Pixels (2015) vs. Ghostbusters (2016)

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Pixels (2015) vs. Ghostbusters (2016) (39 votes)

Pixels 44%
Ghostbusters 23%
Either/Neither 33%

So, I finally got around to watching both movies, and I noticed something. One, neither were as bad as I thought they'd be, with Ghostbusters not being as horrid as the hypd led it on to be, and Pixels not being as bad as Adam's past fails. But the second thing I saw was the fact that they both have some eerie similarities...not saying are clones of one another, or that one was copying the other. I just noticed a weird series of shared traits...

Both movies follow a enemy who wants to destroy the world by releasing army of heavily (CG) paranormal/supernatural entities onto our planet. A team of four comedically silly protagonist, who are the only ones who know/understand/are skilled in what's going on. No know believes them, or wants to believe them at first. But, they have to convince everyone, before the said enemies arrive in a large climactic battle where a giant horde of them are released from a portal in the sky, to wreak havoc on the city. The cities authorities can't handle the threat, and are comedically done away with, as the heroes fight off the horde with plasma weaponry, before face a large final boss. Also, both a made by Sony and are based off of highly loved properties of the 1980s.....

I'm sure I'm looking too deep into this, and most of the similarities may be average story tropes. But, it just seems so identical, lol...so, which do tou dudes like more and do you see the similarities?.....also, I don't know if this has been done before...

d^_^b

• 
Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Both are awful

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are bad.

The end.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

GB was frame bye frame what I thought I was, neither bad or good. And it pissed people off which is fun. Pixels was Adam sandler after he saw that Furtrama episode, then added Peter Dinklage/ Serena Williams/ Maratha Stewert threesomes and Josh Gad having babies with Qbert......so brain killing garbage

ukpkmkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved GB. Terrible by movie standards but if you want to laugh at fat people, empowered feminists and Melissa McCarthy's mistakes then I suggest you watch it.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I'm tempted to vote Pixels just to spite the new Ghostbusters.

After months of feminists like Franchesca Ramsey bash movie fans for their "sexism" and "misogny", all while ignoring the fact that the movie looked like garbage, I've wanted to bash the new Ghostbusters movie, which I haven't even seen, every chance I get. It's my way of sending all those trolls a middle finger.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

GB, Pixel was hot, hot garbage.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GB was better than pixels.

Wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, but it was a good amount of fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010b6e44d6
deactivated-627010b6e44d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed Ghostbusters, I can't say the same for Pixels.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bella_blackstar: Yo, that Martha/Serene thing was kind of smexy...

No Caption Provided
@ukpkmkk said:

I loved GB. Terrible by movie standards but if you want to laugh at fat people, empowered feminists and Melissa McCarthy's mistakes then I suggest you watch it.

...after watching it a few more times, I would agree...it's kind of fun to watch, in a mesochristic, cringy, someone-stabbing-mi-in-mi-bum-while-I-eat-cookies type way.....

d^_^b

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pixels. And I hated Pixels. But GB was such a lump of trash.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I've only seen the extended version of Ghostbusters. I thought it was pretty decent and far better than Pixels.

sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghostbusters was actually pretty enjoyable, haven't seen pixels.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought both were entertaining. Pixels was funnier, and maybe had a better plot. Both had pretty looking CGI though.

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

You could put spongebob against ghostbusters and I would vote for spongebob

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are trash. But I'd pick Pixels over GB anyday.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
Lord_Adamantium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are trash. But I'd pick Pixels over GB anyday.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

Pixels at least was somewhat entertaining. GB was just painful.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By jumpstart55
  • I,d say Ghostbusters by a wide margin...It wasnt a great film more along the lines of descent.....I found it to be very funny and certainly entertaining...I think my fondness for SNL skits is what really sold me since alot of the humor was very reminiscent of those same skits..Plus Melissa Mccarthy is always funny.
  • Pixels on the other hand was grade A garbage with a generic af story line, unfunny jokes and just further proof that Adam Sandler and his buddies are way past their prime...
  • And once again this goes to show why i should never go by reviews or what other people say..
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I thought both were okay.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Both were bad and devoid of creativity, but Pixels was a coherent movie that followed a script, regardless of how bad it was. Ghost Busters was a schizophrenic Ghost Busters parody that was structured like a bad SNL script that didn't know what it wanted to be. Ghostbusters is one of the biggest disasters of a movie, rivaling suicide squad.

I feel dirty giving Pixels any merit as a movie.