Pastor Doyle Davidson - Water of Life Ministries - Abuses His Paid Concubine and Ex Wife

Avatar image for teaganwallis193
teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teaganwallis193: Is there a point to any of the threads you make? Honest question. It seems like you just post a random video with no explanation, no questions, no insight. Is your goal just to see how random people react to random topics?

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

lol

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HarryNorine

@ordinaryalan said:

@teaganwallis193: Is there a point to any of the threads you make? Honest question. It seems like you just post a random video with no explanation, no questions, no insight. Is your goal just to see how random people react to random topics?

He is just creating threads to get a reaction out of religious people, hoping religious people will question their faith and in other the goal is to setup a debate between atheist and religious people in hope of religious people changing their belief. In short, "Internet atheist".

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FireStarLord73194  Online

2 Timothy 3:1-5 “But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; andfrom these turn away”

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FireStarLord73194  Online

@spareheadone said:

@firestarlord73194:

What is the power of godliness?

The benefits of being guided and directed by God. Verse 5 is simply saying there are people who claim to live in that way (“having an appearance of godliness”) but prove it’s a lie by not living in accordance to it (“proving false to it’s power”) Basically in the last days religious hypocrisy will abound, the subject of this thread is case in point.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

Interesting

I always took that verse as a reference to people who did the right thing in their own power while denying that The Spirit can do works of power.

Most bibles translate it this way....."holding to a form of [b]godliness, although they have denied its power;"

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

Interesting

I always took that verse as a reference to people who did the right thing in their own power while denying that The Spirit can do works of power.

Most bibles translate it this way....."holding to a form of [b]godliness, although they have denied its power;"

The same idea applies regardless of translation. Look contextually at the qualities listed in the first four verses. There is no purity in them, nothing positive. Verse 1 says because of these qualities “critical times hard to deal with will be here” meaning these qualities will have a negative impact on humanity. If verse 5 referred to people who still did the right things, how would it contribute to the overall “critical times“? In contrast, we see religious hypocrisy taking a large “critical” toll on humanity. It turns people away from God, makes them disillusioned with his Word, promotes hatred and sometimes sadly causes bloodshed. Tensions between whole countries are caused because of religious hypocrisy. That harmonizes with the qualities listed in verses 1-4 rather fittingly. And if like me you believe we are in the last days then that interpretation of verse 5 proves to be sound since with each passing day reports of religious hypocrisy only become more commonplace and prevalent

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

I think each description applies to a different person. Not everyone will be all of these things at once.

You might have been very obedient to your parents and then broke away from them after you got married etc... or any combo you wish.

The issue i Have is in the Dunamous Power described in verse 5. This power refers to the workings of The Spirit in and through people. The Gifts that Are The Spirit. 1 Cor 12, 13 and 14.

Because this power is mentioned i think that people who deny it are part of these end time frauds.

Because this description can be taken on its own i think there are people who are good and "godly" but who deny the Power that is The Holy Spirit. They do not fan to flame the gift within them.

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FireStarLord73194  Online

@spareheadone said:

@firestarlord73194:

I think each description applies to a different person. Not everyone will be all of these things at once.

You might have been very obedient to your parents and then broke away from them after you got married etc... or any combo you wish.

The issue i Have is in the Dunamous Power described in verse 5. This power refers to the workings of The Spirit in and through people. The Gifts that Are The Spirit. 1 Cor 12, 13 and 14.

Because this power is mentioned i think that people who deny it are part of these end time frauds.

Because this description can be taken on its own i think there are people who are good and "godly" but who deny the Power that is The Holy Spirit. They do not fan to flame the gift within them.

Right, I’m not making the point that all these things are combined within a single person (although alot of people practice more than just one of these things as they are closely related) but my point is all these things need to contribute to the “critical times” promised in verse 1. We need to ask why did God include this portion in the scriptures? Verse 1 tells us, by prefacing “know this, in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here ,” So the point is to help us see where we are in the stream of time. Thus all these qualities need to be observable to other HUMANS. If someone is doing good things but denying the Holy Spirit the main thing he’s harming is his relationship with God, since denying Holy Spirit doesn’t have to be an outward expression but a feeling within the heart. If he is denying the Holy Spirit but at the same time giving of his time kindly through charity, being peaceful with his fellow man, and working good toward others can he be observed as making the world better or worse? Would he be a source of “critical times” for others in the same manner as people who practice the qualities in verses 1-4? I’m not saying people who practice these things don’t deny the Holy Spirit, but verse 5 isn’t limited to that. There are many people who whole heartedly accept the Holy Spirit but then do terrible things on God’s behalf. That would have a much larger impact on humanity as a whole and contribute to the ”critical times hard to deal with” more so than somebody good who denies the Holy Spirit, something really only God and Jesus can determine. Thus verse 5 should be understood to be religious hypocrisy in general. If you believe we are in the last days ask yourself what do I see more making the world a more “critical” place and more hard to deal with? Religious hypocrisy that produces anger, hatred, emotional harm and bloodshed or good people who deny the Holy Spirit?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

your word "critical" is from the idea of "reducing strength". This is because of denying; not the Holy spirit but denying The Power of The Holy Spirit.

