Religion… What do you think?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

1 Samuel 6:4-5; 7:9-17:

Then said they, What shall be the trespass offering which we shall return to him? They answered, Five golden emerods, and five golden mice, according to the number of the lords of the Philistines: for one plague was on you all, and on your lords.

5 Wherefore ye shall make images of your emerods, and images of your mice that mar the land; and ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods, and from off your land.

And Samuel took a sucking lamb, and offered it for a burnt offering wholly unto the Lord: and Samuel cried unto the Lord for Israel; and the Lord heard him.

10 And as Samuel was offering up the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to battle against Israel: but the Lord thundered with a great thunder on that day upon the Philistines, and discomfited them; and they were smitten before Israel.

11 And the men of Israel went out of Mizpeh, and pursued the Philistines, and smote them, until they came under Bethcar.

12 Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Ebenezer, saying, Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.

13 So the Philistines were subdued, and they came no more into the coast of Israel: and the hand of the Lord was against the Philistines all the days of Samuel.

14 And the cities which the Philistines had taken from Israel were restored to Israel, from Ekron even unto Gath; and the coasts thereof did Israel deliver out of the hands of the Philistines. And there was peace between Israel and the Amorites.

15 And Samuel judged Israel all the days of his life.

16 And he went from year to year in circuit to Bethel, and Gilgal, and Mizpeh, and judged Israel in all those places.

17 And his return was to Ramah; for there was his house; and there he judged Israel; and there he built an altar unto the Lord.

24 Things That Were Considered Scandalous 100 Years Ago But Are Totally Normal Now

Loading Video...

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Samuel 8:1-7; 10-17; 19-22:

When Samuel became old, he made his sons judges over Israel. 2 The name of his firstborn son was Joel, and the name of his second, Abijah; they were judges in Beersheba. 3 Yet his sons did not walk in his ways but turned aside after gain. They took bribes and perverted justice.

4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah 5 and said to him, “Behold, you are old and your sons do not walk in your ways. Now appoint for us a king to judge us like all the nations.” 6 But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, “Give us a king to judge us.” And Samuel prayed to the Lord. 7 And the Lord said to Samuel, “Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.

And Samuel told all the words of the Lord unto the people that asked of him a king.

11 And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots.

12 And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots.

13 And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.

14 And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants.

15 And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants.

16 And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work.

17 He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants.

Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us;

20 That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles.

21 And Samuel heard all the words of the people, and he rehearsed them in the ears of the Lord.

22 And the Lord said to Samuel, Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king. And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city.

Threats of Nuclear War With North Korea May Be Scary, but not Necessarily Dangerous

Florida sinkhole might force condemnation of more homes

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

World would be better off without it.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

Would you describe your conversion to us? I would love to hear about it.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

Thanks Bro

What do you think is the best evidence that links Allah with lucifer?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22309  Edited By dshipp17

1 Samuel 9:1-3; 5-10; 15-27:

Now there was a man of Benjamin, whose name was Kish, the son of Abiel, the son of Zeror, the son of Bechorath, the son of Aphiah, a Benjamite, a mighty man of power.

2 And he had a son, whose name was Saul, a choice young man, and a goodly: and there was not among the children of Israel a goodlier person than he: from his shoulders and upward he was higher than any of the people.

3 And the asses of Kish Saul's father were lost. And Kish said to Saul his son, Take now one of the servants with thee, and arise, go seek the asses.

And when they were come to the land of Zuph, Saul said to his servant that was with him, Come, and let us return; lest my father leave caring for the asses, and take thought for us.

6 And he said unto him, Behold now, there is in this city a man of God, and he is an honourable man; all that he saith cometh surely to pass: now let us go thither; peradventure he can shew us our way that we should go.

7 Then said Saul to his servant, But, behold, if we go, what shall we bring the man? for the bread is spent in our vessels, and there is not a present to bring to the man of God: what have we?

8 And the servant answered Saul again, and said, Behold, I have here at hand the fourth part of a shekel of silver: that will I give to the man of God, to tell us our way.

9 (Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)

10 Then said Saul to his servant, Well said; come, let us go. So they went unto the city where the man of God was.

Now the Lord had told Samuel in his ear a day before Saul came, saying,

16 To morrow about this time I will send thee a man out of the land of Benjamin, and thou shalt anoint him to be captain over my people Israel, that he may save my people out of the hand of the Philistines: for I have looked upon my people, because their cry is come unto me.

17 And when Samuel saw Saul, the Lord said unto him, Behold the man whom I spake to thee of! this same shall reign over my people.

18 Then Saul drew near to Samuel in the gate, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, where the seer's house is.

