Possible to have Super Hero games Without the Super Hero?

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have had a couple ideas for the past decade of an Arkham Spinoff and would love to hear the comic communities thoughts on it.

1) Play as an Arkham Security Guard during a riot

2) Play as a GCPD officer to experience Gotham

As fun as it is to play as Batman in the Arkham series, I was always intrigued by the idea of playing as a normal person, dealing with the terrors of everyday Gotham.

Make it a FPS like the start of Arkham Knight was. Do a saints row thing where you can choose your look and Voice. (Not to an Extreme as saints row though) And you have to survive a riot. Riddler can put you in Jigsaw like traps, Killer Croc can be an Enemy you have to run from, Have to deal with Scarecrow's fear toxin. Pretty much "Condemned" videogames take place inside Arkham Asylum.

You can't beat up 30 people, Your just average Joe. Maybe 3-4 at most. There are corrupt Officers working against you.

That kind of premise (Which I would love to see expanded into Gotham City its self) could bring a good horror/Noir title, expand on things we don't get to see often, and give people something new they didn't even know they wanted.

Imagine needing to visit the morgue after finding a professor Pyg victim, so you have to do real detective work, with this gruesome body laying on the operating table.

I think the villains that Batman has also would greatly vary how you deal with Villains. For Croc, It's like RE3 Nemesis or RE2make Mr. X the only strategy is to run or you're his food, so you have to hurry up and escape a Maze like Sewer. If ScareCrow Toxins you, The people around you look crazy and such and you have to distinguish between Friend and Foe (On top of that have a morality system so you aren't just killing people like a villain). Think you have a situation under control? Nope, people around you were paid off.

Do you think a Super Hero game (Without the Super Hero) could be done?
If you have a different Idea or a Different Hero in mind let me know.

I would love to see what the community can come up with. Not just for this particular idea either. (Expand on this, different gameplay style, different hero's rogues, Maybe a Henchmen Game idea, etc.)

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Excellent

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers