User Lists: 0

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

2 Kings 16:1-9:

In the seventeenth year of Pekah the son of Remaliah Ahaz the son of Jotham king of Judah began to reign.

2 Twenty years old was Ahaz when he began to reign, and reigned sixteen years in Jerusalem, and did not that which was right in the sight of the Lord his God, like David his father.

3 But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, yea, and made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the heathen, whom the Lord cast out from before the children of Israel.

4 And he sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places, and on the hills, and under every green tree.

5 Then Rezin king of Syria and Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel came up to Jerusalem to war: and they besieged Ahaz, but could not overcome him.

6 At that time Rezin king of Syria recovered Elath to Syria, and drave the Jews from Elath: and the Syrians came to Elath, and dwelt there unto this day.

7 So Ahaz sent messengers to Tiglathpileser king of Assyria, saying, I am thy servant and thy son: come up, and save me out of the hand of the king of Syria, and out of the hand of the king of Israel, which rise up against me.

8 And Ahaz took the silver and gold that was found in the house of the Lord, and in the treasures of the king's house, and sent it for a present to the king of Assyria.

9 And the king of Assyria hearkened unto him: for the king of Assyria went up against Damascus, and took it, and carried the people of it captive to Kir, and slew Rezin.

Loading Video...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#23203  Edited By King_Saturn

I wonder, what is it that Lucifer saw that made him think he could be like GOD in Heaven ? What made him think he could sit higher than GOD without GOD dealing with him in Heaven ?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

I always thought it was interesting that the seraphim were above God on his throne. Kinda seemed to be a symbol that some could misinterpret.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Something made up by the humans.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic Song

Loading Video...

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, how I love Jesus, because He first loved me.

Loading Video...

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Kings 17:1-23; 18:1-8:

In the twelfth year of Ahaz king of Judah began Hoshea the son of Elah to reign in Samaria over Israel nine years.

2 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, but not as the kings of Israel that were before him.

3 Against him came up Shalmaneser king of Assyria; and Hoshea became his servant, and gave him presents.

4 And the king of Assyria found conspiracy in Hoshea: for he had sent messengers to So king of Egypt, and brought no present to the king of Assyria, as he had done year by year: therefore the king of Assyria shut him up, and bound him in prison.

5 Then the king of Assyria came up throughout all the land, and went up to Samaria, and besieged it three years.

6 In the ninth year of Hoshea the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.

7 For so it was, that the children of Israel had sinned against the Lord their God, which had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and had feared other gods,

8 And walked in the statutes of the heathen, whom the Lord cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made.

9 And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the Lord their God, and they built them high places in all their cities, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city.

10 And they set them up images and groves in every high hill, and under every green tree:

11 And there they burnt incense in all the high places, as did the heathen whom the Lord carried away before them; and wrought wicked things to provoke the Lord to anger:

12 For they served idols, whereof the Lord had said unto them, Ye shall not do this thing.

13 Yet the Lord testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets, and by all the seers, saying, Turn ye from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets.

14 Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the Lord their God.

15 And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity, and became vain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the Lord had charged them, that they should not do like them.

16 And they left all the commandments of the Lord their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.

17 And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

18 Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only.

19 Also Judah kept not the commandments of the Lord their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made.

20 And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.

21 For he rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king: and Jeroboam drave Israel from following the Lord, and made them sin a great sin.

22 For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them;

23 Until the Lord removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day.

Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of Elah king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.

2 Twenty and five years old was he when he began to reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Abi, the daughter of Zachariah.

3 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, according to all that David his father did.

4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

5 He trusted in the Lord God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him.

6 For he clave to the Lord, and departed not from following him, but kept his commandments, which the Lord commanded Moses.

7 And the Lord was with him; and he prospered whithersoever he went forth: and he rebelled against the king of Assyria, and served him not.

8 He smote the Philistines, even unto Gaza, and the borders thereof, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city.

