Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@static_shock: Yes it does. It does shove it down peoples' throat. I've personally grown numb to it and could care less. I am accepting of anyone regardless of personal tendencies or desires, but to imply that's not what is happening is flat out wrong.

If it isn't for me to see, don't make it a highlight of Youtube whenever I click on, and don't put every LGBT video in my recommendation when I've literally not viewed an LGBT ad or "motivational" video even once. My channel is filled with Horror esque video. Why the hell am I recommended anything LGBT? I don't care.

"Fight for your rights" that's fine, but don't include me in it. It certainly is quite annoying and yes, it is meant for everyone to see. Not just those of that group.

Nah. It does nothing of the sort. The problem is that you have a hang-up about it. It makes you uncomfortable. That's the problem. No one is putting a gun to your head and making you watch the video, and sitting here acting like this is the case is very disingenuous. You're just here to complain.

The video wasn't a highlight on my Youtube when I logged in. It wasn't in my recommendations and I browse Youtube everyday. I didn't even know the video existed until All-Father made this thread. Then, I watched it, and noticed that there was nothing wrong here. So, I find it what you're saying here very hard to believe.

I'm pretty sure these folks aren't looking to include you, anyway, even if you chose to watch the video or not.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: Looks like those Pokemon that showed up in the movie with Entei

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

CHRISTIAN YOUTH NO RIKEY THIS VIDEO.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't take the law out of the discussion when you are discussing social/society.

You know what, you're right. I stand corrected.

That said, the law doesn't apply equally to everyone. We're back at square one. Oh, and these right here....

That said, homosexuals demanding additional anti-discrimination rights on the basis of their homosexual nature is not equality, its entitlement. The law should be equal to all.

You contradicted yourself here.

A homosexual should not have the right to file anti-discrimination lawsuit against an employer if the employer prefer a heterosexual applicant over a homosexual one for whatever reason ....

If the employer hires a heterosexual applicant over a homosexual one on the basis of sexual orientation (but not work experience, credentials, certifications, etc), that is discrimination.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By mimisalome

@static_shock said:
@mimisalome said:

You can't take the law out of the discussion when you are discussing social/society.

You know what, you're right. I stand corrected.

That said, the law doesn't apply equally to everyone. We're back at square one. Oh, and these right here....

@mimisalome said:

That said, homosexuals demanding additional anti-discrimination rights on the basis of their homosexual nature is not equality, its entitlement. The law should be equal to all.

You contradicted yourself here.

No didn't. I just differentiate idea of equality which should apply to all regardless of gender preference and entitlement which only a few select individuals could enjoy.

@mimisalome said:

A homosexual should not have the right to file anti-discrimination lawsuit against an employer if the employer prefer a heterosexual applicant over a homosexual one for whatever reason ....

If the employer hires a heterosexual applicant over a homosexual one on the basis of sexual orientation (but not work experience, credentials, certifications, etc), that is discrimination.

No... there are more to hiring than just the aspiring employees credentials and experience.

Employers also often considers their own experience with their previous employees, the dynamics and interactions amongst their workers, and the image of the company they wanted to project.

Applicants Lifestyle could impact such considerations.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nah. It does nothing of the sort. The problem is that you have a hang-up about it. It makes you uncomfortable. That's the problem. No one is putting a gun to your head and making you watch the video, and sitting here acting like this is the case is very disingenuous. You're just here to complain

Yes I do have a hang up about it. When I'm forced to view it and hear about their desires and wants constantly. Not a gun, but flooding my youtube with the videos is indeed forcing others to see it, when most simply don't care.

If you think I'm here to complain, your opinion has become less than and you aren't reading my statements.

The video wasn't a highlight on my Youtube when I logged in. It wasn't in my recommendations and I browse Youtube everyday. I didn't even know the video existed until All-Father made this thread. Then, I watched it, and noticed that there was nothing wrong here. So, I find it what you're saying here very hard to believ

That's your Youtube. On mine it was.

Did I say there was anything "wrong" with their videos? I simply am not a fan of being bombarded with others' life choices shoved in my face as if I spewed hate to begin with. Fighting for rights is not what they're doing. They're doing what they've been doing for years now. Pushing their agenda on everybody while demanding acceptance. Not everyone is going to like you or agree with you. That's life. So indeed, pushing your ideals while demonizing those who disagree, is too much.

Do you, but don't involve me.

I'm pretty sure these folks aren't looking to include you, anyway, even if you chose to watch the video or not.

Then get off my social media then please.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Static Shock

@mimisalomesaid:

No didn't. I just differentiate idea of equality which should apply to all regardless of gender preference and entitlement which only a few select individuals could enjoy.

But, where's the equality, though? It's not here in U.S.

Demanding anti-discrimination rights isn't entitlement. Everyone should have the same rights and not have to deal with begin discriminated against because they belong to a marginalized group.

No... there are more to hiring than just the aspiring employees credentials and experience.

Employers also often considers their own experience with their previous employees, the dynamics and interactions amongst their workers, and the image of the company they wanted to project.

Applicants Lifestyle could impact such considerations.

That is still discrimination.

You're basically saying that an employer can turn down someone because they are gay, based on a previous issue they had with a former employee who is also gay. Discrimination. You're also generalizing, insinuating that they all act the same, have similar interactions with others, or conduct themselves the same in the workplace. Absolutely not.

@morleericks said:

Yes I do have a hang up about it. When I'm forced to view it and hear about their desires and wants constantly. Not a gun, but flooding my youtube with the videos is indeed forcing others to see it, when most simply don't care.

Forced to view what? The videos on your Youtube feed? The ones that you literally have to make a conscious decision to click on and watch of your own accord? LOL. No one is forcing you to do anything. Like I said, you came here to complain. Period. How you feel about my opinion is your problem.

@morleericks said:

Did I say there was anything "wrong" with their videos?

You didn't have to. You clearly feel as if something is wrong. You think I'm making this stuff up? Read your own posts.

@morleericks said:

Fighting for rights is not what they're doing. They're doing what they've been doing for years now. Pushing their agenda on everybody while demanding acceptance. Not everyone is going to like you or agree with you. That's life. So indeed, pushing your ideals while demonizing those who disagree, is too much.

Yes, not everyone is going to accept people for who they are. But, where's the agenda? All they are saying is that they are going to be who they are, regardless of how anyone feels about it. That's all. They aren't saying "you are going to accept me for who I am or else." What's the problem? You feel threatened?

@morleericks said:

Then get off my social media then please.

Or, maybe you should get off social media, or I guess, adjust your settings. None of this is going anywhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

Your youtube videos don't automatically start playing? Hmm, lucky you.

It's wrong to force your opinion on others, yes. I don't get what you are offering a rebuttal to. That's a long known fact. I think it would benefit you further if you actually read them instead of giving quick snarky comments.

And if that's all they are saying why does it need to be mass produced and pinned everywhere so everyone can see it? How is that not the immediate conclusion you come to when reading my statement. Oh, snarky comments. I forgot.

Be yourself and do you. Just don't throw it in everyone's face. Most of us don't care. Until you start doing that.

Or maybe I shouldn't get off social media? So, let me get this straight lol

I have to remove myself from social media entirely in order to not be a target of a barrage of LGBT messages? Lol, how about No? That in itself defines a side note of my point. The fact that you would even offer such an idiotic action such as discontinuing social media entirely shows how everyone has to tiptoe around in order to not hurt feelings.

Oh it's going somewhere :) Just like this conversation. -__-

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By mimisalome

But, where's the equality, though? It's not here in U.S.

Demanding anti-discrimination rights isn't entitlement. Everyone should have the same rights and not have to deal with begin discriminated against because they belong to a marginalized group.

People will discriminate for whatever reason. Nobody is entitled to the acceptance and tolerance of others. Its essentially part of our biological nature and "equality" is just an illusion.

What do works however is quantifiable compromises that are mutually agreed upon by all parties... hence "equality" because everyone agree with it.

So giving someone extra perks to someone because they are "marginalized" would be one-sided and unequal if other party's interest are not considered.

That is still discrimination.

You're basically saying that an employer can turn down someone because they are gay, based on a previous issue they had with a former employee who is also gay. Discrimination. You're also generalizing, insinuating that they all act the same, have similar interactions with others, or conduct themselves the same in the workplace. Absolutely not.

Nobody is entitled to an employment. Companies are not responsible to give you jobs.

Business owners run on whats practical, not politics. They are not their to coddle minorities or marginalized group.... they are their to run productive businesses.

Im not insinuating that all gay would act like gays... Im implying that employers have the right to hire people based on their personal judgement of character (which maybe based on their knowledge and experience).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: I am uncomfortable with what they are currently doing but as I have said (breaking the norm for the sake of it) but if they did something more productive I would be find with it. Simple stuff.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Static Shock

@morleericks said:

@static_shock:

Your youtube videos don't automatically start playing? Hmm, lucky you.

