Rasenshuriken Vs. Destructo Disc

• 97 results
Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

EoS Naruto can finally tickle Raditz, no Naruto villain is stronger than a DBZ low tier. That is something a narutard would say!

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Marshall_Long

Kienzan by far

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d: And then shortly after cutting Frieza, Goku was able to block the sword with a finger. DBZ characters can handle cutting attacks if their bodies are trained enough to withstand it.

The reason Trunks could cut Frieza was because Trunks was much stronger and was able to amplify the sword with ki. Which is exactly why when King Cold (much weaker than Trunks) tried to use Trunks's sword against Trunks, it didn't work and was easily blocked withe his hand. And then later on in the Android Saga, Trunks's sword breaks on the Androids because of the difference in power.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retconcrisis: Post Captain Ginyu Saga? (Why are you making it sound like Captain Ginyu is a saga?) Naruto hasn't even passed Saiyan Saga let alone Namek Saga.

Dragon Ball has multiple smaller sagas inside a main saga. DBZ has four main sagas: Saiyan, Frieza, Cell, and Buu.

For example, withing Cell Saga there's the Trunks, Android, Imperfect Cell, Perfect Cell, and Cell Games sagas. Another word for the main sagas would be an "arc", which is what they're called in most long anime shows like Bleach and Gintama.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d: And then shortly after cutting Frieza, Goku was able to block the sword with a finger. DBZ characters can handle cutting attacks if their bodies are trained enough to withstand it.

The reason Trunks could cut Frieza was because Trunks was much stronger and was able to amplify the sword with ki. Which is exactly why when King Cold (much weaker than Trunks) tried to use Trunks's sword against Trunks, it didn't work and was easily blocked withe his hand. And then later on in the Android Saga, Trunks's sword breaks on the Androids because of the difference in power.

You are speaking in terms of physical strength with a NORMAL sword. Of course that normal sword would break. Your whole argument is based off of a regular sword being blocked & broken so no they can't handle techniques like DD and RS. that sword is not on the same level as these two.

When they handle attacks like DD & RS then we can talk

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryokuma said:

@loki_d There isn't a comparison though! The manga may be inconstant but it proves that Krillin can beat Naruto everytime! The points you provided, Yajarobi did cut Vegeta's tail....because that's his weak point and unaware of anyone else on the battlefield. Trunks slicing Frieza, this is the same thing as Bills KOing Piccolo with chopsticks, it has to do with ki! Yes, Shuriken is an impressive attack, but it depends more on the person that throws it than tanks it. Yes, it works on a cellular level, but what if a DD and a Shuriken goes against Nappa for example? Again I say, Naruto is no where near Nappa and/or Krillin.You really need to know the difference. Someone can survive being hit by Shuriken, while someone else can't survive from being split in half, especially from a planet buster...

I was actually referring to when Yarjirobe cut Vegeta in his normal state then Krillin was about to kill him with a sword but none of that matters this is not about fodder dbz swords.

Nappa & Krillin are no where near Naruto or Ichigo and that's a fact. There is no difference except for the ending explosion after the rasenshuriken bisects its target so both techniques bisect targets. lol planet buster what planet has krillin bust ??? I will be waiting.

Characters with regenerative abilities can survive a destructo disc so it is not a sure kill. The reason i am so confident in the RS is because i seen some clips from the new naruto movie he has better control of it.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think that this one is tied with the area of effect. The Rasenshuriken covers a bigger area but does less damage than the Destructo Disc, that on the other side, have a greater damage output but in a smaller area.

This.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rasen shuriken has a far better attack mechanism and AOE. But destructo disc has a ridiculously better showing of cutting frieza.

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Keikai

@loki_d: Narutard, EOS Naruto is nowhere near Raditz. Let alone Nappa and Krillin, they one-shot him.

Secondly, Master Roshi has a feat above just about anyone in Naruto and Bleach, he busted the moon, give me a name of someone in these series that has busted the moon.

Master Roshi is like the TOAA of Naruto, lol.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deus said:

@loki_d: Narutard, EOS Naruto is nowhere near Raditz. Let alone Nappa and Krillin, they one-shot him.

Secondly, Master Roshi has a feat above just about anyone in Naruto and Bleach, he busted the moon, give me a name of someone in these series that has busted the moon.

