Premier League Predictions?

• 96 results
CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Some of you may know that the Premier League is just around the corner, while the rest of you are probably thinking "What the hell is the Premier League?"

Well first off let me explain what the Premier League is.

The Premier League is a corporation in which the 20 member clubs act as shareholders. Seasons run from August to May. Teams play 38 matches each (playing each team in the league twice, home and away), totalling 380 matches in the season. Most games are played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons; others during weekday evenings. It is colloquially known as the Premiership and outside the UK it is commonly referred to as the English Premier League (EPL).

The 20 clubs in the Premiership are as followed:

1. AFC Bournemoth
  2. Arsenal
  3. Brighton & Hove Albion
  4. Burnley
  5. Chelsea
  6. Crystal Palace
  7. Everton
  8. Huddersfield Town
  9. Leicester City
  10. Liverpool
  11. Manchester City*
  12. Manchester United
  13. Newcastle United
  14. Southampton
  15. Stoke City
  16. Swansea City
  17. Tottenham Hotspurs
  18. Watford
  19. West Bromwich Albion
  20. West Ham United

So my question to you is, who do you believe is in with the best shot of winning the 17/18 season?

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GIliad_

Thought you were suggesting Liverpool would place 10th (below Everton!) I was gonna find where you live and get my scouse lads to jump you

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Chelsea, man city, man united and spurs will battle for the title. But since Jośe always wins a league title in his second year, my money is on united

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CitizenSurfer

@giliad_ said:

Thought you were suggesting Liverpool would place 10th (below Everton!) I was gonna find where you live and get my scouse lads to jump you

I live about an hours drive from Liverpool bro, bring it on.

I was just listing the teams in alphabetical order lol.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chelsea retain

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Chelsea or City will win the title

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Chelsea retain, City Second, United Third, Spurs to pip Aresnal to 4th and Liverpool 6th.

Actually not sure who will go down this season.

In Europe I see Chelsea and City doing well.

Arsenal to win the Europa League

I think Liverpool will loss Couthinio and not get the relevant replacement and this will cost them dearly.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GIliad_

@laflux: Couthinio didn't do too much last season. Mane was a top signing (surprisingly) however. Also I'm not sure whether or not United will stabilise this season - I'm actually expecting a sketchy start to the Prem

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scratch that Utd. are looking on form. Rashford, Lukaku and Pogba have a dangerous counterattack.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MU for life.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GIliad_
Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: You're from Manchester?

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: Nope, I just like the team. I'm also a fan of OKC Thunder, I'm not even American.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. City

2. United

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Everton

7. Chelsea

8. Leicester

Bottom 3-

18. West Brom

19. Crystal Palace

20. Brighton

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Redxiii18881990

Top 4.

1. Man U.

2. Spurs.

3. Man City

4. Liverpool.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: yeah top four the past 2 seasons (3rd and 2nd) and only improving is tripping balls.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Manchester United should win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm not much of a Premier League fan, i'm a Serie A fan myself.

Top 4 :

1. United

2. City

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I hope Messi goes to England, at this point, dude's getting his talents wasted in this disfunctional place called Barcelona.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CitizenSurfer
@giliad_ said:

Scratch that Utd. are looking on form. Rashford, Lukaku and Pogba have a dangerous counterattack.

You dirty, dirty person.

@khael said:

Nope, I just like the team. I'm also a fan of OKC Thunder, I'm not even American.

Plastic fan!

Top 4.

1. Man U.

2. Spurs.

3. Man City

4. Liverpool.

I personally see it like this

1: Manchester City (Hot favourites to win this year with 5/4 odds)

2: Spurs/Chelsea

3: Chelsea/Spurs

4: Arsenal

Honestly, Manchester United should win.

I don't see how, yeah they've got a dangerous counter-attack but that's it, they're famous for having a hilariously weak defence.

I'm not much of a Premier League fan, i'm a Serie A fan myself.

Top 4 :

1. United

2. City

3. Spurs

4. Arsenal

Top 4:

1. Manchester City
  2. Tottenham Hotspurs/Chelsea
  3. Chelsea/Tottenham Hotspurs
  4. Arsenal

I hope Messi goes to England, at this point, dude's getting his talents wasted in this disfunctional place called Barcelona.