"""God doesnt do that stuff anymore"""

Deny His Power and his fruits will decrease

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

your word "critical" is from the idea of "reducing strength". This is because of denying; not the Holy spirit but denying The Power of The Holy Spirit.

"""God doesnt do that stuff anymore"""

Deny His Power and his fruits will decrease

It’s critical from a human’s perspective. These verses were written to benefit humans. It also says “hard to deal with.” There’s not much God can’t deal with or is too difficult for him to. Thus all the qualities listed, including verse 5, contribute to making the world harder to deal with for humanity. Good people do not make the world hard to deal with, but easier to deal with, regardless of if they deny the Holy Spirit’s power or not. That’s between them and God and does not negatively impact humanity as a whole, only their personal relationship with God. Godliness, godly devotion, piety (Byington Version, verse 5) aren’t all created equal, still many people submit to some form of it, usually claiming it produces good works. Still they prove it‘s power false by failing to practice what they preach. Muslims are supposed to be peaceful but people kill on it‘s behalf. Christian Chaplains claim to uphold the Bible but bless troops with success in killing their enemies in war, Pastors claim to honor their neighbor but abuse the closest neighbor they have, their wives. They all prove FALSE to the power of the very religions they all preach. Hordes of people become atheist because they can’t find a religion without blood on their hands or who live up to their expectations. The effects are physical, moral and spiritual decline on a grand scale that impacts the entire planet. That fits the mold outlined by verse 1 of making the world more critical and harder to deal with than good people simply denying the power of the Holy Spirit.

You can choose to believe how you want but i think my interpretation makes more sense and harmonizes with what’s happening on earth today

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

You need only read the book of Acts to see how The Power of The Holy Spirit made things easier to deal with for those who were doing God's work.

The Holy Spirit helped them by giving them words of knowledge wisdom and prophecy; by giving them dreams and visions and by healings and miracles.

Imagine if they just believed the words in their holy books and didnt believe that God works His Dunamous Power in them. They wouldnt know God and nothing would have happened.

That is how alot are today. They dont really know what God does.

Times are troubling and perilous and dangerous for people who want to worship in spirit. People encouraging bad behaviour makes it hard. People denying that God provides Powerful and tangable help makes it even harder

FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

You need only read the book of Acts to see how The Power of The Holy Spirit made things easier to deal with for those who were doing God's work.

The Holy Spirit helped them by giving them words of knowledge wisdom and prophecy; by giving them dreams and visions and by healings and miracles.

Imagine if they just believed the words in their holy books and didnt believe that God works His Dunamous Power in them. They wouldnt know God and nothing would have happened.

That is how alot are today. They dont really know what God does.

Times are troubling and perilous and dangerous for people who want to worship in spirit. People encouraging bad behaviour makes it hard. People denying that God provides Powerful and tangable help makes it even harder

That’s all well and good but 2 Timothy 3:5 doesn’t mention the Holy Spirit at all. KJV and ASV say ”form of godliness”, Kingdom Interlinear says “having form of revering well”, and Byington says “having a formulation of piety.” It is the power of these things they are denying or proving false. No version of the Bible mentions the Holy Spirit in this verse, nor is having some form of devotion equivalent to the power of the Holy Spirit.

They dont really know what God does.

Thats my point. They don’t know what God does but they claim they do, thus they have a “form of godliness” or a false appearance of godliness. They deny it or prove it‘s power false by failing to live up to it. That simple. They make the world worse by their hypocritical works. This verse isn’t limited to just good people denying the Holy spirit

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194:

That’s all well and good but 2 Timothy 3:5 doesn’t mention the Holy Spirit at all. KJV and ASV say ”form of godliness”, Kingdom Interlinear says “having form of revering well”, and Byington says “having a formulation of piety.” It is the power of these things they are denying or proving false. No version of the Bible mentions the Holy Spirit in this verse, nor is having some form of devotion equivalent to the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit IS the power of godliness. Every good work we do without The Holy Spirit is nought but filthy menstrual rags to God. Denying the power of godliness Is denying The Holy Spirit.

Thats my point. They don’t know what God does but they claim they do, thus they have a “form of godliness” or a false appearance of godliness. They deny it or prove it‘s power false by failing to live up to it. That simple. They make the world worse by their hypocritical works. This verse isn’t limited to just good people denying the Holy spirit.

They deny The Power or they prove The Power false. I dont think they prove The Holy Spirit false. I think they deny the Power of The Holy Spirit. Wether they are morally upright or not.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess since these niggas cant get married they resort to abuse, urge must be overwhelming.

Disgusting.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan said:

He is just creating threads to get a reaction out of religious people, hoping religious people will question their faith and in other the goal is to setup a debate between atheist and religious people in hope of religious people changing their belief. In short, "Internet atheist".

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first thought was, who?

My second was, so?

My third thought, ah nevermind it is just a troll.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Just... just stop. Enough with the f***in religion threads. Enough.