I'm pretty sure that the final version could give most of the characters to the mid tier of DBZ a good fight lol. Light-speed fighting and reflexes (This doesn't even exist in DBZ verse), Faster Than Light traveling (Teleportation), Moon-busting attacks, Sealings at will, almost unlimited Stamina (Fought the war during weeks without sleeping, spending his energy and sharing his power with an entire army, lauching attacks that busted ridges and shaken entire dimensions during his fight against Kaguya), can fly too, launch barrages of 360º attacks, have indestructible Truth-Seeking Balls (Have shown to disintegrate everything that touches it, unless you have nature energy... which doesn't exist in DBZ-verse), ressurrect the dead, summon an army and empower them with his own power (Naruto doesn't have KI, they wouldn't be able to sense wich one is the true one, and even highly experienced chakra sensors couldn't discern which Naruto is the true one even while he was in the Part One of the series as a child, so even if you consider KI = Chakra, that wouldn't matter)... Are you sure that you aren't lowballing Naruto a little bit?

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Marshall_Long

@hiddenlight: The strongest character I see high tier Naruto characters beating is Saiyan Saga Goku, the one that fought Vegeta. That might be stretching it a bit though.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: The strongest character I see high tier Naruto characters beating is Saiyan Saga Goku, the one that fought Vegeta. That might be stretching it a bit though.

Naruto Specifically created a moon and blocked an attack that sliced the moon in half, I don't see this, combined with his speed feats, too below Piccolo for instance. I'm not saying that he would beat anything above Goku SSJ2, but saying that he wouldn't even beat Krillin and Nappa is lowballing at its finest and completely ignoring the feats from Naruto.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: I don't see how saying he can't beat kuririn is low balling

Kuririn IS the strongest human/earthling in dragon ball

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By flashback0180

@hiddenlight said:

I'm pretty sure that the final version could give most of the characters to the mid tier of DBZ a good fight

they can barley cross sayen saga. talking about characters who would bust planets. while Naruto verse best feat is slicing the moon .

Light-speed fighting and reflexes (This doesn't even exist in DBZ verse), Faster Than Light traveling (Teleportation),

fail. lol so much ,

• Whis traveled multiple galaxies in 20+ mins

No Caption Provided

• vegeta was dodging lasers during gravity training ,IN HIS BASE FORM .ANY SUPER SAYIN HAS FTL REACTION TIME

No Caption Provided

• teleportation is not a speed feat, if it is goku MURDERSTOMPS he teleported from different solar systems- dimensions.

Moon-busting attacks, Sealings at will, almost unlimited Stamina (Fought the war during weeks without sleeping, spending his energy and sharing his power with an entire army, lauching attacks that busted ridges and shaken entire dimensions during his fight against Kaguya), can fly too, launch barrages of 360º attacks, have indestructible Truth-Seeking Balls (Have shown to disintegrate everything that touches it, unless you have nature energy... which doesn't exist in DBZ-verse), ressurrect the dead, summon an army and empower them with his own power

All those thing are already done in dbz XD

Moon bust :Thats not even a complete moon bust , it split the moon. while roshi did a complete moon bust back in dragon ball . the earth than 78 times more mass than the moon.

Sealing: even kami can do something like that, evil containment wave

shaking dimensions: shook a pocket dimension that's cute, tell me when naruto shakes the entire planet , other realms and summon hurricanes by just powering up.

FLY: lol

launch 360 attacks : nice , tell that to nappa who can do a 360º attack like this

No Caption Provided

Resurrect the dead : dragonballs

Indestructible Truth seeking ball : "Indestructible" , i think you need to check the cos ,it isn't indestructible, people freaking broken thorough it & it nullifies ninjustsu.

No Caption Provided

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Loki_D

@flashback0180:

@deus said:

Your logic is so dumbfounded lol. All dbz characters will fail to one shot because:

1. The truth seeking balls delete all mater & energy they touch except for senjutsu because it is senjutsu the same energy.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Sasuke's energy susanoo even got erased by the part the truth seeking balls touched, see that ciricle.

"shook a pocket dimension that's cute, tell me when naruto shakes the entire planet , other realms and summon hurricanes by just powering up."

That dimension is larger than a planet it has an outer space i'll say small universe, the juubi summons hurricanes just by powering up too.

"Resurrect the dead : dragonballs"

You can't really compare the dragonballs to Edo tensei, it pales in comparison with Edo tensei you are immortal, you can't feel pain, regenerate from attacks that turn things into nothing, and unlimited reserves.

"Indestructible Truth seeking ball : "Indestructible" , i think you need to check the cos ,it isn't indestructible, people freaking broken thorough it & it nullifies ninjustsu"

Nigh Indestructible in Naruto but outside Narutoverse indestructible indeed. The truth-seeking balls erase matter & energy. You are confusing the power of the balls with Onmyodon which negates the "effects" of ninjutsu like regeneration with the Edo tensei or the Amaterasu flames being inextinguishable, Obito used that on himself & the balls the Amaterasuhad no effect on his body.

Let me know when Dbz characters can negate the effects of a power, create a will, manipulate bone structure & calcium to one shot, create & destroy dimensions, space distortion techs, tank null energy attacks or any attack that turns its target into nothing, have slashes that cut mountains with its shockwave, control the forces, bring art to life, spam attacks that erase everything they touch, and other load of hax

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By flashback0180

"shook a pocket dimension that's cute, tell me when naruto shakes the entire planet , other realms and summon hurricanes by just powering up."

That dimension is larger than a planet it has an outer space i'll say small universe, the juubi summons hurricanes just by powering up too.

earth+King yamms realm+ old kais planet(other dimension)

plus you need to be in a different league if you want people in a another dimension to sense that much ki

"Resurrect the dead : dragonballs"

You can't really compare the dragonballs to Edo tensei, it pales in comparison with Edo tensei you are immortal, you can't feel pain, regenerate from attacks that turn things into nothing, and unlimited reserves.

unless you put a bullet though the summoner (except few like madara and people who can control spiritual bodies). its no different than summoning the undead and zombies and technically they are not immortal

besides , that's not the point. no one said its a carbon copy. fact is resurrecting the dead isn't something new or impressive in fiction. Besides you get 3 wishes just wish for immortality and unlimited regeneration they become the same.lol more or less like garlic jr.

Let me know when Dbz characters can negate the effects of a power, create a will, manipulate bone structure & calcium to one shot, create & destroy dimensions, space distortion techs, tank null energy attacks or any attack that turns its target into nothing, have slashes that cut mountains with its shockwave, control the forces, bring art to life, spam attacks that erase everything they touch, and other load of hax

lol most of that doesn't even resemble dbz

that like saying why doens't naruto verse have a MFTL spaceship , 300G gravity machines ,time traveling pods , body shrinking watches , wish granting dragons , poison that gives ki presences ,sensu beans ,magical clouds that can travel faster than a jet.

and 90% of that have been done in the movies/anime

manipulate bone structure & calcium to one shot

how about the next best thing

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

any attack that turns its target into nothing

that depends on the potency -_-

sprite bomb destroyed buu at a molecular level ,buu has regenerated from smoke after geting blown to dust by gotenks

have slashes that cut mountains with its shockwave

yes and low bait, anyone who can shake the earth and destroy planet will cause shockwaves.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

control the forces

!? that's as verge as it can get. and wrong type of manga, its like asking why don't you have a Pokemon .

any way by forces, in simplest terms fire,water,wind,electricity , all those types of attacks exist in dbz except water.

bring art to life

ha........yes, and dbz basically revolves around him. Shenron is basically a statue that popo created which kami brings to life

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Loki_D

@flashback0180: Rasenshuriken n DD are on the same level of cutting power even though the RS cutted through multiple rocks while the destructo disc only cutted one.

Naruto's Rasenshuriken can kill even Super Buu.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d: no its not, dd cut through people with planet level durability, something like that doesn't exist in naruto verse.

And that's the first and weakest disk of the series.

AOE =/= potency, beginning of z characters already had casual moon busting attack potency. Which is a feat STILL grater than anything naruto can do.

If aoe was equal to dc then vegeto would be a block level character, that even melodies could win.

And lol the fact you that you think any kind of disk attacks could kill buu a guy who literally regenerated from smoke proves you are wrong.

/fail

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Loki_D

@loki_d: no its not, dd cut through people with planet level durability, something like that doesn't exist in naruto verse.

And that's the first and weakest disk of the series.

AOE =/= potency, beginning of z characters already had casual moon busting attack potency. Which is a feat STILL grater than anything naruto can do.

If aoe was equal to dc then vegeto would be a block level character, that even melodies could win.

And lol the fact you that you think any kind of disk attacks could kill buu a guy who literally regenerated from smoke proves you are wrong.

/fail

What planet level durability may i ask?? Proof of this planet level durability? Goku died from Cell's planet level explosion & Kid Buu was blown to pieces when he he destroyed earth, now tell me what planet level durability?

