Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

For discussion about the various anime/manga series, the TCG/OCG and all other things Yu-Gi-Oh.

Example talking points;

• Favourite characters
  • Decks you've used/want to use
  • Favourite cards
  • General strategy talk, etc...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

YA HOO!

I've only watched the first anime and Yu Gi Oh GX, so I don't really know many of the characters from the other series. I loves me some Seto Kaiba though, and Marik was pretty cool.

As for cards, I keep it very simple, I currently run a Zombie Swarm Deck as well as a Mausoleum of the Emperor beat down, a Spellcaster/spell counter and my favorite, a Warrior deck. NO SYNCHROS! I refuse to use them.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, I'm currently using a Galaxy rank 8 deck. Works pretty nice, I can just about get anything I want on the first turn lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: I was using a battlin boxer/fire king hybrid before I completed my Galaxies lol. Yoke is a beast.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Haven't played or watched Yu-Gi-Oh! in years but this never gets old...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

@fadetoblackbolt:

@the_stegman: 5D's is terrific. Watch it. Why not a fan of the Synchros?

I've been meaning to watch 5Ds, just haven't gotten around to it. And I just don't like Synchros, many of them feel cheap and OP'ed.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Awesome. I haven't had much play with the newer stuff, unfortunately. I'm the only person I know who plays and the closest tournament location is an hour away lol

I was initially hesitant about the Xyz stuff, but I really like the new dynamic, actually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Lol, some can be I guess. The only real threats have been nerf'd by bans and new released cards though. I used to have a laval Quasar OTK deck lol. Now I'm more a fan of the xyz monsters though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: I wanna make a Yubel/fire king hybrid lol. Too lazy though i:

And that sucks about not being near any tournies.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

@the_stegman: Lol, some can be I guess. The only real threats have been nerf'd by bans and new released cards though. I used to have a laval Quasar OTK deck lol. Now I'm more a fan of the xyz monsters though.

*leans on cane* Back in my day, the cards were bettah! Took skill to play! No Synchros, no Side Decks, just you and the Heart of the Cards! Kidz these days have it easy! They are no longer in touch with their Duel Spirits!

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Most of the ridiculously powerful ones (like Trishula) have thankfully been banned. Generally only have to put up with them for a year. Konami releases them, everyone buys them, they ban them a year later lol

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: It's good and bad. Not going to tournaments means not getting beaten at them lol

How would you get Yubel out? O_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: Fireking Avatar Yaksha lol. It destroys a monster on field or hand. Use it to break Yubel and the nightmare shall begin.

Do you play on Duelingnetwork?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

*leans on cane* Back in my day, the cards were bettah! Took skill to play! No Synchros, no Side Decks, just you and the Heart of the Cards! Kidz these days have it easy! They are no longer in touch with their Duel Spirits!

Don't go all 'grandpa' on me lol. I started playing as soon as the cards came out >.< The first time summoning a blue-eyes <3

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I've actually recently got all three God Cards through Shonen Jump, I'm now trying to build a God Card deck, though I'm lazy.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Ah yep, I see.

I don't. I only found out about it the other day lol

The old days, back when summoning a Blue Eyes meant game over and when decks were made up of mostly normal monsters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: They are just now continuing the blue eyes support with the next structure deck lol. Hope Dark Magician gets a revamp.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Very true, but that requires me to go out and collect the cards I need >_< Plus, since I have very few people to play with, it's lowered my ambition. In high school, I played like crazy though. Good times, goooooood times.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: I know! I think I'll have to get Saga of the BEWD just on general awesomeness alone lol Dark Magician has more support cards than the Blue-Eyes, a structure deck for him is almost a requirement.

I have to get a few Dragons Collide, but the damn things aren't easy to find.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Always love the original cast. <3 Watched the whole entire thing of that before GX. Gave that a try but couldn't get used to it. So glad Duke Devlin was a major supporting cast too. He rocks. =D

I used to buy packs of Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards at Wal-Mart in hopes to get Dark Magician Girl but never got her. Still have the deck but it's mostly of magic and trap cards.

As a kid my friends and I would show our cards off on the school bus. The good old days.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yu-Gi-Oh cards got banned at my school, because people stole from each other. (Facepalms) Terrible people.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yu-Gi-Oh cards got banned at my school, because people stole from each other. (Facepalms) Terrible people.

Yeah this was at my school too along with Pokemon cards. I didn't collect Pokemon cards but I do play the games and watched the anime (I still check it out whenever Ash goes to new region). Usually once the bus arrived at the school we'd just hide everything in our backpacks until we got on again.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Yeah this was at my school too along with Pokemon cards. I didn't collect Pokemon cards but I do play the games and watched the anime (I still check it out whenever Ash goes to new region). Usually once the bus arrived at the school we'd just hide everything in our backpacks until we got on again.

Haha, yeah, we'd hide them when teachers came around.

It was like the 6th grade version of drug-dealing.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Hehe! xD I think my older brother has a binder of Pokemon cards. I should get em from him since he's not into the series. Hoping to get 3DS for the next Pokemon gen. As for Yu-Gi-Oh I probably will look into the current anime since the Tron family in that seems kinda cool. =D Would love to see a live action Yu-Gi-Oh movie though. Kaiba's the boss! ^__^

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 the_stegman  Moderator

@samimista said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Yo man..you got dat Blue Eyes? come on man , I need it bad...how bout a Red Eyes, I'll settle for a Red Eyes and a Pot of Greed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Cool, I'll check that out. And I think my LCS actually hosts tournaments, but when I go, it's mostly Magic players.

