• 74 results
Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Clantern

Anyway, i would just like to ask about any CV users that have a PlayStation 3, and tell me there opinion on it, me, i am more of an 'Wii60' fanboy myself (well mainly Wii, it's the future :P) but i would like to know all the the pro's and con's of this system please, that would be great :D

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Clantern says:

"Anyway, i would just like to ask about any CV users that have a PlayStation 3, and tell me there opinion on it, me, i am more of an 'Wii60' fanboy myself (well mainly Wii, it's the future :P) but i would like to know all the the pro's and con's of this system please, that would be great :D"

The best things about that PS3 are the advanced graphics chips, memory chips, the fact that internet is free, the battery life on the controls is really good, you can charge the batteries, and the great games that it's responsible for. The only con is just the price, but it went down to 400 so there's really nothing wrong with this incredible system and i tell anybody with a brain to buy it.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Final Arrow

Eternal Chaos says:

"Clantern says:
"Anyway, i would just like to ask about any CV users that have a PlayStation 3, and tell me there opinion on it, me, i am more of an 'Wii60' fanboy myself (well mainly Wii, it's the future :P) but i would like to know all the the pro's and con's of this system please, that would be great :D"
The best things about that PS3 are the advanced graphics chips, memory chips, the fact that internet is free, the battery life on the controls is really good, you can charge the batteries, and the great games that it's responsible for. The only con is just the price, but it went down to 400 so there's really nothing wrong with this incredible system and i tell anybody with a brain to buy it."

Games come in at 50 quid buy four and you have bought your console again, Thats the only drag I feel about having one

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"PS3 is the worst system this gen and doesn't deserve to be discussed until it has an exclusive worth the money you have to pay for it."

Ok, Colt. Now you've pissed me off. Prove it. How's it the worst? I have a list of exclusives that are worth it. A LIST.

Metal Gear Solid 4

Resistance

Final Fantasy

Heavenly Sword

And a long list of other games. The 360 has the same number of games that are exclusives. The two systems are sharing the same games basically. So it comes down to would you rather have more story games, or FPS. That's about it.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazy spidey

Post Deleted.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crazy spidey

Eternal Chaos says:

"Colt Python says:
"PS3 is the worst system this gen and doesn't deserve to be discussed until it has an exclusive worth the money you have to pay for it."
Ok, Colt. Now you've pissed me off. Prove it. How's it the worst? I have a list of exclusives that are worth it. A LIST. Metal Gear Solid 4 Resistance Final Fantasy Heavenly Sword And a long list of other games. The 360 has the same number of games that are exclusives. The two systems are sharing the same games basically. So it comes down to would you rather have more story games, or FPS. That's about it."

I hate to partially agree with Colt, but at the moment the PS3 is really not doing well. At this very moment I would recommend a 360. However, the pS3 hands down has the most potential. THe graphics, the controls, and the games. The wii has that controller right, well I could imagine a similar controller for the PS3 in the future. I mean even now the controller has motion sensitivity. Overall I say Ps3 is the way of the future, but realistically the 360 is most playable at ots current status.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Clantern

Thanks my cousins had a ps3, i say 'had' because he sold it, "because it was the worst console ever" his words, not mine, i played on a PlayStation 3 and though it was rubbish and a waste of valuable time, because the 6 axis didn't work propperly, my cousin also though this and sent out for a replacement WHICH he had to pay for, when got his replacement he tried again, still to no avail, then he bought 6 other playstation 3 controllers, still to no avail.

I posted this thread on CV to understand if i was just a rookie, or is it the PS3?

I'd like to think the PS3 is good, but i'm not thinking that or changing my mind anytime soon, since the replys arn't really distcriptive :/

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eternal Chaos

crazy spidey says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
Ok, Colt. Now you've pissed me off. Prove it. How's it the worst? I have a list of exclusives that are worth it. A LIST. Metal Gear Solid 4 Resistance Final Fantasy Heavenly Sword And a long list of other games. The 360 has the same number of games that are exclusives. The two systems are sharing the same games basically. So it comes down to would you rather have more story games, or FPS. That's about it."
I hate to partially agree with Colt, but at the moment the PS3 is really not doing well. At this very moment I would recommend a 360. However, the pS3 hands down has the most potential. THe graphics, the controls, and the games. The wii has that controller right, well I could imagine a similar controller for the PS3 in the future. I mean even now the controller has motion sensitivity. Overall I say Ps3 is the way of the future, but realistically the 360 is most playable at ots current status."

The 360 only has more games for the simple fact that it came out earlier. By the begining of 08, it'll dominate the gaming field. The PS3 does have the motion detection (as seen in Spider-Man 3) but that's not the point. It's the best system out there. I prefer the PS3 over any other system to be honest.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Sparda

I like the Wii more, and plan to get a 360. I'd suggest that you do the same Clan :D

Although, I may, may get a PS3 if the price cut goes down a bit lower. But right now, outside of.....MGS4, none of the games out for it really interest me all that much.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Nighthunter

Well I'm a more wii fan however I got to admit

Wii has the most fun controller

The 360 has the better online play

The PS3 has the better graphics

However since the 360 came early and the wii's populrity they both have more 3rd party support

And noone can forget the future wii games that are probably gonna be incredible

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sparda

Colt Python says:

"Sparda says:
"I like the Wii more, and plan to get a 360. I'd suggest that you do the same Clan :D Although, I *may*, *may* get a PS3 if the price cut goes down a bit lower. But right now, outside of.....MGS4, none of the games out for it really interest me all that much."
I can understand you liking the Wii more.It all depends on what type of games you like.360 has most of what PS3 has so that "depends on what type of games you like" mentality doesn't fit with PS3."

I can understand anyone liking any system more (well....except, like, those 20 year old ones-IE: Atari's). I personally like the system cause Metroid, Zelda, Mario, and Smash are on it. But, after that, I found out all the cool features. Long live Virtual Console....

And, it's online is steadily growing. I can't resist Smash online. It's physically impossible for me.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vrakmul

In power the PS3 is second only to the computer, That alone should earn it respect. In innovation, it's just using stuff already invented before it but does manage to skillfully combine it all into a conveinient package so it gets an average score here. In Game Quality, It's good but no system has the true advantage there as they all have great games so it scores well there. In Kid appeal, This is the PS3's biggest weak point, Kids, who compromise a massive portion of gamers, won't find too much for them on the PS3, but they have alot of good kid friendly downloadable games so that saves it from totally failing, so it gets average here. Overall It gets an A. I see it and the Wii leaving the Xbox360 in the dust, after then I can't say, after all most people predicted the DS would be the death knell for nintendo as the PSP was

originally slaughtering the poor system, but soon the tables did turn and now the PSP has faded into obscurity, So anything could happen.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sparda

Eternal Chaos says:

"Colt Python says:
"1.Xbox and Wii are more affordable 2.Xbox and Wii have more games 3.Xbox and Wii have more 3rd party support 4.PS3's graphics are barely better than 360's 5.MGS4 isn't out yet and is only exclusive for now.Although Kojima is making the game Konami is distributing it so if they lose alot of money making it which alot of people have then Konami will port it to 360. 6.Final Fantasy is also not for sure exclusive 360 already has one and Wii has one set to come out.FFXIII doesn't even have a release date yet. 7.Resistance is a great game but sold 4 million less than Halo and 1 or two below Bioshock which I think is better than both Halo and Resistance. 8.Heavenly Sword has aweseom graphics and cinamatics but for the average gamer you only get 4 hours of gameplay and that's on a blu-ray disk that can hold 3 movies and loads of extras.Maybe even more movies then that. 9.360 has games in all the genres they just have the best FPS games.360 has the most RPG's and Fighting games currently."
Like I said about 3 times and Like I've mentioned in about every 500 system threads that come out. The 360 and Wii came out earlier than the PS3 so ofcourse they have more games. Within the year of 08, PS3 is going to dominate the field."

Um, what? The PS3 came out a week earlier than the Wii, dude.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"1.Xbox and Wii are more affordable 2.Xbox and Wii have more games 3.Xbox and Wii have more 3rd party support 4.PS3's graphics are barely better than 360's 5.MGS4 isn't out yet and is only exclusive for now.Although Kojima is making the game Konami is distributing it so if they lose alot of money making it which alot of people have then Konami will port it to 360. 6.Final Fantasy is also not for sure exclusive 360 already has one and Wii has one set to come out.FFXIII doesn't even have a release date yet. 7.Resistance is a great game but sold 4 million less than Halo and 1 or two below Bioshock which I think is better than both Halo and Resistance. 8.Heavenly Sword has aweseom graphics and cinamatics but for the average gamer you only get 4 hours of gameplay and that's on a blu-ray disk that can hold 3 movies and loads of extras.Maybe even more movies then that. 9.360 has games in all the genres they just have the best FPS games.360 has the most RPG's and Fighting games currently."

Like I said about 3 times and Like I've mentioned in about every 500 system threads that come out. The 360 and Wii came out earlier than the PS3 so ofcourse they have more games. Within the year of 08, PS3 is going to dominate the field.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vrakmul

Eternal Chaos says:

"Colt Python says:

Like I said about 3 times and Like I've mentioned in about every 500 system threads that come out. The 360 and Wii came out earlier than the PS3 so ofcourse they have more games. Within the year of 08, PS3 is going to dominate the field."

EC do you have any hopes for the PSP? I personally think it's got one last chance to redeem itself, but it probably won't work. The DS' lead is positively massive. And if Microsoft doesn't invest in handheld technology it's going to loose.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sparda says:

"Um, what? The PS3 came out a week earlier than the Wii, dude."

Oh? I thought it came out later. Well anyway, the issue is, PS3's technology is so new, so advanced, that creators aren't used to using that kind of system. Tech of this level requires time to adapt to. Ugh, once again, let's just call this a matter of opinion because we all few it differently and this is the same as every ten million threads made involving systems.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vrakmul

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sparda says:

Oh? I thought it came out later. Well anyway, the issue is, PS3's technology is so new, so advanced, that creators aren't used to using that kind of system. Tech of this level requires time to adapt to. Ugh, once again, let's just call this a matter of opinion because we all few it differently and this is the same as every ten million threads made involving systems."

Actually, Neither the Wii nor the PS3 are getting much love from 3rd party developers, they always dumb it down for the wii by so f*ing much and make it so damn hard to play for the Ps3. Developers are only beggining to realize that microsoft is doomed for sticking with dated technology. Personally I think Microsoft's console gaming half will suffer the same fate as sega.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sparda

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sparda says:
Oh? I thought it came out later. Well anyway, the issue is, PS3's technology is so new, so advanced, that creators aren't used to using that kind of system. Tech of this level requires time to adapt to. Ugh, once again, let's just call this a matter of opinion because we all few it differently and this is the same as every ten million threads made involving systems."

Yeah....the Wii and the PS3 are moreso innovative. There's bound to be screwups.

Yeah....another opinion thread, lol.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vrakmul

The 360 is doomed. It's quite obvious, Halo 3 will only let it live for so long. When it picked a Conventional controller and packed no new technology it was doomed from the start. Seriously they just made the old Xbox sleeker and more powerful, that's it. And they still have not invested in handheld technology. Thats a bad move. We may see bill gates on the streets one day, but that's not likely for now.
Post Edited:2007-10-31 18:00:15

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sparda says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
Yeah....the Wii and the PS3 are moreso innovative. There's bound to be screwups. Yeah....another opinion thread, lol."

