Random Question(s) for smarter comic fans than myself

seth_magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As a preface of sorts, I should note that I'm virtually incapable of determining the worth (in terms of monetary value) of pretty much everything. I go off a much worse metric when making purchases: I want/like something. Much like how the children of millionaires go through their life, I have to assume - just, without the mass-amounts of wealth behind it.

So, in times of financial hardship (which, as you may have guessed, aren't exactly uncommon), not only is the idea of parting with any of my 'things' undesirable...but since they were purchased solely because I liked them, they're probably not worth anything anyway.

Nevertheless, I've come down to the wire, and am having to start selling my comics (as they're the only thing I own other than my car that has any potential value...and the money I need is to SAVE the car....). And, having never even considered that it would come down to this, I'm not entirely sure where to start...or even if it'd be worth it. So, my question(s) to you fine people:

If I were to sell the entire run of Ultimate Spider-Man (Vol. 01) 1-133 + Annuals 1-3:
a) would it be better to sell all together, or individually?
b) what kind of value would the run have - or what would be a good asking price*?
c) is it better to use eBay for something like this, or a comic-specific site?

* I realize that the quality of the books plays an important role in determining the worth, but just to ballpark it - let's assume that each book was purchased from a comic shop (no creases/tears/etc., but obviously handled by at least the shop owner prior to purchasing), taken home, read once, and then bagged/boarded/boxed. And the bags/boards are acid-free.

Any help or information or anything would be greatly appreciated - I'm just trying to determine if selling these books is going to make any impact on my current situation. If not...well, I guess I'll have to figure out how best to go about selling the rest of my collection/soul.

Also, sorry for the rambling - I've been up now for going on 3 days, trying to find additional work, getting my possessions organized for sale, and you know - just regularly enjoying the hyper-anxiety and gut-wrenching worry associated with being flat broke. Mind is all over the place, so I wouldn't be surprised if this post is, as well....but I am sorry for anyone reading through it. :(

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

It's better to sell as a lot. People may ask for specific issues, true, but that would leave you with the less popular issues.

My advice is to research how much it actually sold for and eBay it.