Official Manga/Anime Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@just_banter: Lol, it's pretty good. Wish they had actual names though . - .

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll admit it @queen_marceline DBM is interesting. A lot more interesting than DBS that's for sure.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still waiting for the World Trigger return...

Sadness, i just caught up to the series only to hear that it's own hiatus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deathhero61:

Yeah, it was my favourite new manga from Shonen Jump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dayum, that AoT episode.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone reading the gamer? Just me?

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8208 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8209  Edited By Just_Banter
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8210  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@just_banter: I found it funny just couldn't understand why.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Well the loli is from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. It's legit a good show as well.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8212  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@jaycool2 said:

it has been a little filler-ish recently, but great series overall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn it's times like these where I really miss Kishimoto's art style. The new guy I'm trying to give a chance to but his art style feels full of unnecessary details.
Damn it's times like these where I really miss Kishimoto's art style. The new guy I'm trying to give a chance to but his art style feels full of unnecessary details.
Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8214  Edited By Just_Banter

Honestly, ONE's art isn't even bad after the first 50 or so chapters. His art for Garou vs Saitama was legitimately good as well.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

Just you and I

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8218  Edited By Just_Banter
No Caption Provided

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Clover is literally everything that is Fairy Tail and Naruto is but actually done correctly and fairly. The environment and setting makes sense, all the characters are balanced out fairly, and the ones that are broken have limitations, and the main character is a clone of Naruto but although you feel sorry for him, you can actually root for him since he isn't obsessing over the other main character who's actually a main character as opposed to a character who affects the story too much which is Juno who is Sasuke's equivalent but drastically different. Check out Black Clover, the fights are a tad bit more interesting, but not as detailed, and it has a surprisingly decent plot once you really get into it.(it seems bland after the first two or three chapters but it gets so much better.)

Edit: One other thing, is that his main power that he has, isn't freaking broken like Naruto's and isn't an asspull, he actually uses it skillfully.

Black Clover is unashamedly cliché though. Like clichéd as hell and we're just in the beginning stages of finding out about his power so I wouldn't go as far as to say it's not broken. I can agree about Juno though I like him.

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Dr. Stone is my favorite new series of the 6 Shonen Jump released last month

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder: That's the issue, it's one big huge cliche, but an actually enjoyable one, it's a cliche that copies Naruto but actually does it right. Like for example Team 7 had like what, two freaking missions and then we immediately got to chunin exams then go through some emo sasuke bullshit, and they didn't even make sasuke appealing. They just made him this asshole who wanted revenge against the leaf. Everyone thought Bakugo in Boku No Hero Academia was gonna turn into another Sasuke but ended up not doing so. He ended up being a legit rival with his own fair share of issues. Same thing with Juno. It's like everyone is taking bits of Naruto and improving on it in areas. That's why I like all these cliche animes, especially when they are copy and pastes, because they usually copy a premise or a character and just make it sooooo much better. Black Clover is literally my new FT/Naruto, and it could be better right now, but i am patient enough to wait for it to get even better.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder: That's the issue, it's one big huge cliche, but an actually enjoyable one, it's a cliche that copies Naruto but actually does it right. Like for example Team 7 had like what, two freaking missions and then we immediately got to chunin exams then go through some emo sasuke bullshit, and they didn't even make sasuke appealing. They just made him this asshole who wanted revenge against the leaf. Everyone thought Bakugo in Boku No Hero Academia was gonna turn into another Sasuke but ended up not doing so. He ended up being a legit rival with his own fair share of issues. Same thing with Juno. It's like everyone is taking bits of Naruto and improving on it in areas. That's why I like all these cliche animes, especially when they are copy and pastes, because they usually copy a premise or a character and just make it sooooo much better. Black Clover is literally my new FT/Naruto, and it could be better right now, but i am patient enough to wait for it to get even better.

Well to me Fairy Tail has been garbage from the moment I read it so Black Clover being better than it isn't too hard. As for being pulling certain things from both series and doing them the right way, I believe the author went back and studied both series after his/her's original series Hungry Joker(which started off great) was cancelled

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, if this new Boruto anime is canon, that byakugan that Boruto has in the future seems like it's his own. Or at least, he has some weird half-byakugan going on atm.

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching the Boruto anime right now its off to an interesting start.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Konosuba is comedy gold.

No Caption Provided

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Can someone explain to me the appeal of a live-action anime adaptation? I just don't get how a fan of an anime would want to see it in live-action. Isn't half of the appeal of anime the actual animation? The story/plot/characters will likely be just the same as the anime as best and horrible interpretations of the original anime at worst.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FirstOlympian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain to me the appeal of a live-action anime adaptation? I just don't get how a fan of an anime would want to see it in live-action. Isn't half of the appeal of anime the actual animation? The story/plot/characters will likely be just the same as the anime as best and horrible interpretations of the original anime at worst.

There's some things I do wish got live action adaptations but I mainly wanted another story set in the universe. It isn't manga but if they ever make something like a Witcher TV Show that was in talks, That sounds awesome, it just shouldn't be about Geralt.

Maybe some also feel like there series will gain more popularity? I'm not sure, but I agree with you. Adaptations generally suck, and the first thing I've seen with the above (2016's Assassin's Creed) also sucked.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Lmao, this guy....

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, sometimes an adaptation will be worth it, but it's very rare. Great Teacher Onizuka's live-action adaptation was just as good, if not better than the anime/manga.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne said:

There's some things I do wish got live action adaptations but I mainly wanted another story set in the universe. It isn't manga but if they ever make something like a Witcher TV Show that was in talks, That sounds awesome, it just shouldn't be about Geralt.

Maybe some also feel like there series will gain more popularity? I'm not sure, but I agree with you. Adaptations generally suck, and the first thing I've seen with the above (2016's Assassin's Creed) also sucked.

I did specify anime adaptions since I feel that video game adaptations at least could be pretty cool if done right. The shift of focus on the story and being able to see action scenes outside of gameplay would be worth seeing. My problem is that adapting a live-action anime doesn't add anything new that anime doesn't have already. If they adapt an anime show that is even 12 episodes long, turning it into a 2 hour movie will always just end up with a watered-down product. Not to even mention trying to turn great visual anime into live-action will not always work out either.

A popularity gain doesn't seem worth it when the movie may make the source material look bad.

@primez0ne said:

Eh, sometimes an adaptation will be worth it, but it's very rare. Great Teacher Onizuka's live-action adaptation was just as good, if not better than the anime/manga.

I doubt they are better than the manga, but which one of the live-action GTO adaptions? I know it's honestly silly, but I usually get turned off by the lack of blonde hair. I may check one of them out when I'm bored.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: I believe it was the newer version, never saw the 1998 version. They mixed multiple characters together, but it was very charming and silly, while keeping the vibe from the original series, but in a more grounded form.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Jin isn't going to be happy.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What. Was. That. Chapter.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Anyone else watching "Sakura Quest"? Just me? Okay then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, just read chap. 64(I think?) of Guts.... does this kinda shit happen often? lololololol

redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not happy with the current development for GOH? Like Mubong park is really that petty to be holding on to a loss he took years ago. I hope Jin beats stomps them all in the worst way possible

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else watching "Sakura Quest"? Just me? Okay then.

Apparently it's from the same bloke who made Shirobako so I'll probably get round to it eventually.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@just_banter: it's actually pretty good. Nails characterization and world building at the very first episode with a nice soundtrack to boot.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I'm finally gonna do it. I'm gonna read through all of Re:Zero, and then I'm going to show you all just why Rem is best girl.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I thought Potato Girl was gonna die for a sec.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The faq just happened in GOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, both the OP and ED of AoT are incredible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course the next thing I start reading references something from the last manga I read, lol;

No Caption Provided

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is anyone reading or watching any good sport series

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers