new matrix trilogy rumored........

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TazzMission

i didnt even bother with the 3rd one ( luckly i didnt see it)

Considering the age we live in – where Hollywood seems desperate to remake any good idea they’ve had in the past – a revisit to the Matrix seems inevitable. The Wachowskis had an irreversible impact on the industry with their 1999 film, The Matrix. It significantly changed what we’ve come to expect of visual effects and action sequences, and produced the technology that allowed those ground-breaking advancements to be commonplace today.

The two sequels that followed – The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions – were less well-received and paled in comparison to the first film’s imagination and execution. Still, fans have been eager for a return to the innovative though deceiving future laid out in The Matrix – so much so that when a fake report claiming the Wachowskis were hard at work on a Matrix 4 & 5 went viral, just about everyone gobbled it up.

And here we are today, with what could very likely be a case of déjà vu (that or someone’s been tampering with the Matrix). Latino Review has posted an exclusive report claiming the Wachowskis have already turned in to Warner Bros. “early treatments and outlines” for a new Matrix trilogy.

Their proof? Nothing more than the Wachowskis long history with Warner Bros. and how both they and the studio are desperate for another big hit. Since The Matrix Trilogy fizzled out with Revolutions, the Wachowskis haven’t yet scored another box office smash. (See Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas.) Their latest effort, Jupiter Ascending, looks promising, but it better perform well beyond expectations if there’s any hope of it recouping its $200 million budget.

As for Warner Bros., since the studio ended its partnership with Legendary Pictures and lost the Terminator franchise rights, their future hinges entirely on the success of their DC Comics’ properties - specifically, the Man of Steel sequel, Batman vs. Superman. Since it’s generally accepted to be a bad idea to put all your eggs in one basket, Warner Bros. must surely be eager to have at least one more bankable franchise.

the matrix 4 5 keanu reeves neo Rumor Patrol: New Matrix Trilogy in Development

With nothing more than LR‘s purely circumstantial evidence, coming to the conclusion a new Matrix trilogy is on the way does seem a little farfetched. Then again, LR touts past examples where rumors that were initially denied eventually came true: Star Trek Into Darkness and Khan, more Star Wars films, Independence Day sequels, etc. Will this be what happens with these rumors the Wachowskis are developing another Matrix trilogy?

Only time will tell, but were another Matrix trilogy to come down the line it’s hard to know whether it’d be a continuation or a true reboot. Not that anything concerning the Matrix has ever been clear, but considering how the original Matrix trilogy left some doors open – with The Architect suggesting Neo wasn’t the first or only “One” – there’s plenty of potential for further exploration. (For example, these rumored new Matrix films could examine the story behind the birth of the Matrix.)

What are you thinking? Is a new Matrix trilogy something Warner Bros. should be interested in? Do you think this new rumor is anything more than hot air? Let us know in the comments below!

source

http://screenrant.com/matrix-4-5-6-trilogy/

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn

I actually would not mine seeing a new trilogy... perhaps there is a lot more to the Matrix than we have discovered so far. Also, I would like to explore the idea of Neo coming back... perhaps as the Resurrected Messiah of Zion or something.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nerdork

Hmmm, so the peace didn't last as long as they hoped, huh?

...that's what's they get for brokering a deal with machines.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AweSam

@nerdork said:

Hmmm, so the peace didn't last as long as they hoped, huh?

Humans probably got lazy again and made more machines.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Orician_Seis

I'm fine with this

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nerdork
myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By myerlanski

I'm down.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Idk, I think I'd rather the Wachowskis explore more ideas and make new movies. If they can do that with new Matrix movies, go ahead, but I don't want to see a rehashing of the old themes and characters. I absolutely loved Cloud Atlas. I'm not so sure about this new one coming out, but you bet your butt I'm going to see it, because I have great faith in their creative skill.

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nerdork

@orician_seis: me too, I'm just being incredulous for fun. I love sci-fi.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't know they made Cloud Atlas... That's a shame. I personally couldn't even get through it. It was just.... Boring.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Morpheus: Is this real?

No Morpheus, it isn't.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eh.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...I could really do without this.....

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAZAHS117

Please no.

Instead of dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into new Matrix films, Warners needs to crack open that treasure chest of DC characters and stories they're just sitting on. This is money that could be going towards developing WW, Aquaman, Flash or Cap Marvel/Shazam film(s).

*smh*

This is why imo DC needs to be free of Warners. It's a shame the studio that owns them has ZERO confidence in them and their characters

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to watch the first three first

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: All you need to watch is the 1st one, trust me

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: good to know. I barely want to watch the first one anyway

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MAZAHS117

@jayc1324: Reloaded and Revolutions both have their own entertaining moments, but are pretty forgetful. The first film is a sci-fi classic and must watch if you haven't seen it.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warner bros still have pacific rim.

Even though it bombed at first a sequel could be a blockbuster since word of mouth pushed this film.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Depends what your into, 2nd one had awesome action and a legitimate storyline.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first Matrix was epic if they screw this up forgiven is something they will never be

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Awesome. Count me in.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Hmm the Matrix was fully a product of it's time, nobody is really in to cyberpunk and hackers these days so it wont have that big of an impact anymore.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm the Matrix was fully a product of it's time, nobody is really in to cyberpunk and hackers these days so it wont have that big of an impact anymore.

believe, johnny, believe.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've heard about they planning this for years now... I don't know, the two last movies were not very good (to say the least) and the MMO had an abrupt ending...

Heh, nobody is crazy about it anymore, but its not dead yet... At least when Watch_Dogs is released :V

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

I've heard about they planning this for years now... I don't know, the two last movies were not very good (to say the least) and the MMO had an abrupt ending...

@jonny_anonymous said:

Heh, nobody is crazy about it anymore, but its not dead yet... At least when Watch_Dogs is released :V

I'm more looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 my self

Loading Video...

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I'm more looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 my self

Loading Video...

i never read the books but a lot of people rave about it. the trailer was sexy

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

I love all the Matrix movies, even Revolutions, despite Keanu Reeves poor acting and Neo never really developing until the 3rd one. Excited for the new trilogy!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. No thanks.

wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By wildcats25

My only suggestion to the Wachowskis ( I realize I may get some heat for this), remake/reboot/reimage 1984's "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension".

As interesting as "Jupiter Ascending" may be, I'd rather see a Banzai remake.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though it bombed at first a sequel could be a blockbuster since word of mouth pushed this film.

What are you talking about? It was a massive hit in the foreign markets, particularly Japan and Asia.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Count me in.

Agreed. I'd ditch a new DC film for Matrix any time of the day.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people want cyber punk watch the series and movies of Ghost in the Shell. That show heavily influenced the Wachowskis brothers to make the Matrix.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see a Pre-sequal maybe working.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@goobot said:

I can see a Pre-sequal maybe working.

didn't they say there were other 'the one's before? that'd be cool to watch..

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: They did. Neo wasn't the only one with the Prime Code. There were ones before him. But didn't Neo save the war? It'd suck if he died for nothing. Unless he comes back. But then he's all old. Lol.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: They did. Neo wasn't the only one with the Prime Code. There were ones before him. But didn't Neo save the war? It'd suck if he died for nothing. Unless he comes back. But then he's all old. Lol.

So.. neo should either come back to fight the source or something, or we should get to see a previous 'one'. How the old zion fell etc.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: How is Keanu physically? I never saw 47 Ronin or Man of Tai Chi.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

What are you talking about? It was a massive hit in the foreign markets, particularly Japan and Asia.

It only made 100 million in the us. and it bombed in japan.. but it was a massive hit in china and southeast asia.. the total profit the movie made is still not enough to warrant a sequel.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@chibi_cute said:

@illuminatus said:

@chibi_cute said:

It only made 100 million in the us. and it bombed in japan.. but it was a massive hit in china and southeast asia.. the total profit the movie made is still not enough to warrant a sequel.

Del Toro has come out numerous times, stating that he is already writing the sequel.

When a $190 million budgeted film makes over twice that in renevue, it will get a sequel, regardless of a lack of strong performance in North America. This isn't the 70's, where a film can only do well in Europe and North America.

Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Starbrander

@chibi_cute said:

Bombed?

Budget$190 million
Box office$411 million

That's a pretty good haul. As long as you double your budget, you're sitting pretty good.

Compare to the first Captain America:

Budget$140 million
Box office$370,569,774

Compared to the first Thor:

Budget$150 million
Box office$449,326,618

Pacific Rim did pretty well.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be down to see more matrix I thought the first three were cool.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@illuminatus said:

@chibi_cute said:

Del Toro has come out numerous times, stating that he is already writing the sequel.

When a $190 million budgeted film makes over twice that in renevue, it will get a sequel, regardless of a lack of strong performance in North America. This isn't the 70's, where a film can only do well in Europe and North America.

Yes he is already writing the sequel.. but it is not yet green lit.. and i don't if any studio would bite it off and give del toro another 200 million dollars. since legendary and warner bros are parting their ways.. Universal studios could maybe warrant a sequel but less budget than the original.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

Bombed?

Budget$190 million
Box office$411 million

That's a pretty good haul. As long as you double your budget, you're sitting pretty good.

Compare to the first Captain America:

Budget$140 million
Box office$370,569,774

Compared to the first Thor:

Budget$150 million
Box office$449,326,618

Pacific Rim did pretty well.

thinking that studios keep all the money made at the box office. With marketing costs and production budget, Pacific Rim would need to make at least $600 million just to break even. It would have to make an additional $100 million to be profitable enough to consider making a sequel.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2