19 And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.

20 And as for thine asses that were lost three days ago, set not thy mind on them; for they are found. And on whom is all the desire of Israel? Is it not on thee, and on all thy father's house?

21 And Saul answered and said, Am not I a Benjamite, of the smallest of the tribes of Israel? and my family the least of all the families of the tribe of Benjamin? wherefore then speakest thou so to me?

22 And Samuel took Saul and his servant, and brought them into the parlour, and made them sit in the chiefest place among them that were bidden, which were about thirty persons.

23 And Samuel said unto the cook, Bring the portion which I gave thee, of which I said unto thee, Set it by thee.

24 And the cook took up the shoulder, and that which was upon it, and set it before Saul. And Samuel said, Behold that which is left! set it before thee, and eat: for unto this time hath it been kept for thee since I said, I have invited the people. So Saul did eat with Samuel that day.

25 And when they were come down from the high place into the city, Samuel communed with Saul upon the top of the house.

26 And they arose early: and it came to pass about the spring of the day, that Samuel called Saul to the top of the house, saying, Up, that I may send thee away. And Saul arose, and they went out both of them, he and Samuel, abroad.

27 And as they were going down to the end of the city, Samuel said to Saul, Bid the servant pass on before us, (and he passed on), but stand thou still a while, that I may shew thee the word of God.

Russian surveillance plane soars over the Pentagon, Capitol and other Washington sites

Watch bear open door and make itself at home

Whale swims alongside beach goers in California

Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

The first one is very interesting.

I also find it interesting that in the Islamic story of Adam and Eve.....Allah tells the angels to worship humans?

I'm guessing you became a Christian because the information you got about Islam was from Christian sources.

Have you been baptised by The Holy Spirit yet? Have you begun to have spiritual experiences as a result of The True Vine growing a branch in you? Have you read the gospel of John yet?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

I was just realising that the second symbol for Allah could be a serpent at the tree of knowledge. Then I thought I would look some stuff up. I saw that the word Allah means "curse" in ancient Hebrew. Interesting.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22312  Edited By mikesterman

@yousufkhan1212 everything you have said was very interesting. Also there is a connection between Islam and the anti-Christ. In revelation, there is a passage about the new Babylon. All the world drank of the adulterer's (babylon's) wine. And many believe the new Babylon is actually Saudi Arabia because of its oil reserves that the world is fighting over.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikesterman:

Speaking of endtimes. One of the things I like about Islam and the Koran is the acknowledgment of the second coming of the prophet Jesus.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

You don't have to go to church to be baptised by The Holy Spirit. But it seems that you do need someone who is filled with The Holy Spirit to pray for you to receive God's baptism.

Once you receive The Spirit you will very likely have spiritual experiences.

Read the gospel of John and then the book of Acts and you will understand what I am talking about.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t have a problem with faith. What I do have a problem is religious people. Like when a religious person tries convincing others that their beliefs are true. For example, schools that teach children about the book of genesis as a historical fact.

Also it bothers me when religious people say that everything that is not explained, yet, by science is a result of god’s work, that a very lazy way of trying to justify your beliefs.

Finally, what may be my biggest problem with religion is that hierocracy of believing in something completely unsubstantiated, but at the same time criticizing the validity of other beliefs.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22318 higherpower  Moderator
dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22320  Edited By dshipp17

1 Samuel 10:1-3; 9-16; 19-25:

Then Samuel took a vial of oil, and poured it upon his head, and kissed him, and said, Is it not because the Lord hath anointed thee to be captain over his inheritance?

2 When thou art departed from me to day, then thou shalt find two men by Rachel's sepulchre in the border of Benjamin at Zelzah; and they will say unto thee, The asses which thou wentest to seek are found: and, lo, thy father hath left the care of the asses, and sorroweth for you, saying, What shall I do for my son?

3 Then shalt thou go on forward from thence, and thou shalt come to the plain of Tabor, and there shall meet thee three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three kids, and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a bottle of wine:

And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day.

10 And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came upon him, and he prophesied among them.

11 And it came to pass, when all that knew him beforetime saw that, behold, he prophesied among the prophets, then the people said one to another, What is this that is come unto the son of Kish? Is Saul also among the prophets?

12 And one of the same place answered and said, But who is their father? Therefore it became a proverb, Is Saul also among the prophets?

13 And when he had made an end of prophesying, he came to the high place.

14 And Saul's uncle said unto him and to his servant, Whither went ye? And he said, To seek the asses: and when we saw that they were no where, we came to Samuel.

15 And Saul's uncle said, Tell me, I pray thee, what Samuel said unto you.

16 And Saul said unto his uncle, He told us plainly that the asses were found. But of the matter of the kingdom, whereof Samuel spake, he told him not.

And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the Lord by your tribes, and by your thousands.

20 And when Samuel had caused all the tribes of Israel to come near, the tribe of Benjamin was taken.

21 When he had caused the tribe of Benjamin to come near by their families, the family of Matri was taken, and Saul the son of Kish was taken: and when they sought him, he could not be found.

22 Therefore they enquired of the Lord further, if the man should yet come thither. And the Lord answered, Behold he hath hid himself among the stuff.

23 And they ran and fetched him thence: and when he stood among the people, he was higher than any of the people from his shoulders and upward.

24 And Samuel said to all the people, See ye him whom the Lord hath chosen, that there is none like him among all the people? And all the people shouted, and said, God save the king.

25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.

Salmonella Outbreak

Loading Video...

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22321  Edited By dshipp17

@stefano said:

I don’t have a problem with faith. What I do have a problem is religious people. Like when a religious person tries convincing others that their beliefs are true. For example, schools that teach children about the book of genesis as a historical fact.

Also it bothers me when religious people say that everything that is not explained, yet, by science is a result of god’s work, that a very lazy way of trying to justify your beliefs.

Finally, what may be my biggest problem with religion is that hierocracy of believing in something completely unsubstantiated, but at the same time criticizing the validity of other beliefs.

"I don’t have a problem with faith. What I do have a problem is religious people. Like when a religious person tries convincing others that their beliefs are true. For example, schools that teach children about the book of genesis as a historical fact."

What would be the point, if someone had questions, but you couldn't provide persuasive arguments supporting your, actions, beliefs, and positions? That's like the very hallmark behind justifying your decisions and actions in nearly every context of life (e.g. you have a large group of people engaged in an activity and people start wondering what's going on with those people). Schools can teach that the Book of Genesis is historical fact, since there's clearly enough evidence supporting it as fact to hold quite a number of teaching sessions; but, if there were complete lack of evidence, than you'd have a point, as there would be nothing to teach (e.g. a teacher could not say anything, if they were trying to teach that the Earth was on the back of a turtle, as nothing would bare that out, based on the science about satellites orbiting the Earth to give them access to cable tv). Similarly, science is about convincing people that you know things that others might find fascinating, so, if you couldn't try to convince people about a scientific principle, than what would be the point (of the various fields of science, engineering, and math)?

"Also it bothers me when religious people say that everything that is not explained, yet, by science is a result of god’s work, that a very lazy way of trying to justify your beliefs."

Honestly, you're showing just how little you know about how this process occurs, despite an abundance of information to be examined; and this statement isn't to be coarse or sarcastic; the information on the side of creation isn't a bunch of information that's always behind science and saying, "well, yeah, God must have done it, than"; creation actually teaches contradictory evidence and flaws in some of the conclusions reached by some scientists, even if those some scientists are most scientists; even though a scientific principle has a large consensus behind it, that doesn't mean that something is also a fully established fact of science (e.g. while an atomic nucleus is made up of protons and neutrons, evolution is quite debatable, even though it has a sizable consensus; or, even though the suggestion that the age of the Earth being 4.5 billion years has a sizable consensus, it is quite debatable with several forms of dating that says the Earth can't be anywhere near even 20,000 years old that are just as valid, scientifically, versus just this one form of dating).

"Finally, what may be my biggest problem with religion is that hierocracy of believing in something completely unsubstantiated, but at the same time criticizing the validity of other beliefs."

There's nothing that's completely unsubstantiated, assuming you're referencing Christianity, as you referenced the Book of Genesis, you just simply have a lot to learn about the evidence supporting Christianity and simply need to decide to go a avail yourself of that information; you might want to consider the suggestion to not draw conclusions about something, apparently fully relying on the opinions of people who you know or people who sound better and cooler to you; you should do your own independent investigation first. And it's really quite startling that you're making these comments right after posts that are virtually immediately preceding your post that are actually addressing some of these topics (e.g. just go back to page 446 of this thread, and, now that it's mentioned, my prior post).

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22322  Edited By dshipp17

1 Samuel 11:12-15; 1 Samuel 12:1-5:

And the people said unto Samuel, Who is he that said, Shall Saul reign over us? bring the men, that we may put them to death.

13 And Saul said, There shall not a man be put to death this day: for to day the Lord hath wrought salvation in Israel.

14 Then said Samuel to the people, Come, and let us go to Gilgal, and renew the kingdom there.

15 And all the people went to Gilgal; and there they made Saul king before the Lord in Gilgal; and there they sacrificed sacrifices of peace offerings before the Lord; and there Saul and all the men of Israel rejoiced greatly.

And Samuel said unto all Israel, Behold, I have hearkened unto your voice in all that ye said unto me, and have made a king over you.

2 And now, behold, the king walketh before you: and I am old and grayheaded; and, behold, my sons are with you: and I have walked before you from my childhood unto this day.

3 Behold, here I am: witness against me before the Lord, and before his anointed: whose ox have I taken? or whose ass have I taken? or whom have I defrauded? whom have I oppressed? or of whose hand have I received any bribe to blind mine eyes therewith? and I will restore it you.

4 And they said, Thou hast not defrauded us, nor oppressed us, neither hast thou taken ought of any man's hand.

5 And he said unto them, The Lord is witness against you, and his anointed is witness this day, that ye have not found ought in my hand. And they answered, He is witness.

Fleas in Arizona Test Positive for the Plague

Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

What is Zarathustra saying to us in 1 Samuel 11:12-15; 1 Samuel 12:1-5: ?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread again!

Meh, still an atheist that respects all religions.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

What is Zarathustra saying to us in 1 Samuel 11:12-15; 1 Samuel 12:1-5: ?

Zarathustra does not exist and so is not mentioned in these Scriptures; thus, I'm a bit perplexed by your question; can you provide some clarification and context behind the reasons for the phrasing of this question?

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

1 Samuel 12:16-25; 13:5-15:

Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the Lord will do before your eyes.

17 Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the Lord, and he shall send thunder and rain; that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of the Lord, in asking you a king.

18 So Samuel called unto the Lord; and the Lord sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared the Lord and Samuel.

19 And all the people said unto Samuel, Pray for thy servants unto the Lord thy God, that we die not: for we have added unto all our sins this evil, to ask us a king.

20 And Samuel said unto the people, Fear not: ye have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following the Lord, but serve the Lord with all your heart;

21 And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain.

22 For the Lord will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the Lord to make you his people.

23 Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:

24 Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

25 But if ye shall still do wickedly, ye shall be consumed, both ye and your king.

And the Philistines gathered themselves together to fight with Israel, thirty thousand chariots, and six thousand horsemen, and people as the sand which is on the sea shore in multitude: and they came up, and pitched in Michmash, eastward from Bethaven.

6 When the men of Israel saw that they were in a strait, (for the people were distressed,) then the people did hide themselves in caves, and in thickets, and in rocks, and in high places, and in pits.

7 And some of the Hebrews went over Jordan to the land of Gad and Gilead. As for Saul, he was yet in Gilgal, and all the people followed him trembling.

8 And he tarried seven days, according to the set time that Samuel had appointed: but Samuel came not to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him.

9 And Saul said, Bring hither a burnt offering to me, and peace offerings. And he offered the burnt offering.

10 And it came to pass, that as soon as he had made an end of offering the burnt offering, behold, Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might salute him.

11 And Samuel said, What hast thou done? And Saul said, Because I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that thou camest not within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered themselves together at Michmash;

12 Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, and I have not made supplication unto the Lord: I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering.

13 And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the Lord thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the Lord have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.

14 But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the Lord hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the Lord hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the Lord commanded thee.

15 And Samuel arose, and gat him up from Gilgal unto Gibeah of Benjamin. And Saul numbered the people that were present with him, about six hundred men.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22327  Edited By SpareHeadOne

@dshipp17:

Zarathustra exists and will come in the form of Saoshyant, or Astvat-ereta, the future saviour of the world. He will come forth from the sacred Lake and will carry the weapon of heroes “Verethragna” (smiting of resistance) (slayer of the blocker). Saoshyant will triumph in the final battle of the end of the age, and he will resurrect the dead, whose bodies will be restored to eternal perfection, and whose souls will be cleansed and reunited with God. Time will then end, and truth/ righteousness and immortality will thereafter be everlasting.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Samuel 14:6-15:

And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the Lord will work for us: for there is no restraint to the Lord to save by many or by few.

7 And his armourbearer said unto him, Do all that is in thine heart: turn thee; behold, I am with thee according to thy heart.

8 Then said Jonathan, Behold, we will pass over unto these men, and we will discover ourselves unto them.

9 If they say thus unto us, Tarry until we come to you; then we will stand still in our place, and will not go up unto them.

10 But if they say thus, Come up unto us; then we will go up: for the Lord hath delivered them into our hand: and this shall be a sign unto us.

11 And both of them discovered themselves unto the garrison of the Philistines: and the Philistines said, Behold, the Hebrews come forth out of the holes where they had hid themselves.

12 And the men of the garrison answered Jonathan and his armourbearer, and said, Come up to us, and we will shew you a thing. And Jonathan said unto his armourbearer, Come up after me: for the Lord hath delivered them into the hand of Israel.

13 And Jonathan climbed up upon his hands and upon his feet, and his armourbearer after him: and they fell before Jonathan; and his armourbearer slew after him.

14 And that first slaughter, which Jonathan and his armourbearer made, was about twenty men, within as it were an half acre of land, which a yoke of oxen might plow.

15 And there was trembling in the host, in the field, and among all the people: the garrison, and the spoilers, they also trembled, and the earth quaked: so it was a very great trembling.

KKK denied permit to burn cross atop symbolic mountain in Georgia

A prayer for Rick Flair: WWE Legend Ric Flair Experiencing 'Multiple Organ Problems' & Remains in Critical Condition: Report ;

Matthew 6:9-13: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

John 11:21-27:

Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22329  Edited By SpareHeadOne

@dshipp17:

What is Vishnu saying to us in 1 Samuel 14:6-15: and John 11:21-27:?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22330  Edited By dshipp17

1 Samuel 14:33-35; 43-45; 47-52:

Then they told Saul, saying, Behold, the people sin against the Lord, in that they eat with the blood. And he said, Ye have transgressed: roll a great stone unto me this day.

34 And Saul said, Disperse yourselves among the people, and say unto them, Bring me hither every man his ox, and every man his sheep, and slay them here, and eat; and sin not against the Lord in eating with the blood. And all the people brought every man his ox with him that night, and slew them there.

35 And Saul built an altar unto the Lord: the same was the first altar that he built unto the Lord.

Then Saul said to Jonathan, Tell me what thou hast done. And Jonathan told him, and said, I did but taste a little honey with the end of the rod that was in mine hand, and, lo, I must die.

44 And Saul answered, God do so and more also: for thou shalt surely die, Jonathan.

45 And the people said unto Saul, Shall Jonathan die, who hath wrought this great salvation in Israel? God forbid: as the Lord liveth, there shall not one hair of his head fall to the ground; for he hath wrought with God this day. So the people rescued Jonathan, that he died not.

So Saul took the kingdom over Israel, and fought against all his enemies on every side, against Moab, and against the children of Ammon, and against Edom, and against the kings of Zobah, and against the Philistines: and whithersoever he turned himself, he vexed them.

48 And he gathered an host, and smote the Amalekites, and delivered Israel out of the hands of them that spoiled them.

49 Now the sons of Saul were Jonathan, and Ishui, and Melchishua: and the names of his two daughters were these; the name of the firstborn Merab, and the name of the younger Michal:

50 And the name of Saul's wife was Ahinoam, the daughter of Ahimaaz: and the name of the captain of his host was Abner, the son of Ner, Saul's uncle.

51 And Kish was the father of Saul; and Ner the father of Abner was the son of Abiel.

52 And there was sore war against the Philistines all the days of Saul: and when Saul saw any strong man, or any valiant man, he took him unto him.

Hero pit bulls save kids from venomous copperhead snake

New York Nissan Dealership Forced to Pay Customers Nearly $300,000 in Restitution

Van plows through crowd in Barcelona, killing 13

Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

Vishnu exists. At the end of the age when even among civilized gentlemen and so-called saints there is no mention of the Lord, and when the power of government is transferred to the hands of ministers elected from the evil men, when the twice-born [the higher classes] and the government consisting of members of the laborer class itself never under any circumstances take to His hymns, paraphernalia, altars and words, then, at the end of the Age of Dissent, the Supreme Lord [Kalki], the chastiser will appear. 947

The spiritual master of all the moving and nonmoving beings, Lord Vishnu, the Controller of All, will for the protection of the religion and the saintly put an end to the fruitive activities and the [repeatedly] being born. In the village of S’ambhala Lord Kalki will appear in the home of the great soul, the brahmin Vishnuyas’â [‘the glory of Vishnu’]. Mounting His swift horse Devadatta, the Lord of the Universe endowed with His sword, transcendental qualities and the eight mystic opulences [siddhis], will subdue the ones who turned away from the holy. On His horse moving with speed about the earth He, unrivaled in His splendor, will slaughter the thieves disguised in the garb of kings. When all the robbers have been killed, the minds of all the citizens and the people living in the countryside will clear up being touched by the breeze which carries the most sacred fragrance of the [with sandalwood paste] decorated body of Lord Vâsudeva. When Vâsudeva, the Supreme Lord, is situated in their hearts in His transcendental form of goodness, the culture of their progeny will flourish as never before. When the Supreme Lord Kalki, the Lord and Master of Dharma, incarnates, Satya-yuga and the creation of progeny in the mode of goodness will begin. 948

947 Bhagavata Purana, 2.7.38

948 Bhagavata Purana, 12.2.17-24

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22332  Edited By dshipp17

1 Samuel 15:1-11:

Samuel also said unto Saul, The Lord sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the Lord.

2 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.

3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

4 And Saul gathered the people together, and numbered them in Telaim, two hundred thousand footmen, and ten thousand men of Judah.

5 And Saul came to a city of Amalek, and laid wait in the valley.

6 And Saul said unto the Kenites, Go, depart, get you down from among the Amalekites, lest I destroy you with them: for ye shewed kindness to all the children of Israel, when they came up out of Egypt. So the Kenites departed from among the Amalekites.

7 And Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah until thou comest to Shur, that is over against Egypt.

8 And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

9 But Saul and the people spared Agag, and the best of the sheep, and of the oxen, and of the fatlings, and the lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them: but every thing that was vile and refuse, that they destroyed utterly.

10 Then came the word of the Lord unto Samuel, saying,

11 It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the Lord all night.

There is some good news on Ric Flair

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

chechenwolf876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WASTE OF Time..

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22334  Edited By dshipp17

1 Samuel 15:13-35:

And Samuel came to Saul: and Saul said unto him, Blessed be thou of the Lord: I have performed the commandment of the Lord.

14 And Samuel said, What meaneth then this bleating of the sheep in mine ears, and the lowing of the oxen which I hear?

15 And Saul said, They have brought them from the Amalekites: for the people spared the best of the sheep and of the oxen, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God; and the rest we have utterly destroyed.

16 Then Samuel said unto Saul, Stay, and I will tell thee what the Lord hath said to me this night. And he said unto him, Say on.

17 And Samuel said, When thou wast little in thine own sight, wast thou not made the head of the tribes of Israel, and the Lord anointed thee king over Israel?

18 And the Lord sent thee on a journey, and said, Go and utterly destroy the sinners the Amalekites, and fight against them until they be consumed.

19 Wherefore then didst thou not obey the voice of the Lord, but didst fly upon the spoil, and didst evil in the sight of the Lord?

20 And Saul said unto Samuel, Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the Lord, and have gone the way which the Lord sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites.

21 But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in Gilgal.

22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

24 And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice.

25 Now therefore, I pray thee, pardon my sin, and turn again with me, that I may worship the Lord.

26 And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee: for thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, and the Lord hath rejected thee from being king over Israel.

27 And as Samuel turned about to go away, he laid hold upon the skirt of his mantle, and it rent.

28 And Samuel said unto him, The Lord hath rent the kingdom of Israel from thee this day, and hath given it to a neighbour of thine, that is better than thou.

29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.

30 Then he said, I have sinned: yet honour me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel, and turn again with me, that I may worship the Lord thy God.

31 So Samuel turned again after Saul; and Saul worshipped the Lord.

32 Then said Samuel, Bring ye hither to me Agag the king of the Amalekites. And Agag came unto him delicately. And Agag said, Surely the bitterness of death is past.

33 And Samuel said, As thy sword hath made women childless, so shall thy mother be childless among women. And Samuel hewed Agag in pieces before the Lord in Gilgal.

34 Then Samuel went to Ramah; and Saul went up to his house to Gibeah of Saul.

35 And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

Ric Flair health update: Former pro wrestler is 'awake, communicating and progressing'

Quake in Italian holiday island

@spareheadone said:

@dshipp17:

Vishnu exists. At the end of the age when even among civilized gentlemen and so-called saints there is no mention of the Lord, and when the power of government is transferred to the hands of ministers elected from the evil men, when the twice-born [the higher classes] and the government consisting of members of the laborer class itself never under any circumstances take to His hymns, paraphernalia, altars and words, then, at the end of the Age of Dissent, the Supreme Lord [Kalki], the chastiser will appear. 947

The spiritual master of all the moving and nonmoving beings, Lord Vishnu, the Controller of All, will for the protection of the religion and the saintly put an end to the fruitive activities and the [repeatedly] being born. In the village of S’ambhala Lord Kalki will appear in the home of the great soul, the brahmin Vishnuyas’â [‘the glory of Vishnu’]. Mounting His swift horse Devadatta, the Lord of the Universe endowed with His sword, transcendental qualities and the eight mystic opulences [siddhis], will subdue the ones who turned away from the holy. On His horse moving with speed about the earth He, unrivaled in His splendor, will slaughter the thieves disguised in the garb of kings. When all the robbers have been killed, the minds of all the citizens and the people living in the countryside will clear up being touched by the breeze which carries the most sacred fragrance of the [with sandalwood paste] decorated body of Lord Vâsudeva. When Vâsudeva, the Supreme Lord, is situated in their hearts in His transcendental form of goodness, the culture of their progeny will flourish as never before. When the Supreme Lord Kalki, the Lord and Master of Dharma, incarnates, Satya-yuga and the creation of progeny in the mode of goodness will begin. 948

947 Bhagavata Purana, 2.7.38

948 Bhagavata Purana, 12.2.17-24

Once again, they don't exist and you seem to be embezzling from the Book of Revelation with this response. Why do you set out to embezzle from the Bible? Have you ventured away from Christianity?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

I didn't embezzle anything the quotes I used were from the Bhagavata Purana which was written in around the 8th century CE. Which is even after Islam began.

I am being cheeky. I am a cheeky gnostic Christian.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

I didn't embezzle anything the quotes I used were from the Bhagavata Purana which was written in around the 8th century CE. Which is even after Islam began.

I am being cheeky. I am a cheeky gnostic Christian.

Well, they came from the Book of Revelation, with non-existent characters inserted into Biblical Scripture; that's that part that I meant.

1 Samuel 16:1-8; 11-15:

And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

2 And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord.

3 And call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou shalt do: and thou shalt anoint unto me him whom I name unto thee.

4 And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, Comest thou peaceably?

5 And he said, Peaceably: I am come to sacrifice unto the Lord: sanctify yourselves, and come with me to the sacrifice. And he sanctified Jesse and his sons, and called them to the sacrifice.

6 And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the Lord's anointed is before him.

7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

8 Then Jesse called Abinadab, and made him pass before Samuel. And he said, Neither hath the Lord chosen this.

And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.

12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the Lord said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

14 But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.

15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.

Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

I guess you are focussed on the thought that demons are counterfeiting Christianity.

I focus on the thought that these similarities are revealing central human spiritual/religious needs.

Joseph Campbell used to say that the mystery is not in how these stories came to be so similar but in why people accept and cling to such similar stories.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

I guess you are focussed on the thought that demons are counterfeiting Christianity.

I focus on the thought that these similarities are revealing central human spiritual/religious needs.

Joseph Campbell used to say that the mystery is not in how these stories came to be so similar but in why people accept and cling to such similar stories.

Well, because the Bible is inspired by God and the embezzlement that you cited came nearly 1000 years after Biblical inspiration had stopped with the Book of Revelation. The Bible is a guide for living life, among other things, not the telling of stories, so, that's why people follow the Bible; an embezzlement is not a legitimate claim for similarity.

1 Samuel 17:3-10; 17-24:

And the Philistines stood on a mountain on the one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side: and there was a valley between them.

4 And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.

5 And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.

6 And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.

7 And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.

8 And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me.

9 If he be able to fight with me, and to kill me, then will we be your servants: but if I prevail against him, and kill him, then shall ye be our servants, and serve us.

10 And the Philistine said, I defy the armies of Israel this day; give me a man, that we may fight together.

And Jesse said unto David his son, Take now for thy brethren an ephah of this parched corn, and these ten loaves, and run to the camp of thy brethren;

18 And carry these ten cheeses unto the captain of their thousand, and look how thy brethren fare, and take their pledge.

19 Now Saul, and they, and all the men of Israel, were in the valley of Elah, fighting with the Philistines.

20 And David rose up early in the morning, and left the sheep with a keeper, and took, and went, as Jesse had commanded him; and he came to the trench, as the host was going forth to the fight, and shouted for the battle.

21 For Israel and the Philistines had put the battle in array, army against army.

22 And David left his carriage in the hand of the keeper of the carriage, and ran into the army, and came and saluted his brethren.

23 And as he talked with them, behold, there came up the champion, the Philistine of Gath, Goliath by name, out of the armies of the Philistines, and spake according to the same words: and David heard them.

24 And all the men of Israel, when they saw the man, fled from him, and were sore afraid.

North Koreans tortured and killed over religious beliefs, new State Department report says

Loading Video...

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212:

Demonology

Humans have a two part soul.

St Paul calls the two parts Psyche and Nous. They are interwoven while the human is alive but when the human dies the Psyche (or ghost, astral body) goes to sleep in the underworld. The psyche is part of the underworld even while the human is alive. So we are literally walking around with "hell" inside us.

Demons are part of the underworld also.

It is through the human psyche that demons possess humans, as both are part of the same realm.

Psyche is responsible for empowering physical impulses in the body. Demons prey on the physical weaknesses (sex, violence, drugs/alcoholism etc) associated with these impulses, to begin to get a foothold in a humans life.

Interesting stuff

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22341  Edited By dshipp17

1 Samuel 17:32-52:

And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine.

33 And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.

34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:

35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.

36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

37 David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee.

38 And Saul armed David with his armour, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.

39 And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.

40 And he took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook, and put them in a shepherd's bag which he had, even in a scrip; and his sling was in his hand: and he drew near to the Philistine.

41 And the Philistine came on and drew near unto David; and the man that bare the shield went before him.

42 And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.

43 And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.

44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.

45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

46 This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

47 And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.

48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.

49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

52 And the men of Israel and of Judah arose, and shouted, and pursued the Philistines, until thou come to the valley, and to the gates of Ekron. And the wounded of the Philistines fell down by the way to Shaaraim, even unto Gath, and unto Ekron.

Ric Flair to Begin Physical Therapy, Will Be 'Stronger Than Ever,' Says Fiancee

@yousufkhan1212 said:

@dshipp17: Are you interested in discussing Demonology with me in a PM?

Why are you interested in demons? Sure, you can PM me and we can clear things up here, except that's the enemy camp for me, in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22345  Edited By dshipp17

@yousufkhan1212 said:

@dshipp17: I'm fascinated in learning about the activity and behaviour of Demonic entities in Demonic hauntings, attachments and possession. I learn about it through the use of research because I want to become knowledgeable on how to combat a Demon.

Ok. The first, best, and prime weapon is a strong faith in prayer through the name of Jesus. Through God, all things are possible, and note the example of Ric Flair that started with his friends and family calling out for prayer in faith, me responding 12 days ago, and Flair's recovery. I wanted to demonstrate a modern day Lazarus. This is the type of faith in the name of Jesus that you should have, and assistance from others can sometimes also help, as in the videos that I posted 12 days ago for Flair's recovery.

Ric Flair to Begin Physical Therapy, Will Be 'Stronger Than Ever,' Says Fiancee

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22346  Edited By SpareHeadOne

@yousufkhan1212: @dshipp17:

Demons posses through the anal region which is the base of the psyche where it joins to the underworld .

This is why you get a lot of alien abductees complaining about rectal probing.

Satanists are also big on sodomy for spiritual reasons, these reasons amount to assisting demons to posses people.

To combat demons you need to be close to Jesus, you need to be baptised in The Holy Spirit at which time God will empower your spiritual gift of discerning spirits. You need to focus on God and fast regularly with your number one desire being to get to know Jesus.

It's all about closeness to God.

It's not about knowledge of demons.

Emperordmb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My thoughts are religious people have their own breed of positively religiously inspired people (such as my family and a Christian group I'm in on campus that are loving and humble as a result of their values) and their own breed of regressives (such as those who want gay marriage or gay sex illegal or who take an anti-science approach), just as atheists have their own breed of positively secularly inspired people (such as people like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris who argue against harmful dogma and advance scientific pursuit in their fields) and their own breed of regressives (the nihilists, post-modernists, moral relativists who can justify any terrible action to themselves, etc.).

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:

Is this what went on at Sodom?

1 Samuel 9:3

3 And the ASSES of Kish Saul's father were lost. And Kish said to Saul his son, Take now one of the servants with thee, and ARISE, go seek the ASSES.

And when they were COME to the land of Zuph, Saul said to his servant that was with him, COME, and let us return; lest my father leave caring for the ASSES

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22349  Edited By dshipp17

@spareheadone said:

@dshipp17:

Is this what went on at Sodom?

1 Samuel 9:3

3 And the ASSES of Kish Saul's father were lost. And Kish said to Saul his son, Take now one of the servants with thee, and ARISE, go seek the ASSES.

And when they were COME to the land of Zuph, Saul said to his servant that was with him, COME, and let us return; lest my father leave caring for the ASSES

That's the more ancient term for something like a donkey or a beast of burden, not the actions that yields the thought of sodomy.

@emperordmb said:

My thoughts are religious people have their own breed of positively religiously inspired people (such as my family and a Christian group I'm in on campus that are loving and humble as a result of their values) and their own breed of regressives (such as those who want gay marriage or gay sex illegal or who take an anti-science approach), just as atheists have their own breed of positively secularly inspired people (such as people like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris who argue against harmful dogma and advance scientific pursuit in their fields) and their own breed of regressives (the nihilists, post-modernists, moral relativists who can justify any terrible action to themselves, etc.).

"just as atheists have their own breed of positively secularly inspired people (such as people like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris who argue against harmful dogma and advance scientific pursuit in their fields)"

The things they say and propose is not positive, it would more be along the lines of government severely hindering the free exercise of religion (e.g. I believe that Dawkins said something along the lines of it being child abuse to raise your children to be Christian, or, that if you take Christianity seriously, than you should be outlawed from practicing science; there's no way, shape, or form that those proposals could stand as examples of positivity for the cause of an atheistic perspective of real reality). You can risk indoctrinating yourself, if you seriously listen to them about the meaning of religious dogma, which would be considered a stretch by miles in the more mainstream circles concerning this topic.