lol @ apparition

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By No_Name_

Alright question: Is the pres getting a cabinet, and would those positions be appointed or voted on?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By Darkchild

wow did tha joke seriously fly over everyones heads.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
"Darkchild says:
"well i hope i get presidency i shall be a grand president"
what were you offering pervy one? a lap dance for everyone?"
hahahaha"

BatgirlBabs says:

"lol @ apparition "

thank you thank you!

Darkchild says:

"Apparition says:
"Darkchild says:
"for god sake im not always a perv"
lol"
okay maybe i am but id be a semi less pervy president. but we need a president with a sense of humor, one who knows how to use a cigar the right way."

oh my!

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Zenma

BatgirlBabs says:

"Alright question: Is the pres getting a cabinet, and would those positions be appointed or voted on?"

appointed only

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ronin alexsnder

Darkchild says:

"wow did tha joke seriously fly over everyones heads."

LMAO.

ok on a side note DC gets my vote.

if you win you better use that cigar appropriately

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#107  Edited By Starleafgirl

I dunno, DC, if you say you're not going to be a dictator, then okay, it's just that the red around your name makes me a little nervous, lol.

As for what we disagree on, I'll start with female nudie pictures on the Vine. Your campaign of "Vote for Me or I'll Kill You" didn't exactly thrill me either, although it was funny. ;D

Also, from your speech: "Well when you elect me president the vine will be a different place, a place were you dont open your mouth unless you got something interesting to say. And if you do open your mouth and either beer or funny comes out of it you will be punished. Plus free beer and hotwings."

If you follow the logic there, the Vine would be a place where you want people to keep their mouths shut unless it's something you think is interesting, and for those who do open their mouths, if beer comes out, you'll be punished, but you're offering free beer, thus opening up more opportunities for you to punish people. So, it's like, you want the presidency in order to punish people?

I know you're just kidding around, but if you look at what you said... XD

Anyhow, as for this being "just an RPG team," I can see the logic of something called Comic Vine Government wanting to hold an open election out for all Viners, but just how are you planning on fitting this into the pre-established RPG world?

Maybe I think too highly of it, but the RP side of the Vine has always been, to me, an open and free environment of Earth that basically has everything you could possibly imagine -- and steal from various big-name publishers -- in it. Gotham City, New York City, Spider-Man doing his thing, etc.

From your mission statement, that of "The CVG is here to provide help to the comicvine users," it doesn't seem like you're in the RP world of the Comic Vine universe. It seems like you're more something of a proposed liaison between the Admins&Mods of the site and the general users. And that's fine, but what were you planning on doing with this government? I mean, what's your endgame, really? Is this supposed to be just some sort of mock government like the student government in high school? Or will this government have any sort of real power over ComicVine?

While we're speaking of plans, I'd like to ask what happened to this plan, posted a day ago in the CVG thread on Page 9:

Hagen has created a forum in which all nominations for presidency will be posted here:http://www.comicvine.com/message/presidency-elections/797781/ everyone including members of CVG may post their nominations. Please post your nominees because this forum will only last one to two days. It will be during this point that someone will count the posts and the top two nominees with run for the Presidency. These two canidates must deliver a speech. This speech must pertain to what good they will do for the people of CVG. It will be after the speeches that the people will vote for one of the canidates and they will become the president of CVG.
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Darkchild

lamo alright

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Darkchild

Apparition says:

"Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
"Darkchild says:
hahahaha"

BatgirlBabs says:

"lol @ apparition "

thank you thank you!

Darkchild says:

"Apparition says:
"Darkchild says:
lol"
okay maybe i am but id be a semi less pervy president. but we need a president with a sense of humor, one who knows how to use a cigar the right way."

oh my!"

LMAO it was a Clinton joke, i loved that man lol. knew how to be creative

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By No_Name_

I propose a debate between the two parties...just like they do in general elections... A closed forum where only the two of you can RPG until the last one stands.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By No_Name_

lol I got it. Sorry, slow on the uptake.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Darkchild

Starleafgirl says:

"I dunno, DC, if you say you're not going to be a dictator, then okay, it's just that the red around your name makes me a little nervous, lol.As for what we disagree on, I'll start with female nudie pictures on the Vine. Your campaign of "Vote for Me or I'll Kill You" didn't exactly thrill me either, although it was funny. ;DAlso, from your speech: "Well when you elect me president the vine will be a different place, a place were you dont open your mouth unless you got something interesting to say. And if you do open your mouth and either beer or funny comes out of it you will be punished. Plus free beer and hotwings."If you follow the logic there, the Vine would be a place where you want people to keep their mouths shut unless it's something you think is interesting, and for those who do open their mouths, if beer comes out, you'll be punished, but you're offering free beer, thus opening up more opportunities for you to punish people. So, it's like, you want the presidency in order to punish people?I know you're just kidding around, but if you look at what you said... XDAnyhow, as for this being "just an RPG team," I can see the logic of something called Comic Vine Government wanting to hold an open election out for all Viners, but just how are you planning on fitting this into the pre-established RPG world?Maybe I think too highly of it, but the RP side of the Vine has always been, to me, an open and free environment of Earth that basically has everything you could possibly imagine -- and steal from various big-name publishers -- in it. Gotham City, New York City, Spider-Man doing his thing, etc.From your mission statement, that of "The CVG is here to provide help to the comicvine users," it doesn't seem like you're **in** the RP world of the Comic Vine universe. It seems like you're more something of a proposed liaison between the Admins&Mods of the site and the general users. And that's fine, but what were you planning on doing with this government? I mean, what's your endgame, really? Is this supposed to be just some sort of mock government like the student government in high school? Or will this government have any sort of real power over ComicVine?While we're speaking of plans, I'd like to ask what happened to this plan, posted a day ago in the CVG thread on Page 9:
Hagen has created a forum in which all nominations for presidency will be posted here:http://www.comicvine.com/message/presidency-elections/797781/ everyone including members of CVG may post their nominations. Please post your nominees because this forum will only last one to two days. It will be during this point that someone will count the posts and the top two nominees with run for the Presidency. These two canidates must deliver a speech. This speech must pertain to what good they will do for the people of CVG. It will be after the speeches that the people will vote for one of the canidates and they will become the president of CVG.
"

i can see where you would be wary of me being the president.

But i am a funny man second and a honest and good man first. I know what needs to be done, and that comment bout people keeping their mouths shut was in the heat of the moment got into a arguement before it.

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Starleafgirl

Darkchild says:

"LMAO it was a Clinton joke, i loved that man lol. knew how to be creative"

Woot, DC and I agree on something! XD

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Zenma

Starleafgirl says:

"I dunno, DC, if you say you're not going to be a dictator, then okay, it's just that the red around your name makes me a little nervous, lol.As for what we disagree on, I'll start with female nudie pictures on the Vine. Your campaign of "Vote for Me or I'll Kill You" didn't exactly thrill me either, although it was funny. ;DAlso, from your speech: "Well when you elect me president the vine will be a different place, a place were you dont open your mouth unless you got something interesting to say. And if you do open your mouth and either beer or funny comes out of it you will be punished. Plus free beer and hotwings."If you follow the logic there, the Vine would be a place where you want people to keep their mouths shut unless it's something you think is interesting, and for those who do open their mouths, if beer comes out, you'll be punished, but you're offering free beer, thus opening up more opportunities for you to punish people. So, it's like, you want the presidency in order to punish people?I know you're just kidding around, but if you look at what you said... XDAnyhow, as for this being "just an RPG team," I can see the logic of something called Comic Vine Government wanting to hold an open election out for all Viners, but just how are you planning on fitting this into the pre-established RPG world?Maybe I think too highly of it, but the RP side of the Vine has always been, to me, an open and free environment of Earth that basically has everything you could possibly imagine -- and steal from various big-name publishers -- in it. Gotham City, New York City, Spider-Man doing his thing, etc.From your mission statement, that of "The CVG is here to provide help to the comicvine users," it doesn't seem like you're **in** the RP world of the Comic Vine universe. It seems like you're more something of a proposed liaison between the Admins&Mods of the site and the general users. And that's fine, but what were you planning on doing with this government? I mean, what's your endgame, really? Is this supposed to be just some sort of mock government like the student government in high school? Or will this government have any sort of real power over ComicVine?While we're speaking of plans, I'd like to ask what happened to this plan, posted a day ago in the CVG thread on Page 9:
"

so you want to carry that on?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Darkchild

Starleafgirl says:

"Darkchild says:
"LMAO it was a Clinton joke, i loved that man lol. knew how to be creative"

Woot, DC and I agree on something! XD"

XD

i like Babs idea. a Closed debate that would be interesting

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Apparition

BatgirlBabs says:

"lol I got it. Sorry, slow on the uptake. "

or maybe your mind just wasnt in the gutter ;)

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Apparition

Darkchild says:

"Apparition says:
"Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
"Darkchild says:
hahahaha"
BatgirlBabs says:
"lol @ apparition "
thank you thank you! Darkchild says:
"Apparition says:
"Darkchild says:
lol"
oh my!"
LMAO it was a Clinton joke, i loved that man lol. knew how to be creative"

i know! i remember when i heard he did that i was like what???

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Darkchild

Starleafgirl says:

"Darkchild says:
"and that comment bout people keeping their mouths shut was in the heat of the moment got into a arguement before it. "

Ah, well I was in a similar situation today, so I apologize if I was curt with you. ;D"

Dont worry people have been much more curt with me before. its alright

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Apparition

ooooo a debate's a great idea! we can come up with issues and really make it crazy

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Darkchild

im more for the debate idea. i can do more with that than just a speech, speeches are rants usually i want to make a difference and show my concerns and a debate will do that more for me.

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Starleafgirl

Darkchild says:

"and that comment bout people keeping their mouths shut was in the heat of the moment got into a arguement before it. "

Ah, well I was in a similar situation today, so I apologize if I was curt with you. ;D

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Starleafgirl

Zenma says:

"so you want to carry that on?"

... that's all you have to say? After my huge post? Lol, I don't even know what you mean!

Look, someone from the CVG is going to have to address my concerns.

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#123  Edited By Charmcaster

Gambler says:

"What is going on? Is Star giving up the Presidency? How can a man (DC) who's been **BANNED** from the Comicvine be President?"

giggles

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Zenma

Starleafgirl says:

"Zenma says:
"so you want to carry that on?"

... that's all you have to say? After my huge post? Lol, I don't even know what you mean!

Look, someone from the CVG is going to have to address my concerns."

"

i meant this one

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125  Edited By The_Ghostshell

NEW VENOM says:

"Gambler says:
"What is going on? Is Star giving up the Presidency? How can a man (DC) who's been **BANNED** from the Comicvine be President?"
why was he banned"

Cause he was setting a bad example for a new user.

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Charmcaster

Gambler says:

"NEW VENOM says:
"Gambler says:
why was he banned "
Cause he was setting a bad example for a new user."

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH I can't breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO That tickled me lol

NEW VENOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By NEW VENOM

Gambler says:

"NEW VENOM says:
"Gambler says:
why was he banned "
oh why is he still on man?
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Darkchild

Gambler says:

"NEW VENOM says:
"Gambler says:
why was he banned"

no i wasnt dont lie. u got banned for the same damn reason

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By The_Ghostshell

What is going on? Is Star giving up the Presidency? How can a man (DC) who's been BANNED from the Comicvine be President?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Darkchild says:

"Gambler says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"Gambler says:
why was he banned"

no i wasnt dont lie. u got banned for the same damn reason"

Hahahaha yes, yes I did. But then I'm not the one running for Prez ;P

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

oh snap!

NEW VENOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By NEW VENOM

Gambler says:

why was he banned
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"Gambler says:

oh snap!"

LMAO, I'm running Anti-DC ads lmao

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Starleafgirl

Zenma says:

"i meant this one"

Ah. I see.

I agree with Darkchild that, at this point, a public debate would be more helpful for people to choose the CVG president than speeches. We've done the speeches.

Maybe we could even have users pose their own questions to us.

HOWEVER I still don't know what the Hell the CVG thinks it's doing. Is this an RP thing? I mean, really? Is there a country on the comic vine version of Earth called the Vine and they call their citizens "comicvine users"...?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Darkchild

Gambler says:

u had to brng tat up didnt u

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By No_Name_

Apparition says:

"BatgirlBabs says:
"lol I got it. Sorry, slow on the uptake. "

or maybe your mind just wasnt in the gutter ;)"

That may be more likely lol

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Darkchild

Star this is how u work huh? using Gambler? lol

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Darkchild

Starleafgirl says:

"Zenma says:
"i meant this one"

Ah. I see.

I agree with Darkchild that, at this point, a public debate would be more helpful for people to choose the CVG president than speeches. We've done the speeches.

Maybe we could even have users pose their own questions to us.

HOWEVER I still don't know what the Hell the CVG thinks it's doing. Is this an RP thing? I mean, really? Is there a country on the comic vine version of Earth called the Vine and they call their citizens "comicvine users"...?"

Thank you

Charmcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Charmcaster

Gambler says:

"Darkchild says:
"Star this is how u work huh? using Gambler? lol"
Hahaha, every scandal, every allegation, its all coming out DC, **UNLESS,** **UNLESS** if you win, you make me Vice Prez"

Please, I gossip more than TMZ :P

Zenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Zenma

Starleafgirl says:

"Gambler says:

Bwhahaha. XD Why were you banned, DC?

The worst part is, I'm not even that keen on this whole Presidency thing. Hagen nominated me as a joke and, to stretch my RP muscles, I thought I'd write a speech from my character's point of view. I THOUGHT that other candidates were going to come up with their own nice speeches. I didn't think I was going to have the longest, most idealistic speech of all...

But then, my (and Lexicat's) concerns about the fairness of the voting system weren't acknowledged, the CVG didn't follow its original plan for determining its President, and now I can't seem to get a straight answer on what the heck the President's responsibilities even are or what the CVG wants to accomplish."

you'll have to contact Hagen or the ComicVine Government account

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Darkchild

Gambler says:

"Darkchild says:
"Gambler says:
"NEW VENOM says:
"Gambler says:
why was he banned"

no i wasnt dont lie. u got banned for the same damn reason"

Hahahaha yes, yes I did. But then I'm not the one running for Prez ;P"

got this all in ur dossier dont u

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By T.J. Magnum

Apparition says:

"Gambler says:
oh snap!"

then app wins !!

sets off fireworks

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By No_Name_

Alright I'm thinking

-closed debate

-one moderator, who's vote doesn't count in the event that it gets too violent

AND THEN

a separate thread where voters can voice concerns.

so we ask questions, moderators post questions and the two candidates post the responses. Do it like a court room, 1 statement, 1 rebuttal to keep it short and sweet.

2 separate threads
Post Edited:2008-04-21 22:55:51

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Starleafgirl

Darkchild says:

Neither the staff of Starleafgirl's campaign nor Starleafgirl endorses negative campaigning under any circumstances, lol.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By No_Name_

Starleafgirl says:

"Darkchild says:

Neither the staff of Starleafgirl's campaign nor Starleafgirl endorses negative campaigning under any circumstances, lol."

LOL

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Starleafgirl

Gambler says:

Bwhahaha. XD Why were you banned, DC?

The worst part is, I'm not even that keen on this whole Presidency thing. Hagen nominated me as a joke and, to stretch my RP muscles, I thought I'd write a speech from my character's point of view. I THOUGHT that other candidates were going to come up with their own nice speeches. I didn't think I was going to have the longest, most idealistic speech of all...

But then, my (and Lexicat's) concerns about the fairness of the voting system weren't acknowledged, the CVG didn't follow its original plan for determining its President, and now I can't seem to get a straight answer on what the heck the President's responsibilities even are or what the CVG wants to accomplish.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Darkchild says:

Hahaha, every scandal, every allegation, its all coming out DC, UNLESS,UNLESS if you win, you make me Vice Prez

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Starleafgirl

BatgirlBabs says:

"Alright I'm thinking-closed debate-one moderator, who's vote doesn't count in the event that it gets too violentAND THENa separate thread where voters can voice concerns.so we ask questions, moderators post questions and the two candidates post the responses. Do it like a court room, 1 statement, 1 rebuttal to keep it short and sweet."

Babs, what would be the point of a -closed- debate? In addition, I don't think it's feasible on the CV forums, so we'd have to do it elsewhere, which I guess is always a possibility.

And, honestly, I don't know what concerns people would voice. As I understand it, this CVG has no real power or influence on anything, in the site or in an RP context.

Unless people wanted to do it just for fun. ... and that's not exactly my idea of a fun RP. For that, check out Twilight Kingdom. ;D

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Apparition

Starleafgirl says:

"Gambler says:
Bwhahaha. XD Why were you banned, DC? The worst part is, I'm not even that keen on this whole Presidency thing. Hagen nominated me as a joke and, to stretch my RP muscles, I thought I'd write a speech from my character's point of view. I THOUGHT that other candidates were going to come up with their own nice speeches. I didn't think I was going to have the longest, most idealistic speech of all... But then, my (and Lexicat's) concerns about the fairness of the voting system weren't acknowledged, the CVG didn't follow its original plan for determining its President, and now I can't seem to get a straight answer on what the heck the President's responsibilities even are or what the CVG wants to accomplish."

lol no straight answers cause the government's crooked!

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"Darkchild says:
Hahaha, every scandal, every allegation, its all coming out DC, **UNLESS,** **UNLESS** if you win, you make me Vice Prez"

lol