Loading Video...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made up stories

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am curious about something... in Genesis 38 concerning the story of Onan. Did Onan's Sister In Law have any say in whether or not she would be married to Onan ? Cause the story says that Judah said to Onan to go to thy Brother's Wife and Marry Her and raise up Children. I mean that would be like Rape in a sense if such is True. Also, the story says that Onan waist his Seed when he went into Her knowing that the Child should not be His.

So is this the First Cumshot noted in the Bible ? Heh, that's Something. That would explain why GOD killed Onan after this Happened. GOD aint into that Kinky Stuff I guess.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God this thread never changes

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God this thread never changes

If you look in old theological books, the same arguments happening back then are happening now. (aside from scientific arguments)

It will never change.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Kings 19:14-34; :

And Hezekiah received the letter of the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up into the house of the Lord, and spread it before the Lord.

15 And Hezekiah prayed before the Lord, and said, O Lord God of Israel, which dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth; thou hast made heaven and earth.

16 Lord, bow down thine ear, and hear: open, Lord, thine eyes, and see: and hear the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent him to reproach the living God.

17 Of a truth, Lord, the kings of Assyria have destroyed the nations and their lands,

18 And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.

19 Now therefore, O Lord our God, I beseech thee, save thou us out of his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the Lord God, even thou only.

20 Then Isaiah the son of Amoz sent to Hezekiah, saying, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, That which thou hast prayed to me against Sennacherib king of Assyria I have heard.

21 This is the word that the Lord hath spoken concerning him; The virgin the daughter of Zion hath despised thee, and laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem hath shaken her head at thee.

22 Whom hast thou reproached and blasphemed? and against whom hast thou exalted thy voice, and lifted up thine eyes on high? even against the Holy One of Israel.

23 By thy messengers thou hast reproached the Lord, and hast said, With the multitude of my chariots I am come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon, and will cut down the tall cedar trees thereof, and the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the lodgings of his borders, and into the forest of his Carmel.

24 I have digged and drunk strange waters, and with the sole of my feet have I dried up all the rivers of besieged places.

25 Hast thou not heard long ago how I have done it, and of ancient times that I have formed it? now have I brought it to pass, that thou shouldest be to lay waste fenced cities into ruinous heaps.

26 Therefore their inhabitants were of small power, they were dismayed and confounded; they were as the grass of the field, and as the green herb, as the grass on the house tops, and as corn blasted before it be grown up.

27 But I know thy abode, and thy going out, and thy coming in, and thy rage against me.

28 Because thy rage against me and thy tumult is come up into mine ears, therefore I will put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.

29 And this shall be a sign unto thee, Ye shall eat this year such things as grow of themselves, and in the second year that which springeth of the same; and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruits thereof.

30 And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall yet again take root downward, and bear fruit upward.

31 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the Lord of hosts shall do this.

32 Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning the king of Assyria, He shall not come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shield, nor cast a bank against it.

33 By the way that he came, by the same shall he return, and shall not come into this city, saith the Lord.

34 For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.

2 Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, saying,

3 I beseech thee, O Lord, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

4 And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the Lord came to him, saying,

5 Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord.

6 And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

7 And Isaiah said, Take a lump of figs. And they took and laid it on the boil, and he recovered.

Loading Video...

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23215  Edited By SpareHeadOne

@yousufkhan1212:

Well my body is made of God and was God; the breath of life in me is God.

Doesn't that make me God?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Kings 21:1-18; 22:1-14:

Manasseh was twelve years old when he began to reign, and reigned fifty and five years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Hephzibah.

2 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, after the abominations of the heathen, whom the Lord cast out before the children of Israel.

3 For he built up again the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Baal, and made a grove, as did Ahab king of Israel; and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.

4 And he built altars in the house of the Lord, of which the Lord said, In Jerusalem will I put my name.

5 And he built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the Lord.

6 And he made his son pass through the fire, and observed times, and used enchantments, and dealt with familiar spirits and wizards: he wrought much wickedness in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.

7 And he set a graven image of the grove that he had made in the house, of which the Lord said to David, and to Solomon his son, In this house, and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all tribes of Israel, will I put my name for ever:

8 Neither will I make the feet of Israel move any more out of the land which I gave their fathers; only if they will observe to do according to all that I have commanded them, and according to all the law that my servant Moses commanded them.

9 But they hearkened not: and Manasseh seduced them to do more evil than did the nations whom the Lord destroyed before the children of Israel.

10 And the Lord spake by his servants the prophets, saying,

11 Because Manasseh king of Judah hath done these abominations, and hath done wickedly above all that the Amorites did, which were before him, and hath made Judah also to sin with his idols:

12 Therefore thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle.

13 And I will stretch over Jerusalem the line of Samaria, and the plummet of the house of Ahab: and I will wipe Jerusalem as a man wipeth a dish, wiping it, and turning it upside down.

14 And I will forsake the remnant of mine inheritance, and deliver them into the hand of their enemies; and they shall become a prey and a spoil to all their enemies;

15 Because they have done that which was evil in my sight, and have provoked me to anger, since the day their fathers came forth out of Egypt, even unto this day.

16 Moreover Manasseh shed innocent blood very much, till he had filled Jerusalem from one end to another; beside his sin wherewith he made Judah to sin, in doing that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.

17 Now the rest of the acts of Manasseh, and all that he did, and his sin that he sinned, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?

18 And Manasseh slept with his fathers, and was buried in the garden of his own house, in the garden of Uzza: and Amon his son reigned in his stead.

Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned thirty and one years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Jedidah, the daughter of Adaiah of Boscath.

2 And he did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, and walked in all the way of David his father, and turned not aside to the right hand or to the left.

3 And it came to pass in the eighteenth year of king Josiah, that the king sent Shaphan the son of Azaliah, the son of Meshullam, the scribe, to the house of the Lord, saying,

4 Go up to Hilkiah the high priest, that he may sum the silver which is brought into the house of the Lord, which the keepers of the door have gathered of the people:

5 And let them deliver it into the hand of the doers of the work, that have the oversight of the house of the Lord: and let them give it to the doers of the work which is in the house of the Lord, to repair the breaches of the house,

6 Unto carpenters, and builders, and masons, and to buy timber and hewn stone to repair the house.

7 Howbeit there was no reckoning made with them of the money that was delivered into their hand, because they dealt faithfully.

8 And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the Lord. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.

9 And Shaphan the scribe came to the king, and brought the king word again, and said, Thy servants have gathered the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of them that do the work, that have the oversight of the house of the Lord.

10 And Shaphan the scribe shewed the king, saying, Hilkiah the priest hath delivered me a book. And Shaphan read it before the king.

11 And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the book of the law, that he rent his clothes.

12 And the king commanded Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Achbor the son of Michaiah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asahiah a servant of the king's, saying,

13 Go ye, enquire of the Lord for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the Lord that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.

14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.

Loading Video...

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23217  Edited By dshipp17

2 Kings 23:29-37:

In his days Pharaohnechoh king of Egypt went up against the king of Assyria to the river Euphrates: and king Josiah went against him; and he slew him at Megiddo, when he had seen him.

30 And his servants carried him in a chariot dead from Megiddo, and brought him to Jerusalem, and buried him in his own sepulchre. And the people of the land took Jehoahaz the son of Josiah, and anointed him, and made him king in his father's stead.

31 Jehoahaz was twenty and three years old when he began to reign; and he reigned three months in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Hamutal, the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah.

32 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his fathers had done.

33 And Pharaohnechoh put him in bands at Riblah in the land of Hamath, that he might not reign in Jerusalem; and put the land to a tribute of an hundred talents of silver, and a talent of gold.

34 And Pharaohnechoh made Eliakim the son of Josiah king in the room of Josiah his father, and turned his name to Jehoiakim, and took Jehoahaz away: and he came to Egypt, and died there.

35 And Jehoiakim gave the silver and the gold to Pharaoh; but he taxed the land to give the money according to the commandment of Pharaoh: he exacted the silver and the gold of the people of the land, of every one according to his taxation, to give it unto Pharaohnechoh.

36 Jehoiakim was twenty and five years old when he began to reign; and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. And his mother's name was Zebudah, the daughter of Pedaiah of Rumah.

37 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his fathers had done.

The secret billionaire who gave it all away

One of the last mysteries of the Dead Sea scrolls has been decoded

Loading Video...

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is even going on in here? There doesn't seem to be a continuous discussion, just occasional thoughts and Bible verses.

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am curious about something... in Genesis 38 concerning the story of Onan. Did Onan's Sister In Law have any say in whether or not she would be married to Onan ? Cause the story says that Judah said to Onan to go to thy Brother's Wife and Marry Her and raise up Children. I mean that would be like Rape in a sense if such is True. Also, the story says that Onan waist his Seed when he went into Her knowing that the Child should not be His.

So is this the First Cumshot noted in the Bible ? Heh, that's Something. That would explain why GOD killed Onan after this Happened. GOD aint into that Kinky Stuff I guess.

He wasn't killed for blowing his wad outside its intended, er...mark. He was killed because he failed for perform "brother in law marriage". Onan was in the seed line of Judah, which is the messianic line, ultimately the line Jesus sprang from. "Brother in law marriage" later became a part of the Torah, old Jewish law. Basically, the promised seed was to come through Israel and more specifically, the Israelite tribe of Judah.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23220  Edited By SpareHeadOne

@blacklegraph:

Pantheism; discuss.

I am a pantheist of some description.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void-x said:
@king_saturn said:

He wasn't killed for blowing his wad outside its intended, er...mark. He was killed because he failed for perform "brother in law marriage". Onan was in the seed line of Judah, which is the messianic line, ultimately the line Jesus sprang from. "Brother in law marriage" later became a part of the Torah, old Jewish law. Basically, the promised seed was to come through Israel and more specifically, the Israelite tribe of Judah.

The Passage In Genesis 38 Literally Says He Wasted His Seed And The LORD Killed Him Because It Displeased Him. GOD Killed Him For Busting A Nut. He Did Not Even Give Onan Another Chance To Make A Baby With The Woman. So, Yeah I Am Still Right,

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

10 And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also.

This Is The Literal Verses From Genesis 38. Onan Shoots Cum This Action Displeased GOD And GOD Killed Him. GOD Gave Onan No Other Chance To Redeem Himself.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

Well my body is made of God and was God; the breath of life in me is God.

Doesn't that make me God?

Do you have any scripture that supports that?

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A made up guy in the sky telling me what to do lol

Yes im a Christan

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Kings 24:1-9; 25:22-30:

In his days Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came up, and Jehoiakim became his servant three years: then he turned and rebelled against him.

2 And the Lord sent against him bands of the Chaldees, and bands of the Syrians, and bands of the Moabites, and bands of the children of Ammon, and sent them against Judah to destroy it, according to the word of the Lord, which he spake by his servants the prophets.

3 Surely at the commandment of the Lord came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did;

4 And also for the innocent blood that he shed: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; which the Lord would not pardon.

5 Now the rest of the acts of Jehoiakim, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah?

6 So Jehoiakim slept with his fathers: and Jehoiachin his son reigned in his stead.

7 And the king of Egypt came not again any more out of his land: for the king of Babylon had taken from the river of Egypt unto the river Euphrates all that pertained to the king of Egypt.

8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem.

9 And he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his father had done.

And as for the people that remained in the land of Judah, whom Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon had left, even over them he made Gedaliah the son of Ahikam, the son of Shaphan, ruler.

23 And when all the captains of the armies, they and their men, heard that the king of Babylon had made Gedaliah governor, there came to Gedaliah to Mizpah, even Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, and Johanan the son of Careah, and Seraiah the son of Tanhumeth the Netophathite, and Jaazaniah the son of a Maachathite, they and their men.

24 And Gedaliah sware to them, and to their men, and said unto them, Fear not to be the servants of the Chaldees: dwell in the land, and serve the king of Babylon; and it shall be well with you.

25 But it came to pass in the seventh month, that Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, the son of Elishama, of the seed royal, came, and ten men with him, and smote Gedaliah, that he died, and the Jews and the Chaldees that were with him at Mizpah.

26 And all the people, both small and great, and the captains of the armies, arose, and came to Egypt: for they were afraid of the Chaldees.

27 And it came to pass in the seven and thirtieth year of the captivity of Jehoiachin king of Judah, in the twelfth month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month, that Evilmerodach king of Babylon in the year that he began to reign did lift up the head of Jehoiachin king of Judah out of prison;

28 And he spake kindly to him, and set his throne above the throne of the kings that were with him in Babylon;

29 And changed his prison garments: and he did eat bread continually before him all the days of his life.

30 And his allowance was a continual allowance given him of the king, a daily rate for every day, all the days of his life.

@dshipp17: are you trolling?

What would make you think that I'm trolling?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23226  Edited By SpareHeadOne

@yousufkhan1212:

My body is made of God and was God

We, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.783

Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ? Since there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread.784

For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.785

Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.786

Jesus said “But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 787

And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.794

Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Saviour of the body.795

Husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, because we are members of His body. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.796

Hold fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.797

783 Romans 12:5

784 1 Corinthians 10:16-17

785 1 Corinthians 12:12-14

786 1 Corinthians 12:27

787 Matthew 25:31-46

794 Ephesians 4:11-16

795 Ephesians 5:23

796 Ephesians 5:28-33

797 Colossians 2:19

The breath of life in me is God.

Job 34:14"If He should determine to do so, If He should gather to Himself His spirit and His breath, 15Allfleshwould perishtogether,And manwould returnto dust.

Ecclesiastes 12;6 Remember Him before the silver cord is broken and the golden bowl is crushed, the pitcher by the well is shattered and the wheel at the cistern is crushed; 7then the dustwill returnto the earthas it was, and the spiritwill returnto Godwhogaveit.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23227  Edited By alextheboss

@dshipp17: Because you and @spareheadone keep posting large bible quotes nobody is going to read. This thread is for talking about what you think of religion, not a place to copy and paste the bible.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

If someone asks me for quotes I will give them.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23230  Edited By alextheboss

@spareheadone: Oh someone asked for them? Nvm. I just saw the other guy posting bible quotes for the last couple days on here in response to nobody and I saw your large post and assumed you were doing the same. If someone asked you for them nvm.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss:

I never mind.

So what's your thoughts on it all atm?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People Who Be Like "I Am Waiting On The LORD"

Waiting On Him For What ? You Better Get Your Ass Up And Get A Job !

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: Well I personally don't believe in religion. Though if you are serious about being god thing I feel like other religious people would find that offensive, lol.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph:

Pantheism; discuss.

I am a pantheist of some description.

I've always found pantheism to be one of the sparser and emptier philosophies. It's kind of like the "spiritual but not religious" crowd to the extreme, but with little definable attributes to make it substantive. Hope that doesn't come off as too harsh.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph:

Not offended at all.

Would you say that the universe is created out of nothing?

Or

Out of God's power/word.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How Can The Black Woman Be GOD When She Is Only Responsible For Birthing The Human Race ? What About All The Other Variations Of Apes ? Variety Of Land Animals ? Creatures Of The Sea ? Plant Life ? The Earth Itself ?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

Who's The Black Woman?

Black Women In Africa. Those Women Who Was Here From The Start Of Humankind.

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Passage In Genesis 38 Literally Says He Wasted His Seed And The LORD Killed Him Because It Displeased Him. GOD Killed Him For Busting A Nut. He Did Not Even Give Onan Another Chance To Make A Baby With The Woman. So, Yeah I Am Still Right,

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

This Is The Literal Verses From Genesis 38. Onan Shoots Cum This Action Displeased GOD And GOD Killed Him. GOD Gave Onan No Other Chance To Redeem Himself.

I fail to see how my explanation doesn't square with the verse in question. You're interpretation is that he was killed for blowing his wad. Still does not rule out my explanation which is: Onan was killed for not continuing the seed line by having sexual relations with Tamar. That was the offense for which he died. And if you continue the passage, Judah ended up having relations with the young lady that was formerly his son's (ex) wife. Why? To continue the seed line mate. This was particularly important given that Jesus was born through the line of Judah. To be more clear, had Judah not had sexual relations with Tamar, Jesus never would have been born. If blowing your wad was a cardinal sin, then 97% of the men on earth ain't gonna make it mate.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23242  Edited By dshipp17

1 Chronicles 1:1-28:

Adam, Sheth, Enosh,

2 Kenan, Mahalaleel, Jered,

3 Henoch, Methuselah, Lamech,

4 Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

5 The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

6 And the sons of Gomer; Ashchenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.

7 And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.

8 The sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.

9 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raamah, and Sabtecha. And the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan.

10 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be mighty upon the earth.

11 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,

12 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (of whom came the Philistines,) and Caphthorim.

13 And Canaan begat Zidon his firstborn, and Heth,

14 The Jebusite also, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite,

15 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,

16 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.

17 The sons of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.

18 And Arphaxad begat Shelah, and Shelah begat Eber.

19 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg; because in his days the earth was divided: and his brother's name was Joktan.

20 And Joktan begat Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah,

21 Hadoram also, and Uzal, and Diklah,

22 And Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba,

23 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.

24 Shem, Arphaxad, Shelah,

25 Eber, Peleg, Reu,

26 Serug, Nahor, Terah,

27 Abram; the same is Abraham.

28 The sons of Abraham; Isaac, and Ishmael.

@alextheboss said:

@dshipp17: Because you and @spareheadone keep posting large bible quotes nobody is going to read. This thread is for talking about what you think of religion, not a place to copy and paste the bible.

Than, my suggestion would be to just let the power of God flow through this thread and be available to anyone who eventually may want to find and experience God's power, the love of Jesus, and the gift of eternal salvation and Heaven. This thread is also for making posts to help reduce people's ignorance about the Bible, God, and His Christianity, in the face of atheism and its misrepresentations.

Loading Video...

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23243  Edited By alextheboss

@dshipp17:

Than, my suggestion would be to just let the power of God flow through this thread and be available to anyone who eventually may want to find and experience God's power, the love of Jesus, and the gift of eternal salvation and Heaven. This thread is also for making posts to help reduce people's ignorance about the Bible, God, and His Christianity, in the face of atheism and its misrepresentations.

The problem here is you are spreading false beliefs that if anything are hindering the progress of science. Religion has some good things about it, like helping people get through tough times and telling people to spend time with family and to be good to others, ect. But the belief system itself is not based off of facts.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void-x said:
@king_saturn said:

I fail to see how my explanation doesn't square with the verse in question. You're interpretation is that he was killed for blowing his wad. Still does not rule out my explanation which is: Onan was killed for not continuing the seed line by having sexual relations with Tamar. That was the offense for which he died. And if you continue the passage, Judah ended up having relations with the young lady that was formerly his son's (ex) wife. Why? To continue the seed line mate. This was particularly important given that Jesus was born through the line of Judah. To be more clear, had Judah not had sexual relations with Tamar, Jesus never would have been born. If blowing your wad was a cardinal sin, then 97% of the men on earth ain't gonna make it mate.

