 Then came the word of the Lord unto Jeremiah, saying,

31 Send to all them of the captivity, saying, Thus saith the Lord concerning Shemaiah the Nehelamite; Because that Shemaiah hath prophesied unto you, and I sent him not, and he caused you to trust in a lie:

32 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will punish Shemaiah the Nehelamite, and his seed: he shall not have a man to dwell among this people; neither shall he behold the good that I will do for my people, saith the Lord; because he hath taught rebellion against the Lord.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#24968 Posted by Iron_Tiger (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Still with the randomness.

#24969 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio
#24970 Posted by PatriotBear (320 posts) - - Show Bio

I think not enough of you have found it.

#24971 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio
#24972 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

There is eternal life.

Life did not begin.

if you disagree with me.

you are incorrect.

#24973 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 30:1-3; 31:35-37:

The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,

2 Thus speaketh the Lord God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.

3 For, lo, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the Lord: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it.

Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name:

36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37 Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.

Loading Video...

#24974 Posted by willpayton (22062 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#24975 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

I went through most of this video, up to about the 13:00 min mark; from what he said about the Bible, I honestly doubt that he's actually read the Bible to any good degree and explored it through the opinion of others, at least not to such a sufficient degree to make such a drastic choice as he claims to have made. Additionally, he hasn't considered the evidence supporting the Bible in totality with the different forms of evidence supporting the Bible; and, as far as the scientific evidence, he's obviously been mislead by confirmation bias to justify drawing the conclusions about the issue in line with what he wanted to draw; as an example, he could have deflected all or most of the changes that he received through his claimed study of science, simply by going back to the scientific sources within the scholarly Christian community, specifically if he were as devout a Christian as he claimed, which would have been a logical and anxious first step for such an individual (e.g. he discussed the age of the universe and things said about evolution in his textbook, presumably; the case of the age of the universe being separate from the age of the Bible has been addressed in a number of ways by the Christian science community; and in relation to the topic of evolution, if he were so devout, he would have simply passed the issues for discussion with the scholarly Christian community where they all would have been clarified for him; I'm sure they're aware of most, if not all, of the attempts at trivializing the issues associated with evolution that have existed long enough that it could be placed into a textbook; but, I digress again, there are also other forms of evidence supporting the Bible and Christianity that would have allowed for such a devout Christian to at least suspend his disbelief until he discussed that issue with the scholarly Christian community); honestly, I do remember going through a number of his videos a few years ago and they're all derived from both confirmation bias and a lack of a wiliness to have the information doubled checked, at the very least, before making such a radical change of belief. Thus, given his half heart efforts to maintain such claimed strong faith in Christianity, I honestly can't take him seriously, at all, when he says that he was once a very hardcore Christian; and he touts essential oils as if that's something or the only thing that is binding together someone's confidence in Christianity; a devout Christian would not believe such.

#24976 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

Lovely video but this boy's personal experience is unreliable.

#24977 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 32:16-44:

Now when I had delivered the evidence of the purchase unto Baruch the son of Neriah, I prayed unto the Lord, saying,

17 Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

18 Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the Lord of hosts, is his name,

19 Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

20 Which hast set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day, and in Israel, and among other men; and hast made thee a name, as at this day;

21 And hast brought forth thy people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs, and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with great terror;

22 And hast given them this land, which thou didst swear to their fathers to give them, a land flowing with milk and honey;

23 And they came in, and possessed it; but they obeyed not thy voice, neither walked in thy law; they have done nothing of all that thou commandedst them to do: therefore thou hast caused all this evil to come upon them:

24 Behold the mounts, they are come unto the city to take it; and the city is given into the hand of the Chaldeans, that fight against it, because of the sword, and of the famine, and of the pestilence: and what thou hast spoken is come to pass; and, behold, thou seest it.

25 And thou hast said unto me, O Lord God, Buy thee the field for money, and take witnesses; for the city is given into the hand of the Chaldeans.

