#4151 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@supremegeneration said:

I've never seen anything with Ben Shapiro in it but if he's actually worse than Crowder...

Crowder just lies a lot his opinions aren't awful. Shapiro is basically an traditional religious conservative who can articulate his points, therefore most left wing people immediately melt before him and he somehow gets praise for it despite it being the sheer insanity of the opponents point self destructing rather than him doing anything

I would think it was more right wing people's hearts that melted.

#4152 Edited by Dernman (26042 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard: I don't think people actually think Ben Shapiro is all that greatly skillled. Sure they love it when he shuts down some nut case but the praise always seems to stem from enjoyment of that than anything. All complements like he's such a great skilled debater seemed like an internet thing. Like how they do with Chuck Norris being super tough in a way but more toned down. Well that's how it comes off to me.

#4153 Posted by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard said:
@supremegeneration said:

I've never seen anything with Ben Shapiro in it but if he's actually worse than Crowder...

Crowder just lies a lot his opinions aren't awful. Shapiro is basically an traditional religious conservative who can articulate his points, therefore most left wing people immediately melt before him and he somehow gets praise for it despite it being the sheer insanity of the opponents point self destructing rather than him doing anything

I would think it was more right wing people's hearts that melted.

Either way, he takes the low hanging fruit of debating the likes of ANTIFA and Louis Farrakhan types and pretends its his points being good rather than the opponents points being beyond awful.

#4154 Posted by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

Emmanuel Macron should step down. Its blatantly obvious the will of the people is against him at this point

#4155 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa said:

@abstractraze: I'm starting to worry about you mate. Wen you say things like you're willing to die for your ideals, and you believe dialogue is not an option and instead physical violence and all out war are the only ways, you come across as an extremist. And not in a left making fun of the right or vice versa extremist, but like a terrorist extremist.

So what if people have a different point of view then you, that doesn't mean they should die or one ideal needs to reign supreme over the other. That is textbook extremism.

Hey, sorry for the delay, you don't have to worry, there was the French revolution against the monarchs, which oppressed the French population, the American revolution, the same in Russia in 1907 ' the Bolshevik Revolution' and so on, but there is a more realistic example, during the 18 century, we have the South American revolutionary movements, led by Simon Bolivar and Jose de San Martin and for the first time, South Americans contributed to each other and we witnessed the independence of different geographical areas, those displacing the Spaniard monarchs and giving birth to numerous nations in the South American region.

There is a great part of Europe, which is opposed against the globalization, they want to protect their sovereignty, their culture, they're opposed against open borders, so there is a commonality and we're defending something which is ours.

Today, direct wars between developed nations do not really work anymore, because we've nuclear weapons, but right-leaning nations such as Italy, Poland, Hungary and so on, they could support proxy wars against European countries which supports the globalization, as an example, it's perfectly possible to support paramilitary aggrupations composed by French, Italian, German, Polish, Spaniards, Austrian, Hungarian people, etc..., across Europe, while this could trigger the same effect in the U.S and the Republicans are the ones who have the most predominant influence over the American arms industry, so it's perfectly possible to create a tactical network cooperation between the European Right-wing and the Republicans.

As you see, the extremist card does not apply here, because the liberals are imposing us such a thing, they're not taking us into consideration and in such a given situation, the real extremists are them and not we, we're only defending what is ours, such as it was the case during the most previous revolutions.

Here is a video, where we can see German and French people united, during the 'Yellow vests movement' which is spreading till Brussels and it's relatively passive, but things could change.

https://www.facebook.com/ignaz.bearth.7/videos/151690379127307/

It's a simple chess game.

PS:

I know that death is terrible, we're talking about more deaths than the second and first world war together, but when dialogue does not work anymore, death is the only unfortunate necessary plausible solution, I will probably die, my son, my wife possibly too, but if you want a nice future for your family, it's worth to fight for it.

Loading Video...
#4156 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@decaf_wizard: I don't think people actually think Ben Shapiro is all that greatly skillled. Sure they love it when he shuts down some nut case but the praise always seems to stem from enjoyment of that than anything. All complements like he's such a great skilled debater seemed like an internet thing. Like how they do with Chuck Norris being super tough in a way but more toned down. Well that's how it comes off to me.

