Pro-wrestling discussion thread

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Both Raw and Smackdown champion matches were terrible. While I'm glad the titles were taken away from their holders.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrestlemania night 1 was horseshit from what I’ve heard aside from the boneyard match. Zero reason for them to take the belt off Rhea this soon and bury Baszler last night. Vince really is deconstructing everything and I say for the first time in a long time, I’m glad I haven’t watched WWE in over a month now.

I'm not trying to defend night 1 but how can you call it horseshit if you didn't watch it and only heard about it?

Was Baszler buried or did she just lose? Becky kinda didn't even win strait up. Still I'd rather Baszler had won and establish her as a monster right away.

While it was not good that Rhea lost so soon I also thought it was too soon to beat someone like Flair. So for me it's a lose either way. There is hope though in the sense that Flair wont hold the title long. Do you see her wanting to take a step back and be NXT champion? Meaning Rhea will get it back soon. Then again with the virus everything is up in the air.

---------------------------------------------

Edit: Having read what I posted it could seem I'm having two different rules. One for Rhea and another for Bazler on how it should have been handled but they have different context,/baggage that go along with them.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dernman: sigh, I feel like these days the word burial has lost what it means when people use it just when a wrestler loses.

Brock completely mud stomping Ricochet in under two minutes would be a burial. The way DDP was treated when he came from WCW and made a stalker of Taker’s then wife and getting pinned by her is a burial. Zack Ryder in 2012 was a burial of a guy who got himself over through his own means.

Baszler losing to Becky in a competitive match where it’s played as Becky making it by the skin of her teeth ain’t a burial. Besides, I’d say she was already established as a monster when they fed every competitor in the elimination chamber to her (including Asuka).

Sorry, just wanted to back up what you said in regards to the fact that she simply lost.

Ok, so, this Wrestlemania was probably the most entertaining one to me since 31, with the FFH and Boneyard matches being absolute highlights. Between seeing Biker Taker again vs what was practically a deconstruction of John Cena, I don’t know which one I can say I preferred, but I lived the storytelling told with both of them

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to watch WWE all the time, and now I'm bored with it.

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9805 God_Spawn  Moderator

@dernman: Because I can keep tabs and I have friends that wrestle and actually know what they are talking about and talk to them what happened? It’s that simple. And a match can go to shit just based on how it ends just like an ok match can be saved by a good ending. And point is it doesn’t matter if Charlotte holds onto the belt for whatever length of time. Rhea’s been built up and got over and only had 1 title defense. Of course Charlotte wasn’t going to put her over or Vince. He gave Rhea Survivor Series, that’s it. Rhea has had an organic build, had a good feud with Baszler and we haven’t seen organic in general like that too often.

So now what then? Charlotte runs roughshod over NXT girls and show that the best brand isn’t good enough? It’s not developmental anymore, it’s a third brand at this point. And Rhea had 1 defense against Belair and then they saved her for Charlotte. Rhea should’ve been perfectly capable of beating her. Rhea already had the chase.

In retrospect, if anyone actually needs to chase for awhile, Becky does. This is 2 times they messed up with Baszler. They gave Charlotte the rumble win instead of her, they had Baszler absolutely decimate the women’s chamber match, only for Becky to sneak by with that rear choke roll up that’s been used quite a bit. Becky has done everything in that division and beat everyone, having Baszler take the belt after a fight should’ve happened.

And after all of this it just shows Vince doesn’t think any of the NXT people are good enough to beat the main roster. I said it before, he gave them their one, and that’s it. Charlotte doesn’t need the belt for whatever reason and Becky would actually be better off without for a few months. And it’s showing the division, or lack there of, is just Charlotte and Becky again.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think what is rather gripping about WrestleMania 36 is it seems like both WWE Championship Matches was Very Underwhelming. I mean I was not expecting a 6 Star Match from Goldberg vs Braun Strowman but I was hoping we would have gotten more than a few Spears and a few Powerslams. It took longer for Goldberg to get to the Ring than the Match lasted in duration and even Brock Lesnar vs Mcintyre was Underwhelming. I was hoping for a little more with this one. It felt like between both matches we hardly got 6 or 7 minutes of actual action and that's pretty pathetic.

The Good Note is that Mcintyre and Braun Strowman won, which was very much Needed.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Definitely enjoyed Night 1 of Mania more but the Firefly Funhouse match was great and I’m glad Drew is now the WWE champion.

The Rhea/Charlotte booking was just typical disappointing WWE booking at its finest

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what is next for the WWE Champions ? I would like to see Braun Strowman face The Fiend Bray Wyatt in a WWE Title Match. Drew Mcintrye against who ?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9809  Edited By dernman

@king_saturn said:

So what is next for the WWE Champions ? I would like to see Braun Strowman face The Fiend Bray Wyatt in a WWE Title Match. Drew Mcintrye against who ?

If Seth didn't just lose and isn't always in the title shot I would say him but he is, so no.

Have we seen him and AJ go at it yet?

Honestly I looked up the roster and if it's accurate nothing really sticks out to me.

WWE Raw Male Wrestlers

• AJ Styles
  • Akam
  • Akira Tozawa
  • Aleister Black
  • Andrade
  • Angelo Dawkins
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Cedric Alexander
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Drew McIntyre
  • EC3
  • Eric Young
  • Erick Rowan
  • Erik
  • Ivar
  • Humberto Carrillo
  • Jey Uso
  • Jimmy Uso
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Karl Anderson
  • Kevin Owens
  • Luke Gallows
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Montez Ford
  • No Way Jose
  • Randy Orton
  • Ricochet
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Rezar
  • Rusev (injured)
  • R-Truth
  • Sin Cara
  • Samoa Joe (suspended)
  • Seth Rollins
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Titus O'Neil
  • Zack Ryder
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, John Cena vs Bray Wyatt is the best match in Wrestlemania 36. It's a misunderstood masterpiece, and kids will clearly hate is as they won't understand a thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

In my opinion, John Cena vs Bray Wyatt is the best match in Wrestlemania 36. It's a misunderstood masterpiece, and kids will clearly hate is as they won't understand a thing.

Misunderstood? I heard most fans liked it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like they're going for Big Show. Honestly, AJ should get a shot and probably will. I would love to see Mysterio get another main event push though.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

It's a split. OG wrestling fans mostly loved it, while the newer ones hated it.

PenguinReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boneyard Match was awesome, Firefly FunHouse match was a let-down tbh. but it's okay, I see it as an extended promo/vignette that did it's job in kicking the can down the road until we get a real match between Cena and The Fiend.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE sucks nowadays. I stopped watching it in 2016.

PenguinReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WWE sucks nowadays. I stopped watching it in 2016.

Why would you stop watching in 2016? that was WWEs best year in the 2010s. Jericho with the List; the Cena and AJ feud, AJ debut at the Rumble, Dean Ambrose winning the WWE title, the Ambrose and AJ feud, Enzo & Cass, Brock Vs Goldberg, Shane McMahon returning. I agree WWE has sucked for the last couple of years but in 2016 it was damn good.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@king_saturn said:

If Seth didn't just lose and isn't always in the title shot I would say him but he is, so no.

Have we seen him and AJ go at it yet?

Honestly I looked up the roster and if it's accurate nothing really sticks out to me.

WWE Raw Male Wrestlers

• AJ Styles
  • Akam
  • Akira Tozawa
  • Aleister Black
  • Andrade
  • Angelo Dawkins
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Cedric Alexander
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Drew McIntyre
  • EC3
  • Eric Young
  • Erick Rowan
  • Erik
  • Ivar
  • Humberto Carrillo
  • Jey Uso
  • Jimmy Uso
  • Jinder Mahal
  • Karl Anderson
  • Kevin Owens
  • Luke Gallows
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Montez Ford
  • No Way Jose
  • Randy Orton
  • Ricochet
  • Rey Mysterio
  • Rezar
  • Rusev (injured)
  • R-Truth
  • Sin Cara
  • Samoa Joe (suspended)
  • Seth Rollins
  • Shelton Benjamin
  • Titus O'Neil
  • Zack Ryder

I was going to say Bobby Lashley vs Drew Mcintyre could be Interesting but Lashley lost to some dude at WM36. Samoa Joe also could be an interesting matchup if he was not Suspended.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Looks like they're going for Big Show. Honestly, AJ should get a shot and probably will. I would love to see Mysterio get another main event push though.

Big Show, eh well I guess that would be a nice test for Mcintyre to run through. AJ Styles vs Mcintyre would be very nice to See.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9819  Edited By dernman

@god_spawn: Welp believe it or not but it looks like Ripley's loss came at the right time since she wont be appearing anytime soon. She had to go home to Australia do to visa expiration and now they're not letting her come back.

Edit: Looks like she is still in the US but the visa is still an issue so she might not be able to work.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: He lost to Tommy End, lol I think he would actually be a better contender for the title rather than Bobby because I'm pretty sure we saw that feud in TNA.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@major_hellstrom said:
@lan_fan said:

Really? I've heard nothing but praise for it. A lot of people are having fun dissecting it. Personally, I'm torn between that and the Boneyard Match. I loved both for different reasons lol.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@major_hellstrom said:
@lan_fan said:

Really? I've heard nothing but praise for it. A lot of people are having fun dissecting it. Personally, I'm torn between that and the Boneyard Match. I loved both for different reasons lol.

Yes. Look at the top 2 comments on Instagram and the likes. Fans are pretty split. People who don't understand it treat it as the absolute worst thing ever, and this makes them very loud about it.

No Caption Provided

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

A RIP for Howard Finkel. His ring announcer voice was so recognizable. He was the ring announcer for WWE just before Lillian Garcia.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been a bad week for the WWE. Not only did Howard Finkel just pass away but they had to let go like 18 Wrestlers and Staff including Rusev and Kurt Angle. I think they let go Gallows and Anderson too.

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man these empty arena shows are tough to watch. I appreciate these guys still trying to entertain us but every match just comes off flat without a crowd reaction.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how long we will have to go where these shows will be with empty arenas ? I mean it maybe like this for quite some time still.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Rusev to AEW sounds like a good idea. I would not mine seeing Rusev match up with Jack Swagger in AEW.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Ted Dibiase would have been a Good WWF Champion. I feel like they let Hogan hold the WWF Championship too long without any resistance.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Ted Dibiase would have been a Good WWF Champion. I feel like they let Hogan hold the WWF Championship too long without any resistance.

Hogan and Savage and later Ultimate Warrior were so popular, and vince loved his good guy champions, that Ted didn't really get a chance to shine as champion. He always made them look good in the ring. I seem to remember that Ted Dibiase was being groomed for a run at the NWA championship, unfortunately Ric Flair was also being groomed and had a lot more charisma at the time.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Hogan and Savage and later Ultimate Warrior were so popular, and vince loved his good guy champions, that Ted didn't really get a chance to shine as champion. He always made them look good in the ring. I seem to remember that Ted Dibiase was being groomed for a run at the NWA championship, unfortunately Ric Flair was also being groomed and had a lot more charisma at the time.

I think it's weird though that Vince did not see the possibility in having a Heel be WWF Champion for at least a little while to give the Face something to fight for in a more legitimate way. I mean if the Face always wins then it's just expected that Dibiase is gonna get his ass kicked regardless.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@king_saturn: WWF in the golden era existed where only a select few got to be Champion. Its one of the main things I love about Wrestling now as opposed to then. Razor Ramon, Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, Ted Dibease, Mr Perfect, Rick Ruude would have all been champions today if they where the draw that they were back then.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@king_saturn: WWF in the golden era existed where only a select few got to be Champion. Its one of the main things I love about Wrestling now as opposed to then. Razor Ramon, Ricky Steamboat, Roddy Piper, Ted Dibease, Mr Perfect, Rick Ruude would have all been champions today if they where the draw that they were back then.

Indeed

I always hated that so many talented wrestlers never got to be WWF Champion back then. I mean even though I liked Macho Man and Hulk Hogan. I always thought there was room for more to be WWF Champion. I mean Hogan held the Belt for like 4 years straight. To me that's way too long. 2 Years tops.

Kaizergenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me the best WWE shows ran around the attitude era up to the time when the concept of RAW vs. SMACKDOWN was introduced, before the trades and draft lottery were introduced.

Best moments when the corporation is always hoarding and bullying the entire show, and only a few stood against them. Also loved the times when Stone Cold was running loose stunning everyone else! Even the commentators for Raw (Good 'ol JR and the King) and Smackdown (Taz and Cole) back then were great and funny.

I also loved the rise and fall of the group Evolution. Like, Naitch always MVP WWWWOOOOOOOoooo!!!!

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin said:
@king_saturn said:

I think it's weird though that Vince did not see the possibility in having a Heel be WWF Champion for at least a little while to give the Face something to fight for in a more legitimate way. I mean if the Face always wins then it's just expected that Dibiase is gonna get his ass kicked regardless.

McMahon has a long history in favoring the face. Roddy Piper was never champion. If anyone deserved it he did. Superstar Billy Graham was over way more than Bob Backlund, but Backlund held the belt for about 4 years and Graham 1. Graham is actually an exception, there are few heels in that era who held the belt more than just a few months. They were generally transitional champions to get the belt on another face.

Kroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Attitude era is the prime of WWE.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think Sheamus is being wasted now. He is a great talent and works as a great heel. Now he is just being fed low and mid cards. Put him up against worthier opponents or put him on a run for the belt.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9838  Edited By dernman

@joshtaku said:

I honestly think Sheamus is being wasted now. He is a great talent and works as a great heel. Now he is just being fed low and mid cards. Put him up against worthier opponents or put him on a run for the belt.

They can't. He has too many health issues to be one of the top guys. That's why they keep trying to prolong his career with either having him part of a tag team, why he bulked down, and now is being fed fodder to look tough. To be a top star would require more constant physical strain and effort when he needs to limit it.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9839  Edited By JoshTaku

@dernman: So he's going to end up like Dolph Ziggler? Still though, such a waste. He never fails to get me riled up whenever he goes up to the ring.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9840  Edited By dernman

@joshtaku said:

@dernman: So he's going to end up like Dolph Ziggler?

Dolph Ziggler is in top shape physically. So his reasons are different but ya his career has peaked and his best years are behind him. Dolph on the other hand can always leave and try another company. I get the impression that he's comfortable where he is and doesn't have the drive though.

Kroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshtaku: He's just returned and keeps on feeding with jobbers because that's what they do to build someone up. I actually feel positive with him possibly going with it against Jeff Hardy. It would be a hell of a feud and I want them going back and forth against each other until they reach again a top-card status. Smackdown lacks top contenders right now.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Steiner aka Big Poppa Pump was probably one of the funniest guys when it came to Promos.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

Yes, but for all the wrong reasons, same as Sid back in the day.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

Yes, but for all the wrong reasons, same as Sid back in the day.

Yeah, Sid would have some really bad blunders as well. I guess we could only expect that since he only has "Half The Brain" that we do.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

Assuming he even knew he was live in tv anyway, he might just think he could do multiple takes.

I will say though, hall and Nash’s reaction was perfect.

And if Scott hall looks at you like you are a moron, it is bad.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Money in the Bank is Next Week.

I am hoping Shayna Baszler wins the Women's MITB and Otis wins the Men's MITB

Kaizergenocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's already a Women's Money in the Bank in WWE? Wow.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

There's already a Women's Money in the Bank in WWE? Wow.

The MITB for the Women's and Men's Champion will happen at the event. I think it's pretty awesome. Still going to be weird without the Crown there.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i have this weird feeling Rollins is going to get the Belt at MITB only to lose it at SummerSlam and I don't think that will be the right desision.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not mine Seth Rollins winning the WWE Universal Championship just not this soon. Let Mcintyre hold the Belt for at least a while.