• 119 results
Shuma-Gorath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Shuma-Gorath
Greetings, fleshlings. You may or mayn't recall the thread I posted weeks ago regarding a restaurant which banned children under six years of age. I stumbled upon another article showing that more and more establishments are following the no child policy. Express your enjoyment - - or displeasure! 

No Caption Provided

What's the matter with kids today and why doesn't anyone want them around? In June, Malaysia Airlines banned babies from many of their first class cabins, prompting other major airlines to consider similar policies.

Lately, complaints about screaming kids are being taken seriously, not only by airlines, but by hotels, movie theaters, restaurants, and even grocery stores.  

Read more about restaurants around the country banning kids.

Earlier this month, McDain's, a Pittsburgh area restaurant that banned kids under six became a mascot for the no-kids-zone movement. 

According to a Pittsburgh local news poll, more than half of area residents were in favor of the ban. And now big business is paying attention. 

"Brat bans could well be the next frontier in destination and leisure-product marketing," writes Robert Klara in an article on the child-free trend in AdWeek.

Klara points to Leavethembehind.com, a travel website for kid-free vacations, with a massive list of yoga retreats, luxury resorts and bargain hotels around the world that ban children. 

"Call me a grinch, a misanthrope, a DINK (dual-income-no-kids), or the anti-cute-police, but I hate (hate a thousand times over) ill-behaved children/infants/screaming banshees in upscale restaurants (ok, anywhere, really, but I don’t want any death threats)," writes Charlotte Savino on Travel and Leisure's blog. She lists a slew of a popular destination restaurants with kid-free areas and policies for travelers looking for quiet vacation dining. 

Traveling is one thing, but what about in kids' own hometowns? Should kids been banned from local movie theaters, like they were at a recent adults-only Harry Potter screening? In Texas, one cinema chain has evenflipped the model, banning kids under six altogether, except on specified "baby days".

Even running errands with toddlers may be off limits.  This summer Whole Foods stores in Missouri are offering child-free shopping hours and in Florida, a controversy brews over whether kids can be banned from acondominium's outdoor area. That's right, some people don't even want kids outdoors. 

When did kids become the equivalent of second-hand smoke? Blame a wave of childless adults with money to spare. "Empty nesters continue to wield a huge swath of discretionary spending dollars, and population dips in first-world countries mean more childless couples than ever," writes AdWeek's Klara.

Catering to the child-free community may be good for business but is it good for parents? It could help narrow choices and make kid-friendly environments even kid-friendlier.  And let's be honest, babies won't miss flying first class. They won't even remember it. But their moms and dads will. 

Most parents with young children have self-imposed limits on spending and leisure. This new movement imposes limits set by the public. And the public isn't as child-friendly as it used to be.  As businesses respond to their new breed of 'first-class' clientele, are parents in danger of becoming second-class citizens? 

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-no-kids-allowed-movement-is-spreading-2516110/
Avatar image for ruhi_tugu--defunct
Ruhi_Tugu--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah, next they won't serve people of various ethnic backgrounds. Not gonna last. 

Avatar image for thenooseisloose
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

About fugging time!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

AS a parent I have to say F**k all you single childless people that want me to hole up like a hermit just cause I did my part to keep our species going you snotty little Sh*ts can kiss my a$$ I do my best to keep my child behaved in public, most of the time she is better behaved than the adult pricks who get all b*tchy every time they see a kid and don't get me started on the teenagers that were apparently raised in a zoo that restaurants and airlines and theaters have no problem admitting despite the fact that those little a$$holes cause more problems than a baby ever could 

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Green Skin
@joshmightbe said:
AS a parent I have to say F**k all you single childless people that want me to hole up like a hermit just cause I did my part to keep our species going you snotty little Sh*ts can kiss my a$$ I do my best to keep my child behaved in public, most of the time she is better behaved than the adult pricks who get all b*tchy every time they see a kid and don't get me started on the teenagers that were apparently raised in a zoo that restaurants and airlines and theaters have no problem admitting despite the fact that those little a$$holes cause more problems than a baby ever could 
QFT!!!!!
Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Samimista
@Ruhi_Tugu said:
Yeah, next they won't serve people of various ethnic backgrounds. Not gonna last. 
I agree with what you said can't see it lasting.
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@Green Skin said:
@joshmightbe said:
QFT!!!!!
These are business we are talking about. If your kids screw up my business I reserve the right to kick you and your kid out.
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By turoksonofstone

When did ageism become o.k. how is this even legal? Nonsense!

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@Samimista said:
@Ruhi_Tugu said:
I agree with what you said can't see it lasting.
Non sequitur much?
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gravitypress

All those quotes and statements are just a bunch of talk to get attention. If you really want to make the world a quieter place kill all the a$$holes who make life difficult on other people because they cant be happy.  A quick death is better for the people instead of living hollow, empty lives. By the way if someone is allowed to bring their goddam dog to a upscale restaurant then they should be fine with children. Some kids are noisy, but a lot more adults are noisier.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aronmorales

This scares me. 
I can understand pets, but CHILDREN? C'mon, that's the next generation we're talking about! How will things turn out when some of their earliest memories are being told "No children allowed" or something else on those lines? Now I understand where folks are coming from, to an extent; I don't like hearing obnoxious crying/screaming either, but kids are going to be loud, and it's not fair to exclude them from what-should-be public places like restaurants, theaters, and bloody shopping centers. 

In fact, sometimes I think it's rather cute. 
Just yesterday I went to see Captain America, and in the audience was this little kid. Were they loud? Yeah, at sometimes, yet they weren't being obnoxious, they were just asking questions like "Is that Captain America?", "Who is that?", etc. Now imagine if this little person wasn't allowed in because they were "too annoying", Where is the family fun? Where is the kid going to get his head filled with fantasy and adventure, or right and wrong, if they weren't allowed to see Cap? Where is the connection to what could be his favorite hero? gone, because some folks were too occupied with their own interest to consider this one kid. 

Yes I know I just ranted and raved, but for me this issue isn't focused on the adults who can make these decisions without the children's consent, but rather the children with no voice on the matter.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turoksonofstone
@gravitypress said:
All those quotes and statements are just a bunch of talk to get attention. If you really want to make the world a quieter place kill all the a$$holes who make life difficult on other people because they cant be happy.  A quick death is better for the people instead of living hollow, empty lives. By the way if someone is allowed to bring their goddam dog to a upscale restaurant then they should be fine with children. Some kids are noisy, but a lot more adults are noisier.
I'd rather hear a kid scream, than wait on people who don't know how to tip. Bad tippers you don't want to know what we do to your food....
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@gravitypress said:
It's not the noise, it the smell of baby sh*t when I'm trying to eat.
Seth_Olympia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Seth_Olympia
@turoksonofstone: @joshmightbe
 It depends on the restaurant
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic/5/should-they-ban-babies-from-movie-theaters/624926/#61
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshmightbe
@TheNooseIsLoose: ok how bout when those prick teenagers are tearing stuff up and causing a general public nuisance does that mean we can ban them or adults that freak out as soon as a kid shows up even if the kid hasn't done anything, for instance we went to chilies the other day and our kid was sitting quietly eating wasn't causing any kind of scene yet this 20 year old b*tch spends the whole time we're there talking shit about an 18 month old and cussing the staff for seating her near us and generally just being a total C*** my daughter wasn't doing anything at all because she knows that if she acts up in public she has to go back home and be in trouble so can we ban adults that over react 
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By turoksonofstone
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
@gravitypress said:
It's not the noise, it the smell of baby sh*t when I'm trying to eat.
old people shit their diapers at the bar kids should be able to do it too.
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gravitypress
@TheNooseIsLoose: not to busy to smell your own though.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@joshmightbe: i understand your pain man, i do, but you have to realize a good 75% of parents just spoil their kids rotten and let them act out in public places without trying to stop them, i'm sure your kid is very well behaved, but the majority of them aren't, it's the same reason why restaurants don't allow pets inside, some dogs are very well behaved, but most of them are loud, annoying and usually make messes...just like kids
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gravitypress

How many people would be angry if people started refusing service to A-holes.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By turoksonofstone

I'm still waiting to see when Age discrimination became legal, Parents should just sue..

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21  Edited By Roxanne Starr
@turoksonofstone said:
@gravitypress said:
I'd rather hear a kid scream, than wait on people who don't know how to tip. Bad tippers you don't want to know what we do to your food....

AHA!!!

So you ARE in the restaurant business!  :b
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aronmorales
@gravitypress said:
How many people would be angry if people started refusing service to A-holes.
I certainly wouldn't be.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joshmightbe
@The Stegman: then they should ask the parents with loud children to leave and not punish those of us who know how to raise our kids along with them
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By turoksonofstone

Honestly certain Ethnic groups tend to tip poorly they should be banned, if we are going down this road go all the way.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gravitypress

If you want to do it right set up a warnig system like we did at hotels. 2 warnings then the boot.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

We can compromise we parents will stay away from the fancy restaurants but you single childless folks get to stay the hell away from any fast food places, reasonably priced diners and pizzerias 

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@joshmightbe: This isn't a personal attack on you or your child. Your child may be well mannered but most aren't. My parent didn't go to restaurants or movie or anything because they had experience annoying kids.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By joshmightbe
@TheNooseIsLoose: This ban is saying that no matter how well I raise my daughter it doesn't count for sh*t that feels kind of personal to me 
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

This reminds me of that one Simpsons episode!

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gravitypress
@TheNooseIsLoose: The line between self and child becomes very blurred. Any discrimination or portraying them in a negative light  is transferred to us, therefor it invokes a strong reaction to fight.
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@joshmightbe@gravitypress: Perhaps I don't understand because I'm not a parent but this just seems like another instance of Americans over-reacting to their insignificant problems and an inability to look at any other angle than their own.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joshmightbe
@TheNooseIsLoose: How am I supposed to explain to my daughter that it doesn't matter how well she behaves because people aren't going to let her be involved in things, seriously you tell me what I'm supposed to say to her when she's crying telling me she'll be good and I gotta tell her that because of the actions of other people she can't go see a cartoon in the theater regardless of whether or not she can sit quietly through it 
gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gravitypress
@TheNooseIsLoose: Or maybe its blind generalization that one social group doesn't deserve to sit with another. Perhaps you are right. You cannot see it from any other angle.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

If your infant is acting up, walk outside with him/her.
If your 2-5 year old is acting up. Whoop his/her ass. So he/she will shutup next time.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gravitypress
@BiteMe-Fanboy: But then they will whine about you spanking your kid. Cant win with people who have a bloated sense of self importance.
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@gravitypress said:
@BiteMe-Fanboy: But then the will whine about you spanking your kid. Cant win with people who have a bloated sense of self importance.
Probably. Damn hippies.
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By joshmightbe
@BiteMe-Fanboy: Thats the thing about people without kids the always think they know better than parents, they want us to keep our kids well behaved but we aren't even allowed to raise our voices toward our kids without someone claiming child abuse so they pretty much prevent parents from doing anything and then b*tch about us not doing anything 
BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@joshmightbe said:
@BiteMe-Fanboy: Thats the thing about people without kids the always think they know better than parents, they want us to keep our kids well behaved but we aren't even allowed to raise our voices toward our kids without someone claiming child abuse so they pretty much prevent parents from doing anything and then b*tch about us not doing anything 
Well I dont have a kid so I'm just basing my whole opinion on how I was raised.  
I don't really agree with banning small children from a restraunt or anything like that. I do however could understand banning infants from movie theaters.
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By turoksonofstone

Plenty of children behave, plenty don't. 
Some parents are attentive and in control while others allow their Children free reign of the building. 
Some parents DO remove a screaming baby near instantaneously, others encourage kids to act out and make a mess.  
Bottom line: Age Discrimination.  
If you support this you support Discrimination.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mikethekiller

Not being able to take your kid to the store is too damn far.

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose

"let me put this in term you crackers can understand!" -Rucka Rucka Ali 

This isn't about you, this isn't about your kid, this is about money. 
They aren't discriminating against your kids, they're discriminating against the money your kid could lose them.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy
@mikethekiller said:
Not being able to take your kid to the store is too damn far.
Yeah thats retarded. I guess they support leaving your kid in the car while you go into the store? Communist, i say!!!!
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mikethekiller

I just realised this sound like something right out of Codename: Kids Next Door 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nova`Prime`

This again.. all these arguments against are the same ones that were in the last thread about this. The problem is you can't just single out the bad parents, because 9 out of 10 times you confront them they get just as obnoxious, if not more, so then the child was. So to curb all of that you just ban kids, sucks for those parents who raise their kids to be well behaved and the kids who are good. But how often do the bad apples ruin it for everybody, its not like this is anything new.

TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@Nova`Prime` said:
This again.. all these arguments against are the same ones that were in the last thread about this. The problem is you can't just single out the bad parents, because 9 out of 10 times you confront them they get just as obnoxious, if not more, so then the child was. So to curb all of that you just ban kids, sucks for those parents who raise their kids to be well behaved and the kids who are good. But how often do the bad apples ruin it for everybody, its not like this is anything new.
THANK GOD FOR A VOICE OF REASON!!!
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Green Skin
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
@Green Skin said:
@joshmightbe said:
QFT!!!!!
These are business we are talking about. If your kids screw up my business I reserve the right to kick you and your kid out.
How would a kid screw up your business exactly?  If a kid is being disruptive,then by all means ask them to leave.  A ban on all children is just asinine.  Sure some kids are problems, but not all of them.   Not all parents are irresponsible twats, some of us can handle our children in public just fine.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Green Skin
@Nova`Prime` said:

That's crap.  Yes you can single out the bad parent. If they get obnoxious you kick them the hell out.  Banning all kids is just a cowardly way to avoid akward situations.  Have some ball, just kick bad parents to the curb.
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@Green Skin: Your kids are annoying, costumers start leaving. Is that so hard to understand?
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Green Skin
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
@Green Skin: Your kids are annoying, costumers start leaving. Is that so hard to understand?
First off you dont know my kid.  My kid is very well behaved in public, to assume all kids are annoying is just ignorant.
TheNooseIsLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheNooseIsLoose
@Green Skin said:
@TheNooseIsLoose said:
First off you dont know my kid.  My kid is very well behaved in public, to assume all kids are annoying is just ignorant.
I was generalizing Brainiac. Also, I'm not assuming, I've observed far more bad children and parents than good ones.