You're confusing the explosion of the Rasenshuriken with the cutting power before the explosion. I'm not talking about the rasenshuriken's AOE I am talking about the cutting power before it explodes is the same as the DD. It's not all about AOE so saying that's a greater than anything in Naruto is moot n your claim is bs Kaguya destroys dimensions.

The fact that you lack proper knowledge about the series is funny or maybe it's just you being silly. Naruto's rasenshuriken will not only bisect Buu but delete him from existence via Truth-seeking orbs.

No Caption Provided

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d: Guys, i think he's actually being serious...

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman: Of course I am serious Bleach n Naruto surpassed Dbz a long time ago people need to stop fanboying

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The comments on this thread are hilarious.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By flashback0180
@loki_d said:

What planet level durability may i ask?? Proof of this planet level durability? Goku died from Cell's planet level explosion & Kid Buu was blown to pieces when he he destroyed earth, now tell me what planet level durability?

• Freeza survived nemmeks explosion at ground zero with no energy , while being split in half .I would like to see ANYONE and i mean anyone in naruto verse who could do the same.
  • vegeta tanked gokus Kamehameha which was more powerful than vegetas planet level galic gun for miles into the sky.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

no. DB characters have impressive durability since the beginning of dragon ball , more than enough to withstand attacks from "normal swords"

• Goku took a metal axe to his head and the axe literally shattered into pieces .
  • Tien broke a knife with his bare hands .
  • Goku took a sniper bullet to his head and a bazooka by the red ribbon army.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

<<<<- go was stronger tahn stainless steel since the first chapter.

You're confusing the explosion of the Rasenshuriken with the cutting power before the explosion. I'm not talking about the rasenshuriken's AOE I am talking about the cutting power before it explodes is the same as the DD. It's not all about AOE so saying that's a greater than anything in Naruto is moot n your claim is bs Kaguya destroys dimensions.

Are you kidding ? Ki manipulates durability .fact. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS , read a cav

GOKU could block a sword(CUTTING ATTACK) that sliced planet tanking freeza with his finger.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

<-

i would like to see if naruto can withstand a sniper bullet to his head and nija weapons that break on contact.

The fact that you lack proper knowledge about the series is funny or maybe it's just you being silly. Naruto's rasenshuriken will not only bisect Buu but delete him from existence via Truth-seeking orbs.

No Caption Provided

wth i was talking about wind release not the biju bomb rasenshuriken

and now the topic is brought where did you get the idea that it can destroy everything ? there is nothing that says it can

its a clear no-limits fallacy,

considering its weaknesses is senjutsu where based on natural energy and users can contact it with their bare hand in sage mode , any sprite bomb user can resist atomization .

sprite bomb

"Remember that the Spirit Ball is a martial arts discipline that allows you to borrow energy from grass and trees, from people and animals, from inanimate objects and the atmosphere... And then to concentrate them and release them. If you can draw so much destructive power from a ball made on this small planet... ...Imagine what you can do with a Spirit Ball formed on Earth! If you can also learn to tap into the astounding powers of theSun... Well. Just be careful. Or you may destroy the very planet you're trying to protect!"

not that it matters in verse equalization, each ability have a different view from its source in each verse, since ki is ki regardless weather its from the human or grass or the sun.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180: lol I am about shred your whole argument wait till tomorrow.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, thanks! I don't even remember typing that.

@dark_cloud_: I'm so sorry I know that comment is a year old but you are the man

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

what happpened

Eldest808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

Rasen Shuriken would have defeated Cell since it can destroy the internal cells.

Destructo Disc is also pretty good to and can defeat most enemies who can't Regenerate.

MinjaBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very new here, and happened to stumble across this while doing some ability research.
First and foremost I'm a fan of both DBZ and Naruto, so I'd appreciate if the fanboy Dragonballsack*, and Narutard comments were left in the boxers of the idiots who like giving them out.

Second, a lot of the feats that have been brought into question from the DBZ end have been moot points. In naruto, yes there has been no planet busting, aside from the slicing of an artificial moon. However, within naruto there has never been a reason to bust a planet. I'm not sure if you noticed, but Naruto takes place, exclusively on earth. To bust it would be stupid has hell since everyone worth knowing lives there, and to try and bust any planet outside of it would be extremely stupid and wasteful; and as we all (should) know that is most definitely not the ninja way.
The only reason that many of the Naruto techniques don't seem as powerful as DBZ techniques is simply because they're focused on different goals.

Assume ki/chi = Chakra.

Idk if any of you have noticed but, all of the Naruto techniques are focused/centered on killing/eliminating people or groups of them, at the most regions or buildings; and as such do not have as much raw power pumped into them as a DBZ technique because it would be unneeded, and wasteful. For a naruto character to use a technique with as much unnecessary raw power as a DBZ technique would be stupid since they have no other planet to go live on if they break theirs. This is not to say that they are in any way inferior or superior to DBZ, only that they are more concise and efficient, like a ninja technique should be. Naruto's abilities and jutsu/techniques are the closest to the extra raw power of a DBZ technique and even his are pretty subdued and pointed compared to some of them.

95% of DBZ techniques are all encompassing, almost stupidly power charged, huge ki-powered laser cannons that threaten mass and unnecessary explosions should they miss, that are always dangerous to themselves and their targets. However, in a series where planet-busting or travel is generally accepted or needed, this makes perfect sense. If I miss you, I'll just blow up your planet instead. Where as in naruto, they're aiming to destroy a village at most not the whole planet they share with the villain. The disk projectiles are the closest to a naruto technique as a DBZ technique will get.

That being said, the Rasenshuriken at its original conception is much better in terms of destructive power than the DD.
This is because of the way the Rasenshuriken works. The RS is formed into a shuriken simply as a mode of travel, it does not 'cut' in the regular sense of a normal shuriken. The rasen shuriken is essentially a giant sharp nuke. When it detonates on something/someone, it cuts them on a molecular level, atomizing them. Now think about chemical physics for a moment, E=mc^2, so any chemical bond or atomic bond being broken releases a vast amount of energy. Now the energy within the rasenshuriken itself, plus the energy release from every chemical bond in the foe's body being broken down and unceremoniously sliced and ripped apart, could if tottaly uncontrolled or restrained, would very easily turn into a nuclear bomb. Which as I've pointed out, it basically is already.

The destructo disk on the other hand, is simply a fairly large laser knife. It does have immense cutting power equivalent to Orochimaru's blade, but we both know that krillin isn't cutting through anything on a molecular level, simply because there's no mass explosion/vaporization/atomization like the RS produces. It does however, get the job done, and if any DBZ character (to my knowledge) or Naruto character took a DD headon, they wouldn't be there anymore. Save for those few fellows like Buu, or Kabuto who regenerate at will.

That being said, only because of the way that the rasenshuriken works, yes. It would very easily kill Buu, no matter what form he was in atm, since the RS would leave nothing behind for him to regenerate from. There would be no ashes, or smoke, or burnt up remains. He would just be gone, nothing more than scattered energy.

Also as a side note, busting/deleting multiple meteorites I'm pretty sure counts as moon/planet-busting if the meteors are as big as I think they are.

THE END

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mysticmedivh

Don't mind Loki_D. According to him rasenshuriken can destroy Odin.

xSniperWolfiex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By xSniperWolfiex

Question has rasenshuriken ever cut anyone clean in half all I see it cut is rocks and trees but never people even when hit directly

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion the destructo disk is stronger better the rasenshuriken is much cooler

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 the_stegman  Moderator
xSniperWolfiex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By xSniperWolfiex

@the_stegman: that's great but I still havent seen it cut a person in two it seems to have better feats against inanimate objects than it does against people

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destructo Disk is more powerful

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the type of rasenshuriken, and whether you believe the truth seeker orbs can cut through anything bar sage jutsu

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#91 higherpower  Moderator

@ShenLong: well i'll actually answer your question

it depends really, rasenshuriken does more destruction as it destroys things on a cellular level, but destructo disc has the advantage of being able to be controlled and doesnt have the draw back of cutting off a person's chakra use

Ah so you were here

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rasenshuriken seems to be the clearly more powerful technique. It can cut you billions upon billions of times on a cellular level until all that is left is an intact corpse with a shredded nerve system. If Goku had known this technique he probably could have killed Cell given an attack like this would stop Cell from regenerating and destroy his little "core cell" thing.

Destructo Disc is a lot more spammable though. Krillin would actually be one of the deadliest fighters in the series if he'd just... Remember to use his signature move. Honestly this is my biggest beef with the franchise. Okay, humans can't be as strong as saiyans. Fine. But why are they using the same generic attacks as the saiyans? Between the tribeam and the destructo disc the human characters have WAY better techniques that they usually forget to employ.

Wasted opportunities.

RedReaper333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, first off, while everyone was debating the STRONGER technique, I will step up to the plate and debate the BETTER technique.

(There IS a difference. The Mafuba is better suited to take out threats, but the Final Flash is stronger. The Shadow Clone Jutsu can create clones of you to fight with, being better, but it doesn't have a power output, and as such is weaker than a basic Flame Jutsu despite being a highly ranked Jutsu. Stronger =/= Better.)

Now, the people who stated DBZ characters can't respond to cutting attacks are just...wrong. Goku and co. have been taking blades since Dragon Ball. The only cutting attacks that ACTUALLY damage the Z-Fighters are ethereal in nature. They are FORMED by Ki, (since this debate is happening PRIOR to Super, I will use examples in that timeframe as well), like Salza's energy blade, COATED in Ki, like Trunks' Sword, or are capable of Reality Altering Feats/Magic, (Janemba and Dabura respectively.)

Now to get to the gist of the issue, in reference to power output, the RS is in it's own league, cutting on the Cellular level, and destroys on the Molecular level, but because of the Kienzan's behavior it's entirely irrelevant. The Kienzan is known for being able to completely bypass physical defenses. (Sans Cell's neck. That was anime filler, which, 1] shouldn't be taken seriously, and 2] He explained he used his aura for that trick, letting it cut the aura and disperse.) It was capable of cutting Frieza, Nappa, Vegeta, and Buu, who frequently tank planet busting attacks as if they're mosquito bites. It's able to cut through anything with no exceptions whatsoever, (if you remember to forget Cell's neck.) Moral of the story? The RSS is more powerful, (being what is basically a Pointy Chakra Nuke with a massive Area of Effect), but it can't beat the Kienzan's unstoppable cutting ability.

It's also far easier to master and learn. It's estimated to have taken both to initally learn the technique. (While it took Naruto around a week, this was because of his Shadow Clones. Factoring them in, is was about a year. Krillin first displays the Kienzan in the Saiyan Saga, which was 1 year after the Raditz fight. We're not told WHEN Krillin learns this ability, [he could've had it prior to Raditz, but was so outclassed that he couldn't think to use the technique. Raditz did one shot Goku, so this is likely. But we're being generous and giving them both year terms for comparison proper.) Naruto, after a full year of mastery of the technique, couldn't use it without damaging himself. In fact, he wasn't sure if he could actually use it in combat against Kakuzu due to the risks of the technique. Krillin didn't display any of these issues, and it saps almost no Ki from him. It's so good other characters just rip off the technique for themselves. (Straight up, Vegeta, Frieza, Android 18, and Goku copy the technique with no drawbacks to their reserves.) It's simply more suitable for combat situations. And it rarely needs external devices to be improved. Naruto couldn't throw it until he used Senjutsu to hold it together. He couldn't do it otherwise. (Without Sage Mode, he would constantly be in danger of self-harm. He also demonstrates throwing it in Kurama/Kyuubi Mode, but, that is, again, an external well of power.)

And despite making a buzzing sound in the air, it's infinitely more stealthy. (Naruto, for all of the crazy things happening in it, is a show about Ninja. Stealth is a key factor here. It's also how Krillin was able to harm those more powerful than him. His oppenents were completely blindsided by the technique.)

The only real advantage the RSS is that it destroys things on the molecular level, and does this in a detonation, making it hard to escape. If your opponent has a healing factor, then you might want to pull it out, but more likely than not, the Kienzan is the superior technique, being more tactical, better at damaging opponents, and less draining.

Avatar image for masterbuster666
MasterBuster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MasterBuster666

Destructo disk has faar more Potency/hax to it, so going with that.

comicvinerguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD >>>>>> Rasen shuriken.

DD could cut someone that massively beyond you in stats, is spammable and could be control mid air until it hits the target.

Notice how naruto never uses rasen shuriken again after the kakuzu fight until he learned sage mode and uses senjutsu because it's dangerous. Naruto can't throw the rasen shuriken thus damaging his hands. Tsunade even told Kakashi to inform naruto to never use the technique again. You know rasen shuriken is not worth it when a jinjuriki with the ability to self heal was told not to use it.

In conclusion,

- DD is more flexible

- More potent

- Easier to learn

- Spammable

- Minimize the risk of hurting the user.

If they clash, DD would cut through it and win.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers