Problem with Adult cartoon comedies

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why do so many Adult cartoons these days on TV channels or streaming channels have ugly art-styles that are crude and unappealing and using so much disturbing jokes to shock the viewers with too much graphic violence, copious amounts of swearing, Vulgar Humor and Toilet Humour. I've never understood why the writers of these shows try to be offensive for the sake of being offensive that it gets too ridiculous.

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They've always been like that in a way. Big Mouth is trash though I've finished multiple adult cartoon comedy series but that one was just trash.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

American adult cartoon comedies are relying too much on being edgy, raunchy and being too disgusting to shock people, Those end up being a lot more childish than most anime and cartoons aimed at kids.

It's like edgy 12 year olds are making these shows.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought everyone else must like that kind of thing

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do adult animated comedies like to go for too much sexual gross out humor all the time just to prove how adult they are on the channel?. Adult cartoon comedies are more immature and less creative than kids cartoons.

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@metalgary: Because the target audience enjoys that. South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. are all very funny at times.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

To some point, I want to say there is a link between how American's write cartoons in general. Of course, as cartoons, they are exaggerated, since the beginning of animation. But, I think it may fully fall on American animation writing being really cheap and overblown.

Unless the writing is focused or has a specific story to tell, it resorts to primitive humors. Even children animation, if the writers aren't focused, falls back on slapstick and toilet humor. Its just the bad writing that they allow to happen in animation sometimes, because "they're cartoons, they can be silly!"...and, with adult cartoons, now we can do the same thing. Just replace and/or add violence and sexuality to the list of things that can be overdone.

d^_^b

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InvadedTBD

South Park, Brickleberry and Drawn Together are my favorites.

But South Park is just ahead of the genre.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do so many Adult cartoons these days on TV channels or streaming channels have ugly art-styles that are crude and unappealing and using so much disturbing jokes to shock the viewers with too much graphic violence, copious amounts of swearing, Vulgar Humor and Toilet Humour. I've never understood why the writers of these shows try to be offensive for the sake of being offensive that it gets too ridiculous.

Well, what you call "adult" cartoons are just "Rated R" cartoons. There are tons of other cartoons that are suitable for adults. But since they are also suitable for younger audiances they are not shown during the "adult" cartoons' times.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
@metalgary said:

Well, what you call "adult" cartoons are just "Rated R" cartoons. There are tons of other cartoons that are suitable for adults. But since they are also suitable for younger audiances they are not shown during the "adult" cartoons' times.

It gets old how adult cartoon comedies always have to be over the top horrifyingly gross, be shocking, be offensive, have lots of blood, lots of swearing, have lots of sex, You don’t need constant sex jokes and graphic gore to make an adult show funny.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
@metalgary said:

It gets old how adult cartoon comedies always have to be over the top horrifyingly gross, be shocking, be offensive, have lots of blood, lots of swearing, have lots of sex, You don’t need constant sex jokes and graphic gore to make an adult show funny.

I don't know, because otherwise it's not an "adult" show, it's a "pg-13" show.
The thing is, what is an "adult" show for you ?
To me an adult show is a show that can only be seen by adults due to its content not suited for younger audience.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalGary

@jb681131 said:

I don't know, because otherwise it's not an "adult" show, it's a "pg-13" show.

The thing is, what is an "adult" show for you ?

To me an adult show is a show that can only be seen by adults due to its content not suited for younger audience.

The writers of adult cartoon comedies need to learn that they don't need to use gross art styles, and excessive gore, over the top swearing, and loads of sex jokes. you don't need to have that for an adult cartoon!.

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick and Morty is the only modern adult cartoon I like.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adult cartoon comedies have the same jokes which is "LOL sex is funny" "look how gross this is" and "oh you didn't expect that shock humor is totally not a shortcut to telling an actual joke". Its like adult cartoon comedies try to be as ugly and crude as possible to show they are mature so the channels can get lots of viewers.

I mostly watch Kids cartoons like Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, Wander Over Yonder or The Amazing World of Gumball because I honestly find those cartoons more mature and entertaining.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only one I care about is King of the Hill.

amnotcharizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adult Cartoons, you mean anime?😏😏😏😏😏

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They haven’t changed since 2000 at the latest. I’m getting bored of dark humour.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MetalGary

@drax5343 said:

They haven’t changed since 2000 at the latest. I’m getting bored of dark humour.

Its done so much these days with adult cartoon comedies it feels so immature like those are made by edgy 12 year olds.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drax5343 said:

@metalgary: Agreed

I've lost interest in those as the writers cannot do something different outside of shock humor and ugly art.

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@metalgary: Just because they don't appeal to you doesn't mean they are bad as a whole. A lot of people find them funny, and that's why they're so popular. Just go watch something else.

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it depends on what we're talking about. Like South Park is often crude, but there's also a decent amount of well written jokes and gags. Rick and Morty more or less revolves around odd, off the walls comedy with darker undertones. Metalocalypse is sorta in the same vein. King of the Hill was never too crude, not to my memory anyway. And shows like Xavier Renegade Angel are surreal comedy.

MetalGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it depends on what we're talking about. Like South Park is often crude, but there's also a decent amount of well written jokes and gags. Rick and Morty more or less revolves around odd, off the walls comedy with darker undertones. Metalocalypse is sorta in the same vein. King of the Hill was never too crude, not to my memory anyway. And shows like Xavier Renegade Angel are surreal comedy.

I'm talking about how too many adult cartoon comedies like to be over the top on the trashy and provocative side. Its bad when everything tries to be the next Family Guy or South Park. Thats when it gets too immature like an edgy pre-teen made the show.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art styles are relative, but as far as the humor offending people you can always not watch it. That works too. Personally I miss the non PC days of shows and cartoons which is why I love South Park, Rick & Morty, Beavis & Butthead, Family Guy etc the more offensive the better. I'll take those over woke trash like Velma any day...