26 Then came the word of the Lord unto Jeremiah, saying,

27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

28 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will give this city into the hand of the Chaldeans, and into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, and he shall take it:

29 And the Chaldeans, that fight against this city, shall come and set fire on this city, and burn it with the houses, upon whose roofs they have offered incense unto Baal, and poured out drink offerings unto other gods, to provoke me to anger.

30 For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, saith the Lord.

31 For this city hath been to me as a provocation of mine anger and of my fury from the day that they built it even unto this day; that I should remove it from before my face,

32 Because of all the evil of the children of Israel and of the children of Judah, which they have done to provoke me to anger, they, their kings, their princes, their priests, and their prophets, and the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

33 And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.

34 But they set their abominations in the house, which is called by my name, to defile it.

35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

36 And now therefore thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning this city, whereof ye say, It shall be delivered into the hand of the king of Babylon by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence;

37 Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:

38 And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:

39 And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:

40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.

41 Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.

42 For thus saith the Lord; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

43 And fields shall be bought in this land, whereof ye say, It is desolate without man or beast; it is given into the hand of the Chaldeans.

44 Men shall buy fields for money, and subscribe evidences, and seal them, and take witnesses in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, and in the cities of the mountains, and in the cities of the valley, and in the cities of the south: for I will cause their captivity to return, saith the Lord.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#24978 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 34:8-22:

This is the word that came unto Jeremiah from the Lord, after that the king Zedekiah had made a covenant with all the people which were at Jerusalem, to proclaim liberty unto them;

9 That every man should let his manservant, and every man his maidservant, being an Hebrew or an Hebrewess, go free; that none should serve himself of them, to wit, of a Jew his brother.

10 Now when all the princes, and all the people, which had entered into the covenant, heard that every one should let his manservant, and every one his maidservant, go free, that none should serve themselves of them any more, then they obeyed, and let them go.

11 But afterward they turned, and caused the servants and the handmaids, whom they had let go free, to return, and brought them into subjection for servants and for handmaids.

12 Therefore the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,

13 Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; I made a covenant with your fathers in the day that I brought them forth out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondmen, saying,

14 At the end of seven years let ye go every man his brother an Hebrew, which hath been sold unto thee; and when he hath served thee six years, thou shalt let him go free from thee: but your fathers hearkened not unto me, neither inclined their ear.

15 And ye were now turned, and had done right in my sight, in proclaiming liberty every man to his neighbour; and ye had made a covenant before me in the house which is called by my name:

16 But ye turned and polluted my name, and caused every man his servant, and every man his handmaid, whom he had set at liberty at their pleasure, to return, and brought them into subjection, to be unto you for servants and for handmaids.

17 Therefore thus saith the Lord; Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbour: behold, I proclaim a liberty for you, saith the Lord, to the sword, to the pestilence, and to the famine; and I will make you to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.

18 And I will give the men that have transgressed my covenant, which have not performed the words of the covenant which they had made before me, when they cut the calf in twain, and passed between the parts thereof,

19 The princes of Judah, and the princes of Jerusalem, the eunuchs, and the priests, and all the people of the land, which passed between the parts of the calf;

20 I will even give them into the hand of their enemies, and into the hand of them that seek their life: and their dead bodies shall be for meat unto the fowls of the heaven, and to the beasts of the earth.

21 And Zedekiah king of Judah and his princes will I give into the hand of their enemies, and into the hand of them that seek their life, and into the hand of the king of Babylon's army, which are gone up from you.

22 Behold, I will command, saith the Lord, and cause them to return to this city; and they shall fight against it, and take it, and burn it with fire: and I will make the cities of Judah a desolation without an inhabitant.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#24979 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple: I was a devout christian, in fact - I both was responsible for my 'born again experience' when I was younger in a family that largely didn't give a crap - on the backs of calls from looking at the politics and weekly updates from Hal Lindsey. Regrettably after that I had a hand in 'saving' my father, which is still something I have to live with. In those early years I was very zealous, tying in almost every aspect of my experience in it, be it at prayer, bible study - countless hours on various videos/sermons, reading the bible cover to cover innumerous times... My favorite was Chuck Missler (who now only makes me cringe, with things like the peanut butter thing).

And then over time, dealing with rational, objective ways to look at evidence, I kept having to face the fact that either god lied, or the bible literalist view I had about the scripture (like creation) were not accurate or simply made up. We even have tree ring data that dates back to longer than 6000 years, some up to 10000 years... So no, we don't even have to rely on any carbon dating to prove it. I also started to learn and object to the rebuttals I long shrugged off and hoped were right on so many things, even trying to correct fellow christian. I got less and less religious - and then at a certain point, I just swallowed the pill that I am an atheist. I didn't take the BS of well agnostic either. A (absence of) theist (belief in god). Atheist = I don't believe in a god. Has nothing to do with proof. You can be an agnostic atheist, but you are still an atheist either way. From that point on, for a brief bit, I just went around and just crossed examined whatever traces were there - like the electric universe ideas (it really was ingenious to me, we were always told that the electrical force, etc - was so much stronger than the gravitational ones, so it made sense) - but even that had some real astrophysicists talk and look into it that I never heard before this period.

And now I understand that furthermore, the existence of Hell itself (for any religion) for that matter is actually a moral wrong and a failing. At a certain point of time, it will always be more harm than the punishment would ever merit - even for Hitler. And for just an average guy who had average faults? And to use this as a scare tactic to become saved is even worse, because several other religions also have a hell for all time for unbelievers. So 'what if you are wrong, sic HELL' - well, then, what if we are both wrong, and we then burn for an eternity under Allah's hell? Or heck, even Judaism, or any of the others? Just buy it because 'well, we might be wrong'? But they are contradictory, so it is an irrational position.

So that is my view on religion in the a nutshell. I don't think it is a valid way to look at the world, and is just full of assumptions. I do however hold that it does have some use for those wanting to atone for previous faults in their life, or get some hope or a purpose - but I wouldn't ever look at it first over some other options, and never buy the entire package. I view all religions as something long term I hope we get rid of - and not do what so many others have done, and then just buy whatever other ideology comes around like a pseudo-religion, like SJWs...

#24980 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhopullsthestrings:

"""My favorite was Chuck Missler (who now only makes me cringe, with things like the peanut butter thing)."""

What is the Peanut Butter Thing?

"""And then over time, dealing with rational, objective ways to look at evidence, I kept having to face the fact that either god lied, or the bible literalist view I had about the scripture (like creation) were not accurate or simply made up. We even have tree ring data that dates back to longer than 6000 years, some up to 10000 years... So no, we don't even have to rely on any carbon dating to prove it. I also started to learn and object to the rebuttals I long shrugged off and hoped were right on so many things, even trying to correct fellow christian. I got less and less religious - and then at a certain point, I just swallowed the pill that I am an atheist."""

What is your number one piece of Bible destroying evidence?

""" I didn't take the BS of well agnostic either. A (absence of) theist (belief in god). Atheist = I don't believe in a god. Has nothing to do with proof. You can be an agnostic atheist, but you are still an atheist either way."""

Be a Humanistic Pantheist, they are awesome.

"""And now I understand that furthermore, the existence of Hell itself (for any religion) for that matter is actually a moral wrong and a failing. At a certain point of time, it will always be more harm than the punishment would ever merit - even for Hitler. And for just an average guy who had average faults? And to use this as a scare tactic to become saved is even worse, because several other religions also have a hell for all time for unbelievers. So 'what if you are wrong, sic HELL' - well, then, what if we are both wrong, and we then burn for an eternity under Allah's hell? Or heck, even Judaism, or any of the others? Just buy it because 'well, we might be wrong'? But they are contradictory, so it is an irrational position."""

The bible shows that hell as in the lake of fire exists in eternity; eternity is more like place where there is no time rather than an infinite amount of time.

