Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Oh ok. Gingaaaaaaaaah. Sorry to all you ginger folks. I just had to get that out of my system.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By nickzambuto

I'm white and you're black. I don't look any farther then that.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By jwalser3

Just stop with the colors? Instead of being like "Oh, that's a black man crossing the street" why can't it be "Oh, that man is crossing the street". People at my school act like this.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

That ginger comment was directed at the OP only cause he's a Jean Grey Fan. #theprynce

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Enemybird

The purpose of this thread is....

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ssejllenrad

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Is "Ginger" a racial slur?

Let's play a game... From those letters there, let's try to come up with another word... Starts with an N and ends with an R.... Now it's a racial slur.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Mmmm I don't think Nigger is a racial slur at all.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MenaceForever2
No Caption Provided

@CozyDaPrynce:

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Enemybird said:

The purpose of this thread is....

"My race is more oppressed than your race".... Nyahahaha!

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Enemybird
No Caption Provided

@CozyDaPrynce said:

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ssejllenrad

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Coach Carter can sick my duck. #theprynce

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ssejllenrad

@CozyDaPrynce said:

First off, the politically correct term is "fellatio my pecker"... :p

If Samuel "muthaf*ckin" Jackson ain't good enough, perhaps this guy is...

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Enemybird

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Let me go ahead and help edify you on the word in question

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Christ Rock isn't as cool as Sam Jack =/

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ssejllenrad

A wee bit off topic. What do we call people from Niger? I really am curious. Nigerian is obviously taken.

0n1zuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By 0n1zuka

@ssejllenrad: Nigerien

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Igbo or Naija. Either one would work.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@ssejllenrad said:

Morgan Freeman sums it up...

LOL His solution should be taken as seriously as Kim Kardashian's weight loss shoes.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Static Shock

@utotheg38 said:

Uncle tom foolery at Its finest.

I wouldn't say Morgan is an uncle tom, but the statement he made doesn't really change much.

At the same time, he said that Republicans are racist. Yet, he wants people to stop talking about racism? Haha.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By utotheg38

The problem with Ignoring racism Is It's still there. It's just not said.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Knightly1

I could care less about your race. If I hate you, I hate you. If I like you, I like you.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

What mexy serc said was kinda right, though. Buuuuuut wuudevar.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@TERMINATORXX said:

Racism is something that has been going on for hundreds upon hundreds of years.... It will always exist...We will always have people who will hate others over their skin color, culture, religion and or country they're from.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Surkit

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Hm. Go out, tell your friends that aren't black it's cool and that you don't mind if they emphasize the 'R', see how long it takes you to mind.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Surkit said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

Hm. Go out, tell your friends that aren't black it's cool and that you don't mind if they emphasize the 'R', see how long it takes you to mind.

It really doesn't bother me any, Surkit.

The thing about it is the Ancient Egyptians used to call both their gods and their pharaohs "N-G-R" (pronounced Netcher or Netjer) and the word has various deviations "Nigger" being one of them. The original word was the Ethiopian word, "Negus" (male) and "Nigist" (female). All of these words meant divinity, god, king, queen, royalty, angel or guardian. They never had nothing to do with "ignorance" which is what "Nigger" is supposed to mean these days.

If a white person wants to call me "Nigger" then It's fine by me. Through their own "ignorance" they'll be calling me king.

Now if the word offends you then that's my bad. I got nothing but respect for you but the word itself isn't a racial slur to me at all. Peace.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Surkit

@CozyDaPrynce: If thats the way you see it more power to you.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Jezer

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@Surkit said:

@CozyDaPrynce said:

It really doesn't bother me any, Surkit.

The thing about it is the Ancient Egyptians used to call both their gods and their pharaohs "N-G-R" (pronounced Netcher or Netjer) and the word has various deviations "Nigger" being one of them. The original word was the Ethiopian word, "Negus" (male) and "Nigist" (female). All of these words meant divinity, god, king, queen, royalty, angel or guardian. They never had nothing to do with "ignorance" which is what "Nigger" is supposed to mean these days.

If a white person wants to call me "Nigger" then It's fine by me. Through their own "ignorance" they'll be calling me king.

Now if the word offends you then that's my bad. I got nothing but respect for you but the word itself isn't a racial slur to me at all. Peace.

This is an interesting view. Never knew that; this explains that youtube video of that boy who has to spell "Negus" in a spelling bee, who's near flipping out because it sounds like they're asking him to spell "Niggas". Lol.

While I think it's power to you to feel that way, and am actually too lazy to go search the etymology and everything, I feel that since society basically gives current words it's meaning - then societies definition and implications(social, ect.) of the usage of a word matter more than its old meaning or original use.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

The only reason racism is still such an issue is because everybody is still treating it like an issue. When the law requires that a workplace hire at least one worker from each ethnic minority, that's racist. When black people say that white people still need to pay for how the slaves were treated over a century ago, that's racist. Anyone who says ethnic minorities should get special priveleges for the way they've been treated in the past is a racist.