Ben Shapiro is not a great debater. Yes he has skills like talking fast and spewing out a lot of stuff he's committed to memory and practiced a lot that is hard to deal with in a one-on-one debate. But, that only works against people who are also not that knowledgeable or skilled at debating. Also, for anyone who's already on his side, the fact that he talks so fast and projects confidence, makes them think that he's making great points and is winning the debate. That's just how psychology works... anyone who appears confident also appears to have the truth on their side, even if they are lying through their teeth. See Trump as a perfect example. Pathological liar, but some people still think he's honest and "telling it like it is". Then an hour later he says the exact opposite, but they still think he's telling the truth.

Watch Shapiro debate anyone that is actually knowledgeable like Sam Harris, and you'll see him get schooled.

Loading Video...

The key to dealing with someone like Shapiro is to realize he's just throwing out as much stuff and fallacious arguments as possible, and to pick the key ones and shoot them down without getting stuck on trying to debunk everything he says. You cant debunk it all because he's literally talking so fast and saying so much crap that you'll use up your time and not even be 1/10 of the way through everything he threw at you.

Once you shoot down his core fallacious assumptions, he will then probably try other fallacious arguments like appeals to common sense, etc, stuff that will seem legit to a laymen but actually prove nothing.

And that's the thing about these debates... and why Shapiro seems to be good at them... they are not real debates, they dont have a moderator who decides who won or lost based on the facts, they are shows where you try to seem like you're winning and you appeal to the audiences core biases and assumptions to get them to believe you, even if they cant then logically say why you were right and the other guy wrong.

#4157 Edited by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:
@dernman said:

Ben Shapiro is not a great debater. Yes he has skills like talking fast and spewing out a lot of stuff he's committed to memory and practiced a lot that is hard to deal with in a one-on-one debate. But, that only works against people who are also not that knowledgeable or skilled at debating. Also, for anyone who's already on his side, the fact that he talks so fast and projects confidence, makes them think that he's making great points and is winning the debate. That's just how psychology works... anyone who appears confident also appears to have the truth on their side, even if they are lying through their teeth. See Trump as a perfect example. Pathological liar, but some people still think he's honest and "telling it like it is". Then an hour later he says the exact opposite, but they still think he's telling the truth.

Watch Shapiro debate anyone that is actually knowledgeable like Sam Harris, and you'll see him get schooled.

Loading Video...

You act like Sam Harris isn't an equally lage joke, at least when it comes to politics. His stuff on religion is pretty decent.

#4158 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard: I dont know all of Sam Harris's political positions, but he's spot on with regards to Trump.

Loading Video...

#4159 Edited by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@decaf_wizard: I dont know all of Sam Harris's political positions, but he's spot on with regards to Trump.

Loading Video...

I don't agree with him on about 60% of his Trump points. Although I suppose thats because my political compass looks like this. I vastly prefer to play the good Trump bad Trump game.

No Caption Provided

The thing that makes him a joke in my eyes is that he thought Hillary Clinton would be the best candidate out of every potential candidate to be president. He also shares your opinion on the electoral college which is something I feel that you and I will also never actually see eye to eye on.

#4160 Posted by Hatutzeraze (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

I wish I were as able and eloquent in stating my distaste for Donald Trump as Mr. Harris.

#4161 Edited by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

I wish I were as able and eloquent in stating my distaste for Donald Trump as Mr. Harris.

Indeed. I listen to him and I just wish I could put together words like he can. Harris is one of my inspirations to always be learning more about all different fields of study. He can talk eloquently about ancient civilizations and religions, brain science, astronomy, politics, psychology, and probably a bunch of other subjects I'm forgetting.

#4162 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Emmanuel Macron should step down. Its blatantly obvious the will of the people is against him at this point

You do know the French get on the barricades the moment you change even the smallest thing? Even the riot police was close to going on strike because someone thought it wasn't a good idea they were chugging beer during their lunch hours.

#4163 Posted by mrmonster (15537 posts) - - Show Bio

The Daily Agreement: Day 9

Everyday @xzone and I will come together to find something that he, a conservative, and myself, a liberal, can both really agree on. In such polarizing times we thought this would be a fantastic idea. Some topics will be longer and more in depth, and some will be shorter. If you wish to be tagged for these daily agreements, just let @xzone or myself know.

Topic of the Day: Both Sides Need to Stop Blaming Video Games for Violence

What causes people to pick up guns and kill innocent people? I have no idea. But both the left and the right have a long and troublesome history of blaming real world tragedies on video games.

Do video games cause real world violence? The evidence seems to be not. In Japan, video game sales per capita are almost 10 times higher than in the United States. If video games caused real world violence, the nation of Japan would be as violent as the world of Mad Max: Fury Road but it's not, it's one of the most peaceful countries on Earth.

But has that stopped our politicians from blaming gun violence on harmless games? No, not it has no. As a senator, Hillary Clinton practically went to war with the video game industry, and I'm sure I don't need to remind anybody that Trump has blamed video games on school shootings, even going as far as to make this masterpiece of a video.

Loading Video...

I would be lying if I said I knew how to stop horrific events like Sandy Hook and Parkland, but blaming Halo and Call of Duty just isn't the answer, and I think we can all agree on that.

#4164 Posted by mrmonster (15537 posts) - - Show Bio
#4165 Posted by just_sayin (3462 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyday @xzone and I will come together to find something that he, a conservative, and myself, a liberal, can both really agree on. In such polarizing times we thought this would be a fantastic idea. Some topics will be longer and more in depth, and some will be shorter. If you wish to be tagged for these daily agreements, just let @xzone or myself know.

What causes people to pick up guns and kill innocent people? I have no idea. But both the left and the right have a long and troublesome history of blaming real world tragedies on video games.

Do video games cause real world violence? The evidence seems to be not. In Japan, video game sales per capita are almost 10 times higher than in the United States. If video games caused real world violence, the nation of Japan would be as violent as the world of Mad Max: Fury Road but it's not, it's one of the most peaceful countries on Earth.

But has that stopped our politicians from blaming gun violence on harmless games? No, not it has no. As a senator, Hillary Clinton practically went to war with the video game industry, and I'm sure I don't need to remind anybody that Trump has blamed video games on school shootings, even going as far as to make this masterpiece of a video.

Loading Video...

I would be lying if I said I knew how to stop horrific events like Sandy Hook and Parkland, but blaming Halo and Call of Duty just isn't the answer, and I think we can all agree on that.

I can agree with that.

#4166 Posted by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

I can agree with this as an avid gamer. There is literally no evidence for violent video games doing anything to kids, although they obviously shouldn't be playing CoD as 10 year olds or whatever

#4167 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that video games are not responsible for violence. But the sentiment illustrates a general trend in politics to come up with kneejerk and simplistic solutions to perceived problems. In this case the problem was real, but the solution was as wrong-headed as in the mid 20th century when they blamed the corruption of young people on comic books and later on jazz and rock music.

#4168 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like blaming movies for violence, by the way, Trump cleaning up the waste:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#4169 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

^see stuff like that is why you have lunatics with guns storming news rooms, they think that kind of stuff is cool and not at all worrying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b19c56d708
#4170 Posted by deactivated-5c0b19c56d708 (624 posts) - - Show Bio
#4171 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

^see stuff like that is why you have lunatics with guns storming news rooms, they think that kind of stuff is cool and not at all worrying.

Well, that's subjective, there are lunatics everywhere, the first clip symbolizes Trump's fierce attitude against the liberal media behind the Democrats, but the Democrats murdered an American president who was Abraham Lincoln, there are lunatics everywhere.

@thepurifier Yes, he supports the annihilation of Western culture, western intellectualism and its wealth.

#4172 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

Well, that's subjective, there are lunatics everywhere, the first clip symbolizes Trump's fierce attitude against the liberal media behind the Democrats, but the Democrats murdered an American president who was Abraham Lincoln, there are lunatics everywhere.

@thepurifier Yes, he supports the annihilation of Western culture, western intellectualism and its wealth.

There is nothing subjective about any of that, and you can be sure some low-IQ incel is getting closer to copy it. Neither is it a prank when another whackjob sends a pipebomb to CNN. And if we want to dig into the annals of history, we could say the Conservatives also killed a US President: JFK.

#4173 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@abstractraze said:
@outside_85 said:

There is nothing subjective about any of that, and you can be sure some low-IQ incel is getting closer to copy it. Neither is it a prank when another whackjob sends a pipebomb to CNN. And if we want to dig into the annals of history, we could say the Conservatives also killed a US President: JFK.