Lol, exactly. They'll both end up out doing the 360 in the long run. I'm more than sure that once more people buy PS3's they'll just forget about their 360's and just play everything on the PS3. lol.

Dreadnaught says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
EC do you have any hopes for the PSP? I personally think it's got one last chance to redeem itself, but it probably won't work. The DS' lead is positively massive. And if Microsoft doesn't invest in handheld technology it's going to loose. "

I feel the PSP has hope, and I think it's a better system than the DS. I really don't like the DS because of that stupid little pen and too much Mario. Everytime I go to a video game store I surrounded by Mario so it seems society can't get over that italian stereotype.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sparda

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
Yeah....the Wii and the PS3 are moreso innovative. There's bound to be screwups. Yeah....another opinion thread, lol."
Lol, exactly. They'll both end up out doing the 360 in the long run. I'm more than sure that once more people buy PS3's they'll just forget about their 360's and just play everything on the PS3. lol. Dreadnaught says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
EC do you have any hopes for the PSP? I personally think it's got one last chance to redeem itself, but it probably won't work. The DS' lead is positively massive. And if Microsoft doesn't invest in handheld technology it's going to loose. "
I feel the PSP has hope, and I think it's a better system than the DS. I really don't like the DS because of that stupid little pen and too much Mario. Everytime I go to a video game store I surrounded by Mario so it seems society can't get over that italian stereotype."

I love my DS(s). I find the PSP to be better with ports while the DS to be better with original material. Phantom Hourglass, Ninja Gaiden, Contra 4, and the new Advance Wars are going to be amazing. And Dementium: The Ward....oh yeah.......

I don't really like the PSP all that much. Kinda boring.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By Final Arrow

I actually own both and Dread to say the Xbox 360 is doomed is just stupid, I play my 360 more due to the better games it has, I am looking forward to RES 4 , Which is now coming out on both consols, But I will get it for the PS3 for graphics, But for adforablity im sticking to my 360 thanks.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vrakmul

At least Nintendo won't nearly go bankrupt like the last console wars. I bet EA was about ready to buy nintendo during what I thought would be the end for good old 'tendo. Luckily the DS saved them. I shudder to think what EA would do with nintendo.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
You cannot say what PS3 will do in '08.Sony could totally take it off the shelves.It still losing exclusives as we speak and on top of that it's more expensive then Wii and PS3 after 2 price drops.360 and Wii have more games because there stealing all PS3's on top of having more support."

The PS3 has free online. That's gonna help it out. The main reason anybody bought a 360 was because they wanted to play online and because it was cheaper. The PS3 is currently $400 so it's price is no longer that much of an issue. I'm telling you, it'll dominate by mid 08. Now let's stop arguing this issue. It's another opinion thread.

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwingprodigalson says:

"Well I'm a more wii fan however I got to admit Wii has the most fun controller The 360 has the better online play The PS3 has the better graphics However since the 360 came early and the wii's populrity they both have more 3rd party support And noone can forget the future wii games that are probably gonna be incredible"

I know it has been said that PS3 has superior graphics but so far it doesnt really look much better then 360 graphics. I know now companies have found ways to make their games even more compatible with the ps3 console so i will judge it when metal gear comes out

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By crazy spidey

Heart of Infinity says:

"Nightwingprodigalson says:
"Well I'm a more wii fan however I got to admit Wii has the most fun controller The 360 has the better online play The PS3 has the better graphics However since the 360 came early and the wii's populrity they both have more 3rd party support And noone can forget the future wii games that are probably gonna be incredible"
I know it has been said that PS3 has superior graphics but so far it doesnt really look much better then 360 graphics. I know now companies have found ways to make their games even more compatible with the ps3 console so i will judge it when metal gear comes out"

thats not really arguable, however its not to an extremely majr extent. The ps3 has the best graphics, but to the naked eye this is not always visible, though moest of the time is... slightly

