[RANT]Why Australia claims it Multicultural and Friendly Country?

• 54 results
game_king597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From what I've seen Aussies on internet advocates Australia more Multicultural and Friendly peoples than other country.

But unless you are white they usually make gossips about you behind your back and resents you.

If you are white from Europe and North America you have easier time there but asians, africans, indians, middle Easterners have harder time to be accepted there socially.

I found Americans and Brits more friendly and honest. At least they opens up their concern unlike aussies who don't shows it at your face but makes gossips about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As an Indian Aussie, I honestly haven't been on the end of racism IRL in almost a decade, so to me it's a fairly welcoming and multicultural country. Of course, I've not seen all of Australia so can't really make a judgement.

But then again... we don't have too many big alt-right hate groups, right-wing domestic terrorists, or a president who runs on bigotry and populism, and puts children in cages away from their families. Don't get me wrong, Scomo is a cunt in his own right, but Ol Trumpy is on a whole other level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen Aussies on internet advocates Australia more Multicultural and Friendly peoples than other country.

But unless you are white they usually make gossips about you behind your back and resents you.

If you are white from Europe and North America you have easier time there but asians, africans, indians, middle Easterners have harder time to be accepted there socially.

I found Americans and Brits more friendly and honest. At least they opens up their concern unlike aussieswho don't shows it at your face but makes gossips about it.

1. Be careful what you read on the internet, it may colour your expectations.

2. Described every country in a nutshell.

3. Do you believe this isn't the case in other countries, cultural assimilation will always mean there is a time period in which new social norms are adopted, it is usually hard for a foreigners initially as you would expect - this is not a new thing, it happened to my family and every other family who came to Australia. The same thing occurs in every country, not really sure why you're singling out Australia. Is there a specific problem that you've experienced in Australia only, which does not occur in other countries

4. Most aussies are open, its a general trait, not sure where you're getting this from, i mean unless you stayed in Tassie(in which case i get it) they're a bit like that over there.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s just so funny to see foreigners continue to be so misinformed on American issues.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mimisalome

base on my experience working with people of European descent (im not white by the way)

- Americans are the most familiar and approachable as I expected them to be (probably because they're from California), but they do get really angry (JJ Jameson angry) when dealing with incompetence. It is probably the main reason why many people in our company resign, they can't handle the american way of verbal abuse.

- Germans are awfully friendly (I have this bearded friend name Manfred who looks and acts like Santa Claus) Many female workers like him. Very smart engineer that knows his stuff and he loves to share it with us.

- French and Italians are the most indifferent, they talk to you only when necessary (maybe they are just shy people, I don't know).

- I have yet to work with Australians but my former classmate who is now working in Australia as a railroad engineer (something related to trains) told me some of his issues about them.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle

"Why don't these people I am foreign to accept me??!!"

"Why don't all these fucking white people just cater to ME??!!"

That's what shit like this always sounds like, lol.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Australians are intolerant of all other cultures. If you are an Indian or a Chinese and you are at the front of the line in a supermarket. The checkout person will call an Australian to come in front of you to be served. And if you are an African you are not allowed to walk around unless you wear a berka. Also the only way they will perform a marriage for you is if you are Homosexual.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

But then again... we don't have too many big alt-right hate groups, right-wing domestic terrorists, or a president who runs on bigotry and populism, and puts children in cages away from their families. Don't get me wrong, Scomo is a cunt in his own right, but Ol Trumpy is on a whole other level.

Overall, you're grossly misinformed. Then again, you're an Indian Aussie, and someone who doesn't know American issues as much as he thinks he does.

1) You actually mean Left-Wing hate groups and Left-Wing domestic terrorists.

2) You actually mean Obama, and that's okay. Mistakes happen.

3) You also mean Obama here, as it was his idea and was enforcing that before Trump.

4) We get it, you hate Trump. But you're right, he is on a whole other level compared to previous Presidents. In fact, he's one of the best we've had in decades. All the good he's done is amazing.

OT: As far as I know, from watching many videos pertaining to Australian politics, it's almost as hectic as American politics when dealing with immigration and illegal immigration, and especially Human Rights, such as protesting and whatnot. I don't live there, so I have no real opinion on the matters, besides the typical "what I see is what I know."

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well said, whites are harassed & followed wherever they go

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As another Indian Aussie, I haven't experienced too much racism. Some subtle jabs here and there. About 10 years ago though there were many attacks on Indian students studying here. I will say though that it's still a horrible place for the Aboriginal people of Australia. They face a lot of racism.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Overall, you're grossly misinformed. Then again, you're an Indian Aussie, and someone who doesn't know American issues as much as he thinks he does.

3) You also mean Obama here, as it was his idea and was enforcing that before Trump.

4) We get it, you hate Trump. But you're right, he is on a whole other level compared to previous Presidents. In fact, he's one of the best we've had in decades. All the good he's done is amazing.

OT: As far as I know, from watching many videos pertaining to Australian politics, it's almost as hectic as American politics when dealing with immigration and illegal immigration, and especially Human Rights, such as protesting and whatnot. I don't live there, so I have no real opinion on the matters, besides the typical "what I see is what I know."

1. Right. It's certainly not as if the majority of domestic terror attacks and plots are perpetrated by far-right white supremacists.And everyone knows ANTIFA is just as, if not more dangerous than alt-right groups.And the ADL certainly didn't say that 73.3% of U.S. extremist-related murders in the past decade were committed by right-wing extremists, including white supremacists.And it's certainly not as if between 2008 and 2016 right-wing extremists were behind nearly twice as many incidents of terror or terror plots as Islamists.

2. Yes, of course, Trump has never said anything racist or bigoted.Nor has he ever stoked racial divides, bigotry or hatred.

3. You're absolutely right.Of course.

4. Yup. One of the greatest presidents. He certainly didn't mishandle one of the biggest economic and health crises in recent history. Of course not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, yes, because why should anyone be able to complain about experiencing racism when they go to white-majority countries, right?

If you're not white, then they should be allowed to treat you like trash, right?

Nice.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree with point (4). For the time being, I would say Abraham Lincoln, John F Kennedy, Franklin Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, Dwight Eisenhower, George Washington were all better than Trump

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

Ah, yes, because why should anyone be able to complain about experiencing racism when they go to white-majority countries, right?

If you're not white, then they should be allowed to treat you like trash, right?

Nice.

Well said

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leem724 said:

As another Indian Aussie, I haven't experienced too much racism. Some subtle jabs here and there. About 10 years ago though there were many attacks on Indian students studying here. I will say though that it's still a horrible place for the Aboriginal people of Australia. They face a lot of racism.

That's sad, I wish the Aboriginal people the best of luck and it's sad that there were attacks on Indian students studying in Australia

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid: Well, I did say in decades, even if I'm off a single year. Even then, to each their own.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

It's their country, they should be able to do as they please. You're a guest.

game_king597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By game_king597

@cattlebattle: Wow, I guess then Every aussie who comes in my country deserves getting beaten, humilated and harassed publicly because IT IS OUR COUNTRY AND WE CAN DO ANYTHING WE PLEASE. THEY ARE GUEST.

well said then.

BaftDastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stayed a few months in WA and they're very discriminatory towards Aboriginals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice.

It's their country, they should be able to do as they please. You're a guest.

Well, clearly there's no arguing with you if this is your best line of reasoning. Have a good day.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 socajunkie  Moderator

Do aboriginals these days feel integrated and well appreciated?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stayed a few months in WA and they're very discriminatory towards Aboriginals.

Whereabouts did you go?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I walk the streets of Melbourne or Sydney with a bag of Riesling in one hand and a pipe in the other, I marvel at the calming sights. A police man peacefully bashes an Arab man because he heard him say "no Thankyou" to a bacon sandwich. A gang of Aussies in flip flops and blue singlets throw their empty beer bottles at an aboriginal group who were peacefully asking people for money and cigarettes. Aussie woman shout insults to the African woman and they encourage their kids to throw rocks at them.

All Asian people are made to crawl when they enter a store or public transport and if they refuse then they have their clothes ripped off of them.

BaftDastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArranVid

@arranvid: Well, I did say in decades, even if I'm off a single year. Even then, to each their own.

Ok :-)

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Australians are more inviting than 99.9% of the globe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do aboriginals these days feel integrated and well appreciated?

Not really. I think Australia is relatively good in terms of multiculturalism, but the treatment of and race relations with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is a serious problem.

Of course, there are problems on both sides. On one hand, the government is ballsing it up, and there's widespread racism amongst the more culturally backwards Australians and surprisingly, a lot of refugees and immigrants, but then you also have a severe lack of trust and receptiveness amongst the Indigenous communities. I'm not really gonna blame one or the other, because I'm not too well versed on the subject, but it's certainly a big problem.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deep down we are all white

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

TurtleTortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Word

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Deep down we are all white

Deep down I and everyone else red. What kind of monster freak are you that your blood is white and not red? eeww

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By dernman

@spareheadone: You don't have marrow which is Red and Yellow as you get older?

Edit: Multi colorism y'all. Nah Transcolorism would have been more accurate.

---------------------------------

There you go you can now say everyone is trans deep inside.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

I have eluded to trans colourism in a comment about hair : D

helenham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By helenham
game_king597

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine the irony of wanting a thread to be forgotten, and then bumping it with a comment about how it should be forgotten. Lol.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Imagine the irony of wanting a thread to be forgotten, and then bumping it with a comment about how it should be forgotten. Lol.

But it was already bumped and he was responding to that bump, tho?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san:

Yes, but in doing so, one would be reducing the likelihood that it gets buried by other posts.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red back, funnel web, blue ringed octopus

Taipan, Tiger snake, Adder, Box Jellyfish

stone fish and the poison thing that lives in a shell, that spikes you when you pick it up

Come to Australia

You might accidentally get killed

Your lifes constantly under threat

Have you been bitten yet?

You've only got 3 minutes left

Before a massive coronary breakdown

Red back, funnel web, blue ringed octopus

Taipan, Tiger snake, Adder, Box Jellyfish

Big shark, just waiting for you to go swimming

At Bondi Beach

Come on

Come to Australia

You might accidentally get killed

Your blood is bound to be spilled

With fear your pants will be

Filled

Because you might accidentally get killed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone:

Mate, as a local, I can tell ya, all those things aren't the main worry out here.

It's the bloody magpies ya gotta watch out for. Goddamn f***in demon birds, I say.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not our fault if people dont like the dropbears, you were given fair warning.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone:

Yeah, the season's comin.

Speaking of the swooping c**ts, I'm gonna go ahead and drop a little PSA.

TO ANY AND ALL TOURISTS, IMMIGRANTS ETC. CONSIDERING MOVING TO/VISITING AUSTRALIA, PLEASE BRING APPROPRIATE PROTECTIVE HEADGEAR, AND SECURE ANY CHILDREN OR PETS. SWOOPING SEASON WILL BEGIN SOON.

Loading Video...