Religion… What do you think?

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@j-man717: Because there's zero evidence to prove he exists. You mean read, unless you're going to video record yourself? You can do as you please. But I can't promise I'll be interested nor care enough to read/listen. =)

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

We are God.

The reason we are the way we are is exactly the reason any of us chooses to challenge themselves.

Did you ever choose to do something uncomfortable or even painful because you knew it would turn out to be good for you?

That's what humanity and creation is doing right now. That's what God is doing.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

by the goddess... no one can for sure if god or a goddess or gods or goddesses or something genderless or a mixture of it all exist. believe u believe and live and let live. my take on it all

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton:

Ha :D

Yes Groot is The Tree of Life.

As the Gardians enter into him and indeed become him, they are saved from certain death.

Death of The Saviour and the presence of the tree is quite common in myth. (Or in "The Princess Bride") (or in "Planet Hulk")

And Groot said unto them "I am Groot" which when translated means "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing."

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

We are God.

The reason we are the way we are is exactly the reason any of us chooses to challenge themselves.

Did you ever choose to do something uncomfortable or even painful because you knew it would turn out to be good for you?

That's what humanity and creation is doing right now. That's what God is doing.

Not sure how any of what said here is a answer that makes sense.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu said:

@j-man717: Because there's zero evidence to prove he exists. You mean read, unless you're going to video record yourself? You can do as you please. But I can't promise I'll be interested nor care enough to read/listen. =)

Well send me your phone number, Ill call you

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@j-man717 said:
@jexsu said:

There is evidence and this poster was invited to educate himself, but he refused the offer; so, there's that; be prepared.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
@j-man717 said:
@jexsu said:

There is evidence and this poster was invited to educate himself, but he refused the offer; so, there's that; be prepared.

What? Nothing I said would mean that I refused the offer. What I said means i accepted it

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717: Haha. I don't allow stranger calls. Then again, I don't even allow my mother to call. =P

@j-man717 said:
@dshipp17 said:
@j-man717 said:
@jexsu said:

What? Nothing I said would mean that I refused the offer. What I said means i accepted it

He meant me, but I recommend ignoring him. I refuse to debate him because he can't stop from insulting me. For example: in the very post you're replying to (to him), he says "poster was invited to educate himself." He's rude, so I won't respond to him.

AnimeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im a Christian and I can attest to God being as real as you and me

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

That's what the disciples used to say to Jesus. My answer is the only answer to the problem of evil in the world and Im guessing you are going to ignore it.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24515  Edited By dshipp17

@j-man717 said:
@dshipp17 said:
@j-man717 said:
@jexsu said:

You couldn't actually figure out that I was referring to the other poster? And, now, you want to try explaining to him that there's evidence for God?

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717: And now he's badmouthing you. See what I mean?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

You often make mention of people's "lack". This is offensive to them. When you do this you set up a battle field rather than a conversation.

I remember you once made a big deal about how long I took to reply to you, and you were saying that I must lack intelligence because of how long I took.

Humble yourself. Love is patient and kind.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

That's what the disciples used to say to Jesus. My answer is the only answer to the problem of evil in the world and Im guessing you are going to ignore it.

Can you please explain what you meant then? I dont get it

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24519  Edited By dshipp17

@spareheadone said:

@dshipp17:

You often make mention of people's "lack". This is offensive to them. When you do this you set up a battle field rather than a conversation.

I remember you once made a big deal about how long I took to reply to you, and you were saying that I must lack intelligence because of how long I took.

Humble yourself. Love is patient and kind.

Would you refer me back to that post? I never made a big deal related to you about how long you took to respond to a post. Usually, you ask a question, I respond, you demonstrate that you were being rhetorical in some way, I then decide rather or not to keep going in that particular instance.

But, you can see what happened; this poster knew that I was talking about the other poster and he became hostile to make a scene, for some reason; kind of passive aggressive, trying to shift the situation/blame on me, when it was actually him. If I could sense genuine confusion and a real sense of hurt feelings, clearly, I would have taken another approach. I don't think you really fell for that either.

In relation to this topic of discussion, which they were discussing, actually, my last video clips had addressed that very topic of an inferred position that God exists. When I use "lack" or something related, you can clearly go to the exchanges and tell that it's the other poster who starts being belligerent, after I've intervened to address some type of a generalization or another about the existence of God and assertions of a lack of evidence, which they really mean a lack of knowledge; that's usually the source of any hostility.

I am humble; I don't think any of these exchanges demonstrate otherwise, as long as you've examined the exchanges properly and within the proper context; as I said at the very beginning, one of my very first posts in this thread, I'm here as God's advocate and I'm going to do that as adequately as possible, within my abilities, that is.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: I don't think Dshipp17's going to stop. It's laughable, really. He accuses J-man717 of being hostile toward him when in no way, shape or form, was J-man hostile...

this poster knew that I was talking about the other poster and he became hostile to make a scene, for some reason; kind of passive aggressive, trying to shift the situation/blame on me,

Then, Dshipp17 types this, referring to me...

When I use "lack" or something related, you can clearly go to the exchanges and tell that it's the other poster who starts being belligerent, after I've intervened to address so generalization or another about the existence of God and assertions of a lack of evidence which they really a lack of knowledge; that's usually the source of any hostility.

Here's Dshipp17's first response to my post...

So, you lead off by saying religion/gods is myth, but you don't care; do you know how dangerous that is, especially if you purport to care about science? Sounds like you're claiming that you deify science; but, science is limited. Honestly, you simply don't understand what you're saying; one illustration of your gross lack of knowledge is that you're trying to group all religions as the same, when there are vast differences; just take a look at some of the clips that I posted, the ones that seem to be describing something; I think you're likely to learn something new.

But, just going straight talking, it simply looks like you're argumentative and trying to stir and argument.

Here's my reply...

Uhm, what...? Your patronizing demeanor aside, yes, I started off by saying God/Gods are myth because... they are. There's literally zero proof/evidence of God (Yahweh) or other Gods (Zeus, Odin, Horus, Shango, etc.) exist outside of their myths. But, here's the thing... I don't care if there is or isn't proof; knowing whether God/Gods exist, wouldn't change how I live my life because I don't let religion rule it. It's also not "dangerous" to believe in science, not sure why you'd think that; I don't deify science in the same manner as you would deify Jesus or whomever -- science helps us understand the world around us, that's all -- it isn't a religion or belief system. I know exactly what I'm saying. Oh, I, as well, know the differences between religions, hence my whole "Religions of the World" list up above; your videos are irrelevant.

There's not "belligerent," "hostility," or "aggressiveness" to it. It was informative.

As you can probably tell from my other posts, I've taking a "joking back-seat" to this topic, and my other posts have been humorous, especially the "Religions of the World" list.

He continues with his whole "you're this" and "you're that" attacks...

you're obviously trying to be argumentative rather than getting informed about something that you're generalizing about for which your knowledge is limited;

This shows how clueless you are to someone who knows better;

actually proved nothing beyond a limited knowledge base

you just don't seem to have reached a level of sophistication to realize it yet

So, I went back to see what my first post said, since he's claiming in the same post with which I got the above sentences from, that I came into this thread with the following...

hoping that you would start to see the error of your ways in both generalizing and being unwilling to take a look at something that might show you how mistaken that you are; but, it's clear that you're both being argumentative and unwilling to learn or grow; hence, my original observation, you simply came to the thread to start an argument for some reason;

This is literally my first post; please let me know if you found anything alluding to me being "argumentative" and "unwilling to learn" and "starting an argument for some reason." V

Religion is fiction, but the mythologies are neat.

In factual reality, I think Dshipp17 has been here so long, that even with the tiniest, simplest sentences that goes against his beliefs, sets him off on this high-and-mighty mentality, where he subtle insults people and blames them for something he's doing himself.

Just thought I'd leave this here. =)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im a Christian and I can attest to God being as real as you and me

LOL... luckily in science we have standards a bit higher than people just proclaiming things to be true.

:-P

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

J-Man 717 said: """Anyone else wonder why God made us?"""

We are God. We are not Yehwah or Yeshua but we were Christ before creation. Ephesians 1: 4-6.

In the same way that Jesus humbled himself Philipians 2; 5-9 We (Christ) humbled our-self and became Creation. We are Christ in humble state Philippians 3:20-21God is experiencing humility through us.

J-Man 717 said: """Why did God make us the way that he did if he could have made us in a way so that there would be no suffering?"""

We chose the suffering. We were God, we chose to suffer.

In the same way that Jesus chose to suffer Philipians 2; 5-9 We (Christ) chose to become creation and suffer.

Why did we choose this?

Heb 2;10 """For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings."""

Heb 5;8 """Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered. 9And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him"""

Before creation we were not perfected, we had barely any good character, we were not tested, we were not challenged, we were not proved, Just as Jesus was perfected through suffering so we learn good character (including obedience) through suffering. Even though we were a Son we still chose to challenge ourself and improve our-self.

Here is a Blog I made which will fill in a few more gaps

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/spareheadone/blog/who-are-we/136070/

Here is another one that deals with this problem of evil.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/spareheadone/blog/?page=2

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu:

On page 359 at post 17945 we have the first thing that dshipp ever said to me.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone said:

@jexsu:

On page 359 at post 17945 we have the first thing that dshipp ever said to me.

Yeah. He wasn't really countering you, just telling you that you were wrong.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu:

Not just telling me I was wrong, also accused me of making things up. Otherwise known as calling me a liar.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: True, true. I hope he's able to back his claims, though, with solid evidence and not scriptures from the bible. That'd be weird.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24529  Edited By J-man717

@spareheadone said:

@j-man717:

J-Man 717 said: """Anyone else wonder why God made us?"""

We are God. We are not Yehwah or Yeshua but we were Christ before creation. Ephesians 1: 4-6.

In the same way that Jesus humbled himself Philipians 2; 5-9 We (Christ) humbled our-self and became Creation. We are Christ in humble state Philippians 3:20-21God is experiencing humility through us.

J-Man 717 said: """Why did God make us the way that he did if he could have made us in a way so that there would be no suffering?"""

We chose the suffering. We were God, we chose to suffer.

In the same way that Jesus chose to suffer Philipians 2; 5-9 We (Christ) chose to become creation and suffer.

Why did we choose this?

Heb 2;10 """For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through sufferings."""

Heb 5;8 """Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered. 9And having been made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey Him"""

Before creation we were not perfected, we had barely any good character, we were not tested, we were not challenged, we were not proved, Just as Jesus was perfected through suffering so we learn good character (including obedience) through suffering. Even though we were a Son we still chose to challenge ourself and improve our-self.

Here is a Blog I made which will fill in a few more gaps

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/spareheadone/blog/who-are-we/136070/

Here is another one that deals with this problem of evil.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/spareheadone/blog/?page=2

So we were all some higher beings who chose to become human beings and suffer, to improve ourselves? Makes no sense

Why would God split parts of himself into pieces (humans) and make them imperfect so that they desire to improve themselves?

What could God gain from doing that?

Because no matter how you look at it, the bottom line is that God created us, but there is no answer as why he created us if he didnt need us at all (as far as we know)

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God made us for? If God already knew about us before he made us, then how could creating us be something for him to gain?

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, how did God know us before he made us?

Did he know us before he made us what we are today? Or did he know us before we existed? The bible never specifies which

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since we were all a part of God, is that why he says he knew us?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu said:

@butterflykyss: @animesensei: @j-man717: @dshipp17: @willpayton: @spareheadone: Here's a cool website I check out often. You all might like it, too.

The god pantheons of old were much more interesting than what we have today. Back in the day with the Greek, Norse, and Hindu gods (I know, they're still a thing) you got a lot of interesting characters and oddball explanations for things happening. Once religion evolved into the mono-theistic drab and dreary gods we have today... it sucked all the fun out of that nonsense.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:

God made us for? If God already knew about us before he made us, then how could creating us be something for him to gain?

Hmm, this is making me think. If there really was a god like the Christian ones... who apparently knows everything that will ever happen, then that god pretty much has no free will of his own since he can only do what he's destined to do. He cant do or think anything other than what's already in his future. Sad. He's just there, doing the shit he has to do, with no mystery or anything unexpected or unknown. He's just like an automaton going like that for eternity. LOL...

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:

Hmm, this is making me think. If there really was a god like the Christian ones... who apparently knows everything that will ever happen, then that god pretty much has no free will of his own since he can only do what he's destined to do. He cant do or think anything other than what's already in his future. Sad. He's just there, doing the shit he has to do, with no mystery or anything unexpected or unknown. He's just like an automaton going like that for eternity. LOL...

Youre assuming the worst. Youre admitting to God being a being that is limited to not having anything to do by the logic of what I mentioned.

However, for all we know hes being controlled by a being higher than himself.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: @j-man717:

Since we are God we have created ourselves a framework for free will or at least the illusion there of

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:

Youre assuming the worst. Youre admitting to God being a being that is limited to not having anything to do by the logic of what I mentioned.

In that case, that super-God is the one true god, and he's just the automaton that I described.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:

In that case, that super-God is the one true god, and he's just the automaton that I described.

If God or Super-God exists, shouldn't they have enough power to show us he/she/it exists by poppin' his/her/its big-ass head into the sky and demand we all bow to worship him/her/it?

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:

Not necessarily. What if he isnt an automaton, and we human beings just dont have the ability to ever understand how?

Otherwise he must be an automaton like you said.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:

If God or Super-God exists, shouldn't they have enough power to show us he/she/it exists by poppin' his/her/its big-ass head into the sky and demand we all bow to worship him/her/it?

Yes, are you suggesting that they cant just because they havent done so? Thats like saying that something must not be true, just because it doesnt seem like it is.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:

Get out of here with your logic.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

"""So we were all some higher beings who chose to become human beings and suffer, to improve ourselves? Makes no sense"""

We were one being, Born from God and needing true good character. Jesus did it, why not the rest of us.

"""Why would God split parts of himself into pieces (humans) and make them imperfect so that they desire to improve themselves?"""

Probably to purge evil from himself

"""What could God gain from doing that?"""

Goodness that is tried and true

"""Because no matter how you look at it, the bottom line is that God created us, but there is no answer as why he created us if he didnt need us at all (as far as we know)"""

He is having children. We will become one child.

There will be more. There probably have been more.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

"""So we were all some higher beings who chose to become human beings and suffer, to improve ourselves? Makes no sense"""

We were one being, Born from God and needing true good character. Jesus did it, why not the rest of us.

"""Why would God split parts of himself into pieces (humans) and make them imperfect so that they desire to improve themselves?"""

Probably to purge evil from himself

"""What could God gain from doing that?"""

Goodness that is tried and true

"""Because no matter how you look at it, the bottom line is that God created us, but there is no answer as why he created us if he didnt need us at all (as far as we know)"""

He is having children. We will become one child.

There will be more. There probably have been more.

-Okay

-How? The bible says God is perfect, so how could he have any evil in him? Lol

-ok

-The bible states that in the beggining there was nothing. So what makes you say that there have been more children?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:

Not necessarily. What if he isnt an automaton, and we human beings just dont have the ability to ever understand how?

If that's the case, then all the more reason for us to base our beliefs on facts and science and not on blind faith, beliefs based on emotions, or weak philosophical arguments.

However, the best we can do is use logic. Any system of beliefs that starts off by saying that logic doesnt always apply is pretty much shooting itself in the foot right from the beginning. Such an argument relies purely on emotions for people to believe it, since you cant back up an argument with logic if you start off assuming that logic isnt always a valid thing.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

Bible says God knows evil intimately like a man knows his wife.

God does a lot of evil in the bible.

The bible says God created evil.

The bible does not say that there was nothing in the beginning. It says there was God and some waters

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:

If that's the case, then all the more reason for us to base our beliefs on facts and science and not on blind faith, beliefs based on emotions, or weak philosophical arguments.

However, the best we can do is use logic. Any system of beliefs that starts off by saying that logic doesnt always apply is pretty much shooting itself in the foot right from the beginning. Such an argument relies purely on emotions for people to believe it, since you cant back up an argument with logic if you start off assuming that logic isnt always a valid thing.

The irony lol.

You talk about logic but arent even using it here.

He created us, and obviously when you make something you give the thing your creating certain abilities. He gave us the inability to comprehend how he could possibly not be an automaton.

What you did here was you used your emotions to guide your thinking, and as a result you ignored the fact that when one creates something, they give the thing they create certain abilities and do so for a reason.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

The bible does not say that there was nothing in the beginning. It says there was God and some waters

God does evil actions? Give evidence of one thing God did that was not justice.

Lol. The very first sentence of the bible states that there was nothing. After that the bible explains what God started to create. So in the beggining only God was present. And then God made everything.

J-man717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So ignorant. Makes me sick

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:
@j-man717 said:
@willpayton said:

The irony lol.

You talk about logic but arent even using it here.

He created us, and obviously when you make something you give the thing your creating certain abilities. He gave us the inability to comprehend how he could possibly not be an automaton.

What you did here was you used your emotions to guide your thinking, and as a result you ignored the fact that when one creates something, they give the thing they create certain abilities and do so for a reason.

LOL... you seem to know a lot about God and what he did or didnt do and his motivations. Oh, wait, you're also claiming that God made us in such a way that we cant understand how god works. Go ahead and reconcile that for me.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j-man717:

Oh man, ain't that the truth. If I actually believed that stuff, I'd be super worried because that guy is a straight up monster.