No Caption Provided

Wouldn't you agree?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Dude, I didn't want to come off like a Nazi or whatever, but yes! So right!

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@depinhom: Nothing he said is necessarily nazi. He's basically telling you to be proud of your nation and don't let other cultures disrespect it.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull for President!!! Now I see why Cap was always a Hydra agent, with leaders like this who wouldn't follow them.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When comic writers go so far left their villains start making sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

When did off topic become the Captain america board ?

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@removekebab: Cept I don't know

the general discussion, the red skull board, the cap board.

magnus18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@removekebab: Actually he is encouraging you to kill people who disrespect your country or traditions. That's not exclusively a Nazi policy but it's definitely a radical nationalist policy.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Yep. Looks to me like a case of "The mouthpiece is how we'll discredit the argument." I mean if it's the Red Skull saying it, it has to be terrible, right?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people act like villains don't know what they're talking about?

The only problem that heroes have with villains is their mentality and how they go about doing things.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnus18 said:

@removekebab: Actually he is encouraging you to kill people who disrespect your country or traditions. That's not exclusively a Nazi policy but it's definitely a radical nationalist policy.

>what is deporting

>what is catechism

Also, stop letting foreigners into you country so much.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull for president!

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull dindu nuffin wrong.

@dernman said:

Yeah, its pretty bad. I recently seen a preview for an upcoming Avengers books where a future Captain America is a black woman (of course) who reprimands Hercules for being misogynistic and asks him what his father, Zeus, who think of him and Hercules apologizes. This is in spite of the fact that Zeus is a famous philanderer and quasi rapist.....it reads like SJW feminist fan-fiction.

No Caption Provided

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a page, not a panel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a certain presidential candidate who basically says this word for word. Yet here is Red Skull, a character famously known as a Nazi repeating it. Surely no one will associate the two and use it as a way to discredit people's opinions....

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm the problem is the mouthpiece, too bad comics are becoming more and more like propaganda. They have been to an extent in the past of course but I'm noticing it more and more frequently addressing current culture movements and issues etc.

Too bad.

@cattlebattleHaven't seen you around for a long time. Also what comic is that from?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what happens when you let writers push their political beliefs into mainstream comics.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that hit close to home.

10/10 would assist Hydra in Sweden.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'm officially afraid now.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what happens when you let writers push their political beliefs into mainstream comics.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@bruxae: just back out slowly.

Their vision Is based on movement.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saying, if you want people to join your cause, you have to appeal to them casually first, before they can be made hardcore believers.

Depending on whether or not the person writing this or not is the person I think it is, I may or may not be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for later comics to come out and say Schmidt was beginning their conversion process into full-blown fascism, as opposed to this just being his new ideology, and that this by itself is purely evil.

Either way, it's a slippery slope.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saying, if you want people to join your cause, you have to appeal to them casually first, before they can be made hardcore believers.

Depending on whether or not the person writing this or not is the person I think it is, I may or may not be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for later comics to come out and say Schmidt was beginning their conversion process into full-blown fascism, as opposed to this just being his new ideology, and that this by itself is purely evil.

The writer is a well known left winger and basically modelled Hydra off Trump, with the whole anti-political correctness, anti-mass immigration, and turned them into more of a white supremacist neo-nazi group than before.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prossor_kobras said:

The writer is a well known left winger and basically modelled Hydra off Trump, with the whole anti-political correctness, anti-mass immigration, and turned them into more of a white supremacist neo-nazi group than before.

Doesn't seem fair to cartoonishly vilify a group of people, when you're not even dredging up some of Trump's worst supporters.

There are people who are seeing massive changes to their status quos and being concerned about it, and then there are the actual jerks. Why not vilify the actual jerks?

(To be clear, I haven't read anything to do with Cap since the big spoiler, and I don't plan on paying for anything Marvel until I find they've given me a satisfactory resolution to that.)

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Yeah, its pretty bad. I recently seen a preview for an upcoming Avengers books where a future Captain America is a black woman (of course) who reprimands Hercules for being misogynistic and asks him what his father, Zeus, who think of him and Hercules apologizes. This is in spite of the fact that Zeus is a famous philanderer and quasi rapist.....it reads like SJW feminist fan-fiction.

No Caption Provided

I think she's actually latina.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Whoever wrote it knows whats happening across Europe with the refugees & that Government official's are turning a blind eye to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c70e557be5ab
deactivated-5c70e557be5ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude...look at the Red Skull's hands. The guy is imitating Hitler. And he's talking about illegal immigration at the same time. So, is Donald Trump Hitler 2.0?