Well, those are only speculations, but John Wilkes Booth was a Democrat who murdered Abraham Lincoln and I'm just generalizing a little bit, there are lunatics everywhere, such a thing can happen anywhere and yes, it's subjective because it depends on the one who's interpreting it, it could be a lunatic or a sane person, why one should sacrifice humor in name of unhealthy people, you're just indirectly proposing some sort of a socialist censorship, that's clearly extremism, almost like Joseph Goebbels or Josef Stalin.

#4174 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@abstractraze said:
@outside_85 said:

Well, those are only speculations, but John Wilkes Booth was a Democrat who murdered Abraham Lincoln and I'm just generalizing a little bit, there are lunatics everywhere, such a thing can happen anywhere and yes, it's subjective because it depends on the one who's interpreting it, it could be a lunatic or a sane person, why one should sacrifice humor in name of unhealthy people, you're just indirectly proposing some sort of a socialist censorship, that's clearly extremism, almost like Joseph Goebbels or Josef Stalin.

Oh, so it's humour now? Question, would you think it was funny if someone photoshopped a picture of a tree where various right-wing media personalties had been hung from?

#4175 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@abstractraze said:
@outside_85 said:
@abstractraze said:
@outside_85 said:

Oh, so it's humour now? Question, would you think it was funny if someone photoshopped a picture of a tree where various right-wing media personalties had been hung from?

Well, that's different, Trump attacks the liberal media with arguments, through juridical means and not through physical aggression, those insinuating a symbolic humor, it depends on the context too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b19c56d708
#4176 Posted by deactivated-5c0b19c56d708 (624 posts) - - Show Bio
#4177 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

Well, that's different, Trump attacks the liberal media with arguments, through juridical means and not through physical aggression, those insinuating a symbolic humor, it depends on the context too.

Are we talking about the same Trump? Because the Trump I am aware of doesn't do arguments, he does slander, insults, posturing, bullying and outright lies, prompting his voters to the physical aggression part. Which is about as funny as a tree full of dead FOX News presenters.

#4178 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@abstractraze said:
@outside_85 said:

Are we talking about the same Trump? Because the Trump I am aware of doesn't do arguments, he does slander, insults, posturing, bullying and outright lies, prompting his voters to the physical aggression part. Which is about as funny as a tree full of dead FOX News presenters.

Whatever you say, I don't care and I don't want to argue about that, Trump does not order any sort of official assassination against the liberal media, that's the point and if American people are pissed about liberals, it's because liberals are rats which attempt against the American national wealth and if such a thing triggers a hypothetical civil war on American soil, those putting liberal leaders under a target, that's clearly a different scenario, all those current attacks are made by lunatic anarchistic people and that's it.

#4179 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever you say, I don't care and I don't want to argue about that, Trump does not order any sort of official assassination against the liberal media, that's the point and if American people are pissed about liberals, it's because liberals are rats which attempt against the American national wealth and if such a thing triggers a hypothetical civil war on American soil, those putting liberal leaders under a target, that's clearly a different scenario, all those current attacks are made by lunatic anarchistic people and that's it.

The average Trump voter.

#4180 Posted by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

The average Trump voter.

Well, the Antifa is an anarchistic movement as well, but okay, the bombing issue was made by one single person, where is the average?

#4181 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:

The average Trump voter.

Well, the Antifa is an anarchistic movement as well, but okay, the bombing issue was made by one single person, where is the average?

Well, we have you here promoting more of it. So you tell me where the reasonable and level headed chap is at?

#4182 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@abstractraze said:
@outside_85 said:

The average Trump voter.

Well, we have you here promoting more of it. So you tell me where the reasonable and level headed chap is at?

Both sides commit lunatic things, maybe the conservative side is a little bit more intensive, because there is protectionism behind, if you attack any mother's or father's child, how would they react? of course, we can't equal both examples, because patriotism and paternal love are different types of love and emotions behind different principles, in the case of leading protectionism outside any official civil war announcement, is anarchism, however, for the same fact that conservativism is in part a protectionist movement, unstable people are more likely to react out of ther minds, but the bombing and the car issue in Charlottesville, are still exceptions.

#4183 Posted by Hatutzeraze (559 posts) - - Show Bio

AbstractRaze, allow me to address an historical point you made with some paraphrasing of your last post:

John Wilkes Booth was a Democrat, but Democrats in those days were conservatives, so Abraham Lincoln was killed by a conservative.

