Its obvious (both inside and outside Comicvine) that Rape is something which triggers very sympathetic and strong emotions in many people. Its widely considered it to be the most heinous of crimes and I can understand why people would think that.
So with that being said, how would you feel about dating someone who has been a victim of rape? I have heard of the phrase damaged goods been thrown around (particularly in regards to females), and honestly at first I didn't care much for the people who said it, as well as the phrase itself, but often being raped is something that leaves long lasting ramifications on the victim, which can make said relationships difficult. One wouldn't regard rape as being so serious if it didn't have the likelyhood of causing some untoward problems for the person involved in the short and long term, both emotionally and sexually- and these problems could cause strain in any further relationships.
And how would you feel if a child was thrown into the mix as well? From a personal experience, I know my elder half-sister's relationship with my father was strained because my Mum was slightly suspicious about my Dad sexually assaulting her- it was out of rape, my half-sister was born.....
The following scenario and poll below is a bit of an oversimplification, but in the purposes of seeing what most people think, I'll use it anyway.
1. You see what seems to be perfect woman/man of your dreams. You find them physically attractive and like their personality. Would you engage in a relationship with them, if you knew they were a rape victim?
2. You have two what seems to be perfect women/men of your dreams. You find them physically attractive and like their personalities. One has been raped. Would you pick the person who wasn't raped, or would you have no preference at all?
3. Same as above, except the rape victim has a child by rape?
Poll choices (also given below to vote).
1. I wouldn't date the victim.
2. I would date the victim but I would rather date someone different who still "ticked all my boxes", that wasn't raped/had a child because of rape.
3. I wouldn't show any bias towards the rape victim, whatever the circumstance.
Just want to know what you guys and gals think.