It's Not That Your Explanation Is Not Square With The Event As A Whole. It's That It's Not The Direct Reason As To Why GOD Killed Onan. GOD Killed Onan Because He Wasted His Seed The Passage Clearly Says This In Genesis 38. The Fact That GOD Uses Judah To Continue The Seed Line After He Kills Onan Shows That GOD's Plan Did Not Directly Involve Onan As He Eventually Continues The Seed Line Through Judah Anyways. Meaning GOD Killed Onan For A Cumshot As He Knew Onan Would Bust A Nut And Not Bring Him Seed As Judah Eventually Would.

Your Last Line Squares It Even More, Had Judah Not Had Sexual Relations With Tamar, Yeshua Would Not Have Been Born. You Don't Think Yahweh Originally Intended For This To Be The Plan Beforehand ? As GOD Knows All Things ?

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph:

Not offended at all.

Would you say that the universe is created out of nothing?

Or

Out of God's power/word.

It seems like a case of "Both" to me. God's power created the universe out of nothing.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23246  Edited By BlackLegRaph

@king_saturn said:
@void-x said:
@king_saturn said:

It's Not That Your Explanation Is Not Square With The Event As A Whole. It's That It's Not The Direct Reason As To Why GOD Killed Onan. GOD Killed Onan Because He Wasted His Seed The Passage Clearly Says This In Genesis 38. The Fact That GOD Uses Judah To Continue The Seed Line After He Kills Onan Shows That GOD's Plan Did Not Directly Involve Onan As He Eventually Continues The Seed Line Through Judah Anyways. Meaning GOD Killed Onan For A Cumshot As He Knew Onan Would Bust A Nut And Not Bring Him Seed As Judah Eventually Would.

Your Last Line Squares It Even More, Had Judah Not Had Sexual Relations With Tamar, Yeshua Would Not Have Been Born. You Don't Think Yahweh Originally Intended For This To Be The Plan Beforehand ? As GOD Knows All Things ?

It seems you guys are just arguing over semantics. The verse makes it clear from context that Onan was killed because he did not want to do his duty to his brother.

Even if you speak of directness, the words literally follow one another in sequence: "...lest that he should give seed to his brother," is immediately followed by "And the thing which he did displeased the Lord."

So it's clearly not the act of wasting semen itself that was the problem, anymore than the problem with Esau and Jacob wasn't Esau eating a bowl of stew, but giving up his birthright to do so.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23247  Edited By King_Saturn

@blacklegraph said:
@king_saturn said:
@void-x said:
@king_saturn said:

It seems you guys are just arguing over semantics. The verse makes it clear from context that Onan was killed because he did not want to do his duty to his brother.

Even if you speak of directness, the words literally follow one another in sequence: "...lest that he should give seed to his brother," is immediately followed by "And the thing which he did displeased the Lord."

So it's clearly not the act of wasting semen itself that was the problem, anymore than the problem with Esau and Jacob wasn't Esau eating a bowl of stew, but giving up his birthright to do so.

Look At The Words That I Underlined. What Was The Thing That He ( Onan ) Did That Displeased The LORD ? Yes, It Was He Wasted His Seed. So GOD Killed Him For That. His Duty To His Brother Was Actually Optional In Context As Yahweh Used Judah To Continue The Line Anyways In Genesis. Meaning That GOD Never Truly Has Onan Continuing The Line In The First Place. So Yes, Onan Was Killed For A Cumshot Not Because Of His Duty.

Sure It Was, That's Why GOD Killed Onan. GOD Knew That His Line Would Continue Through Judah Not Onan So GOD Killed Onan For A Cumshot. Your Analogy Is Flawed As Esau Eating A Bowl Of Stew Did Not Directly Lead To GOD Killing Esau At That Moment. Yeah, He Lost His Birthright But In The Instance With Onan. GOD Knew That Onan Would Not Give Seed To His Brother's Wife Beforehand Hence, GOD Killed Him For Being A Belly Blaster.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklegraph:

I must restate the question to be clear.

What is the universe made of?

is the universe made of nothing?

Or

Made of God's power?

Lord_Overseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I swear only a couple of people are active here.