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Well I doubt he'd get anywhere by stating he wants to take over the world and enforce mass oppression, Hitler didn't gain power by stating he wanted to start a global conflict and commit genocide. These people tend to pander to people's beliefs and fears to gain support, otherwise they'd just be a crazy dude shouting nonsense while people tried to ignore him...

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red Skull is basically speaking for my tribe about the white, Christian plague. It's easy for you people to misunderstand this.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is how Hitler came to power. Economic conditions led to dissatisfaction and he laid that blame on foreign interference, the traitorous behavior of a group within the nation (Jews) and the so called abandonment of German national pride and history by its political leaders. That's how a nation of normal people willingly slaughtered six million of its own and turned Europe into a killing field.

I believe what the author is presenting is what on the surface sounds quite reasonable, which is why it is so seductive, but it is a massage based on fear and distrust. When one feels victimized by larger, undefined forces, directing that anger towards refugees, immigrants or elements of the population that are different is easy. One sees themselves as a protector of a traditional identity and are thus given license to act inhumanly to restore that ideal. History has shown this to be a dangerous and self-destructive path.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@dernman said:

Greek Mythology is literally Zeus dragging his dick through everything. Anyone who's ever read a mythological story will literally lose their shit after seeing this Panel.

And of course, Hercules,a noble warrior and hero, is portrayed of forcing himself on to women. Could at least make it a bit unique but switching the roles for once? Nah, that requires them to actually put some thought into what they are writing. Not that sexual assault isn't wrong and appalling, but can they please, for the love of god, be a tad bit smart about it? And subtle? I'm tired of hamfisted political/PC agendas.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how Hitler came to power. Economic conditions led to dissatisfaction and he laid that blame on foreign interference, the traitorous behavior of a group within the nation (Jews) and the so called abandonment of German national pride and history by its political leaders. That's how a nation of normal people willingly slaughtered six million of its own and turned Europe into a killing field.

I believe what the author is presenting is what on the surface sounds quite reasonable, which is why it is so seductive, but it is a massage based on fear and distrust. When one feels victimized by larger, undefined forces, directing that anger towards refugees, immigrants or elements of the population that are different is easy. One sees themselves as a protector of a traditional identity and are thus given license to act inhumanly to restore that ideal. History has shown this to be a dangerous and self-destructive path.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@theacidskull: isn't this normal behavior for Marvel's Herc? Or is it just the drinking?

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@theacidskull: isn't this normal behavior for Marvel's Herc? Or is it just the drinking?

It's the drinking. I mean he has a lot of sex, but I don't ever recall him imposing himself on someone. He's been an ass before, but you know, being a noble warrior is kinda more of his thing than anything else. Being reduced to a "Frat Bro" is kind of excess, IMO.

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By dragonrampage

@mikethekiller: what happened to captain america heros sould be they way the created made them. Not modified for the fads of any eara

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust:absolutely spectacular.

@theacidskull: gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I knew that the drinking was extra bad during his time with heroes for hire and around WWHulk.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@removekebab: I know, I was just worried I found myself agreeing with a Nazi basically.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rubear

@removekebab: It's simple. They (Marvel writers) are using Red Skull here as metaphor of Donald Trump.
Of course it is making sense, but at the same time because of it's source it's causing kinda cognitive dissonance. This (and potentially denial) is whole point.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth said:
@prossor_kobras said:

Doesn't seem fair to cartoonishly vilify a group of people, when you're not even dredging up some of Trump's worst supporters.

There are people who are seeing massive changes to their status quos and being concerned about it, and then there are the actual jerks. Why not vilify the actual jerks?

(To be clear, I haven't read anything to do with Cap since the big spoiler, and I don't plan on paying for anything Marvel until I find they've given me a satisfactory resolution to that.)

Yeah, I really miss the good old Hydra. Just straight up misguided facism. Even my friend who is a left-winger anti-trump guy agrees that making Hydra essentially white supremacists with honestly not that extreme right wing beliefs is just stupid and makes for a really weak villain.

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Wouldn't you agree?

@dernman said:

No Caption Provided

It seems that the only way to move sales is with stupid events or controversial SJW changes to already established characters.

It's a dark time.

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a certain presidential candidate who basically says this word for word. Yet here is Red Skull, a character famously known as a Nazi repeating it. Surely no one will associate the two and use it as a way to discredit people's opinions....

Paste_Pot_Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94 said:

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust said: