Rape as cure for South Africans Lesbians(WTF)

• 112 results
Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Death Certificate

http://www.lemonde.fr/afrique/articl...9529_3212.html    

A 13 years old girl, who was openly homosexual, was raped while coming back from school, in Pretoria, according the justice minister.

On Eastern, it’s Noxolo Nogwasa’s corpse that was found in the Kwa Thema township in Johannesburg.

Crushed skull, missing teeth, gouged out eyes, her face was barely recognizable according to some witnesses. Some parts of her body had been lacerated and used preservatives was found near the corpse. The previous day, in a bar, the Lesbian activist had had a verbal altercation with a bunch of men who had tried to hit on her girlfriend.

Those 2 tragic events illustrate a persistant phenomenon in South Africa called ‘corrective rape'. Men force Lesbians to have sex with them thinking that it will “cure” them.

According to the Luleki Sizwe association, 31 Lesbians have been killed in the last decades. Each week, several Lesbians should be raped in the country, but knowing the exact scale of the phenomenon is difficult.

The Lesbian victims who report their case to the police are scarce because in many cases the policemen prefer to turn a blind eye on them or even think they got what they deserve, which favors impunity.

The sexual violences (500 000 rapes/year), machism and misogyny are strong in the South African society, though the ‘rainbow nation’ has one of the most progressist constitution in term of protection of minorities. While the majority of African countries still condemn homosexuality, south African homosexuals can adopt children since 2002, and even get married since 2006.

It is mainly the townships, that are a Lesbian hell. They are subjected to daily threats that could be made real at any time. Like this man who told to a Lesbian activist “ you need to be taugh a lesson, you behave way too much like a man’. This woman says that her ex GF is dead form AIDS, a disease she contacted after being gang raped.

The government is often criticized for being too lenient against those crimes, so last week it announced the creation of a group that will work on new measures to prevent those aggressions.

In a few months, the petition of the Avaaz organization that was asking for the public condamnation of the 'corrective rapes' did get more than 900000 signatures. The text also asked for the recognition of hate crimes.

In 2008, Eudy Simelane, a former player in the feminine national football club, had been gangraped, beaten and stabbed 25 times. 2 men were arrested and condemned for her death but the judges didn’t considered the crime was linked to her sexual preference.    

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By castleking

those @$$holes deserve to die, be beaten and tortured prior to death and go to hell...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

Every time I think humanity can't disgust me more crap like this happens and I get all new shame for our species

goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By goldenshot80

O_O foreals?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warlock360

Where's the good 'ol Eye for an Eye law? I'd like to vote that back in because of cases such as these...

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ms__omega

Man people are stupid this makes me sad and angry

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

And again: humans are the sickest creatures on Earth.

Though I actually did read about this years ago.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ARMIV

Rape is just cause for the death sentence.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By SC  Moderator

Ah see, who was that guy, erm, veteran Tennessee official guy? Joe Rehyansky? He suggested gay men, shouldn't be in the military but lesbians should, because the males could 'convert' them? Yeah,  Now this? Yeah. World can be an ugly place, so what can we do about it my friends? This stuff doesn't just happen in South Africa. 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By castleking
@SC said:
" Ah see, who was that guy, erm, veteran Tennessee official guy? Joe Rehyansky? He suggested gay men, shouldn't be in the military but lesbians should, because the males could 'convert' them? Yeah,  Now this? Yeah. World can be an ugly place, so what can we do about it my friends? This stuff doesn't just happen in South Africa.  "
such behavior is more prevalent where law enforcement is limited and have broken system of government.

you stop this behavior by teaching kids that its not okay and raise them with a strong moral center and how one should treat one another.
i have a hard time believing anyone raised by a mother could do such a thing even thought it does happen.
those guys should be hunted down like dogs castrated, tortured and hung...
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheBatman586

I really wish our world had superheroes...

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By castleking
@TheBatman586 said:

" I really wish our world had superheroes... "

they do we call them vigilantes and they are arrested and treated like any other criminal  : /
sadly none have actual superpowers that would make them super.

but some do dress up..

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator
@castleking:  Yes very good, lol I was sort of trying to advocate that volunteer work, at shelters and respite homes can also be very rewarding, and researching some of the lesser well known charities to donate to, can help as well , especially for those who are not raising children =p

Very fine and excellent points though too! ^_^
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe
@TheBatman586: If the real world had people with actual super powers we'd probably be worse off than we are now because human nature is inherently flawed 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By castleking
@joshmightbe said:
" @TheBatman586: If the real world had people with actual super powers we'd probably be worse off than we are now because human nature is inherently flawed  "

If i had superpowers we be better off world wide.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joshmightbe
@castleking: You say that now but you don't know how you'd act if you suddenly had the power of like Superman. Everyone likes to think they'd be good guys with that kind of power but would you truly be able to suppress the temptation to do whatever the hell you wanted when there is no one capable of stopping you
realsilverjunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By realsilverjunk
@ARMIV said:
" Rape is just cause for the death sentence. "
Well said sir, well said. 500,000 rapes/year= 500,000 executions/year. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By castleking
@joshmightbe said:

" @castleking: You say that now but you don't know how you'd act if you suddenly had the power of like Superman. Everyone likes to think they'd be good guys with that kind of power but would you truly be able to suppress the temptation to do whatever the hell you wanted when there is no one capable of stopping you "

I can say that now cause i know exactly who i am and have no illusion that i am perfect and i live by a strict moral and ethical code.
Now within the confines of my code is something entirely different of how governments and society in general would like me to act which i would most likely not.

give me superman powers i would dispose of tyrant leaders including ones from 1st world nations and kill every piece of gutter trash that are mention in the OP.
i would enforce right and wrong no grey area which means a lot of people and majority of government who have walked the grey area and skirted to the wrong section would be punished without remorse.

it would be a glorious day on earth if i ever had such power the whole of humanity would prosper while the small deviant percent would perish.
 http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23559
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ssejllenrad
@realsilverjunk said:
" @ARMIV said:
" Rape is just cause for the death sentence. "
Well said sir, well said. 500,000 rapes/year= 500,000 executions/year.  "
Naaaaaah... there should be more executions. Even those who don't rape but signed the "corrective rape" petition should also be executed. 900,000 a**holes if the numbers in the OP is accurate.
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By mark5

I've been to SA, the culture there is pretty messed up. 1 in 5 men have raped or attempted to rape a woman before. a girl is more likely to get raped than learning how to read or write. Raping and SEVERE beating is seen as a 'cure' or retribution to A LOT of things. The culture there needs major remodeling .  @joshmightbe said:

" @castleking: You say that now but you don't know how you'd act if you suddenly had the power of like Superman. Everyone likes to think they'd be good guys with that kind of power but would you truly be able to suppress the temptation to do whatever the hell you wanted when there is no one capable of stopping you "

good point!!!
@castleking: getting powers like...midnighter or pre issue 50 invincible would be better. 

=)
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator
@joshmightbe said:
" @TheBatman586: If the real world had people with actual super powers we'd probably be worse off than we are now because human nature is inherently flawed  "

I think thats why they wished for superheroes and not people with super powers ;)

I agree with your sentiment though, but it would be... in one way it could just be like today buy more extreme. Room for improvement too. World is doing alright right now, despite the fact we are all sort of superpowered compared to 2000 years ago. I have more considerably more access to education and knowledge that the richest king of a 1000 years and the smartest guy of 200 years ago. Thats real power. A lot of bad things happen because of a discrepancy in education and knowledge and control over those things. A world with superpowered beings has potential for good too (not saying you said otherwise, hence your probably) 
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

yes, because they don't like men, so raping them will definitely bring them around.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Everyday i'm becoming more and more scared of the sick people on this planet.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By cyberninja

The solution is gas chambers for the rapists. 

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By joshmightbe
@castleking: But your ethical code is something you've come up with while you live in a world with limitations if you take those away you may become a different person, I'm not saying you definitely would just saying you don't know how it would affect you 
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SC  Moderator
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" Everyday i'm becoming more and more scared of the sick people on this planet. "

Don't be! 

Please. 

Don't be ignorant either, because you are right, there are sick people on this world who do cruel sick things to each other. 

The good nice people still outnumber them though. Its nicer and healthier for you to embrace that. 
cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cyberninja
@hydrabob said:
" yes, because they don't like men, so raping them will definitely bring them around. "
QUICK,   put your quote in between this code(     [sarcasm] [/ sarcasm]   )  so people don't take it the wrong way. 
castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By castleking
@joshmightbe said:
" @castleking: But your ethical code is something you've come up with while you live in a world with limitations if you take those away you may become a different person, I'm not saying you definitely would just saying you don't know how it would affect you  "
sorry bro but i gotta go Zen mystic on you and say i am who i am.. that cannot change. the thing is you think that my actions would be something that goes against my beliefs b/c it may be complete opposite of yours.

example: you most likely wouldnt kill a person with or without superpowers, I would.
you probably wouldnt exact vengeance on an entire nation that turns a blind eye to discrimination, theft, murder for a land not their own that they have been doing for centuries.. i would.

now unlike you i am not a capitilist so i wouldnt kill murder ppl for money or power.. i could care less of such things.
I would have my powers and live how i live now if not even more spartan like..

nothing about me changes in the least other than the power to make a difference for the greater good which you or others may not agree if it is being forced upon you.
Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@cyberninja: lol I think it's obvious that it's sarcasm.
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By CellphoneGirl
@SC: I see what you mean, and i could see your one the many good people ^_^
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By InnerVenom123

People are garbage.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PowerHerc

This may be politically incorrect but raping someone to cure that person of homosexuality kinda shows how backwards, ignorant and archaic their so-called 'culture' is.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By joshmightbe
@castleking: Actually I believe if I had super powers I would probably do some serious damage. I know me being me I'd start trying to do good but eventually I'd probably go too far as I tend to do now, though I am trying to reduce my issues with stress and anger currently as per my doctor's orders cause earlier this week I had a nice reminder of my mortality 
Salubri_Cain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Salubri_Cain

They need an excuse to rape? 

--- Salubri Cain.  ( What can I say, he is a wretched evil bastard).

I don't like this one little bit, someone should go over there and do something.  What a bunch of assholes.

--- The man behind the iron curtain.  ( I on the otherhand would kill someone for this).

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssejllenrad
@hydrabob said:
" yes, because they don't like men, so raping them will definitely bring them around. "
No it won't! they will just hate em more! What the hell are you thinking?!? Where's your logic?????

That's what you get by not heeding cyberninja's suggestion... :p
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#36  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

its just foul and disgusting

*secretly orders a plane ticket to south africa*

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
"

"
Horrific and unfunny joke is horrific and unfunny.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By joshmightbe
@ssejllenrad: I think that was sarcasm
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By nefarious

Justice will be done to those criminals.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

really? cuz like this entire topic isnt horrific?  and none of my jokes are ever funny

anyway i apologize    

Salubri_Cain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Salubri_Cain
@InnerVenom123 said:
" @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
"

"
Horrific and unfunny joke is horrific and unfunny. "

He could be going to kill some rapists. I hope thats were he was going with that.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By castleking
@Nefarious said:
" Justice will be done to those criminals. "
how and by who?
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By InnerVenom123
@Salubri_Cain said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
" @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
"

"
Horrific and unfunny joke is horrific and unfunny. "

He could be going to kill some rapists. I hope thats were he was going with that.

"
The use of the word "secretly" implies otherwise. Ugh.
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i was acctually leaving it up to people's imaginations but to be fair i knew most people would think the worst thing.

so i really am sorryy

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ssejllenrad
@joshmightbe said:
" @ssejllenrad: I think that was sarcasm "
Yeah I know.. I was reacting to this dialogue by them:

@cyberninja said:
" @hydrabob said:
QUICK,   put your quote in between this code(     [sarcasm] [/ sarcasm]   )  so people don't take it the wrong way.  "

then

@hydrabob said:
" @cyberninja: lol I think it's obvious that it's sarcasm. "
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By nefarious
@castleking: That is all I am saying.
Salubri_Cain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Salubri_Cain

@InnerVenom123: 

I know. I was just being optimistic, and ignorant.

My Aunt however has a best friend who was straight, and was sent to Juvie when he was a teen, and was raped alot. Now he is a she. They raped him gay. So as horrific as this is, I can't help but wonder if it has an effect on the Lesbians?

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By cyberninja
@Salubri_Cain said:

My Aunt however has a best friend who was straight, and was sent to Juvie when he was a teen, and was raped alot. Now he is a she. They raped him gay. So as horrific as this is, I can't help but wonder if it has an effect on the Lesbians?

"
WTF?!
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i seriously doubt its actually possible to reverse a persons sexuality through rape. in my personal opinion with absolutley no offense meant to you, your aunt, and least of all her friend    i think that the severity might have either confused her friend or just unlocked something that was already there  but then again thats just my personal opinion
Salubri_Cain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Salubri_Cain
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
"i seriously doubt its actually possible to reverse a persons sexuality through rape. in my personal opinion with absolutley no offense meant to you, your aunt, and least of all her friend    i think that the severity might have either confused her friend or just unlocked something that was already there  but then again thats just my personal opinion "

Well Mark/Angel told her in his/her own words, he was straight, and at first hated them all for what they were doing, but after years of being raped, he became used to it, and fell in love with a man. She has always been really close to Angel so I don't know why she would lie about it.