Reading vs Watching vs Playing - What's Your Favorite?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f
deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Reading vs Watching vs Playing - What's Your Favorite? (29 votes)

Reading (books, comics, manga) 24%
Watching (Movies, TV, internet videos) 28%
Playing (video games) 48%

If you could only do one for the rest of your life... which one would it be? Would you choose to only be able to read books/comics for the rest of your life? Watch movies and TV? Or play video games? Let me know your thoughts down below.

Personally... I have a tough time choosing between games and comics lol but if I had to choose, I guess I'd say comics/manga. What about you guys?(:

• 
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Watching.

Shadowwaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadowwaker

Playing, Reading, and Watching in that order. First i'm going to Play the NG+ God of War update that comes out on August 20th, then i'm going to read the new God of War novel that comes out on August 28th, then i'm going to watch the new Crossover on Cartoonnetwork that comes out in Fall.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

watching

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching. Video games nowdays kinda suck, and reading is fun but at times can be boring.

JohnCena69swag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most video games have pretty crappy stories but if done right i think its the best medium for storytelling. They are the only one that makes the player part of the story.

Soma is a game that couldn't be done any other way. Not only was the story brilliant, it forced you to make tough decisions like only a video game can. For example, you come across a robot that thinks she's human and in their robot heaven, but she's actually broken and suffering. She isn't happy, but she's afraid to go. So you can either pull the plug or not. On top of that you have the genius control scheme from frictional games that makes it so you have to actually yank the plug instead of just looking away and pressing a button. And that's just one of the smaller decisions in that game.

Nothing like that could be done in a movie or book. The only advantage movies have in my opinion is that they are more of a shared experience whereas video games and books are mostly something you experience on your own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm actually disgusted by the amount of people here who prefer watching/playing to reading. Reading is something special, something otherworldly. I can't put down a book [Yes even a bad one] until I finish but I will stop watching/playing even the best of movies/games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f
deactivated-5bc07bdd89a5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riddlerfan77: I'll admit I'm also surprised most people here are saying playing over reading haha since this is comicvine I thought for sure people would pick comics over video games but I guess I was wrong lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@riddlerfan77: I'll admit I'm also surprised most people here are saying playing over reading haha since this is comicvine I thought for sure people would pick comics over video games but I guess I was wrong lol

Apparently not lol.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching, then reading, then playing. Honestly, I could be fine if I never played another video game. Aside form cell phones I download just to kill time, I haven't played a video game since Arkham Knight. I don't think I could live without movies or books.

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading books, I have over 200 book on my phone and I've been known to read an entire book a day at times.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Playing, although I also love watching other people play. I'm playing Dead Cells (PC) right now and this weekend I plan to play a lot of Monster Hunter World (PC) and maybe some Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch). I joined Giant Bomb before I joined Comic Vine, but I tend to go through phases where I'll play a lot of games, and then later another phase where I'll watch a lot of anime/streaming TV, and then a third phase where I'll read a lot of comics and manga. Right now I am deep into gaming again. There's so much good stuff out right now and the fall rush hasn't even started yet. In a couple of weeks Dragon Quest XI drops and there goes might nights and weekends for a month or so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Reading and watching

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers