Pro-wrestling discussion thread

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

It has begun, HHH is the COO of the WWE.

This thread is for discussing pro-wrestling in general, during, before, or after the shows/ppvs are on (or just general out of the ring news).

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Give me the attitude era back and blood.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ssejllenrad
@TheCerealKillz said:
This. If only we could get them stars back in those days young again instead of the injury-prone oldies they are now. Talent meant something back then.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I hate this business right now, give it back to the fans, the real ones, not the IWC snarks. Maybe with triple H actually being a wrestler he might treat things better. It's a new era with the King of Kings.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sexy_merc

The Attitude Era is probably the most overrated era in pro-wrestling history. It was great and my favorite era, but people need to stop living in the past.

There are talented starts in the WWE now, sometimes they don't always push their best talents or release them, but look at Danielson right now.

But most of the people that want the era back are the same people that think John Cena can't wrestle or that Randy Orton is a good wrestler.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCerealKillz

I know what you are talking about, I'm saying bring the type of stuff back from the attitude era, not the superstars, cept some. I would love to see some actual Extreme Rules matches and such.  

I'm still waiting for WWE to push Kingston and Morrison and all the others to the WWE Champions, which they almost fufilled, then they had Miz take it over once again.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Sexy Merc: Attitude era is overrated, that is true. But I think the most overrated era is the Nitro era.

Touche on your last paragraph. That's a bullseye on me.. :D
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sexy_merc

Apparently Joey Styles is going back to commentary on Thursday.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheCerealKillz

I've heard that Taker is coming back during SummerSlam...

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sexy_merc

I wonder if he'll go back to Biker Taker, lol.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheCerealKillz

He should, with the short hair. It wouldn't be the same if he came back with short hair as Deadman Taker.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sexy_merc

Yeah, he can't do that.

Him retiring as Biker would be strange though.

TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Yeah.... A wig lol?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Quite frankly I think WWE does have a great cast, they just aren't or weren't pushing enough people which could've hurt them in the long run. Right now guys like Miz and Morrison are top guys, Miz got pushed more than Morrison, but Morrison and Miz showed they have good in ring chemistry with each other. Daniel Bryan is the best in ring wrestler the wwe has to offer, Cena has his matches, is great on the mic, Orton is very one dimensional on the mic, but is a decent wrestler and can get quite the pop. But guys that could be top players or have gotten better haven't been played as much. Chris Masters has shown great improvement, Drew Mcyntire is awesome in the ring, he just isn't aired. Sheamus and Barret are both great up and coming guys, hell even Alex Riley has grown on me. WWE has a great roster, it's the people growing up don't like change, can't live that people compare the Rock to Cena and such.
My problem with them is how they became to distanced with the term wrestling. They forced upon us the characters of Super Cena and Super Orton and don't have enough credible guys built up to give decent shows anymore. I don't mind Cena as champ, but him becoming champ for 2-3 times in a year for years now has gotten ridiculous. Orton being champ just 2 days after Christian won, because Vince said he wasn't "marketable" enough.  You don't need to be champ to be top guy, Impact wrestling shows that constantly. I'm frankly sick of seeing Christian and Orton face each other again They've had 4 titles matches with each other and will do more since Christian is champion, count on it.

They don't have enough credible guys, they have talent, they just don't use it properly. Their balance is way off, and they give us the same old sh*t month after month after month.have  Edge and Del Rio faced each other or encountered each other like 15 times in just a few weeks, that match at mania lost all its hype and Del Rio fizzled, now he is MITB winner after not being relevant since moving to Raw. Super characters are fine, but you don't need to give them the built to be a top guy in the company. They need to change things up for once, maybe with Trip as chairman, he will shake things up since he was a wrestler once, he knows what it takes to properly utilize said talent.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By sexy_merc

I agree with most of what you said, GS.

Also, Alberto has 50 title opportunities, lol.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:

I agree with most of what you said, GS.

Also, Alberto has 50 title opportunities, lol.

Im sick of Del Rio lol, i even called he would win just to become relevant again. He's just too one dimensional on the mic as well. It's like listening to Samoa Joe, or Randy Orton in an interview except happy instead of constantly PMSing.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sexy_merc

Some people call him the Mexican JBL, haha.

When Cena is being serious with his promos and not putting in corny/lame jokes, he is great on the mic.

Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Osiris1428

What was up with that "Jimmy" crap?? Yeah, push Kingston and Morrison, someone please beat the hell out of Cena (over and over again). Bring back the blood and excitement. 

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sexy_merc

I am a little surprised that they didn't push R-Truth for title contention, but there will be probably be a feud with him and JoMo soon.

I thin ADL will finally fulfill his destiny and win the WWE championship after the Miz-Mysterio match next week.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ssejllenrad

I'm loving the lack of love for Del Rio (Dos Caras Jr.) here. Hehehe! He was lame in Lucha Libre. He sucked in MMA. He doesn't cut it in WWE.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The exchange between HHH and Mr. McMahon on Raw was one of the better skits in recent memory.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Cena is a pro on the mic, he gets that emotional attachment out to get you excited. Orton sucks on the mic, but I do feel his ring work is a bit better than Cena's. People only want to see him viper out and rko someone that's it. JBL is waaay better IMO lol, well i remember back in the APA days when he was  a badass.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sexy_merc

I think Cena is a better wrestler than Orton.

It was funny when Trips called Vince, 'pop.'

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Here is my take on Del Rio. Only reason I tolerated him was he had decent spots, not many people his size can do a top rope enzugiri like he can and he was good on the mic when he first came. Now every promo is this *coughs*.
   Rodrigo announcer guy *long winded entrance in spanish, i'm too lazy to type it all out in Spanish...ALBERTOOO DELLL RIIIIIOOOOOOOO...

*comes out in a fancy car, cocks up on the ramp, gold sparkles, awkward hand waves, gets in the ring*

"MY NAME...MY NAME IS ALBERTO DEL RIOOOOOOOO *fist pump of enthusiasm*. But you...you already know that, *wink*. Blah blah blah WWE championship, blah blah blah money in the bank... blah blah it is my DESTINY" Proceeded by awkward hand waves and a half cocked smile. 

That is del rio on a weekly basis

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Sexy Merc: I prefer Orton over Cena, or I did. Cena to me always got you hyped, which is why he put on good matches, he would get you excited and always did 100%. Orton was just better in ring for the longer time, just my opinion though he can't hold a candle compared to Cena on mic work. I hated that stint by orton, and he needs to shave his pube beard.

As for R-Truth though, he would be a decent champ for awhile I suppose, though he is hysterical now.
No Caption Provided
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sexy_merc

I miss Chris Jericho, the business needs him back but he's on his Fozzy tour right now.

By the way, to the Goldberg fans:

Y2J is better than him in pro-wrestling and real life.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Sexy Merc: Y2J is the definition of what pro wrestling should be, hardly any brains in the business like his anymore.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sexy_merc
@god_spawn

Agreed, just wonder when he'll be back.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ssejllenrad
@Sexy Merc: @god_spawn: Jerichoholics? I know I am... :D
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Sexy Merc said:
@god_spawn

Agreed, just wonder when he'll be back.

No idea, only Jericho knows.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
the Triple H becoming Chairman of the WWE tag sort of surprised me... but once I heard the The Game's Music hit during the Cena - McMahon confrontation at the end of RAW... you had to know something big was gonna happen... and can and/or will The Game bring CM Punk back to the WWE is what I am wondering about now... though that was really fu#ked up how Vince stopped the Mysterio vs Miz proposed Championship Match after they did All That Work during the night in the Tournament... 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sexy_merc

Remember when we were talking about HHH being in charge of the WWE a week ago, lol.

I think CM Punk will come back. They'll do a kayfabe with HHH.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
@Sexy Merc said:

Remember when we were talking about HHH being in charge of the WWE a week ago, lol.

I think CM Punk will come back. They'll do a kayfabe with HHH.

I would not mine seeing Rey Mysterio getting a shot at CM Punk for the legit WWE Title... I don't know about The Miz... Miz got talent... but I like 619 a little more than he... 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn
@Sexy Merc said:

I think Cena is a better wrestler than Orton.

It was funny when Trips called Vince, 'pop.'

ha ha ha... a skipping RKO
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sexy_merc

What I really, really don't want is for Danielson to be the first guy to cash in and lose.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn
@Gambler said:

The exchange between HHH and Mr. McMahon on Raw was one of the better skits in recent memory.

agreed... between CM Punk going off on the WWE elite at the end of RAW a few weeks ago and this end show skit... RAW is looking very incredible right now 

@Sexy Merc said:

What I really, really don't want is for Danielson to be the first guy to cash in and lose.

yeah that would suck.... 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sexy_merc

Stone Cold hasn't said anything about Vince not being chairman anymore...

He usually updates his Twitter after every Raw segment when something good or shocking happens.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Saturn
hmmm... that's something 
perhaps there is more to it than we think
BlazeEmblem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BlazeEmblem
@Sexy Merc said:

Thats what im afraid will happen, or he will lose the briefcase in a match against someone like Cody Rhodes.  

As regards to the CM Punk situation. I would love to see Punk go and wrestle in Mexico for a few months, and then have Del Rio cash in the title.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Raw was alright. I felt like something major was going to happen at the end. The HHH/Vince promo was good for what it was, I really didn't expect a new champ to be crowned on Raw.
lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lagoon_boy
Bring back the blood, bring back better writers, bring back wrestling!
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By progenitorigin
@TheCerealKillz said:
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By progenitorigin

For the record, I hated the Underbiker gimmick.  I'm glad Triple H is moving up from a wrestling position, he's a shoein for Hall of Fame, and has been my favorite wrestler since I was a kid.  CM Punk is one of the best gems that WWE has to offer nowadays, love his ringwork and his personality and mic time is brilliant.  I would take Punk over Cena for champ any day.  I'm also glad that they pushed The Miz, he may not be as athletically gifted as Morrison, but his personality makes up for it.  Del Rio is just someone I ignore, I never thought much of him.  Orton is good at what he does, but he's almost typecast as what he does, he needs to become more comfortable on the mic, he's stiff.  Finally, HBK, I miss you buddy. =(
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By King_Saturn
at least give Rey Mysterio or The Miz first dibs at CM Punk when he comes back... Do Not throw John Cena right back at CM Punk for the WWE Title
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@King Saturn said:

at least give Rey Mysterio or The Miz first dibs at CM Punk when he comes back... Do Not throw John Cena right back at CM Punk for the WWE Title

There is a high possibility that Cena will get back at Punk whenever he comes back, same goes for Christian who is champ now, Orton and him are gonna have more matches against each other because Ortton's rematch clause, they need to mix stuff up.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By King_Saturn
I wonder if Batista will ever come back to the WWE
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sexy_merc

I wouldn't really care if he came back honestly.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this about Pro Wrestling or about the WWE male soap opera, jeez, is to bad i am the only person in this forum that knows how awful the WWE was during the Attitude Era.  
Smackdown Six Era was by far better

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cattlebattle
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
Is this about Pro Wrestling or about the WWE male soap opera, jeez, is to bad i am the only person in this forum that knows how awful the WWE was during the Attitude Era.  Smackdown Six Era was by far better
QFT...... WWF/E hasn't been "pro wrestling" since the 70's or earlier
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By King_Saturn
Bob Sapp in the WWE is something that would have been fun to see... but it seems they already have Ezekiel Jackson now... lol