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sparda

Colt Python says:

"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
Lol, exactly. They'll both end up out doing the 360 in the long run. I'm more than sure that once more people buy PS3's they'll just forget about their 360's and just play everything on the PS3. lol. Dreadnaught says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
I feel the PSP has hope, and I think it's a better system than the DS. I really don't like the DS because of that stupid little pen and too much Mario. Everytime I go to a video game store I surrounded by Mario so it seems society can't get over that italian stereotype."
I love my DS(s). I find the PSP to be better with ports while the DS to be better with original material. Phantom Hourglass, Ninja Gaiden, Contra 4, and the new Advance Wars are going to be amazing. And Dementium: The Ward....oh yeah....... I don't really like the PSP all that much. Kinda boring."
In that it depends on what type of games you like that molds you opinion but.DS is doing way better than PSP.It's the best selling handheld of all time and even sold more then most consoles.On top of that it has 26 games on it selling a million copies or over and PSP has sold way less handhelds and only 4 of there games sold a million of over."

It beat out the original Gameboy?

Hot dang......all those N haters are wrong when they say that they're gonna die. Although I already knew that.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
You cannot say what PS3 will do in '08.Sony could totally take it off the shelves.It still losing exclusives as we speak and on top of that it's more expensive then Wii and PS3 after 2 price drops.360 and Wii have more games because there stealing all PS3's on top of having more support."
The PS3 has free online. That's gonna help it out. The main reason anybody bought a 360 was because they wanted to play online and because it was cheaper. The PS3 is currently $400 so it's price is no longer that much of an issue. I'm telling you, it'll dominate by mid 08. Now let's stop arguing this issue. It's another opinion thread."
Free Online means nothing when you have no good games to play on it...I'm not giving opinions only facts."

Like I keep mentioning, wait till 2008. It's still too young to talk. The Sentry Affect.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Colt Python says:
"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
I love my DS(s). I find the PSP to be better with ports while the DS to be better with original material. Phantom Hourglass, Ninja Gaiden, Contra 4, and the new Advance Wars are going to be amazing. And Dementium: The Ward....oh yeah....... I don't really like the PSP all that much. Kinda boring."
In that it depends on what type of games you like that molds you opinion but.DS is doing way better than PSP.It's the best selling handheld of all time and even sold more then most consoles.On top of that it has 26 games on it selling a million copies or over and PSP has sold way less handhelds and only 4 of there games sold a million of over."

It beat out the original Gameboy?

Hot dang......all those N haters are wrong when they say that they're gonna die. Although I already knew that.

"

Nintendo's doing better than the Days of the SNES. By alot. And those years were considered to be the best in all of gaming history.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
The PS3 has free online. That's gonna help it out. The main reason anybody bought a 360 was because they wanted to play online and because it was cheaper. The PS3 is currently $400 so it's price is no longer that much of an issue. I'm telling you, it'll dominate by mid 08. Now let's stop arguing this issue. It's another opinion thread."
Free Online means nothing when you have no good games to play on it...I'm not giving opinions only facts."

Like I keep mentioning, wait till 2008. It's still too young to talk. The Sentry Affect.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"At least Nintendo won't nearly go bankrupt like the last console wars. I bet EA was about ready to buy nintendo during what I thought would be the end for good old 'tendo. Luckily the DS saved them. I shudder to think what EA would do with nintendo. "

FALSEa again! You 2-2! Gamecube sold less consoles then the others but Nintendo is worth almost as much as a company as Sony in yen and american dollars and they only make games."

The gamecube was dying. It was nearly over for nintendo back then. So nintendo worked it's magic were none could match it, the handheld market. The DS was the only reason why nintendo survived to it's current golden age. In fact in the last years of it's life they nearly stopped making new games for it that weren't exclusives.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
Like I keep mentioning, wait till 2008. It's still too young to talk. The Sentry Affect."

