Pro-wrestling discussion thread

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has Edge been on Raw or Smackdown since WrestleMania ?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MVP's Black Panther Attire is Great. What the Heck ? MVP is leaving the Ring and now enters Bobby Lashley vs R-Truth ?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Money In The Bank 2020 was Pretty Good.

I was surprised about the MVP vs R-Truth match when Bobby Lashley got involved. Lashley crushing R-Truth was a Lackluster Moment for the Night. I was kind of hoping to see MVP vs R-Truth instead.

Bayley vs Tamina was Good. I think the moment when Tamina ran off the ropes and Bayley had Tamina up on her back and Tamina fell on her because of the weight was hilarious. Tamina has to be over 200 lbs. Big Chick. Bayley rolling her up for the reverse pin was pretty good end to a Good Match.

Strowman vs Bray Wyatt was also a Good one. I figured Braun was not going back to being the Black Sheep again but they tried to build the suspense like something was going on there for a minute. Good Match. Will be happy to see The Fiend Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman since Braun laid hands on Wyatt pretty good tonight.

I only saw part of Rollins vs Mcintyre. Good match from what I saw. Glad they let Mcintyre keep the Belt.

Both the Women's and Men's MITB was Crazy. I liked the whole brawling in the WWE Corporate Center concept. Some nice surprises in the building. Brother Love ? Have not seen that Guy in Years. Well at least not in Character. Glad they let Otis win the Men's MITB. I was hoping that would happen. That Pot Belly Redneck amuses me Greatly. I wonder what the heck happened to Shayna Baszler in the Women's MITB though cause she went missing when the got to the Roof for the brawl for the briefcase. I mean getting thrown around by Nia Jax is not an easy thing but I would have like to seen her recover. Also King Corbin like threw Rey Mysterio and Aleister Black off the Roof of the Corporate Building.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otis and Asuka are Mr and Mrs Money In The Bank.

Very unexpected win, but a welcome one.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Has Edge been on Raw or Smackdown since WrestleMania ?

I don't think so.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be hilarious if Otis could somehow win one of the WWE Championships. I doubt it will happen though.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does WWE think we don't know those are different people under Lucha housparty masks? Does anyone even care about them anyway? Miz's time is over. He should move on to another aspect of WWE. Morrison still has time but he needs to partner with someone else. New Day needs to shake something up with their act. Forgotton sons could be something but WWE is the wrong environment or them. Fast forwarded the match. Don't care.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MVP, Lashley, R Truth. Couldn't care less about them but hat scene where R Truth slapped Lashley in the face made me laugh. Such a small thing. Anyway fast forward.

Tamina vs Bayley how are we suppose to take this match seriously? Tamina can only look tough but she loses everything. How does she still have a job? She's terrible on the mic and cant wrestle. Not to mention she gets gassed easily. Is Bayley darkening her skin color? I get trying to get a tan but she's going a bit far. Almost brown face far. Maybe it's the shitty video source making her look like that but she looks as dark as Sasha. Speaking of Sasha from the neck down she's hot. oh unpopular opinion but I don't like Bayley's butt. It looks too much like a guys baseball butt. Why didn't I fast forward that mach?

I'm surprisingly liking the Bray and Stroman match so far. Bray lost. I hope they're not turning him into a jobber again.

These hacker shorts are annoying seeing as they reveal nothing.

I think I'm going to fast forward the Drew and Seth match.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They turned the money in the bank match into a huge joke and a too long comedy skit. Waste

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder what Rob Van Dam is doing now ?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smoking weed.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@king_saturn said:

Smoking weed.

RVD done with Wrestling ? I thought he was supposed to make a WWE return a few years back.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@king_saturn said:

Smoking weed.

RVD done with Wrestling ? I thought he was supposed to make a WWE return a few years back.

Bunch of injuries prevent him or working for WWE. I believe he working for Impact last year, not sure about this year but in his words he's mostly aged out of the business.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9864 god_spawn  Moderator

Still haven't watched Raw or SD since Crown Jewel, but heard of the beginning of Raw.

Congrats to Becky and Asuka, Asuka for winning the belt and Becky's pregnancy.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I wonder how that's going to affect her career. It's going to take a hit. Might even come to an end especially when both are wrestler who're on the road.