Most places host different small tournies on different days, you should ask them about it.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5Ds had potential to surpass the original. Fortune Cup/Dark Signer were on par with DK/Battle City. Arc Cradle should've been the DOMA of 5Ds, and than they could've finished the series with their own version of Millennium World.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Skyfire

Lightsworn will always be my favourite deck type. Just so versatile and Judgement Dragon was a beast.

However Dark Armed Dragon is probably my favourite card ever. When it came out back in 2008 I really wanted to build a deck around it, but alas my financial situation at the time forbade it.

As for the show, the original series will always be best . Except for that damned virtual world story smack bang in the middle of the battle city I enjoyed all of it.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@samimista said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Hehe! xD I think my older brother has a binder of Pokemon cards. I should get em from him since he's not into the series. Hoping to get 3DS for the next Pokemon gen. As for Yu-Gi-Oh I probably will look into the current anime since the Tron family in that seems kinda cool. =D Would love to see a live action Yu-Gi-Oh movie though. Kaiba's the boss! ^__^

Tron family? Did someone say Tron family?!

The Tron family is one of the best things in Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal xD

III :

IV:

V:

and the one....they only,Tron! =D

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Now to answer some question supplied by the OP:

• Favourite characters

Hmm all of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series has awesome characters so I will just name my top 5 for each series:

The Original in no order:

1. Atem
  2. Kaiba
  3. Jounouchi
  4. Bakura
  5. Marik

For GX,no order:

1. Judai
  2. Jun
  3. Yubel
  4. Edo
  5. Ryo

For 5D's,no order:

1. Yusei
  2. Jack
  3. Aki
  4. Paradox
  5. Luca

For Zexal,no order:

1. Tron
  2. Kaito
  3. IV
  4. Yuma/Astral while in Zexal form
  5. Shark/Kotori

• Decks you've used/want to use

I currently use a warrior deck, that focuses on beating down my opponent. I'm currently trying to build another but I am as broke as a joke =(

• Favourite cards.

Too many to name but my favorite card as of now, is Dragonic Knight,it was the first card I had a connection with after I got back into Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I remember getting these really rare cards that were in Japanese, think I traded them for some not as good cards because I was dumb and bad at trading.

Joey is the best character FYI.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By KnightRise

I haven't played since 7th grade. I was undefeated for the last few months of my lunch table "career". My secret: no cards under 1900 atk and four Blue-Eyes (; My friend (who was the best at the lunch table) played professionally at the moment.

Damn skippy! We had our Monsters Reborn and Change of Hearts before those hippie, draft-dodgers banned them!

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I have a harpies ladies deck, e-heroes and working on a rock monster deck. I really only play for fun,

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think everyone who got a lot of cards had a dragon deck at some point. I know I did.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jnr6Lil
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jnr6lil said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Judai got too much screentime to be a good main character.

I disagree,I loved Judai's progression through the entire series and lets not act like the other Yu-Gi-Oh! heroes did not hog up the of the spot light,besides Kaiba an Jounouchi,the rest of the cast had little screen time. And it's not like the GX cast got no screen time,in season 4 Jun,Asuka,and Sho each got 2 episodes towards development and Judai was shown very little in those 6 episodes. Getting a alot of screen time does not make him a bad character.....at all. But whatever this is all opinion based,that being said do you watch Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jnr6Lil

It's not necessarily screen time. It's the fact Jaden was the only character who actually had importance. At least in the original, Tea, Duke, Tristna, & Serenity were still tied into the plot.

And no, I don't watch Zexal. After 5Ds ended, I was done.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: It's not necessarily screen time. It's the fact Jaden was the only character who actually had importance.At least in the original, Tea, Duke, Tristna, & Serenity were still tied into the plot.

Tell me how the other characters did not have importance? When Judai turned into the Supreme King his freinds were the one who snapped him out of it and beat him. When Judai basically gave up vs Cobra his friends talking him back into it. Yubel's master plan worked in season 3 because of Johan aka Judai's friend. I'm sorry but I fail to see how they are "unimportant" as you say, I could go on and on about there importance to the plot.

And no, I don't watch Zexal. After 5Ds ended, I was done.

Okay then.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Decoy Elite

Anyone play Duelest of the Roses on the PS2? It played really differently from the card game but I loved it. Used cheat codes to make sure I could always pick the robot deck.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Samimista
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yeah, I like the fun sidekick type characters and he's one of the best. Plus he was the only person in the show about getting the right card through the heard of the cards that used a luck based deck.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Well I do like the shows and I played for aw while but that is the extent of my yugioh knowledge although I do like GX and Zexal the most.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone play Duelest of the Roses on the PS2? It played really differently from the card game but I loved it. Used cheat codes to make sure I could always pick the robot deck.

Naw, I have never played it before.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoy_elite: Breaks my heart with the flashbacks between him and Serenity and how she motivated him through it all. Especially since that reminds me a lot of my brothers and I. Tristan, Tea and Duke I like as well but, Joey would have to be my favorite with Tea being the second.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Decoy Elite

@dccomicsrule2011: It's pretty fun. You move the cards on a board it has the deck leader system. So you can end up chasing around deck leaders while your opponent desperately flings cards around trying to summon something strong enough to counter. Oh and the land advantages and disadvantages have a far greater impact on the game. (A certain duelest is one of the hardest opponents because he hides his deck leader in Toon World where most cards get a huge debuff).

So...uh...basically I like it a lot.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@samimista: You know it =P I laugh at others that try to oppose our will to stop the corruption of Comicvine.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Yeah although Yugi did end up coming off a bit stale at times because Joey seemed to have so much more going for him.