All I see for 2008 is a bunch of games coming out for PS3 that will also be on the Xbox giving people no reason to get a PS3 except for media storage."

The Xbox 360 already threw it's trump card. It will only let the Xbox 360 survive for so long. And Halo 3 is the last of the trilogy. It's never good to send out your trump card early.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"All I see for 2008 is a bunch of games coming out for PS3 that will also be on the Xbox giving people no reason to get a PS3 except for media storage."

The Final Fantasties and MGS'. MGS is officially strictly for PS3. Along with Tekken.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Dreadnaught says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"All I see for 2008 is a bunch of games coming out for PS3 that will also be on the Xbox giving people no reason to get a PS3 except for media storage."
The Final Fantasties and MGS'. MGS is officially strictly for PS3. Along with Tekken."
Don't forget Killzone 2. "

Oh yeah. Thank you for that correction.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Vrakmul

Eternal Chaos says:

"Colt Python says:

The Final Fantasties and MGS'. MGS is officially strictly for PS3. Along with Tekken."

Don't forget Killzone 2.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
1.The Final Fantasy games aren't for sure exclusive and 360 already has one and Wii has one set to come out. 2.MGS4 is also not for sure exclusive.Kojima is making it put Konami is distributing it.If it costs too much to make it Konami will port it which is what has happened to most of PS3's games. 3.Tekken is exclusive as of now but so WAS Virtua Fighter 5."

No, Konami signed a contract if I'm not mistaken. MGS is, and always has been a strictly PS title. The crap that happened with MGS2 was because the game sucked. Those are totally different Final Fantasies. The one for PS3 is "cannon".

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sparda

Ok, WTF is up with the hype for Killzone 2? I mean.......the first one was okay (I played it), and it was massively hyped. It seems like it's happening again....a big flop, IMO. It's really p!ssing me off when I go to game sites and idiots diss off Metroid and praise how Killzone 2 is awesome when it's not even out yet.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vrakmul

Sparda says:

"Ok, WTF is up with the hype for Killzone 2? I mean.......the first one was okay (I played it), and it was massively hyped. It seems like it's happening again....a big flop, IMO. It's really p!ssing me off when I go to game sites and idiots diss off Metroid and praise how Killzone 2 is awesome when it's not even out yet."

I don't diss metroid I practicly worship it. It's just that since Killzone liberation did very well though not as well as it's counter part metroid prime hunters so I think Guerrilla got it right this time.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sparda says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
1.The Final Fantasy games aren't for sure exclusive and 360 already has one and Wii has one set to come out. 2.MGS4 is also not for sure exclusive.Kojima is making it put Konami is distributing it.If it costs too much to make it Konami will port it which is what has happened to most of PS3's games. 3.Tekken is exclusive as of now but so WAS Virtua Fighter 5."
No, Konami signed a contract if I'm not mistaken. MGS is, and always has been a strictly PS title. The crap that happened with MGS2 was because the game sucked. Those are totally different Final Fantasies. The one for PS3 is "cannon"."
MGS online, coming out for Xbox 360 next year."

That's not MGS4. It'll come out for PS3 anyway.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vrakmul

Colt Python says:

"Dreadnaught says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
Don't forget Killzone 2. "

Killzone 2 lost all credibility. The first one is supposed to be the Halo killer but had mediocre sales..and the developers made a fake gameplay video for the first one to show it off, when there was no way any game could look that good!"

If you compared a picture of a F-16 from ace combat 6 to the real one, You could hardly tell the diffrence. Though Ace Combat 6 does eat up quite a bit of memory it has graphics no game has ever had before and that was on the 360. The Ps3 has better graphics so it can surpass this though that would be very very very hard .

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sparda

Eternal Chaos says:

"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
No, Konami signed a contract if I'm not mistaken. MGS is, and always has been a strictly PS title. The crap that happened with MGS2 was because the game sucked. Those are totally different Final Fantasies. The one for PS3 is "cannon"."

MGS online, coming out for Xbox 360 next year.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sparda

Eternal Chaos says:

"Sparda says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
MGS online, coming out for Xbox 360 next year."
That's not MGS4. It'll come out for PS3 anyway."

Nope......MGSO is only 360. If it came out for PS3, then MGS4 would come out for 360. That's what Kojima said, I believe.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Vrakmul

When's Godzilla unleashed coming out? I also hope Red alert 3 and starcraft 2 come out soon. I got a rash waiting for them.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Colt Python says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Colt Python says:
Konami owns Kojima basically.Konami can do with MGS what ever they want.Final Fantasy XII has it's release date set to possibly 2009 but that's not written in stone it doesn't have a release date.Maybe it will be exclusive..maybe it won't but by the time it comes out it won't make much of difference for the console that has already lost a million dollars."

Here's the overall issue people. If you're having fun, than that's all that matters. Why are debating numbers, or sales? All we care about is having fun. Now I'm tired of this thread.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Sparda

I agree. Let's let this thread die in peace.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Dreadnaught says:

"In power the PS3 is second only to the computer, That alone should earn it respect."

I can't believe you said that; that statement really makes me laugh.

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You knew I would post here eventually CL.

Okay, the thing is, lets say the difference in graphics between an X-Box 360 and a PS3 are this much -

then this is the difference between PS3 and PC ----------.

PC is far superior.

Also, I think you can count all the GOOD games that are coming out exclusive for ps3 on one hand.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Valkaad

Here is my take. I own an XBOX360 and I think it sucks. It freezes up and says disc not readable all the time even with brand new game. I have 4 friends who own one and out of the 4 - 2 say theirs freezes up (disc not readable) on a regular basis, 1 has totally crashed (he only had it 6 months) and 1 says his "occasionally" says disc not readable. I don't own a playstation 3, but my playstation 2 NEVER once froze up! I think it is outrageous to buy a game system with brand new games and have it function so poorly. I recommend everyone to stay away from the 360!!!

Avatar image for terminal_velocity
Terminal Velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, I've heard bad things about the reliability. Nobody's I know who has one has broken. But I have heard lots of stories about it.

So you have 4 options.

Get a Wii, fun games, not amazing hardware, but the graphics aren't gonna kill your eyes.

Get a 360, excellent selection of games, good technical specs, may possibly decide to die on you (I've heard Microsoft are very nice about sending you out a new system or fixing your old one.)

Get a PS3, excellent technical specs, pretty much no games out at the moment, definately not enough to justify spending that much money.

If you really want a PS3, wait it out untill MGS4 comes out, that way you have a cheaper PS3 and probably the best game coming out on it.

Oh and the fourth option? Get a kickass PC and play games that look way better than PS3 graphics. (Probably going to ruin your bank account though)
Post Edited:2007-10-31 22:43:46

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By crazy spidey

Terminal Velocity says:

"Yes, I've heard bad things about the reliability. Nobody's I know who has one has broken. But I have heard lots of stories about it. So you have 4 options. Get a Wii, fun games, not amazing hardware, but the graphics aren't gonna kill your eyes. Get a 360, excellent selection of games, good technical specs, may possibly decide to die on you (I've heard Microsoft are very nice about sending you out a new system or fixing your old one.) Get a PS3, excellent technical specs, pretty much no games out at the moment, definately not enough to justify spending that much money. If you really want a PS3, wait it out untill MGS4 comes out, that way you have a cheaper PS3 and probably the best game coming out on it. Oh and the fourth option? Get a kickass PC and play games that look way better than PS3 graphics. (Probably going to ruin your bank account though)
Post Edited:2007-10-31 22:43:46"
dude to play crysis u need a 500 dollar graphics card... watsup with that
Post Edited:2007-10-31 22:44:08