Morgan Freeman has got it right. As long as we still use terms like "black people" and "white people" racism will still be an issue. 
The only way to make the issue go away is to just stop bringing it up. 

@utotheg38 said:

The problem with Ignoring racism Is It's still there. It's just not said.

True, the problem wouldn't go away overnight just from nobody saying anything. But the main reason racism is still such an issue is because we make such a big deal. If we just stop talking about it now, the next generation will grow up not caring about it at all.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

Also, "Trayvon Martain"? 
Seriously?

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Jezer said:

I feel that since society basically gives current words it's meaning - then societies definition and implications(social, ect.) of the usage of a word matter more than its old meaning or original use.

You have a point, Jezer, but I'm not that much of a collectivist so I don't always share society's opinion =]

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By CapFanboy

@AweSam said:

I don't recall enslaving people.

So these walls aren't 8 inches thick with spikes and barbed wire at the top? Good to know AweSam!

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jezer

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@Jezer said:

I feel that since society basically gives current words it's meaning - then societies definition and implications(social, ect.) of the usage of a word matter more than its old meaning or original use.

You have a point, Jezer, but I'm not that much of a collectivist so I don't always share society's opinion =]

Again, I don't mean to criticize, but this is only okay to a degree...

Like, for example, I personally think that "Yolo" is a very stupid catch phrase. Basically a dumber way of saying Carpe Diem. So, while I know a bunch of people who walk around saying it like it's a cool thing to say, I personally differ from their opinion on the use of the word. And my different opinion on the word doesn't really affect me or them in anyway, other than me telling them to stfu.

However, because of the history of the word "nigger", if you walk around letting just anyone call you that - especially if they're not black or your friend lol - then people are going to think you're getting disrespected. Like, "this guy has the nerve to call Cozy a nigger and he let's it slide without complaining?" Then, when they see other people disrespecting you and you letting them, they're also gonna lose respect for you. They're not gonna realize you rationalize it away as a compliment in your mind, they might instead think that you're too afraid to stand up for yourself. Who knows, maybe they'll think its the social norm to call you a nigger and everyone and their dog in whatever non black social circle will start calling you it.(exaggeration)

So, what I'm saying is: If some random white guy you won't ever see again calls you it(possibly in the company of people you'll never see), you should probably just ignore him while shaking your head of how he's ignorant of the fact its a compliment to you. If you're at say a college party and some random white guy calls you it in front of your peers and people within your social circle, you should definitely let him know that it doesn't fly - or else the people that you might pass in the halls or see in class or see around the dorm might think you just got punked and associate you with weakness - and remember it when interacting with you in the future.

EDIT: This song by Wale attempts to illustrate it, start at 2:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r6hqZhISTo

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NerdsFTW

@menaceforever said:

Ok so I know I'm ussually the one to joke around and say dirty jokes but after watching a YouTube vid about Trayvon Martian and reading the comments I almost cried. So here is the thing that every race has its bad eggs. Does no one remember when some white's long ago enslaved blacks, or when Mexicans started a gang war. Also, I'm not just saying that us blacks get racist comments because living in Cali which is a very diverse place see a lot of mexicans that go to private stuck up schools get called Border Bandits, I see whites in black schools get called crackers. To get to my point why can't we all just stand toghether as one and leave this rasist bs aside.

Because people are stupid, and you can't fix stupid.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Jezer: I was taught a long time ago something called "owning and moaning". When it comes to the word "Nigger" I don't moan about it. I own it.

And it's a collective mindset to believe that someone is weak because they are kind or because they don't do anything about being disrespected. With that said, I've been disrespected before. Plenty of times and In front of strangers and friends too so I'm actually very familiar with the scenario you put up there.

Most of the people I interact with have not lost respect for me though and still don't see me as a pushover. Some of them remember certain incidents but the fact that they're still around tells me they're not going to let society's norms dictate their opinion of me. They understand that the weight of the good deeds I've contributed to my friendships far outweighs the embarrassing moments I have had before.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jezer

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@Jezer: I was taught a long time ago something called "owning and moaning". When it comes to the word "Nigger" I don't moan about it. I own it.

And it's a collective mindset to believe that someone is weak because they are kind or because they don't do anything about being disrespected. With that said, I've been disrespected before. Plenty of times and In front of strangers and friends too so I'm actually very familiar with the scenario you put up there.

Most of the people I interact with have not lost respect for me though and still don't see me as a pushover. Some of them remember certain incidents but the fact that they're still around tells me they're not going to let society's norms dictate their opinion of me. They understand that the weight of the good deeds I've contributed to my friendships far outweighs the embarrassing moments I have had before.

Okay, valid.

I think there's a difference between being kind and being a push over. I'm sure we've all been disrespected by people on several occassions, and I'm glad your friends are still there and don't care, but what about the prospective connections you can make with people you see who don't know about your good deeds in your friendships? What if they only know you by your percieved weakness or the lack of respect they percieve, and that's how they view you because they don't know you? In that case, the disrespect just perpetuates itself unless they want to become good friends with you. But, this perception may already warn them off becoming good friends with you or they maybe circumstances will prevent them from amending their main perception of you. It's human and wired in our brains that people's first impressions/latest impressions shape how we process their behavior and information related to them.

I think their opinion matters even though they don't know you because this is a social world we live in. People learn about job opportunities through acquaintances. People meet new friends and potential spouses through acquaintances. The opinion of people who aren't your friends matters to a significant degree. To get farther in this social world, you need to play the social game.(this not only includes standing up for yourself, but helping people you don't know, having good manners, politeness, making new friends, stuff like that)

At least, that's my opinion.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Jezer: That makes sense but fighting people over name calling can produce more negative repercussions than letting them slide. Like, I can't get a job if I went to jail for assault. Well, it'd be pretty damn hard to get one with a record, anyway.

As far as people's opinions go they only matter if they're constructive, or, if they're negative, they only matter if we let them matter.

I can play the social game just fine but in my opinion this world is more backward-thinking than social and that is why I try not to let certain societal norms of attitude, behavior and perspective dictate my way of life.

It's one of the main reasons why I almost never say anything useful on these forums. The more real you aspire to be, the less you fit into society but that's us veering off topic now ...

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jezer

@CozyDaPrynce said:

@Jezer: That makes sense but fighting people over name calling can produce more negative repercussions than letting them slide. Like, I can't get a job if I went to jail for assault. Well, it'd be pretty damn hard to get one with a record, anyway.

As far as people's opinions go they only matter if they're constructive, or, if they're negative, they only matter if we let them matter.

I can play the social game just fine but in my opinion this world is more backward-thinking than social and that is why I try not to let certain societal norms of attitude, behavior and perspective dictate my way of life.

It's one of the main reasons why I almost never say anything useful on these forums. The more real you aspire to be, the less you fit into society but that's us veering off topic now ...

True. But I'm not talking specifically about fighting, but letting them know you don't approve. Maybe even making a joke about it to turn it around on itself. Even then, there's some cases where they may be calling you that simply because they think they're cool or that they know you. In which case, its as simple as just telling them you're not alright with it. Which also let's random peers know that as well. Any type of protest is better than staying silent. Even telling them: "Hey ignorant tool, you realize that "nigger" comes from the Ethiopian word for royalty, negus? I'm glad you recognize I'm above you; bend the knee."

Though, of course this could escalate into fighting at some point. But I know alot of people who can insult people without fighting, and if the other person throws the first blow, assuming the cops actually show up and get called, then you can claim self-defense. Or you could simply insult them and leave the situation(preferably before they can formulate a witty response). The response will show you have backbone; the leaving will make you look like a bigger man(depending on the crowd, I guess).

As for the rest: Be more real on these forums! I encourage it....

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Jezer: I could do that.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By Duke_Nasty

Deep Conversation.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By Zdaybreak

Mmn, tbh, the first time I actually came across bad racism was when this random British dude came up to me and called me 'chinky'. I actually had to look up that word since it wasn't a common American slang, but once I figured it out, it irritated me. Still does, lol.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By MenaceForever2

I just noticed that outside of the comicvine world I use the word nigga a lot..........

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By VanTesla

Racism and bigotry is great for comedy, that is all...

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#94  Edited By Night Thrasher

@Jezer: @CozyDaPrynce: The "N" word is a word without true definition and only has intent. If you ask 10 people the the definition you'd probably get 10 different definitions. It is meant to be a broad baseless insult to demean and dehumanize a particular race. I'm not from a "if a white person says it immediately proceed arse kicking school", but I do feel that my Caucasian friends shouldn't say it. 1). Because the intent can easily be misinterpreted and 2). because the image is hardly defense-able. If rape victims decided to call each other rapeys would you utter the word to either your friends or one of them? I'm not in to political correctness that much, but that particular word is a sensitive subject. One can easily cross a line without the intent to.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Night Thrasher: Maybe in today's society it's nothing but intent. Also, people today don't know their history (especially etymology) so that's why they couldn't tell you the same thing as the next guy when you ask for the definition of the word.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@CozyDaPrynce: It is all about intent. "Kike" just translates to "circle" in hebrew and jews find that to be offensive.

Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye

@Duke_Nasty said:

@CozyDaPrynce: It is all about intent. "Kike" just translates to "circle" in hebrew and jews find that to be offensive.

True definition > Intended definition.

If people want to get offended by it that's on them. But since we want to bring intent into it: I don't intend to let anyone bring me down with what they intend to use as a racial slur. Especially if the original meaning of the word is worlds away from the intended meaning.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Rasicm guys. We're talking about rasicm.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#99  Edited By Deadcool

@ssejllenrad said:

Morgan Freeman sums it up...

I read that with his voice...Beautiful...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jnr6Lil

The way I see racism, If it's joking with my friends, I don't care.

If it's serious, then it's a problem.