Extremely doubtful considering he just signed a contract extension last summer which increased his buyout clause to approximately £300 million.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@citizensurfer: He didn't.He agreed to sign, but he hadn't yet.

That's the gist of the whole situation, now the board is nervous because they can all see that no Coutinho can save this dumpster fire Barcelona is the past few years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:

Their defense isn't "hilariously weak." The new centre-back Lindelof is really good. The goalkeeper is really good as we have seen over the past few years, and Lukaku is proving to be a top class goalscorer. Their victory against West Ham, a strong team in their own right, has convinced me that they are a threat this season. Matic is also proving to be an excellent reinforcement for the midfield, and if Pogba hits his peak form United will have an insanely powerful strikeforce.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: He didn't.He agreed to sign, but he hadn't yet.

That's the gist of the whole situation, now the board is nervous because they can all see that no Coutinho can save this dumpster fire Barcelona is the past few years.

He didn't.He agreed to sign, but he hadn't yet.

That's because it was stated that it was just customary, he's still signed with Barcelona until 2021, by which time he'll be 34!

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:

Their defense isn't "hilariously weak." The new centre-back Lindelof is really good. The goalkeeper is really good as we have seen over the past few years, and Lukaku is proving to be a top class goalscorer. Their victory against West Ham, a strong team in their own right, has convinced me that they are a threat this season. Matic is also proving to be an excellent reinforcement for the midfield, and if Pogba hits his peak form United will have an insanely powerful strikeforce.

Im a Man U fan and how tf is Lindelof really good. In pre season, he was awful and thats why he was not even in the squad vs West Ham. Hes gonna get the Mkhi treatment and probably wont start until October. Our defence is at a "good" stage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tj849:

He's taking his time, he needs to adapt. He'll be good once he adapts. Believe me, I know Lindelof, he is a good defender. If he doesn't adapt, though, then he'll probably never be really good at United. I am confident, however, he'll gain his place. I mean, Mkhitaryan is a fabulous player yet he only gained his place some time into the season.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:

Their defense isn't "hilariously weak." The new centre-back Lindelof is really good. The goalkeeper is really good as we have seen over the past few years.

Dude...their defence is notoriously weak...

and Lukaku is proving to be a top class goalscorer

Why? because he scored 3 goals in two games? That does not make you a top class goalscorer in anyone's book.

Their victory against West Ham, a strong team in their own right

West Ham? Strong team? Based on what exactly? I'm dying to hear this, why didn't you use Real Madrid as the basis, you know, a team that is actually "strong".

has convinced me that they are a threat this season.

So winning against a mid table team convinces you that they can win the Premier League?

Matic is also proving to be an excellent reinforcement for the midfield

He's played 2 games for Christ's sake lol

and if Pogba hits his peak form United will have an insanely powerful strikeforce.

Pogba already hit his peak during his time with Juventus he's young I'll grant you that but that doesn't mean he'll be able to recreate what he did for Juventus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:

Their defense is not weak at all. In Prem 2016/2017, United only let in 29 goals, surpassing everyone but Tottenham.

Lukaku has scored three goals in two games which is a good record. Also, he scored thirty-two goals in forty-four games last season. Pretty impressive.

They are slightly above mid table, not mid table. They did finish seventh in 2015-2016.

And I didn't list everything (not making long posts right now) but yeah, United did do well against Real Madrid, a team well above anything United will face in the Prem.

He's played two games, but he's played well. He's also proven to be a very good midfielder at Benfica and Chelsea.

Pogba is very young and he has the chance to improve. Even if he does not improve, he will still be a super threat if he reaches at least something close to his Juventus level, something which he did not achieve last season.

Shallowater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is so British.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CitizenSurfer

@thesithmaster said:

@citizensurfer:

Their defense is not weak at all. In Prem 2016/2017, United only let in 29 goals, surpassing everyone but Tottenham.

Lukaku has scored three goals in two games which is a good record. Also, he scored thirty-two goals in forty-four games last season. Pretty impressive.

They are slightly above mid table, not mid table. They did finish seventh in 2015-2016.

And I didn't list everything (not making long posts right now) but yeah, United did do well against Real Madrid, a team well above anything United will face in the Prem.

He's played two games, but he's played well. He's also proven to be a very good midfielder at Benfica and Chelsea.

Pogba is very young and he has the chance to improve. Even if he does not improve, he will still be a super threat if he reaches at least something close to his Juventus level, something which he did not achieve last season.

3 words. Park The Bus, it was controversial to most fans to even see Manchester United using such a tactic, since it showed that they once again had a weak defence, they even tried using it recently against Real Madrid during the Super Cup semi-final but obviously it didn't work as Jose "Park The Bus" Mourinho wanted it to.

Lukaku has scored three goals in two games which is a good record.

No it isn't, a good record is when you are consistently scoring in every match. You can't say "That's a good record he's got going" after 2 matches, If in 5 weeks times he's scored in every single match then I'll come back and retract this statement, but to say that 3 goals in 2 matches is a good record is just wrong.

Also, he scored thirty-two goals in forty-four games last season. Pretty impressive.

We are talking about the Premier League, so he scored 25.

11th in the 2016/2017 season

12th in the 2014/2015 season

13th in the 2013/2014 season.

Don't cherry pick table placements from seasons. They are a mid table team and not strong by any means, especially compared to the Big 4.

No they never, United barely had any chances in the second half and Real Madrid could have easily gone up another gear, they were saving themselves for Barcelona.

But if you really want to go down that road, how about we talk about Manchester City dominating Real Madrid 4-1?

Irrelevant, you don't go on their performances in a previous season since performances can change on the flip of a penny.

"Pogba already hit his peak during his time with Juventus he's young I'll grant you that but that doesn't mean he'll be able to recreate what he did for Juventus".

already addressed that in a previous post.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CitizenSurfer

Nooooo, a thread about a British sport involving a British league? Who would've guessed?

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shallowater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shallowater said:

Nooooo, a thread about a British sport involving a British lea.gue? Who would've guessed?

Gotta love soccer.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:

Nooooo, a thread about a British sport involving a British lea.gue? Who would've guessed?

Gotta love soccer.

Gotta love hand-egg.

Shallowater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:

Gotta love soccer.

Gotta love hand-egg.

Don't want to be that one guy but hey, it was the British who first called it soccer.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:

Gotta love soccer.

Gotta love hand-egg.

Don't want to be that one guy but hey, it was the British who first called it soccer.

We then evolved into a superior being and started calling it by its true name as well as using common sense:

No Caption Provided

Shallowater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Shallowater
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:

Gotta love soccer.

Gotta love hand-egg.

We then evolved into a superior being and started calling it by its true name as well as using common sense:

No Caption Provided

Hey, we were using the term football before the British decided to refer soccer as "football", right? Cough.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:

Gotta love soccer.

Gotta love hand-egg.

No Caption Provided

Hey, we were using the term football before the British decided to refer soccer as "football", right? Cough.

Hey, we were using the term football before the British decided to refer soccer as "football", right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

The first use of the word football happened in 1486.

So explain to me, how did a country that wasn't even in existence in 1486 coin the term before the British? Please, I'd love to know.

Cough

Have a Benylin...

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Khael

I love how there's no NBA prediction thread because we all know Golden State is gonna win.

Shallowater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:
@citizensurfer said:
@shallowater said:

Gotta love soccer.

Gotta love hand-egg.

No Caption Provided

Hey, we were using the term football before the British decided to refer soccer as "football", right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

The first use of the word football happened in 1486.

So explain to me, how did a country that wasn't even in existence in 1486 coin the term before the British? Please, I'd love to know.

Cough

Have a Benylin...

Couldn't post for a while, give you the props tho, you caught me off guard. Cough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liverpool royally f***ed up Arsenal... like wow... 4-0

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: Yup Arsenal fan tv tonight, Spurs again unable to win at Wembley and West brom v stoke was dead.,

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: City still remain no.1 but arsenal move a bit lower (Think they're gonna have a chelsea 10th type season)

Kconno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kconno

I'll say United will win the league but there'll be a tough fight from Liverpool, City, and Chelsea. I'm not confident right now about Arsenal but anything can happen after December. Arsenal has been unpredictable and will always fight for the top 4. Spurs, sorry to say but the "Wembley Factor" will hurt them badly this season.