Petition to bring back Dragon Ball Z

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pfcoolio14

I think everyone's had enough time to calm down after the Screw Attack debating. If anything, I think the only topic that should be banned is Goku vs Superman.

Dragon Ball Z is one of the most influential anime/cartoons in the world. It didn't only affect Eastern culture, but a large portion of Western Society. It's more popular than a majority of some comic characters if not almost all. Alot of us have grown up watching Dragon Ball Z and some of us have read the manga and followed closely. I admit that we hit a rocky part of the road before it was banned, but that wasn't gonna last forever and I think it's time to bring it back if we're to be fair to all of our users.

And I know everything isn't fair, but if we try to find niceness to people who happen to be fans of more than just comics, then I think that'd be great.

If you agree, sign and discuss your points below.

If you don't, I'm sincerely asking you not to post your disagreement or anything that'll distract from the point of this thread because the impact will be lessened.

Anyway, I think it's time. Here it is.

EDIT: Everything has been mixed so far, so to lessen confusion, if you support an unbanning put a bold P at the beginning of your post

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was never cool with DBZ being banned, but looking at the fan base for the recockulas calc feats DBZ fans back, it makes debating near impossible.

In short, it may be many years before it is unbanned, and then re banned.

I however think Dragon Ball is cool enough to be debated again. DBZ not so much.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cadencev2 said:

I was never cool with DBZ being banned, but looking at the fan base for the recockulas calc feats DBZ fans back, it makes debating near impossible.

In short, it may be many years before it is unbanned, and then re banned.

I however think Dragon Ball is cool enough to be debated again. DBZ not so much.

here here

ehhh...what they hell

P

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reaverlation

DBZ brings in too much calculating where people will over exaggerate their abilities.For example using LSSJ Broly and saying he can destroy Galaxies(which he never did)and put him up against Odin leaving it to turn into a flame war.DBZ should remain banned IMO but if it gets unbanned I'm cool with it

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Experio

P

Guys like Piccolo and Tien deserve to be put into battles with other universes. I wish I could say the same for Goku and Vegeta, but its possible for things to change and turn out good after a while.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think it should still be banned, i feel DBZ characters can only be legitimately matched with his own universe with all those fan made calculations that most of times are flat out wrong. Calculations in comics work differently since they are more attuned to use physics which is more reliable.

I also think allowing them in CaVs was a nice move. It's WAY more civilized.

That being said, calculations should ONLY be used as a support, not as the very base of an argument, which is DBZ's characters main problem.

It's good as it is, and it should stay that way.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we bring DragonBall characters back at least?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who actually experienced the unban and then reban of DBZ, I can vouch that most of the threads only went sour because of spiteful comic book fanboys. Most of the time, the Dragon Ball debaters were the peaceful ones actually making arguments. Shocking I know.

I'd love for it to get unbanned but I doubt it will.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pfcoolio14

I think it should still be banned, i feel DBZ characters can only be legitimately matched with his own universe with all those fan made calculations that most of times are flat out wrong. Calculations in comics work differently since they are more attuned to use physics which is more reliable.

I also think allowing them in CaVs was a nice move. It's WAY more civilized.

That being said, calculations should ONLY be used as a support, not as the very base of an argument, which is DBZ's characters main problem.

It's good as it is, and it should stay that way.

Thank you for supporting the petition

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ isn't banned, just DBZ vs other characters because of the fan wars. They actually brought back DBZ vs other universes' characters for a while, but it ended in more flame and they banned it again. I'm afraid that with incompetent fanboys/girls, this petition will never work. :( Props on the effort though.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think we can allow DB characters safely but DBZ and GT should still be banned

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By homicidalmaniac

DBZ/DBGT had cause many heated flame wars in the battle forums.It is overwhelming of how many calculations and power scaling about each DBZ/DBGT character in the old vine battles threads.It not like this site is anti-DBZ or anything,a few mods like God_Spawn wanted the ban to be lifted.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cor_Tsar

P

World Breaker Hulk vs Broly, i want to create if it hasn't already, if it has, then i want to bump it without it getting locked. I support the petition, i don't support power scaling/SSJ calculating, it's BS. Goku should be able to bust a planet, i don't doubt it. I do doubt Goku being galactic, or even solar system busting in power. If Kid Buu can't bust a solar system via on screen feats, then it shouldn't even be considered.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14: Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against DBZ, but their calculations. Anyway, i could agree that DB characters are matchable with comic characters without recurring to calculation-spam but on panel feats alone. So i think DB is ok to come back.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By generator2000

P Dbz should be unbanned

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pfcoolio14
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

In before the lock

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@ghostravage: Man, Cardle_grave whole DBZ style is souly relies on calculations/power scaling as seen in the CAV Goku Vs Galactus.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By generator2000
Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love DBZ but nothing has changed in the fan base, blind fanboyism will continue if it were to be unbanned. With people saying Broly could beat Odin or Galactus for example and flame wars would rise like always, considering most exclusively accept feats and most of the debating for DBZ comes from calculations and power scaling It would just be re banned anyways most likely. Dragonball on the other hand I agree with most that it should be brought back or at least use lower characters like Videl and Hercule from Z.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Most DBZ characters should be usable if we ignore SSJ calculations and powerscaling for the most part. No one in DBZ ever showed anything above planet busting, nobody even showed star busting nor star durability. A lot of DBZ characters have their own unique skills, if not with a different source. But everyone tries to make it seem like Goku is Herald level and beyond by using calcs, and then the unique characters (Buu, Cell, Broly, Janemba) can never have their place to shine.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pfcoolio14

In before the lock

It doesn't have to be locked. It could just be moved to Off-Topic

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DeathHero61

P

Honestly the main reason why it was banned was due to powerscaling and inconsistent feats. Resulting in heated debates why said reasons are not logical for use. i don't mind either way, it just bothers me that even when you try to make the conditions balanced that they still lock your threads on those battles anyway....

Like everyone said its probably best to allow only Dragon ball for now. DBZ is growing, especially in popularity, so its highly assumable the series will continue someday, dragon ball ended long ago so its probably safe to use dragon ball and not dbz since if dbz truly continues that will mean more illogical powerscaling and illogical calculations.

I always wanted to do ranma 1/2 characters versus Dragon ball characters, they are so equal in stats. But its impossible with dragon ball being banned.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@allstarsuperman said:

In before the lock

It doesn't have to be locked. It could just be moved to Off-Topic

Then why didnt you make it there in the first place? And I actually think it would be moved to General Discussion.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By theONEtaichou

I personally believe the problem lies in people not being able to realise western comics and manga work differently. Not being attuned to 'science'. You can see it a lot in many a manga vs comic threads. Linear thought processes on both sides unfortunately.

I say unban all of Db/Z/GT... just ban the molotov throwers.

good day

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28 JediXMan  Moderator

It should remain banned. DBZ was the primary reason that anime was banned in the first place, and I don't think that was right.

DBZ does nothing but attract trolls and fanboys half the time, who expressly make spite threads and countless Goku vs Superman threads.

DBZ should remain banned, and this petition won't work, because the moderators are smart enough to see that the battle forums are not ready.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cor_Tsar

@allstarsuperman: iirc wasn't it a petition that helped unban anime in the first place, this relates solely to the battle forums, it belongs here imo.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skit

I still stand by my view that Dragon Ball not Z or GT should be allowed. All of the issues come in with PL's, scaling and calcs. Every fiction can fall prey to this obviously, but Dragonball Z just happens to be the most well known Anime series ever. It's popularity combined with usage of things like PL's in the series is just a bad combination. DB on the other hand never had any of these issues with legitimate feats for characters and generally less terminology heavy and having no PL's. So I still don't understand why DB is locked, but can agree or at least understand the banning of Z and GT.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar said:

@allstarsuperman: iirc wasn't it a petition that helped unban anime in the first place, this relates solely to the battle forums, it belongs here imo.

Same and also

P

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JediXMan  Moderator

I personally believe the problem lies in people not being able to realise western comics and manga work differently. Not being attuned to 'science'. You can see it a lot in many a manga vs comic threads. Linear thought processes on both sides unfortunately.

I don't see this problem in all anime threads. It's mostly DBZ.

Whenever I'm involved in FMA, Code Geass, or Hellsing related threads, people are usually civil. So no, it's not anime as a whole.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

good day

It's not Manga, since i've debated in plenty of Manga threads and i don't need to base my arguments solely in calculations... Rather than simple calculations plenty of people could understand and agree with, not that power scaling and all that world of speculation...

It's not Manga... It's DBZ.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: but... but... broly vs hulk :'(. Just tell me something Jedi, when will the battle forums be ready?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P Only characters like Goku, Broly, SSJ4 Gogeta, and Bills should be banned from battling with other universes's characters. Other characters should be able to battle, since they do not have such fierce fanbases.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Man, Cardle_grave whole DBZ style is souly relies on calculations/power scaling as seen in the CAV Goku Vs Galactus.

I wouldn't be able to debate against him any time soon, since im strongly against those calculations.

@cor_tsar said:

@ghostravage: Most DBZ characters should be usable if we ignore SSJ calculations and powerscaling for the most part. No one in DBZ ever showed anything above planet busting, nobody even showed star busting nor star durability. A lot of DBZ characters have their own unique skills, if not with a different source. But everyone tries to make it seem like Goku is Herald level and beyond by using calcs, and then the unique characters (Buu, Cell, Broly, Janemba) can never have their place to shine.

Yeah, probably...

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DB series should stay banned. I've gone through 3-4 bans of Manga/Anime the sec DB series was banned there hasn't been a need to ban the other manga/anime so it all worked out for the better.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who actually experienced the unban and then reban of DBZ, I can vouch that most of the threads only went sour because of spiteful comic book fanboys. Most of the time, the Dragon Ball debaters were the peaceful ones actually making arguments. Shocking I know.

This if you go back and revisit the old threads you would see that some the guys siding with Dragonball were the calm ones, I guess some people can't take Dragonball guys winning fights.

But I would like to see Dragonball back just Dragonball though, not Dbz if it was to get unbanned I'd bet that the Battle forums would be flooded with Dragonball characters.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P

Why ban a topic because some people can't keep their butthurting quiet? If certain people can't prevent themselves from participating in flaming then ban them, don't limit the point of the Battles series: to see who can beat who.

P.S. Powerscaling is pretty sound. People just don't accept the power because it makes them/their favorite hero lose. Of course some of it is just wrong.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 JediXMan  Moderator
@cor_tsar said:

@jedixman: but... but... broly vs hulk :'(. Just tell me something Jedi, when will the battle forums be ready?

I don't know. The only thing I know is that they have been on the decline, with the trolls and fanboys severely outweighing the actual debaters.

While they might never be ready, that doesn't justify unbanning something that does nothing but cause strife.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a battle, so it probably won't get locked.

Probably. I think it's more likely it just gets moved to another forum.

Anyway, this very petition shows why we can't have DBZ back. I'm not referring to the OP. He actually did a fine job of peacefully establishing a petition.

What I'm talking about are those people who are like "The problem with DBZ is it's completely based on wrong calculations."

Now I'm not saying that they're right or wrong, I'm just saying that people who don't care for DBZ immediately shun DBZ logic and label it as wrong. It's just different from comic logic. Because in comics, you can base everything off of feats. In DBZ, the only feats you really get are beating other characters. This limits DBZ to ABC logic and calculations.

Go figure that those are the two types of logic that comic fans seem to hate the most.

So I would love to support DBZ coming back. I really would. But if comic fans refuse to accept DBZ logic, then I don't see how it's possible. It just leads to anger on both sides, and the anger leads to flame wars.

It would make my day if it could work out though.

Jmarshmallow

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

This if you go back and revisit the old threads you would see that some the guys siding with Dragonball were the calm ones, I guess some people can't take Dragonball guys winning fights.

But I would like to see Dragonball back just Dragonball though, not Dbz if it was to get unbanned I'd bet that the Battle forums would be flooded with Dragonball characters.

Lemme see that P!

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JediXMan  Moderator

P

Why ban a topic because some people can't keep their butthurting quiet?

Yeah, because talk like this is totally fine.

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Darkbiscuit
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac said:

I wouldn't be able to debate against him any time soon, since im strongly against those calculations.

Me either,I have a dislike of DBZ style calculation too.I'm wonder this thread is going to be lock or not.Off Topic:I got into a new series called "Date A Live".

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marshall_long said:

@nickzambuto said:

Lemme see that P!

It's not going to work. You're not the first person to make a "bring back DBZ" thread. Comic Vine isn't a democracy where the population has a say... it's a website about comic book characters. If the mods want to bring DBZ back then they'll do it, but if they don't, well, maybe if we gather up a few select hardcore DBZ fans, we can mastermind a plan to become moderators, infiltrate their ranks and initiate an uprising.

I'll give my P though just to show my support for it coming back.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: That was intentional.

How, in any way, does it help your cause?

If you read their reasons, it wasn't because of the DBZ fanboys, but the comic fanboys. It was a mess.

The ban was removed. Want to know why it returned?

The tempory uplift proved to be a failure not due to what I thought would be an infulx of manga/anime fans trolling and causing flame wars but by Comic users going in and instantly going on a rampage about how stupid this or that thread was. The real problem starts when pictures of fail and name calling began appearing and no one used the FLAG button to bring it to the mods attention, you all continued back and forth and then complained about it not willing to do anything to bring it to the mods! but yet complaing that the mods where not doing anything.

as such the uplift has been stopped and the rule put back into action.

Source.

Pfcoolio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pfcoolio14 said:

@marshall_long said:

@nickzambuto said:

Lemme see that P!

It's not going to work. You're not the first person to make a "bring back DBZ" thread. Comic Vine isn't a democracy where the population has a say... it's a website about comic book characters. If the mods want to bring DBZ back then they'll do it, but if they don't, well, maybe if we gather up a few select hardcore DBZ fans, we can mastermind a plan to become moderators, infiltrate their ranks and initiate an uprising.

I'll give my P though just to show my support for it coming back.

I know it's not a democracy, but you never know with enough people and agreement, something might happen. And thank you for your P.

theONEtaichou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonetaichou said:

@ghostravage said:

good day

It's not Manga, since i've debated in plenty of Manga threads and i don't need to base my arguments solely in calculations... Rather than simple calculations plenty of people could understand and agree with, not that power scaling and all that world of speculation...

It's not Manga... It's DBZ.

I think some mangas are simple, while others are complex. A manga where someone picks up a planet and throws it into a star... easy debate against Superman/Thor/Hulk etc. A powerscaling manga like DBZ.... not so much.

I agree mate, we don't need to base all debates on calculations but some require that. You are right though, moderation.

good day

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't it be easier just to go to a website that is about anime battles?