The devil and the false prophet will suffer ages and ages. The rest of us will burn until we die (the second death). The devil and false prophet will only suffer for ages and ages. Not for an infinite time.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#24981 Edited by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone said:

What is the Peanut Butter Thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6B0ad7fgo - It fundamentally doesn't understand anything, makes a strawman of the millions of years, plus the actual things needed to make abiogenesis. Nor just about ANYTHING on the topic, just complete ignorance. I used to buy into the electric universe thing, until I got points from astrophysicists on it - which is another theory he was putting out.

"""And then over time, dealing with rational, objective ways to look at evidence, I kept having to face the fact that either god lied, or the bible literalist view I had about the scripture (like creation) were not accurate or simply made up. We even have tree ring data that dates back to longer than 6000 years, some up to 10000 years... So no, we don't even have to rely on any carbon dating to prove it. I also started to learn and object to the rebuttals I long shrugged off and hoped were right on so many things, even trying to correct fellow christian. I got less and less religious - and then at a certain point, I just swallowed the pill that I am an atheist."""

What is your number one piece of Bible destroying evidence?

A lot of contradictory things, and for someone who fell off year by year, it wasn't ever just one thing, but a thousand smaller cuts that ended up showing 'this is all bullshit' over time. Some things in scripture: In various gospels, the rooster either crows once... Or sometimes it is mentioned to have crowed twice. If you take the bible literally, both can't be true.

Also, it just contradicts so many things we have seen. We have zero evidence of a flood, and a lot of evidence from the contrary. You say evolution doesn't exist, but then people at the creation institute pretty much rely on small scale evolutionary booms from the ark. Plus evolution fits all the bills for what we have now, without having to stretch from another point (occam's razor). 6000 years is far too low, we have like 10 ways of debunking that at this point. From human civilization, animals, tree ring records, geology, carbon dating (and no, stop using silly 'it is bad' when you realize you cannot carbon date fossils BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE CARBON IN THEM ANYMORE. You end up getting readings on things like the resin it is cased in, or other things. If i had a nickle for every time I heard some thing like well - they said this and that of what I just got outside a second ago thousands of years ago, and disproved it by them not understanding how anything actually worked, then I would be rich. here is this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APEpwkXatbY it goes into some of that a bit), linguistic flow studies (and how they change and evolve over time and the people group in studies. It is quite interesting, and from what we can tell, it largely does show at this point it had to be well older than 6000 years of human lingual evolution), and a lot more.

In the end, this is the short part of it, and there is just too much to get into that just makes me have no reason to have any faith in it, let alone the writers and the study of how we even got the scriptures we do today... No religious scripture doesn't make a fool of itself by modern standards. But what is worse: back then you might not be able to explain things, but now if a person has a question like: how did we get here, how did we get here, where did we get our morals, etc - we can answer them. And occam's razor says while the simplest answers make the most sense. I could have 12 in my pocket. One assumption could be I just have that from my paycheck over time and have it in my pocket now - another person can make an assumption that I took it off some aliens who invaded after I beat them back, and took it off of one of their fancy teleporters. I mean, you might not be able to disprove it either way - but make the fewest amount of assumptions possible, and in this case - the bible is an extra assumption built with a whole slew of them, even if you couldn't disprove it (and at this point, I think you can) - as it doesn't have any better explanatory power as any of us have right now without it.Also, stop and truly try and understand what this chart is demonstrating with the internal logical problems: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-6798952

Be a Humanistic Pantheist, they are awesome.

By just adding another layer to believe in, there is just an all-encompassing god that no one really knows? Doesn't help me.

The bible shows that hell as in the lake of fire exists in eternity; eternity is more like place where there is no time rather than an infinite amount of time.

The devil and the false prophet will suffer ages and ages. The rest of us will burn until we die (the second death). The devil and false prophet will only suffer for ages and ages. Not for an infinite time.

As someone who has read the bible enough times legitly (I am annoyed by some of my fellow atheists who have attacked it, and have made fools of themselves for not actually understanding it, and throw out weak attack on it) - I can tell you this: you aren't looking at it as a straight up source of matter of fact. You are reading into it. I at least was a bible literalist, and took everything as divine word without any allegory, except where directly alluding to allegory (like the parables Jesus used).

It specifically mentions a place where 'this is the second death' (when they were all thrown into the lake of fire) after the thousand years of peace/millennium, and there are some that will avoid the second death - ie: those who were saved, despite dying once in this life. It specifically mentions going to this place 'the worm will not die, and the fire will not be quenched' - as something to be scared of. Because it will not go away from you.

And saying it is 'well, time is frozen' isn't an answer, because no matter how you slice it - be it actually infinite years, or an infinite amount of frozen time that doesn't 'progress to infinite years', then it is still infinite style punishment, and that is above and beyond anything most any human ever deserves to be put through. And even if it is for the length of time they ask for even by the catholics (which I never got into, because of woo-woo perversion of my scriptures, as a bible literalist), where they have the Purgatory... You go there, suffer a little bit, and just go away - even that much is unjust given the length of times most of them will say (and which, there is no scripture for), where only the worst of the worst ever get actual hell. Which btw - thinking about it a little bit, NO HUMAN ever deserves eternal hell, even the very worst ones out there, like Mao and Hitler and Ghengis. Not for all time. But furthermore, the bible makes mention of 'you have no excuse', because 'the birds, nature, etc' - 'speak of the truth', and 'the gospel of christ' (the born again experience of accepting him personally) - is the only way of salvation. So then the native Americans who had no excuse, and didn't believe in him, well - they were all going to hell in an even more unjust manner than the system was unjust to begin with. I don't care if "god views our sins eternally differently and infinitely more righteously angry at it than we do" - that doesn't excuse it.

#24982 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

The Peanut Butter Thing?

""""https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6B0ad7fgo - It fundamentally doesn't understand anything, makes a strawman of the millions of years, plus the actual things needed to make abiogenesis. Nor just about ANYTHING on the topic, just complete ignorance. I used to buy into the electric universe thing, until I got points from astrophysicists on it - which is another theory he was putting out."""

I watched it and Chuck Misler was clearly "tongue in cheek" when he presented it. He was clearly making the broader point that we have never observed abiogenesis. Some idiot put the "Wheres your evolution now" writing at the end.

You make it sound like millions of years plus all the correct ingredients will create life. This is contrary to evidence.

The Bible destroying evidence

"""In various gospels, the rooster either crows once... Or sometimes it is mentioned to have crowed twice. If you take the bible literally, both can't be true."""

Matthew, Luke and John dont say that the rooster crowed only once, they just say that the rooster crowed. Mark says the rooster crowed twice before Peter remembered the words of Jesus. Knowing roosters, I'm quite sure the rooster crowed even more than twice.

"""We have zero evidence of a flood, and a lot of evidence from the contrary."""

There is alot of evidence for a flood. Why would you say there is zero? That is an extreme position to take.

""" You say evolution doesn't exist, but then people at the creation institute pretty much rely on small scale evolutionary booms from the ark."""

Creation Institute would call them 'adaptive morphological changes' or something like that. Evolution in its comprehensive definition, includes biological events that we never observe happening in nature, nor can we even hypothesize how they might have happened.

"""Plus evolution fits all the bills for what we have now, without having to stretch from another point (occam's razor)."""

Evolution in its comprehensive definition, includes biological events that we never observe happening in nature, nor can we even hypothesize how they might have happened. There are stretches involved in evolutionary theory.

If you are talking about origins i,e Noah's Ark vs Luca; The Last Universal Common Ancestor. There are many assumptions on both sides. There are many pills you have to swallow if you are going to whole heartedly accept the materialistic naturalistic version of evolution.

"""6000 years is far too low, we have like 10 ways of debunking that at this point. From human civilization, animals, tree ring records, geology, carbon dating (and no, stop using silly 'it is bad' when you realize you cannot carbon date fossils BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE CARBON IN THEM ANYMORE. You end up getting readings on things like the resin it is cased in, or other things. If i had a nickle for every time I heard some thing like well - they said this and that of what I just got outside a second ago thousands of years ago, and disproved it by them not understanding how anything actually worked, then I would be rich. here is this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APEpwkXatbY it goes into some of that a bit),"""

Tree rings are caused by climate and environment changes, they are not caused by a calendar year. I would think that over a thousand years, some drastic "extra ring causing events" would take place.

Carbon Dating and Radio metric dating in general is based on assumptions, such as... ...assuming we know how much daughter isotope was present at the time of burial or death

...assuming the decay rate has been constant,

...assuming that no contamination has taken place during burial.

For example beta radiation can "age" a sample millions of years with just one exposure.

"""linguistic flow studies (and how they change and evolve over time and the people group in studies. It is quite interesting, and from what we can tell, it largely does show at this point it had to be well older than 6000 years of human lingual evolution), and a lot more."""

This subject is highly subjective and is a very soft science. Full of assumptions.

#24983 Posted by SC (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone: Out of curiosity, why do you think Chuck Missler was being tongue in cheek?

#24984 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

I could see his cheeky smirk toward the end with his comment..."now you may smile at this.". This was in reference to the crudity of his illustration.

He obviously heaps abiogenesis in with the theory of evolution. He uses the term "theory of evolution" to mean "materialistic naturalistic evolutionary theory" which would by definition include abiogenesis.

The peanut butter jar was a symbol of all the billions of things in our world that already contain the ingredients for life (ie a dead bird) and are already assembled (a cell in the dead bird) and yet the bird and its cells decay. Billions of opportunities occur every day for something to "come alive" and we haven't witnessed any; instead we keep witnessing things moving toward death and decay.

I prefer to try and understand where a person is coming from.

#24985 Posted by SC (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone: Are you familiar with Chuck Missler and some of his other views?

Oh and I agree, trying to understand where a person is coming from, I think thats honorable and good for ideas and healthy dialogue. I'm just not necessarily sure that Missler was being tongue in cheek. To put it another way, Ray Comfort also famously used a banana to prove the existence of God, when he was heavily criticized, (many people pointed out that the modern banana was cultivated that way by man) he backtracked and made an apology and clarification of sorts.

This isn't to say the points you make after such an interpretation are more or less valid, I just wouldn't be surprised if Missler was being literal. I don't know if Missler ever reflected on or addressed this example before he passed though, so I could be wrong.

Thanks for the reply!

#24986 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

I've heard of Chuck but I don't know his views.

I can point out mistakes made by university websites, scientists in general, anti religious anti theistic scientists, ID scientists and Biblical scientists. It's really easy to do. Then I can say that they are all pathetic brainless morons who don't know how to do science. Then by implication, everyone who is affiliated with them is a mindless sheeplike automaton trapped in their conspiracy. That would be all of us.

Hang on I will quickly find a mistake made by Dawkins, easy to do. Now I will make a Youtube vid. I will put on the smartest most Oxfordian accent I can, I will expose Dawkins for the fraud he is while simultaneously picking the shit out of every sentence of his that I choose to show, and reminding everyone how dumb he is and how dumb materialism is. I will deliberately misconstrue things that he said and people who want to believe what I spout, will indeed believe it.

I think you know that I would rather tackle the real stuff and leave the slander and posturing to others.

#24987 Posted by SC (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone:

You could also acknowledge that some individuals make bad and poorly thought out arguments, and that doesn't necessarily mean, they are stupid or unintelligent, or that the subject or position they are arguing for, doesn't have better positions or arguments.

Just because Chuck Missler potentially made a bad, cringe worthy argument, doesn't mean that someone is misconstruing him, or affiliating anyone else with similar viewpoints negatively. I have seen some bad arguments from people who agree with evolution, not because I misconstrued them, in some instances I addressed them, and the other person realized their error and conceded. Sometimes thats all it is.

I appreciate the idea of you wanting to give others the benefit of the doubt, I like to do that too, but its okay if people make bad arguments too, it shouldn't reflect badly on them, The hope is that their ideas and arguments improve. I myself, use to hold some very silly ideas in the past too. I probably still have some silly ideas that I haven't really explored or been challenged on, that just tumble around in my brain.