Yes, he was a little bit more intensive, because there was protectionism behind, because by attacking the Southern way of life, President Lincoln was attacking their livelihood, and by extension, their families. If you attack any mother's or father's child, how would he react? Conservatism is in part a protectionist movement. Unstable people are more likely to react out of their minds.

#4184 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85 said:
@abstractraze said:
@outside_85 said:

The average Trump voter.

Both sides commit lunatic things, maybe the conservative side is a little bit more intensive, because there is protectionism behind, if you attack any mother's or father's child, how would they react? of course, we can't equal both examples, because patriotism and paternal love are different types of love and emotions behind different principles, in the case of leading protectionism outside any official civil war announcement, is anarchism, however, for the same fact that conservativism is in part a protectionist movement, unstable people are more likely to react out of ther minds, but the bombing and the car issue in Charlottesville, are still exceptions.

I'm still waiting for the liberal side to get even half as nuts as the average conservative appears to be.

#4185 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I strongly doubt it, liberals don't have anything to protect besides their families under their own landless mindset, conservative people have to protect their tradition, their nation, their identification and their families, the emotional pressure is way superior.

A conservative will always lose more.

If a civil war ever happens, conservative people will carry a superior amount of anger.

#4186 Posted by Hatutzeraze (559 posts) - - Show Bio

The United States of America doesn't belong solely to conservatives.

#4187 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I strongly doubt it, liberals don't have nothing to protect besides their families under their own landless mindset, conservative people have to protect their tradition, their nation, their identification and their families, the emotional pressure is way superior.

A conservative will always lose more.

If a civil war ever happens, conservative people will carry a superior amount of anger.

Could you loose a little faster then and go join the other dinosaurs?

#4189 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@hatutzeraze said:

AbstractRaze, allow me to address an historical point you made with some paraphrasing of your last post:

John Wilkes Booth was a Democrat, but Democrats in those days were conservatives, so Abraham Lincoln was killed by a conservative.

Yes, he was a little bit more intensive, because there was protectionism behind, because by attacking the Southern way of life, President Lincoln was attacking their livelihood, and by extension, their families. If you attack any mother's or father's child, how would he react? Conservatism is in part a protectionist movement. Unstable people are more likely to react out of their minds.

Doesn't matter, because the Republican party was always the conservative-progressivists party which they're still today, so we can pretty much say they are the moderate conservatives considering economic liberalism as the future, while the Democrats were the typical traditional conservative party which supported the slavery, but since they led an obsolete and such unproductive governmental system at the time, they failed after the Confederates were defeated, however, years later, the Democrats admitted their defeat and then they conveniently switched to what they're today, 'modern-liberalism', that already shows their blatant farce over the U.S, while the Republicans are still the original.

Democrats are no more and less than convenient rats, alone such convenient ideological change, shows that they never were at least a little conservative in their hearts, just facade.

#4190 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

Republicans are showing their true colors in Wisconsin, where they're actively trying to subvert the will of the people before they get thrown out of office.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/04/politics/wisconsin-michigan-republican-post-election-power-grabs/index.html

(CNN)Republicans in Wisconsin and Michigan were wiped out of their states' top offices in November. But before Democrats can take their place next year, GOP lawmakers in both states are moving to strip the incoming leaders of key powers.

Most of the attention has centered on Wisconsin, where Republicans are in the midst of an "extraordinary session" designed to effectively prevent Democratic Gov.-elect Tony Evers and incoming Attorney General Josh Kaul from delivering on their campaign promises.

And it's looking like there might be Republican voter fraud that went on in the North Carolina 9th District race:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/allegations-of-gop-election-fraud-shake-north-carolinas-ninth-district

#4191 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85:

conservative people will carry a superior amount of anger.

Yes, conservatives do seem to be driven by emotions like fear, anger, and anxiety. That has been demonstrated scientifically. Not surprising then that this is what the Republican Party and right-wing media spoon feed them on a daily basis.

Keep raging with impotent anger. Back in the real world, this last election saw voters vote for Democrats by a margin of around 9 MILLION MORE votes for Democrats than for Republicans, a new record... smashing the previous record set in 1974 when the Democrats destroyed Republicans after Nixon resigned in disgrace before being impeached. Oh... I'm seeing a pattern here. Republicans only keep getting into power because of a lopsided Electoral College and gerrymandered congressional districts. Guess what happens when all those old Republican voters die and the Supreme Court eventually outlaws gerrymandering and forces non-partisan redistricting? What do you think happens when Texas is no longer a reliable red state? LOL... history is not on the side of conservatives, because conservatism is all about trying to hold on to the past.

#4192 Posted by boschePG (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: @outside_85:

Ocasio -Cortez really doesn't know how to fund Medicare For All or realize how much money it would be. SHe got four Pinocchios

I wish left articles defending this crap would stop burying the lead cuz now a days you have to go to the end to find the most important part

#4193 Posted by Doofasa (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: Yeah I can agree with that 100%. It's a shame that video games get that stigma attached to them.

#4194 Posted by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

Ocasio -Cortez really doesn't know how to fund Medicare For All or realize how much money it would be. SHe got four Pinocchios

I wish left articles defending this crap would stop burying the lead cuz now a days you have to go to the end to find the most important part

Cortez literally knows nothing about most of the things she talks about and its honestly a mystery as to why the left even bothers to defend her seeing as she gets caught in a lie more than even Trump does

#4195 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

So... she tweeted out some stuff that was wrong? Well, ok. Who is she again that I would care? What is she in charge of? Was there some memo that all Republicans got that says this woman is the new target of the propaganda machine? Trump has been tweeting out b.s. on an hourly basis for the last 3 years. That seems more important.

Anyway, we have bigger problems to deal with, like the possibility that if we continue on the economic course we're on, we will most likely have a recession starting in 2019. All the signs I see point in that direction.

#4196 Posted by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze said:

@outside_85:

Yes, conservatives do seem to be driven by emotions like fear, anger, and anxiety. That has been demonstrated scientifically. Not surprising then that this is what the Republican Party and right-wing media spoon feed them on a daily basis.

Keep raging with impotent anger. Back in the real world, this last election saw voters vote for Democrats by a margin of around 9 MILLION MORE votes for Democrats than for Republicans, a new record... smashing the previous record set in 1974 when the Democrats destroyed Republicans after Nixon resigned in disgrace before being impeached. Oh... I'm seeing a pattern here. Republicans only keep getting into power because of a lopsided Electoral College and gerrymandered congressional districts. Guess what happens when all those old Republican voters die and the Supreme Court eventually outlaws gerrymandering and forces non-partisan redistricting? What do you think happens when Texas is no longer a reliable red state? LOL... history is not on the side of conservatives, because conservatism is all about trying to hold on to the past.

HA

The neoliberal globalist paradigm is dying. Types like the Clintons and the Bushes are on the way out and Populism is gaining tracks around the world. Centrist populism is the future

#4197 Edited by removekebab (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:
@abstractraze said:

@outside_85:

HA

The neoliberal globalist paradigm is dying. Types like the Clintons and the Bushes are on the way out and Populism is gaining tracks around the world. Centrist populism is the future

Actual correct terminology but brainlets call it right wing.

#4198 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschepg said:

Cortez literally knows nothing about most of the things she talks about and its honestly a mystery as to why the left even bothers to defend her seeing as she gets caught in a lie more than even Trump does

Trump has lied thousands of times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-false-or-misleading-claims/

On Politifact, 84% of his statements are at least half false.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

In a recent poll, only 13% of Americans believe Trump is honest.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/388107-poll-just-13-percent-of-americans-consider-trump-honest-and

Your turn.

Prove to us your claim that this woman lies more than Trump.

I can wait.

This should be good.

#4199 Posted by willpayton (22083 posts) - - Show Bio
#4200 Posted by decaf_wizard (17005 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard said:
@boschepg said:

Trump has lied thousands of times.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-false-or-misleading-claims/

On Politifact, 84% of his statements are at least half false.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

In a recent poll, only 13% of Americans believe Trump is honest.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/388107-poll-just-13-percent-of-americans-consider-trump-honest-and

Your turn.

Prove to us your claim that this woman lies more than Trump.

I can wait.

This should be good.

She hasn't been in office as long as Trump, or even the public eye for that matter. So I hardly see how I can. But go check her out on politifacts or snopes or whatever. Her statements are equally garbage, especially on things related to money. Should I pull up some examples?