Say she did come back. How long would that be? Give more than a year for pregnancy and recuperation/rebuild. Then more time because I don't see her bringing a baby on the road. She'll have maybe a small window in between then and schooling to get some time but she's 33 now. Doesn't leave much for her.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9866 god_spawn  Moderator

@dernman: I don't think it will necessarily take a hit. Her being 33 doesn't mean anything either. She has a safe style in-ring and you have women like Asuka and Baszler pushing 40, and they kill it all the time. You got both parents on the same brand or grandparents can watch the kid. It's happened before with the kids being brought on the road. Or they split brands, so one can be home while the other is at the show. Now, that doesn't mean it'll will be an easy decision, and I'm spit-balling here. But I think Becky getting a break is a good thing for her and the business. WWE has been overly reliant on her and Charlotte for so long. And as of right now, Becky has done everything as the champion. I thought her actually dropping the belt back at the rumble would've been a good idea and just have her chase for a bit, give her a different dynamic. I thought she should've dropped it to Baszler, but that didn't happen. Now they have to let someone else carry the division for awhile, and outside of Baszler, Asuka or Kairi would've made the most sense since they're the 2 best on the Raw roster.

Obviously, going forward it will be a very different dynamic for Seth and Becky, and we're just looking at the perspective. I won't say Becky is gonna hang it up, I don't think she will. She loves this business more than anything. But what they do is something I don't think we can accurately say will happen, what should, and it isn't our place to either.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Randy Orton challenge Edge to a Wrestling Match on RAW when Orton just lost to Edge in a Last Man Standing match at Wrestlemania ? Seems, kind of weird. Not that that Orton is challenging Edge but it being just a regular match when Edge was able to beat him in a more brutal match on a bigger stage.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought the idea of Lex Luger being WWF Champion would have been weird. Luger was Good though. I think The Total Package had a much better WCW run IMO.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate that Sting got hurt in the WWE. Dude was one of my favorite Wrestlers. Yeah, he was Old but so what. Goldberg is Old too and his ass is still out there botching stuff like crazy with his 3 - 5 minute matches.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shad Gaspard died.

In a sad but inevitable end to the story that began on Sunday, the body of former WWE star Shad Gaspard was found and identified by LAPD early Wednesday morning, according to a report from local news station KTLA5. Gaspard, 39 years old, was caught in a riptide while swimming in the ocean with his 10-year-old son. When lifeguards attempted to save Gaspard, along with other swimmers caught in the ocean during the event, Gaspard told them to save his son first. Gaspard was last seen submerging and then not again until his body was found Wednesday morning.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shad was the Big Guy in Crime Time I think...

Wow, that's sad as hell. This whole year has been Awful honestly.

Rest In Peace

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Undertaker documentary The Last Ride is really Good.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Shad

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver is one of the Best Finishers in Wrestling History. Shawn Michaels Sweet Chin Music and Goldberg's Jackhammer are also Great Finishers.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate that Sting got hurt in the WWE. Dude was one of my favorite Wrestlers. Yeah, he was Old but so what. Goldberg is Old too and his ass is still out there botching stuff like crazy with his 3 - 5 minute matches.

That is because Goldberg was NEVER a good wrestler, he was just the beneficiary of a massive hype-machine.

When William Regal can not even drag the lumbering, talentless, meathead to a good match, you suck.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

RIP Shad; so good of him to make sure that his son was safe. I do remember the Cryme Tyme tag team gimmick, it was just doing a very frustrating time in my life.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

That is because Goldberg was NEVER a good wrestler, he was just the beneficiary of a massive hype-machine.

When William Regal can not even drag the lumbering, talentless, meathead to a good match, you suck.

Well I would rather watch an Old somewhat healthy Sting than an Old Goldberg. It just sucks that a lot of these Old Geezers get to keep wrestling and Sting can not.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wouldn’t mind watching Double Or Nothing but $49.99 is steep

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I, really don’t get the reason for a comparison between Goldberg and Sting.

Sting has cervical spinal stenosis (which as far as we know, he still refused to get surgery for) and Goldberg doesn’t. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I, really don’t get the reason for a comparison between Goldberg and Sting.

Sting has cervical spinal stenosis (which as far as we know, he still refused to get surgery for) and Goldberg doesn’t. It’s like comparing apples and oranges.

It could be because you did not read the original post that started the conversation.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9881  Edited By Mike_Fowler

@king_saturn:

Or, it could be that I DID read the original post, and the very specific reason I asked is because I don’t see the reason for the comparison when his situation was less to do with age and more to do with wear and tear on the neck

Please, don’t make assumptions, it’s asinine, in particular when I’m mainly asking a question. Also, don’t think I’m angry or anything, I’m just clarifying

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9882 god_spawn  Moderator

RIP Hana Kimura.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

Or, it could be that I DID read the original post, and the very specific reason I asked is because I don’t see the reason for the comparison when his situation was less to do with age and more to do with wear and tear on the neck

Please, don’t make assumptions, it’s asinine, in particular when I’m mainly asking a question. Also, don’t think I’m angry or anything, I’m just clarifying

If you read the original post you would not need clarification. It's clear what my point was. I said already that I hated that Sting got hurt which is the point of already knowing about his neck. I said I do not care that he is old and gave a comparison of another wrestler who is old and not even wrestling good in Goldberg. It's that simple.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RIP Shad.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many talented Wrestlers died Young. It's really sad.

Kaizergenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What show did Kimura appeared in?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9888 god_spawn  Moderator
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Side of The Ring with Owen Hart was very Sad. I just wonder why Vince had Owen Hart go with the Blue Blazer gimmick again anyways ? Owen Hart was pretty awesome as Owen IMO. He was basically Chris Jericho level technical worker with Okay Interview Presence.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AEW Double Or Nothing was the first ppv I’ve purchased since the first All In show and worth it IMO.

Undercard wasn’t overwhelming but the Women’s Title match, Mox vs Brodie Lee and Stadium Stampede matches all delivered.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AEW Double or Nothing Stadium Stampede match is a must see. Wrestling purists will hate it, most will love it. Sammy Guevara seems to steal the show. He took a sick drop from the stadium bleachers down to the main level.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@just_sayin: Why will they hate it?

Yeah purists who want wrestling to look "real" will really hate the last match between the Elite and the Inner Circle. There are over the top comedy spots like every time they dunk Matt Hardy in the pool he arises in a different costume and version of himself and them running a football paint striper over a fallen Chris Jericho and leaving a stripe on him from his crotch to the top of his head.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9895  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Top to bottom the PPV was good for the most part, IMO. I don’t think this was my favorite Cody match but the story told over Archer was great. Didn’t make him look weak. Same with Mox and Brodie. Great match and a good end to save both of them. Women’s title match was also really good, probably the best women’s match since Rhea and Baszler IMO this year. I’m more than happy they put the belt on Shida over Nyla. She’s still kind of green IMO and Shida is just a head over the rest of division. She more than deserves it.

MJF and Jungle Boy was much better than I thought it was gonna be and just a good match all around. Had a bit of that old school heel and face feel to it. The Stadium Stampede was also perfect. Statlander and Ford was good for what it was, and the Best Friends vs Private Party was good too.

Things I didn’t care for. The ladder seemed sloppy at times. I know people were excited for Brian Cage but I’ve never been a fan. I get he’s super athletic. Maybe Tazz as his mouthpiece or manager will change that. And the comedy match with Spears and Dustin was a waste of time. Spears seems like he is getting no better treatment here than he was in WWE but whatever. He could be a solid heel feud for anyone if they wanted.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: that was the POOL OF REINCARNATION! not any normal waters 😂😂😂

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@just_sayin: Why will they hate it?

Yeah purists who want wrestling to look "real" will really hate the last match between the Elite and the Inner Circle. There are over the top comedy spots like every time they dunk Matt Hardy in the pool he arises in a different costume and version of himself and them running a football paint striper over a fallen Chris Jericho and leaving a stripe on him from his crotch to the top of his head.

yeah I can see them not liking that and have to sometimes agree. I mean I love it when Undertaker did his thing but he's a character wrestler I give it a pass. Same or Bray Wyatt. Still some go to far or don't work. SOme should just stay in the lower cards and not the higher ones. Know what I mean? It's situational for me. I'll give the clips a look or even maybe watch the whole show I can find it.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mox vs Cage at Fyterfest

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NXT and developmental talent as the “crowd” tonight at Raw.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9900  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jake_fury said:

Mox vs Cage at Fyterfest

Nvm. Just looked up and it is happening. Too soon IMO, but whatever.

@jake_fury said:

NXT and developmental talent as the “crowd” tonight at Raw.

Also, definite AEW effect.