Pro-wrestling discussion thread

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#9601  Edited By SC  Moderator

This is the first time, in a long time, I actually remember enjoying the main roster PPV more than the NXT PPV.

Big props to Finn Balor for helping Bray look great. You can tell that they at the very least really respect each other, and Finn was going all out to make The Fiend look terrifying. He could have downplayed it or tried to put on a stone face, but he reacted with shock and awe to really put The Fiend over extra. I also appreciate that commentary was silent during The Fiend's entrance. I liked the remix of Bray's theme, Head Lantern was great, liked the in ring match too, even though was short. Really hope WWE doesn't screw this up.

Velvet Dream vs Strong vs Dunne was my next highlight of the weekend/week, lots of neat spots and character work, felt sorry for Ember Moon and Bayley, because I think they put on a great match, but crowd weren't into it and I understand why, as the build up was meh. Knew Ziggler would get squashed by Goldberg, I don't like Goldberg, but I found Ziggler's post match antics all kinds of hilarious. I kind of wished Ziggler shoot insulted Goldberg and teased that if Regal was here, Goldberg would get his &$# whooped. Ziggler made Goldberg look great though, his selling is amazing. At least Goldberg's current last match is that awful Saudi match vs Taker.

Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole. Baby. Was good, I enjoyed it, ditto Io and Candice. I've always liked Io, but am particular glad with her as Heel. Her theme, mannerisms, booking has been great so far. Was actually decently surprised with how much I liked Seth vs Lesnar. I wasn't expecting much, but yeah. Oh and I am feeling good things about the OC. At least more optimistic. Not sure why, they just seem more cohesive, and the fact they all have championships too helps, just seems like they have a lil bit more freedom to be themselves. Oh, also Becky and Natalya was good! I am glad that the Boss is back though.

Still have NJPW G1 Climax to go.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@straight-fire: Lashley and Orton are ridiculously talented and incredible athletes. It’s just the potential they have if they were booked properly. I want Orton as a monster heel, keep that hyper intelligent and cruel mental game he used to play when he had that fantastic heel phase from 05-09 but make him dominating, have him squash people. I see him losing or being outdone by people he shouldnt be constantly.

Lashley could be a force of nature and one of the most dominant superstars, he could take Lesnar’s place as that legitimate beast but he isn’t being booked or afforded the proper opportunities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love her. I'm ready for Asuka.

Loading Video...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9604  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Been watching old vids all night, Stone Cold and The Rock. Could run a promo like no one's business.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summer slam was awesome except for the bs finish to Orton vs Kingston. They could have had Orton get over confident and taunt Kingston's family causing him to lose and set up for a no DQ rematch.

Heck they could have used that loss to make Orton snap and have a genuinely terrifying heel once again.

My favorite match was Dream vs Strong vs Dunne, so much character and charisma in one match. I can't wait to see who dream will face next.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

8 teams announced for the new XFL; being a Tampa Bay Buccaneer, I think I like the Tampa Bay Vipers, as well; starts playing in February 2020, right around or after the Superbowl.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Happy birthday to Linda McMahon. Just started on Fox and the pay per view Hell in a Cell tonight. Seth Rollins and Brock is the new match from Brock and Kurt about 16-17 years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da6a6fe1bd3f
deactivated-5da6a6fe1bd3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell in the Cell ending was sooooo bad GSUS

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9609  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I had almost no complaints about HIAC ( Becks wins, Kabuki Warriors as tag champs, Reigns, Bryan etc) until Charlotte beat Bayley (Im tired of Charlotte in the title picture) and the obvious ending to the universal championship match. But after Kofi jobbing to Brock and this crap last night, they had to make up for actually having 2 good products this week in Raw and NXT and wreck shit.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Maybe wrestling isn't as uninspiring as I think it's been. Maybe it's me and wrestling just doesn't do it for me. I fast forward through most of WWE and AEW hasn't lived up to the hype. Other indies have their own issues.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Heel Bayley is best Bayley.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AEW Full Gear pay-per-view was an awesome show. The match with Cody vs Jericho was phenomenal. MJFs heel turn had fans throwing beers at him as he walked back to the locker room.

Rey Phoenix was spectacular in the 3 way tag team match.

The lights out match with Kenny Omega and John Moxley was hard to watch and over the top violent.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NXT is so good, way better than the main show.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate that we never got our Undertaker vs Sting match. I swear a match between The Undertaker and Sting in like 2000 would have been awesome.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lights out match with Kenny Omega and John Moxley was hard to watch and over the top violent.

Wasn't sure I wanted to watch it but now I'm more inclined too. Wrestling's gotten to light imo.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: it’s really not that “over the top”. But they do a good job in making the illusion that it is. And the match is pretty darn good.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9619  Edited By dernman

@mike_fowler: That's what I would think. It's hard to get "over the top" violent with wrestling because it's all an illusion. Unless you're like New Jack who literally tries to hurt the people he works with.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9620  Edited By just_sayin

@dernman said:
@just_sayin said:

Wasn't sure I wanted to watch it but now I'm more inclined too. Wrestling's gotten to light imo.

I saw it live. I certain some spots are not what they appear to be (like candy glass instead of real glass), but even still what was "real" was pretty brutal.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bray Wyatt def Daniel Bryan at Survivor Series. The match was pretty good. I think this was pretty predictable in terms of outcome though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9622  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Takeover was fantastic all around. The girls especially killed it in Wargames. Io is life. My only gripe was I hate Matt Riddle stealing 5 different wrestlers finishers and using them as gimmick signatures. Riddle is trash.

Ss tonight. Woman’s SS match was way too spot filled, the whole clearing the ring with everyone hitting a signature was ridiculous. And the logic of breaking up pinfalls not involving their own teammates just to hit a move instead of waiting after to get a surprise jump was ridiculous. The ending was fine, but the match itself was pretty poorly booked and coordinated. Asuka misting Flair was the highlight because Flair is a heel then does some face things or whatever to play to the crowd. Basically anytime Flair is in the ring now, she sucks the life out of the match. She’s the female equivalent of Rollins. Complacent and lazy because she knows she is in a good spot, has that tenure and doesn’t need to deliver as much anymore. She barely sells right anymore, acts like Super Flair, and does the same repetitive garbage over and over. I’m really hoping her and Becky aren’t teaming to face Asuka and Kairi so they drop the belts when those two are some of the few consistently entertaining wrestlers on Raw period.

My personal favorite matches were the triple threat with Strong, Aj and Nakamura was really good and Dunne and Cole was probably match of the night. Bryan and Bray has a solid match, better than anything Bray did with Rollins. Brock and Rey was predictable but a solid story as told. Still think the belt needs to be off Brock though. Apparently Raw didn’t learn it’s lesson the last 3 years. The men’s elimination was really good, especially towards the end. I’d say 3rd best match of the night. And the main with Baszler, Bayley and Becky I think didn’t live up to its potential. Becky seemed to be barely involved and Baszler and Bayley really carried the match. Just seemed kind of spotty, a little clunky at times and the ending seemed abrupt. But the actual finish to the PPV made the fans happy, but I think they should’ve just let Baszler have her moment.

Takeover was a 10/10 for me.

Survivor Series: 8/10.

Overall, great weekend to be a wrestling fan.

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only children and mentally deranged adults watch WWE. Some cameos can be funny though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9624  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@elsebbe: That's insulting a lot of people here then, isn't it? Warning for insults?

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear WWE Smackdown Here Comes The Pain is one of the greatest Wrestling video games I have ever played.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

Takeover was fantastic all around. The girls especially killed it in Wargames. Io is life. My only gripe was I hate Matt Riddle stealing 5 different wrestlers finishers and using them as gimmick signatures. Riddle is trash.

I personally really like that, lol. Much love to the original bro xD

However, I personally think Undisputed Era should've won the Men Wargame. Now they have negative record in Wargame, which is weird, because WWE seems to be intending to make them the face of the said event. Poor Roderick Strong has been in all 3 Wargames, and lost all of them, smh.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9628 god_spawn  Moderator

@lan_fan: I don’t. If someone is using multiple finishers of other people, it’s almost a burial of the move. This is something that has been ingrained in me because of being involved in the Indy circuit, we can’t use other people’s finishers, especially as signatures, because now someone is gonna kick out of it. I wouldn’t mind just the spear and jackhammer as a nod against Goldberg, but now you start throwing in the GTS, a very seldom used move because of Punk, but that gets kicked out of. Ankle lock, another finisher, and that gets broken out of. Plus, he comes across as just being disrespectful to quite a few people, even before being in WWE. I don’t like his attitude, I don’t like him using multiple finishers as signatures. Not my cup of tea.

Eh, the faces kind of needed the win. Ciampa just came back and such, and this kind of lines up those guys for title opportunities going forward. And UE can be the face of a match and lose. Jericho invented the money in the bank match but never won one. It never hurt him. They’ve had plenty of wins the past few months, it balances things out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ddfe1acd0b24
deactivated-5ddfe1acd0b24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elsebbe said:

Only children and mentally deranged adults watch WWE. Some cameos can be funny though.

This is too harsh and a boring-closed minded opinion.

remember that it’s just entrateinment

@lan_fan said:

@god_spawn:

I personally really like that, lol. Much love to the original bro xD

However, I personally think Undisputed Era should've won the Men Wargame. Now they have negative record in Wargame, which is weird, because WWE seems to be intending to make them the face of the said event. Poor Roderick Strong has been in all 3 Wargames, and lost all of them, smh.

Yee

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elsebbe said:

That's why I said some cameos can be funny.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elsebbe said:
@rulerofthisuniverse_ said:
@elsebbe said:

Yes but i know wrestling is fake. we watch it for the laughs and random stuff.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9632  Edited By dernman

@elsebbe said:
@elsebbe said:

Yes but i know wrestling is fake. we watch it for the laughs and random stuff.

Also suspension of disbelief is a factor. Same with any sci-fi, fantasy genre. You can love star wars, comics, game of thrones, lord of the rings but wrestling is a problem because it's fake? The only difference is this is live action. Now if you have a problem with this being on say the sports channel then maybe I can see your point of view but having a problem because it's not real doesn't cut it with me. You'd have to have a problem with all the other things also.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so gold, lmao xD

Loading Video...
AvocadoKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I enjoyed Here Comes the Pain, but I keep coming back to 2K13, perhaps because it was at the height of popularity for my second favorite clobberin' time keeper, CM Punk. Well, the height of his popularity in the WWE. Happy Thanksgiving.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep forgetting Randy Orton is still wrestling.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep forgetting Randy Orton is still wrestling.

That's because his job is to make others look good now. Also it's hinting at a face turn.

There are others who've gone missing and I haven't even realized it. Like the Usos. I just realized today they've been MIA for awhile.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9638  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Charlotte Flair needs to go away for awhile. She’s hurting the Raw women’s division and Corey Graves’ little rant about how she needs to be booked better, she doesn’t feel as important, and needs to be in the title picture 24/7 has been some of the dumbest shit I’ve heard in awhile. Becky hasn’t even been on TV in 2 weeks.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9639  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@dernman: The Usos have been away for awhile because Jimmy got a DUI just a few months after apparently being drunkenly aggressive with a cop when Naomi got pulled over going the wrong way on a one way street super late at night or something like that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9640  Edited By dernman

@god_spawn:

Charlotte Flair needs to go away for awhile. She’s hurting the Raw women’s division and Corey Graves’ little rant about how she needs to be booked better, she doesn’t feel as important, and needs to be in the title picture 24/7 has been some of the dumbest shit I’ve heard in awhile. Becky hasn’t even been on TV in 2 weeks.

Agreed. With the huge roster they have they can afford to rotate the roster more. You don't have to show up or at least not headline every week. Especially when you're not in a story that requires it. It will give them time to rest and put on better matches while minimizing fans getting tired of them.

Side note. I think it's time for the Miz to retire. Put him in another role like a manager, commentator, instigator for the other wrestlers. So many wrestler who can go but have shitty mic work.

Edit: I saw a video that said that might be a work with Charlotte though because WWE featured it or something. That and a tweet Charlotte made. Did you know she trademarked the name Ashley Flair?

She really doesn't seem like an Ashley to me even though that's her real name.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9641  Edited By King Saturn

Another Thing, did John Cena retire or something ? Like, you never see that dude in the WWE anymore. It almost feels like he would be out of place if he came back though.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9643  Edited By dernman

@king_saturn: Mostly retired yes. He did the whole leaving the gear in the ring without the speech thing. He only comes back for special events like the Rock use to do. He's doing movies and tv now. Even has one coming up with the Rock.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@king_saturn: Mostly retired yes. He did the whole leaving the gear in the ring without the speech thing. He only comes back for special events like the Rock use to do. He's doing movies and tv now. Even has one coming up with the Rock.

Well, it's probably better that way.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It almost feel like Chris Jericho is the only wrestler from the 1990's era that's still going strong. I mean everyone else it's like an occasional appearance here or there.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9646 god_spawn  Moderator

@dernman: It almost feels like a case of when Punk had the belt but Cena main evented all but one PPV. Becky and Kabuki Warriors are the champs, the shows should primarily revolve around them. Charlotte doesn’t need to be on and off friends with Becky or damn near soloing your tag champs in matches Charlotte doesn’t seem to care about. It’s disrespectful to them that they have to revolve around Charlotte. I may not care for the SD women’s division, I’m a big fan of Becks fan and I adore Asuka and Kairi, but SD has given time to Carmella, Cross, Bliss, Deville, Mandy, Lynch, Bayley, and Evans. Raw still has people like Sarah Logan I think? Natalya? Like who is even on the Raw women’s division? NXT has it right, not one of those women doesn’t feel important on my tv. Io, Baszler, Rhea, Kai, Tegan, Candice, Mia, Toni Storm, Bianca etc. It doesn’t matter who. And then for Charlotte to agree with Graves? She needs a break, that I can agree with from Graves. But only because WWE needs to NOT have her as an option. She’s had 3 title reigns this year and length of time total is a week. that amount is awful.

I don’t think it was a work. It was all on a Graves’ podcast so Im not surprised if WWE is pushing it, and yeah, I heard her and Andrade trademarked some names for whatever reason.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9647  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@king_saturn: Cena’s been focusing on Hollywood stuff lately. He said he’s about done with it for abit, but wants to switch priorities back to WWE or something of that extent. I know he said he’s not done, he’s just not as needed.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Cena’s been focusing on Hollywood stuff lately. He said he’s about done with it for abit, but wants to switch priorities back to WWE or something of that extent. I know he said he’s not done, he’s just not as needed.

Well, I hope if Cena does come back it's for a decent run. I would not mine seeing a clash between John Cena and The Fiend as long as they don't have Cena crush his momentum.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9649 god_spawn  Moderator

@king_saturn: I’d personally like him to stay away from Bray if they want a decent run. Bray was never the same after their initial feud. I would tho like to see Cena get one last title run. If anyone deserves to break Flair’s streak, it’s him.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I’d personally like him to stay away from Bray if they want a decent run. Bray was never the same after their initial feud. I would tho like to see Cena get one last title run. If anyone deserves to break Flair’s streak, it’s him.

Who has the other WWE Championship ? Is it Brock Lesnar again ? I know the Fiend has the Universal Championship ? A match where John Cena beats Brock Lesnar for Nature Boy's streak would be Very Fitting.