Obama

titansfan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By titansfan01

Man I wish Obama would get unemployment percentages down. Been almost a year and still have found a friggin job!
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Tomokata

I get that we're in a recession, what bothers me is this cabinet's disingenuous attitude about it.  Like the 400,000 jobs they touted for long term economic growth, that were temporary census jobs.  

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By _Sojourn_

Well...if you want to blame anyone...Blame the PARTY of NO...or the Republicans...they have decided to leave do nothing, present no ideas, say no to everything, blame everyone but themselves, fillibuster more times in one congressional period than EVER before...If more things could get done, this probably could have been handled a lot sooner.

Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tomokata
@Slight:   I blame them all, and have for many years.  The government stopped serving the people a long, long time ago.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Tomokata: You know...I really don't...I really have seen what happens on the floor of Congress, both houses...I watch Liberal, and Conservative news...so that I can get a perspective on both sides...And what I've found was that conservative news actually is like a propaganda parade...I've rarely seen actual news, while on MSNBC...there is multitudes of political news, and otherwise...
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tomokata
@Slight:   The liberal media is just as bad.  I distrust all mainstream media and generally watch/listen so I know what to look for to do my own research so I can make up my own mind.  America is being pushed into either screaming left or screaming right.  There's just no room for middle of the road anymore.  It's all about partisanship and levels of zealotry, which leads to controversy, which leads to ratings, which leads to revenue.  I have some liberal leanings, some conservative leanings, and some libertarian leanings.  I don't think any president has been all good or all bad, and certainly none have been the second coming or the antichrist. 

As far as the job situation, Obama was handed a raw deal.  I get that.  However, I do not like his handling of the situation.  I do think there are better ways his and his administration could be handling this. 

That being said, Congress are acting like a bunch of spoiled kids too busy trying to make sure no one gets their piece of the pie and missing out on the fact that it's rotting before their eyes.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Tomokata: Just tell me You're not a tea-partier...and I'll be content...Also, I can agree that you must do your own research, and make up your own mind...And I also agree that there has been no room for middle people these days (of course I'm not middle LOL, btw, I'm 18, not that that has any meaning, but generally, that's young to form a political opinion) But, when you have an uprising movement such as the tea party, which is full of extreme ideals, the only way to balance it out is by going extreme as well...Thustly the middle is left dissatisfied and not caring about anything...
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tomokata
@Slight:   The Tea-Party...*sighs, shakes head*   

Started out as a good idea (address the growing taxation issues) and was quickly swarmed by the aforementioned fanatics and zealots.   

I now refer to them as "Teabaggers", as that seems to be their favorite form of entertainment. 

And good on you for being informed at 18.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Tomokata: I blame the Senate more than anything else. The first Stimulus Bill Obama proposed included a Jobs bill that could have created more jobs. Congress saying no to everything said that it cost too much. Like they've been doing to everything since Obama came into office. I would say Obama hasn't done enough, but Congress hasn't allowed him to do enough. It's sad really. It's like we have our livelihood in the hands of five year olds. 
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tomokata
@Night Thrasher said:
" @Tomokata: I blame the Senate more than anything else. The first Stimulus Bill Obama proposed included a Jobs bill that could have created more jobs. Congress saying no to everything said that it cost too much. Like they've been doing to everything since Obama came into office. I would say Obama hasn't done enough, but Congress hasn't allowed him to do enough. It's sad really. It's like we have our livelihood in the hands of five year olds.  "
The problem is Obama has lots of very good ideas, that are also very, very expensive.  That money is going to come from taxes.  Nearly one third of my family's income is already being taxed, and we are not even considered in the "middle class brackets".   

Historically, higher taxes always lead to depressed economies.  Come up with a solution that won't tax me even further, and I'll consider it.  
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _Sojourn_
@Tomokata said:
" @Slight:   The Tea-Party...*sighs, shakes head*    Started out as a good idea (address the growing taxation issues) and was quickly swarmed by the aforementioned fanatics and zealots.    I now refer to them as "Teabaggers", as that seems to be their favorite form of entertainment.  And good on you for being informed at 18. "
me too...XD@Night Thrasher said:
" @Tomokata: I blame the Senate more than anything else. The first Stimulus Bill Obama proposed included a Jobs bill that could have created more jobs. Congress saying no to everything said that it cost too much. Like they've been doing to everything since Obama came into office. I would say Obama hasn't done enough, but Congress hasn't allowed him to do enough. It's sad really. It's like we have our livelihood in the hands of five year olds.  "
I can only agree...With the stimulus bill...Many states denied the help and thustly, the jobless rate went up...In states that help, the jobless rate steadied and even lowered
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Tomokata: But you fail to realize were in the lowest taxed economy in generations. Thanks to the "Obama" tax cuts. He actually did cut taxes for 95% of the country, to the lowest rates since the Clintons (I believe, but not 100% sure). Also, the tax issue wasn't brought up during the Iraq and Afghanistan issue. Look at all the money we wasted on the F-22. Somethings are expensive that are only meant to hurt people. Somethings are expensive that are meant to help people. Seems lately money is only an issue when we're trying to help people. 
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tomokata
@Night Thrasher:   The problem with that is that was for working families, while corporate taxes are at an all time high, globally.  As of right now, the United States is second in corporate taxation.  The bulk of the economic drive is from businesses.  Increase the corporate business tax, they're going to take that from somewhere else to compensate and protect their bottom line, like number of employees, overall wages, benefits, etc.   That leads to less investment in the national economy, unemployment, etc.  Basically, where we're at right here. 

Don't get me wrong.  Bush started it.  Obama just picked up the ball and ran with it.  He's made improvements for small businesses, but he's taxing the crap out of the real revenue providers.  It's unsustainable.
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Tomokata: Your right. Taxes are very high for corporations. But to me, that shouldn't make a difference. It's a difference in philosophy. To me it's as simple as supply and demand.  

Right wing philosophy: Cut taxes on businesses; Businesses have more money to hire more employees; Economy stimulated. 

Left wing philosophy: Cut taxes on the working and lower classes; Citizens have more money to spend; Businesses earn more money; Businesses hire more employees to keep up with demand. 

I personally agree with the left on this. To me the Right's philosophy goes completely against the rules of supply and demand. You can't cut taxes on major corporations and hope they hire more people. It's like creating a false sense of demand. If you actually put money in the pockets of those who need money the most, they will spend it on what they actually need and want, and a true chain of supply and demand begins. 

It's just a difference in opinion that we could probably debate here and reasonably come up with a solution, that our congress can't seem to do.
Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tomokata
@Night Thrasher:  Except history supports your interpretation of right wing philosophy, I say your interpretation because supposed "Big Company Bush" began the whole insane corporate taxation ball rolling this time around.   

For example:  Take the independent film industry.  It is in a complete crash right now because corporations don't have the money to invest in them.  Same can be said for many, many other industries.  Working families are unable to support industries in a way that corporations can, and do.   

Corporations with more capital expand, expansion leads to more jobs, more revenue for investment.   

To me it's about balance.  Don't astronomically raise taxes on any one sector.  It can work, it has worked. 

The partisan government just needs to get its head out of its bootay and get it done.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock
@Tomokata said:
" I get that we're in a recession, what bothers me is this cabinet's disingenuous attitude about it.  Like the 400,000 jobs they touted for long term economic growth, that were temporary census jobs.   "
Agreed. I currently work for them. When it's all over, I'd be out of a job once again. :(
Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Night Thrasher
@Tomokata: True. But the reverse effect has also happened. The Right's philosophy has also been known to cause the infamous "bubble" that experts have been talking about four the past three years. A lot of the time, a company gets it's taxes cut and starts hiring new employees. The company starts making more of whatever they make, but the demand doesn't catch up to the supply of whatever it is they make. In that case the company has two options; 1) lower rates and/or price of their product or 2) lay-off/ fire employees. That's where the bubble is created. If you put more money into the economy at its roots, then I think we will see more pay-off. Bush tried it in 2008 with his "stimulus" but most of that money didn't go into the economy. It just came back to the government in the form of bills, and government subsidized expenditures. 
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

There are jobs, just ones that are so shitty most people don't want to do them....like mine.I've been able to find work consistently, I don't buy the argument that there aren't jobs out there if you really try.
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By shanana
@Lunacyde said:

" There are jobs, just ones that are so shitty most people don't want to do them....like mine.I've been able to find work consistently, I don't buy the argument that there aren't jobs out there if you really try. "

Same. I have 3 Jobs. 

@titanHave you tried a Temp Service?
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Thor's hammmer

he could if raised taxes because there at the lowest in 50 years but no one wants high taxes
titansfan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By titansfan01

For some reason it won't let me view comments. I haven't thought about a temp agency, so thanks I'll check it out.  I'm trying to go back to school for a 2nd time and need a night job so it makes it a little more difficult to find something.  I've gone to a lot of resteraunts (sp) but they are only "accepting applications" not hiring!
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I wish people would stop acting like Obama doesn't have a million things to deal with.Obama has technically done nothing but he has alot on his plate.Give the guy a break.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nova`Prime`
@Vance Astro said:
" I wish people would stop acting like Obama doesn't have a million things to deal with.Obama has technically done nothing but he has alot on his plate.Give the guy a break. "
There is only one problem with that, every president in the history of the country has had a million things to do and they got things done, what makes him so special that he gets a pass because he has a lot to do. It comes with the job, and I am not saying he hasn't done anything the problem is he wants to change practically everything from the ground up, take healthcare for instance. Sure the system we had wasn't the greatest, but there was no need to tear the whole thing down. Small changes make just as much impact as monumental ones, and they are accepted a lot easier, the old adage holds true "You don't tear down your house to remodel the bathroom."
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nova`Prime` said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I wish people would stop acting like Obama doesn't have a million things to deal with.Obama has technically done nothing but he has alot on his plate.Give the guy a break. "
There is only one problem with that, every president in the history of the country has had a million things to do and they got things done, what makes him so special that he gets a pass because he has a lot to do. It comes with the job, and I am not saying he hasn't done anything the problem is he wants to change practically everything from the ground up, take healthcare for instance. Sure the system we had wasn't the greatest, but there was no need to tear the whole thing down. Small changes make just as much impact as monumental ones, and they are accepted a lot easier, the old adage holds true "You don't tear down your house to remodel the bathroom." "
No,there isn't any problem with that.Every president hasn't had the level of things to deal with that Obama has.
Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nova`Prime`
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nova`Prime` said:
" @Vance Astro said:
There is only one problem with that, every president in the history of the country has had a million things to do and they got things done, what makes him so special that he gets a pass because he has a lot to do. It comes with the job, and I am not saying he hasn't done anything the problem is he wants to change practically everything from the ground up, take healthcare for instance. Sure the system we had wasn't the greatest, but there was no need to tear the whole thing down. Small changes make just as much impact as monumental ones, and they are accepted a lot easier, the old adage holds true "You don't tear down your house to remodel the bathroom." "
No,there isn't any problem with that.Every president hasn't had the level of things to deal with that Obama has. "
So FDR had it easier? Or Washington? And lets not forget Lincoln, he just had that pesky thing called the Civil War. The fact of the matter is he isn't special, he's the President. Bush had these problems and he wasn't given a brake, instead he was blamed repeatedly for causing all these problems as if he deliberately tried to do it.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nova`Prime` said:

So FDR had it easier? Or Washington? And lets not forget Lincoln, he just had that pesky thing called the Civil War. The fact of the matter is he isn't special, he's the President. Bush had these problems and he wasn't given a brake, instead he was blamed repeatedly for causing all these problems as if he deliberately tried to do it. "

It seems people are just looking for a reason to whine about how much Obama isn't doing.Nobody is saying he is special, but our country has alot of big issues that need fixing.It takes time for him to get something done.Bush didn't HAVE these problems,he caused them.It was alot easier for him to get things done during his Presidency than Obama's,he just didn't do anything but make more.We've had over 40 Presidents.All of which didn't have the level of obstacles that Obama has had to deal with.You named 3.All of which were President before Obama was even born.I'm not saying that it's ok Obama hasn't gotten much done.I'm just saying give the guy some time.His job isn't easy.FDR,Lincoln,and Washington had it rough but they didn't make history out of their Presidencies over night.It took time.
Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

Politicians can't create jobs, only the people can. 

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32  Edited By The_Martian
@Edamame said:
" We are in an economic recession. Worldwide, that is.  Obama is incredibly assiduous.  He has already enough on his shoulder.  I don´t like it when people complain about him not doing things that are incredibly hard to fix. "
This will happen to every President. As the Economy improves no matter who is in office they will get the credit for it(even if they just got into office) and as soon as the next disaster happens they will get the blame.