#24988 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Yeah me too. I'm silly but I want to grow.

#24989 Posted by SC (17984 posts) - - Show Bio

@spareheadone: Me too! Then once we are large enough, we can devour the rest of the CV users and then migrate to other websites to eat more people!

Fun Sad Fact: Chuck Missler actually died in my country, just last year. He actually seemed pretty interesting and had books on Aliens and Cosmic Codes.

#24990 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

He sounds like a freaky dude. Perhaps a bit later we could dig him up and eat him.

#24991 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 35:1-11:

The word which came unto Jeremiah from the Lord in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, saying,

2 Go unto the house of the Rechabites, and speak unto them, and bring them into the house of the Lord, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink.

3 Then I took Jaazaniah the son of Jeremiah, the son of Habaziniah, and his brethren, and all his sons, and the whole house of the Rechabites;

4 And I brought them into the house of the Lord, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan, the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door:

5 And I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites pots full of wine, and cups, and I said unto them, Drink ye wine.

6 But they said, We will drink no wine: for Jonadab the son of Rechab our father commanded us, saying, Ye shall drink no wine, neither ye, nor your sons for ever:

7 Neither shall ye build house, nor sow seed, nor plant vineyard, nor have any: but all your days ye shall dwell in tents; that ye may live many days in the land where ye be strangers.

8 Thus have we obeyed the voice of Jonadab the son of Rechab our father in all that he hath charged us, to drink no wine all our days, we, our wives, our sons, nor our daughters;

9 Nor to build houses for us to dwell in: neither have we vineyard, nor field, nor seed:

10 But we have dwelt in tents, and have obeyed, and done according to all that Jonadab our father commanded us.

11 But it came to pass, when Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon came up into the land, that we said, Come, and let us go to Jerusalem for fear of the army of the Chaldeans, and for fear of the army of the Syrians: so we dwell at Jerusalem.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#24992 Posted by SpareHeadOne (5716 posts) - - Show Bio

🎶"Don't look don't look" the shadows breathe

Whispering me away from you

"Don't wake at night to watch her sleep

You know that you will always lose

This trembling

Adored

Tousled bird mad girl..."

But every night I burn

But every night I call your name

Every night I burn

Every night I fall again

"Oh don't talk of love" the shadows purr

Murmuring me away from you

"Don't talk of worlds that never were

The end is all that's ever true

There's nothing you can ever say

Nothing you can ever do..."

Still every night I burn

Every night I scream your name

Every night I burn

Every night the dream's the same

Every night I burn

Waiting for my only friend

Every night I burn

Waiting for the world to end

"Just paint your face" the shadows smile

Slipping me away from you

"Oh it doesn't matter how you hide

Find you if we're wanting to

So slide back down and close your eyes

Sleep a while

You must be tired..."

But every night I burn

Every night I call your name

Every night I burn

Every night I fall again

Every night I burn

Scream the animal scream

Every night I burn

Dream the crow black dream

Dream the crow black dream...🎶

#24993 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 36:1-19:

And it came to pass in the fourth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, that this word came unto Jeremiah from the Lord, saying,

2 Take thee a roll of a book, and write therein all the words that I have spoken unto thee against Israel, and against Judah, and against all the nations, from the day I spake unto thee, from the days of Josiah, even unto this day.

3 It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the evil which I purpose to do unto them; that they may return every man from his evil way; that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.

4 Then Jeremiah called Baruch the son of Neriah: and Baruch wrote from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the Lord, which he had spoken unto him, upon a roll of a book.

5 And Jeremiah commanded Baruch, saying, I am shut up; I cannot go into the house of the Lord:

6 Therefore go thou, and read in the roll, which thou hast written from my mouth, the words of the Lord in the ears of the people in the Lord's house upon the fasting day: and also thou shalt read them in the ears of all Judah that come out of their cities.

7 It may be they will present their supplication before the Lord, and will return every one from his evil way: for great is the anger and the fury that the Lord hath pronounced against this people.

8 And Baruch the son of Neriah did according to all that Jeremiah the prophet commanded him, reading in the book the words of the Lord in the Lord's house.

9 And it came to pass in the fifth year of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, in the ninth month, that they proclaimed a fast before the Lord to all the people in Jerusalem, and to all the people that came from the cities of Judah unto Jerusalem.

10 Then read Baruch in the book the words of Jeremiah in the house of the Lord, in the chamber of Gemariah the son of Shaphan the scribe, in the higher court, at the entry of the new gate of the Lord's house, in the ears of all the people.

11 When Michaiah the son of Gemariah, the son of Shaphan, had heard out of the book all the words of the Lord,

12 Then he went down into the king's house, into the scribe's chamber: and, lo, all the princes sat there, even Elishama the scribe, and Delaiah the son of Shemaiah, and Elnathan the son of Achbor, and Gemariah the son of Shaphan, and Zedekiah the son of Hananiah, and all the princes.

13 Then Michaiah declared unto them all the words that he had heard, when Baruch read the book in the ears of the people.

14 Therefore all the princes sent Jehudi the son of Nethaniah, the son of Shelemiah, the son of Cushi, unto Baruch, saying, Take in thine hand the roll wherein thou hast read in the ears of the people, and come. So Baruch the son of Neriah took the roll in his hand, and came unto them.

15 And they said unto him, Sit down now, and read it in our ears. So Baruch read it in their ears.

16 Now it came to pass, when they had heard all the words, they were afraid both one and other, and said unto Baruch, We will surely tell the king of all these words.

17 And they asked Baruch, saying, Tell us now, How didst thou write all these words at his mouth?

18 Then Baruch answered them, He pronounced all these words unto me with his mouth, and I wrote them with ink in the book.

19 Then said the princes unto Baruch, Go, hide thee, thou and Jeremiah; and let no man know where ye be.

Loading Video...

#24994 Posted by dshipp17 (5382 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremiah 39:4-18:

And it came to pass, that when Zedekiah the king of Judah saw them, and all the men of war, then they fled, and went forth out of the city by night, by the way of the king's garden, by the gate betwixt the two walls: and he went out the way of the plain.

5 But the Chaldeans' army pursued after them, and overtook Zedekiah in the plains of Jericho: and when they had taken him, they brought him up to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon to Riblah in the land of Hamath, where he gave judgment upon him.

6 Then the king of Babylon slew the sons of Zedekiah in Riblah before his eyes: also the king of Babylon slew all the nobles of Judah.

7 Moreover he put out Zedekiah's eyes, and bound him with chains, to carry him to Babylon.

8 And the Chaldeans burned the king's house, and the houses of the people, with fire, and brake down the walls of Jerusalem.

9 Then Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carried away captive into Babylon the remnant of the people that remained in the city, and those that fell away, that fell to him, with the rest of the people that remained.

10 But Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard left of the poor of the people, which had nothing, in the land of Judah, and gave them vineyards and fields at the same time.

11 Now Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon gave charge concerning Jeremiah to Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard, saying,

12 Take him, and look well to him, and do him no harm; but do unto him even as he shall say unto thee.

13 So Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard sent, and Nebushasban, Rabsaris, and Nergalsharezer, Rabmag, and all the king of Babylon's princes;

14 Even they sent, and took Jeremiah out of the court of the prison, and committed him unto Gedaliah the son of Ahikam the son of Shaphan, that he should carry him home: so he dwelt among the people.

15 Now the word of the Lord came unto Jeremiah, while he was shut up in the court of the prison, saying,

16 Go and speak to Ebedmelech the Ethiopian, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring my words upon this city for evil, and not for good; and they shall be accomplished in that day before thee.

17 But I will deliver thee in that day, saith the Lord: and thou shalt not be given into the hand of the men of whom thou art afraid.

18 For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the Lord.

Loading Video...