POLITICS THREAD

#8351 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#8352 Edited by AbstractRaze (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: He's implying it in a symbolic way and not literal at all, and yes, he's indeed the chosen one in a way, because he's the first one, who's going against the Status Quo in the United States of America, he's clearly going against the Neo-liberal economic script regarding China.

Neither Clinton, Bush, Obama did anything, they all were submissive leaders, he clearly said that in 2 interviews.

1. "Someone had to take on China"

2. "I'm the chosen one"

Minute 2:16

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

The only one who should go to the hospital is you, because I think that you're clearly a sociopath and a sadist, you're beyond mentally ill, I already feel sorry for your newborn, hopefully you lose your parenthood rights, because I perfectly know that images like these won't affect you, people like you are the biggest slavery supporters, you're a retrograde person and a domestic threat.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The only way to save those people in China, whether slaves and other numerous exploited workers, is by destabilizing the Chinese Communist government, sink the entire country in a crisis, people should experience hunger, get mad, take weapons and annihilate the Communist regime from the inside.

That's the only sad way, furthermore, it promotes high values proper from the West, where people should live with dignity and not otherwise, slowly/progressively cutting off China will result with a greater good in the long run, otherwise, the US will experience an agonizing economic death.

Hong Kong raises the American flag more often than so many Americans, because they truly value freedom of expression, high humane standards and democracy, they consider the Founding Fathers as brilliant.

George Washington.

Thomas Jefferson.

James Madison.

John Adams.

Thomas Paine.

Alexander Hamilton.

Benjamin Franklin.

Samuel Adams.

Patrick Henry.

Gouverneur Morris.

No Caption Provided

PS:

But do you know what, it's pretty evident why you oppose the Founding Fathers, it's because you don't feel as an American, that's the truth, at this point, you are not an American citizen.

#8353 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump implied he's aiming to get rid of birthright citizenship, so I guess that's bye bye Barron lmao

Trump was born in America.

Now I want to keep birthright citizenship. I understand that there is a problem with people using "anchor babies" to try and get into the US, but I'd like the birthright thing to stay in place. The majority of countries - including all European countries, do not have birthright citizenship without restriction like you find in the US.

No Caption Provided

Barron would be a US citizen by virtually every country's definition of "citizen" throughout the world.

#8354 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

@black3stpanth3r: Hey Amigo! Where have you been hiding?

Democrats are to blame for the quality of life of black Americans.

Go ahead, and give me your best argument to convince me that's not true. In every major city where a substantial number of African Americans live - they are run by Democrats and have been for at least 60 years. At least since the 1960's Democrats have had almost exclusive control of predominantly black neighborhoods. They have run the schools. They have run the local governments and municipalities.

Recently when conservative volunteers went into Baltimore to pick-up trash to help reduce the rat problem - the Democrat controlled newspaper - the Baltimore Sun, ran an article criticizing the volunteers for helping. "How dare conservatives try and clean up Democrat controlled neighborhoods". They even claimed it was too dangerous to clean up the neighborhoods and that this would lead to people being killed.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/baltimore-sun-lashes-out-at-republican-volunteers-who-helped-clean-dilapidated-neighborhoods

In Baltimore literally half of the predominantly black public schools do not have a single, not even 1 student, who is on his/her grade level. 0% of students on grade level for half of all Baltimore schools. And who has controlled those schools for 60 plus years? Democrats.

Why aren't Democrats to blame for how schools and government services are performing in black communities?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#8355 Edited by buttersdaman000 (23224 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_sayin said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Trump implied he's aiming to get rid of birthright citizenship, so I guess that's bye bye Barron lmao

Trump was born in America.

Now I want to keep birthright citizenship. I understand that there is a problem with people using "anchor babies" to try and get into the US, but I'd like the birthright thing to stay in place. The majority of countries - including all European countries, do not have birthright citizenship without restriction like you find in the US.

No Caption Provided

Barron would be a US citizen by virtually every country's definition of "citizen" throughout the world.

It was a joke. Melania got a (suspect) visa, and i'm pretty sure only one parent needs to be a citizen anyways. We both know Barron is an anchor baby in all but name though.

#8356 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio
#8357 Posted by CyborgZod (961 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump, destroying the economy, one tweet at a time.

#8358 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1555 posts) - - Show Bio
#8359 Edited by Thekillerklok (10243 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

I loath the DNC.

#8360 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio

"companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China" - Trump

Trump really is delusional. The guy actually thinks he can "order" American companies to do... anything. This is like what a 10 year old thinks a President is.

And another day in the slow motion train wreck that is Trump's trade wars. Sadly, Republicans in Congress have completely ignored their responsibility to the country and refuse to impeach this guy. If the economy collapses, it's entirely on them.

#8361 Posted by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

Besides his delusional mental state, His trade war is shutting down small businesses and even large ones. Aluminum, steel have cut thousands of business owners profits in half literally. That's just those two things, don't get me started on Farmers and Industry etc..

#8362 Edited by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75: Personally I blame the ones who made those bad trade deals more. I always felt it was going to hurt to fix it. Nobody is going to want to give up something so advantageous to themselves without a fight. If they didn't do them in the first place, we wouldn't be in the position we're in now. Not with getting fracked with unfair trade and not having Trump handling it in the way some think is bad.

Edit: (Just personal feeling so I could be wrong) I always felt it was going to come down to something like a trade war to get out of it. I think they knew that which is why they never really did anything about it. None wanted the blow-back that would come of it. I'd rather someone else be doing it but because they wouldn't we have someone like Trump who is.

#8363 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton:

Besides his delusional mental state, His trade war is shutting down small businesses and even large ones. Aluminum, steel have cut thousands of business owners profits in half literally. That's just those two things, don't get me started on Farmers and Industry etc..

Yeah, not only are American consumers hurting and losing thousands of dollars per year now due to this trade war, many American industries are being irreparably hurt. We have to remember that even if the trade war stopped cold tomorrow, a lot of the damage is done and will remain for many years. Trade relationships are built over a long time, and once broken and competing companies come in to take over the deals that Americans had, those relationships wont come back as easily as hitting "send" on a tweet. And while Trump is destroying out ability to trade overseas, many other countries are moving in. This is their chance to establish long-lasting relationships at the expense of American companies.

And to think Republicans used to be the party of free trade and business. Now they're the party of isolationism and anti-free trade, the party of dictatorship where they think they can command companies to do their political will.

#8364 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio

Now apparently Trump is claiming he has "second thoughts" on the trade war with China... LOL. Next up: Trump will claim that there is no trade war and it's all a hoax made up by the media.

Trump vs reality:

Trump - Trade wars are good, and easy to win

Reality - Trade wars are not good. Fair and open trade are good. And... China is winning this trade war, while American consumers, farmers, companies, and the national debt are losing.

Trump - China is paying the tariffs

Reality - US consumers and importers are paying the tariffs.

Trump - The economy is the greatest it's ever been.

Reality - The markets have been on a roller coaster ride for more than a year now, and the economy is starting to tank, which is why Trump keeps attacking the Fed for not lowering interest rates more. Why does a strong economy need interest rates lowered?? Remember when Trump attacked and insulted Obama because the Fed was lowering rates during the great recession? How, he claims we have the greatest economy.... but still wants rates lowered. Hmm...

Trump - The Fed is the enemy. The media is the enemy. Our intelligence agencies are the enemy. Our allies are the enemy. Foreigners and anyone who's not white are the enemy.

Reality - Trump is the enemy.

#8365 Posted by The_Magister (15193 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Trump is just a dumbass. Legit, I don't get how anyone can view his basic interactions & thought processes and think he's intelligent at all.

#8366 Edited by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:
@destinyman75 said:

@willpayton:

Yeah, not only are American consumers hurting and losing thousands of dollars per year now due to this trade war, many American industries are being irreparably hurt. We have to remember that even if the trade war stopped cold tomorrow, a lot of the damage is done and will remain for many years. Trade relationships are built over a long time, and once broken and competing companies come in to take over the deals that Americans had, those relationships wont come back as easily as hitting "send" on a tweet. And while Trump is destroying out ability to trade overseas, many other countries are moving in. This is their chance to establish long-lasting relationships at the expense of American companies.

And to think Republicans used to be the party of free trade and business. Now they're the party of isolationism and anti-free trade, the party of dictatorship where they think they can command companies to do their political will.

Willie, while you have confused "Republicans" with the policies of Trump, I am so glad that you are becoming more and more of a true Republican each day. It does my heart good to see your disdain for tariffs. protectionist tariff policies are bad - even when Democrats support them (which was for most of US history). However, Democrats politicians have not rushed to condemn tariffs as they should even though the majority of Republican politicians have (Democrat candidates have been too busy promising Iowa more protectionist tariffs to protect ethanol production). Even lefty-opinion-masquerading-as-real-news CNN wonders where are the Democrats on tariffs and why they haven't spoken out more.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/democrats-free-trade-fault-lines/index.html

Again, Willie, please don't blame Republicans who are condemning Trump's tariffs for embracing policies that are historically associated with the left. And welcome to the world of prosperity and capitalism, we Republicans welcome you to our domain.

#8367 Posted by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

lol Someone on CNN saying Trump is worse than Hitler. Can we stop taking them seriously now?

Haven't watched the full video yet. About to.

#8368 Edited by mrmonster (17093 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump has suggested using nukes to stop hurricanes from hitting the US. I wish I were joking, but I'm not.

#8369 Posted by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio
#8371 Edited by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: Never heard of Axios. I was hoping for something more substantial. Like actual quotes with context besides hearsay from unknown sources. I'm forced to take this with a skeptical grain of salt.

#8372 Posted by mrmonster (17093 posts) - - Show Bio
#8373 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio
#8374 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#8375 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#8376 Posted by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot who it was but some in the media was actually going after the Honk Kong protestors like they were the bad guys.

#8377 Edited by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

@black3stpanth3r: Yo ese! Where are you at man? You are missed. Well, another day - another racist act by a Democrat. Did you see what DeBlasio is attempting to do to Asian students in NY? He wants to do away with all gifted programs in NY.

Desegregation Plan: Eliminate All Gifted Programs in New York

Gifted programs are about 66% Asian in New York City. Asian students are statistically poorer than either Hispanic and Black students, who do not fare as well on entrance exams into the gifted programs. This act will reduce the number of Asian students able to go on to elite universities and colleges. It will negatively impact their ability to learn and earn, and will leave them in classrooms with peers who are academically slower than they are. How does this help them? Answer: It doesn't.

You know who else Democrat policies don't help? Answer: African American and Hispanic students! Do you know how many black and Hispanic students will be in gifted programs in the public schools in NYC, if DeBlasio gets his way? Zero. What's a talented black student's chances of getting into an elite STEM university without the prerequisite advanced classes? Instead of helping more black students get a better education by increasing the number of gifted programs and raising educational standards to help more black students achieve those goals - the Democrats have dumbed down everything in the name of diversity. Now everyone will equally receive a blow average education.

Tell me, how does this help a black child get a better education? How does tearing down an Asian student's academic opportunities, enable a black child to learn more? Amigo, why are you part of this party?

#8378 Posted by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_sayin: Not yet and if you have been watching TULSI has far exceeded the requirements but the DNC is trying to deny her hard as they can we're shall see

#8379 Posted by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_sayin: @just_sayin: Not yet and if you have been watching TULSI has far exceeded the requirements but the DNC is trying to deny her hard as they can we're shall see

#8380 Posted by destinyman75 (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_sayin: @just_sayin: Not yet and if you have been watching TULSI has far exceeded the requirements but the DNC is trying to deny her hard as they can we shall see, if the neo cons are that stupid

#8381 Edited by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

@destinyman75 said:

@just_sayin: @just_sayin: Not yet and if you have been watching TULSI has far exceeded the requirements but the DNC is trying to deny her hard as they can we shall see, if the neo cons are that stupid

She met the 2 percent qualifier in several polls - just not ones counted by the DNC; even ones done by the same organization as ones used by the DNC. I think she should be in the debate. She ripped Harris a new one in the last debate and has stood out. I'm happy if she can get in.

#8382 Posted by Thekillerklok (10243 posts) - - Show Bio
@destinyman75 said:

She met the 2 percent qualifier in several polls - just not ones counted by the DNC; even ones done by the same organization as ones used by the DNC. I think she should be in the debate. She ripped Harris a new one in the last debate and has stood out. I'm happy if she can get in.

Probably the military industrial complex in the background. you see if we use up arms there is a reason to make more, and there is an obscene amount of money that goes into maintaining that house of cards.

Harris isn't down with the war the same dnc of which has had several high ranking officials admit to rigging the 2016 election against bernie, is now rigging the cards yet again.

So viva la trump I guess.

#8383 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio
#8384 Edited by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio
#8385 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#8386 Posted by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

Sleepy Joe Biden has spoken out against systemic racism. Way to go Joe!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51126/biden-institutional-racism-white-mans-problem-ashe-schow

Only problem is Joe and the Democrat party are the only ones who support systemic racism. Sleepy Joe supports policies which discriminate against Asian students in high school and college admissions. He supports affirmative action laws and policies which discriminate against whites, Asians and men. These laws are the clearest examples in America of real systemic racism. You can go and quote chapter and verse of the law. Some of these racist laws have been on the books since the early 70's. This is truly "systemic" racism. And Sleepy Joe and the Democrats support this form of racism. They believe their racism is good racism. But its just racism, and it is morally wrong.

I hope Sleepy Joe can hear his own words on the subject:

It’s there, and the only way — from the founding of this country to today — you deal with it is you attack it. You expose it. You embarrass it. You put people in jail when they engage in things that are illegal when they’re doing it — you call them out. And most of all, you call it out to our children.

So Joe - do you repent of your racist ways? Will you end these racist laws and policies? Will you continue to support racism? Will you denounce racism in all of its forms - or will you continue to hold some racism in your heart?

#8387 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

For Pete's sake, people are still crying about Trump not showing his taxes? It literally means nothing, and it doesn't change anything. Let it go, it's not that big of a deal.

#8388 Edited by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

Her and AOC seem to be fighting for who can make the most scandals for the dems.

Bonus mentioning his video of him reporting about NYT reporter saying anti Semitic things and New York Times defending him. Going after people for things they do.

Loading Video...
#8389 Edited by just_sayin (3888 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone see Dave Chappelle's latest comedy special on Netflix? Definitely not for the easily offended - he takes on the outrage mob's efforts to ban Kevin Hart at the the Oscars, the alphabet people (LGBT), guns, abortion, Jussie Smollett and political correctness. I'm sure he isn't a conservative, but he zigged and zagged from the bullets of the outrage mob so well.

#8390 Posted by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_sayin: I only saw the "secret" question and answering portion at the end. Where he did impressions like the one where he acted dumb and said he was going to destroy you for something you said. THen he asked the crowed who that was. The crowd said Trump but he said it's you. You're the worst crowed and you're the reason I don't preform much anymore.

Loved it.

#8391 Posted by Thekillerklok (10243 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: have you seen this yet?

Loading Video...

stuff like this is why I am pro gun. Without arms you don't have speech.

#8392 Edited by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

@thekillerklok: yah man that shit's crazy. If that is the same guy I don't think it's a hater but a crazy fan. Either way the person must be warped to think this was ok.

#8393 Edited by mrmonster (17093 posts) - - Show Bio

Great story. Too bad its not true. The DOJ report made it clear that there was no criminal wrongdoing on Comey's part, but hey, since when do Trump's Tweets reflect reality?

#8394 Posted by DanielDaRipper (6030 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone see Dave Chappelle's latest comedy special on Netflix? Definitely not for the easily offended - he takes on the outrage mob's efforts to ban Kevin Hart at the the Oscars, the alphabet people (LGBT), guns, abortion, Jussie Smollett and political correctness. I'm sure he isn't a conservative, but he zigged and zagged from the bullets of the outrage mob so well.

Yeah it was hilarious. Tbh if he came out and said he was conservative I wouldn't be surprised.

#8395 Posted by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

@just_sayin said:

Yeah it was hilarious. Tbh if he came out and said he was conservative I wouldn't be surprised.

I would. Don't confuse standing against some ridiculous from the modern left as being conservative now.

#8396 Edited by Dernman (26462 posts) - - Show Bio

Did CNN really suggest Trump wants to nuke hurricanes because they're from Africa and he's racist?

Edit: Not sure I took it that way. I want others opinions.

#8397 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio

Trump is apparently encouraging officials to break the law, promising them that he'd pardon them... nice.

Loading Video...

#8398 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio

Great story. Too bad its not true. The DOJ report made it clear that there was no criminal wrongdoing on Comey's part, but hey, since when do Trump's Tweets reflect reality?

Trump's words and reality dont intersect very often.

Lets take a look at his latest scorecard...

No Caption Provided

70% of recorded statements at least mostly false. Yeah, that sounds about right.

#8399 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio

For Pete's sake, people are still crying about Trump not showing his taxes? It literally means nothing, and it doesn't change anything. Let it go, it's not that big of a deal.

It certainly seems to be a big deal to Trump, who is literally suing to stop his tax returns from being released, and has lied for years now about why he has refused to release them... after promising to do so.

If it's not a big deal, why doesnt he release them as he promised? What is he hiding? Why has Trump ordered his officials to ignore requests from Congress to testify? Why has he tried to cover up facts about his and his families involvement with Russia? All these things are important, because the President has immense power and apparently can even commit crimes and not be held accountable. So the only accountability is the American people either voting him out of office, or forcing Congress to impeach him. But how can Americans make such a decision without all the facts? Please tell me why the American people are not entitled to the truth.

#8400 Posted by Iron_Tiger (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

@iron_tiger said:

It certainly seems to be a big deal to Trump, who is literally suing to stop his tax returns from being released, and has lied for years now about why he has refused to release them... after promising to do so.

If it's not a big deal, why doesnt he release them as he promised? What is he hiding? Why has Trump ordered his officials to ignore requests from Congress to testify? Why has he tried to cover up facts about his and his families involvement with Russia? All these things are important, because the President has immense power and apparently can even commit crimes and not be held accountable. So the only accountability is the American people either voting him out of office, or forcing Congress to impeach him. But how can Americans make such a decision without all the facts? Please tell me why the American people are not entitled to the truth.

I doubt that. Wouldn't you try to stop someone from throwing your personal information out into the public eye? Or, are you one of those types of people that, when presented this actual question, you'd mention that you don't actually care and would show everyone when asked, but in reality, you really don't feel you have to and therefore won't [because you're somehow exempt since you're not the President]?

Because, it's no one's business but his and the IRS. I'm ignoring everything else.