Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By colliderz

Poll PC or Consoles (36 votes)

PC 50%
Consoles 44%

Please guys lets keep this civil I don't want the thread to get lock so no flame war

I have a good PC and think Steam is waaay more better than PSN and XBOX Live but I would go with consoles because of the exclusive games.

Which side you prefer and your reason why?

• 
TrueKing95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer consoles, something about them and the controllers. PC can potentially be better hardware and software wise but it can get pricey especially if you are building one.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren
No Caption Provided

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC

GODSTOMPS

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

PC, my Playstation is mostly a glorified DVD Player except for the few exclusives or games that just play better on console (Final Fantasy and Fighting Games comes to mind).

No reason to touch an X-Box.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

PC easily.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to say PC because within approximately 5-10 years, there will be Xbox 360 and PS3 emulators for the PC.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TehStranger
No Caption Provided

PC, but I still like Playstation since I've owned all of them since the PSX (need to get a PS4 soon) and that's how I got into gaming.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pc

The only thing consoles got are exclusives

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I don't have a console so I guess PC.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit474

Console gaming no contest. I just enjoy the simplicity that console gaming gives.

No Caption Provided

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By ilikedonuts

I prefer consoles.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS PLUS that's all i gonna say

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spinningbirdcake

PC gaming is great until I want to show a friend a game I have. My tower is waaaaay too big to take anywhere.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Aren't consoles basically just dumbed downed PC's?

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By algorhythm511

PC's now. Actually I got into PC gaming because I travel a lot and I didn't want to go through the trouble of hauling along my PS3. Plus, I have a nice 15 inch Retina Macbook Pro for my business, so might as well put it good use. :-)

I have really grown to enjoy the PC a lot, mainly graphics and mods and Steam.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Haha, I expect you know this to be true, but yes the architectures this go around are virtually the same. You can look at it in very simple terms, graphics processing on consoles is the result of a partition on the CPU, whereas a gaming PC has dedicated graphics which in turn has it's own chipset and dedicated memory. This win goes to PC, literally there are no aspects of a gaming console that outclass a PC ( without consideration for exclusive titles, and lets face it..console exclusives have sucked for a great while now, nothing like back in the day ). People flock to them because of familiarity and ignorance.

@spinningbirdcake Do you have a multiple gpu setup with liquid cooling? Otherwise I don't see the reasoning in using a full tower case, my midtower 500r is easily transported. I'm actually going to work on a micro atx build, alot of these new cases accommodate cards like the 290/780. Problem solved :)

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@marcosvergara14: A PC player would say "Steam sales, that's all I'm gonna say."

OP: Consoles.

Avatar image for oosupermanthathoeoo
oOSupermanThatHoeOo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Meh, I guess I'll weigh in again.

I'd be very wary of Steam users haha, they're a whole different breed. Although, it is true that Steam sales are overtly exciting. I got my first taste during the winter sale. It started with the offering of l4d2 for free on behalf of Valve, then I took notice to sales like the bioshock collection with dlc ( including infinite ) for 10 dollars, or Farcry 3 with Blooddragon and dlc for 10 dollars, or the entire Arma 2 collection for 5 dollars, or the Rockstar bundle with every GTA, Max Payne 3 ( which was great btw if not a grand depature from their otherwise open world natured titles ) and dlc for 15 dollars, orrrrrrr new games ( at the time ) at half cost and sometimes less. It really can be a bit overwhelming, you can even get AAA games for 2 or 3 dollars. Honestly, it's a bit too much. I found myself with a back log of 25 plus games from that venture alone. I think the non restrictive nature of client services and the operating system combined with the ability to use any control device ( 360 controller, ps4 controller, m/kb etc.. ) alone make it worth it. But I'm one to talk considering I spend most of my time on PC playing Battlefield 4.

@geekbait You really should, I own two ps4's and they pretty much just collect dust. I do use the dual shock controller for some PC games however. But if you're genuinely interested, PM me or make a topic and list your budget and the types of games you'll be looking to play so I, and hopefully others, can give you adequate build advice, parts recommendations.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I prefer consoles

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i prefer consoles. while pc's can run games better if it has the right specs, it can be costly to keep up with the specs. with the console you know that it can run every game that comes out for it. plus i prefer controllers over keyboard

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Strider1992

@oosupermanthathoeoo: Yeah I do know that lol i'm just being a sarcastic ass! To be fair I have a full tower to but I can't hook liquid cooling up to it because I don't need it and i'm not sure my case will allow for it as every part of the PC is compartmentalized. It looks awesome but its very impractical.....and heavy lol!

@bigtewell said:

i prefer consoles. while pc's can run games better if it has the right specs, it can be costly to keep up with the specs. with the console you know that it can run every game that comes out for it. plus i prefer controllers over keyboard

Consoles have a set graphics limit. If you can play the same game on a PC at the same level as a console then there really isn't much difference or need to keep up with the specs as mid-range graphics on PC are like playing HDMI for consoles so nearly every game you get will run at the same level as a console. Only if you want to surpass console definition do you have to keep up with the specs and with regards to the controllers I have a 360 controller hooked up to my PC. The console does not have an advantage their either as its perfectly easy to hook both Playstation and Xbox controllers to the PC (although I really wouldn't recommend doing that for FPS's cuz you have no auto-aim on PC lol). As I previously stated consoles have all the same components as a PC they are just extremely less powerful other than that the only difference is the OS.

Consoles = weak PC's. Thats all they are.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had to weigh in here, consoles are more convenient, but PC's are 10x better in terms of FPS, getting DLC's for better prices, as well as getting most games for a lot less than $60 (the average cost of a new console game IMO). Once I get the money I plan on building a gaming computer for about $450 then never moving on toward a future console at all.