Nothing on my Youtube feed plays unless I click on it. It would only play automatically on the following page after I click on it. Your Youtube does the opposite? So, when you log in to your Youtube homepage, your videos automatically play on their own? Yes or no. When you search for videos, they automatically play on the following page where videos are listed? Yes or no. LOL.

@morleericks said:

It's wrong to force your opinion on others, yes. I don't get what you are offering a rebuttal to. That's a long known fact. I think it would benefit you further if you actually read them instead of giving quick snarky comments.

No one is forcing anything on anybody (and you're the one who addressed me first; I wasn't even taking to you). You and number of others just feel some type of way, acting all neutral about LGBT issues, but being uncomfortable or threatened about them freely expressing who they are or complaining about an agenda that doesn't exist. For example, saying things like "If you're gay, it's cool, but I don't wanna see this stuff everywhere." Come on. Y'all's neutrality is conditional. That's not real. That's insincere. That's what I'm pointing out here. Ain't no snarky comments here, bruh. I keep it 100.

@morleericks said:

And if that's all they are saying why does it need to be mass produced and pinned everywhere so everyone can see it?

Other marginalized groups do the same shit, calling attention a very real problem when there are odds against them. Again, what's the problem?

Most of us don't care.

You seem to care a lot, though. If not, you wouldn't be having this conversation with me, nor would you have addressed me initially.

@morleericks said:

Or maybe I shouldn't get off social media? So, let me get this straight lol

I have to remove myself from social media entirely in order to not be a target of a barrage of LGBT messages? Lol, how about No? That in itself defines a side note of my point. The fact that you would even offer such an idiotic action such as discontinuing social media entirely shows how everyone has to tiptoe around in order to not hurt feelings.

Didn't you say that LGBT should get off social media, though? That was my response to your statement. So, how about no? LOL. They have the right to use the same platform you are using for whatever reason. It was okay for you to say that they should get off social media because you don't wanna see it, but not okay for me to tell you that? I hope you see where I'm going with this.

@morleericks said:

Oh it's going somewhere :) Just like this conversation. -__-

No, no, no. You misunderstand. I'm saying the LGBT pride and stuff isn't going anywhere. Get used to it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalomesaid:

People will discriminate for whatever reason. Nobody is entitled to the acceptance and tolerance of others. Its essentially part of our biological nature and "equality" is just an illusion.

What do works however is quantifiable compromises that are mutually agreed upon by all parties... hence "equality" because everyone agree with it.

So giving someone extra perks to someone because they are "marginalized" would be one-sided and unequal if other party's interest are not considered.

If the discrimination is on an individual basis (one-on-one) that doesn't impede one's progress financially, politically or socially, then you're right. No one is entitled to acceptance on that level. Otherwise, that discrimination is against the law. Period.

Regardless, turning someone down a job because they are gay is wrong. The fact that an applicant could be gay isn't going to have any effect on the other party's interest when that person's lifestyle, for the most part, is private. If they have the experience, credentials, and competence to work, I don't see what the problem is.

Nobody is entitled to an employment. Companies are not responsible to give you jobs.

Business owners run on whats practical, not politics. They are not their to coddle minorities or marginalized group.... they are their to run productive businesses.

Im not insinuating that all gay would act like gays... Im implying that employers have the right to hire people based on their personal judgement of character (which maybe based on their knowledge and experience).

At the same time, no one should be turned down a job because of race or sexual orientation.

It's not about coddling. I'm not saying that they should hire gay people just because they're gay. I'm saying that they should be considered for a job the same way everyone else is considered, without their sexual orientation being considered or called into question. It wouldn't have anything to do with their potential employment, nor would it have a negative effect on productivity in the workplace.

A human being's character isn't synonymous with their sexuality, bruh.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By mimisalome

@static_shock:

Regardless, turning someone down a job because they are gay is wrong. The fact that an applicant could be gay isn't going to have any effect on the other party's interest when that person's lifestyle, for the most part, is private. If they have the experience, credentials, and competence to work, I don't see what the problem is.

Lets be real here... there are certain types people that will obviously stand out from the group, the one that will attract attention, the one that will cause distraction, a good target for bullying/exclusion, the one that will have a hard time fitting in, cause issues and affects work productivity.

Now im not saying that we should encourage such type of behaviors against marginalized individuals. But work group and businesses aren't running a day care center or group therapy session. They wanted to be productive and functioning and weighing the benefits and risks of employing employees that could easily fit in is essential for the operation. You dont sacrifice and readjust the majority of your work force just to cuddle a minority and have them fit in for the sake of political correctness. No you avoid unnecessary risks if you can.

It's not about coddling. I'm not saying that they should hire gay people just because they're gay. I'm saying that they should be considered for a job the same way everyone else is considered, without their sexual orientation being considered or called into question. It wouldn't have anything to do with their potential employment, nor would it have a negative effect on productivity in the workplace.

A human being's character isn't synonymous with their sexuality, bruh.

The notion doesnt just applies to homosexuals it applies to all types of employees straight, gay, male, female, ex-convict, ex-drug addicts, high school drop outs, illegal aliens, obese, albino, midgets, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Again, you didn't fully read my statements. I never said they should quit using social media for their own messages or their own ideals they're passionate about.

I said just for them to remove themselves off mine please.

If I want to discuss LGBT issues nowadays, I'll do so with friends I have. That are actually part of that community.

It is going somewhere. No more tiptoeing.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You dont sacrifice and readjust the majority of your work force just to cuddle a minority and have them fit in for the sake of political correctness.

I don't know why you keep saying this. But, I clearly stated that everyone should be considered for a job, without calling their race or sexual orientation into question. I didn't say anything about hiring someone because they are a minority.

The notion doesnt just applies to homosexuals it applies to all types of employees straight, gay, male, female, ex-convict, ex-drug addicts, high school drop outs, illegal aliens, obese, albino, midgets, etc.

We went from hiring someone based whether or not they are gay to hiring someone based on character.... I feel like you're skirting around the issue here. Either that, or you're addressing something other than the topic.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Again, you didn't fully read my statements. I never said they should quit using social media for their own messages or their own ideals they're passionate about.

I said just for them to remove themselves off mine please.

LOL. That's... pretty much the same thing.

You didn't even answer my question about Youtube, since you're convinced that the website is making you watch videos that you don't want to watch. That puts this all in perspective.

If I want to discuss LGBT issues nowadays, I'll do so with friends I have. That are actually part of that community.

I doubt that you even have friends that are a part of that community, but okay. If I'm wrong, I'm sure your "friendship" with them is conditional, too.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why it is such a big topic. Nobody will watch someone else have sex. Thier sexuality isn't a public matter, it is a personal preference that has nothing to do with others. It shouldn't be a big deal but it is for some reason.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By mimisalome

@static_shock:

I don't know why you keep saying this. But, I clearly stated that everyone should be considered for a job, without calling their race or sexual orientation into question. I didn't say anything about hiring someone because they are a minority.

Well because youre trying to simplify employment operation based solely on competencies and skills and downplaying the effects of employees lifestyle (eg: gender preferences) in the workforce when reality dont reflect your politically correct idealism.

In our case, during our initial start up ops... we have a disproportionate numbers of gay employees, who themselves, admitted that they couldnt fit in a rowdy crowd of male heterosexual workforce and had asked to be transferred on a department with less work load. That request significantly disrupted our operation and put us way behind schedule. but yeah we need to accommodate their special needs else we will be accused of selective discrimination and being insensitive to their conditions.

Such issues arise from time to time.. with female employees, employees with certain disabilities, employees belonging to a minority cultural group etc.

Point is, these factors are real and had a quantifiable affect on productivity.

You cant deny that they exist and are significant items of consideration during employment

We went from hiring someone based whether or not they are gay to hiring someone based on character.... I feel like you're skirting around the issue here. Either that, or you're addressing something other than the topic.

Im just saying that the notion isnt selectively applied to homosexuals.

If an employer want an all-homosexual workforce because he thinks its the best for his business then he should have such choice and no heterosexuals would be given the right to harrass him by claiming discrimination.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In our case, during our initial start up ops... we have a disproportionate numbers of gay employees, who themselves, admitted that they couldnt fit in a rowdy crowd of male heterosexual workforce and had asked to be transferred on a department with less work load. That request significantly disrupted our operation and put us way behind schedule. but yeah we need to accommodate their special needs else we will be accused of selective discrimination and being insensitive to their conditions.

What industry do you work in? Not that I think it matters, but I'm curious.

If an employer want an all-homosexual workforce because he thinks its the best for his business then he should have such choice and no heterosexuals would be given the right to harrass him by claiming discrimination.

If this were the case, many heterosexuals would be extremely less likely to apply for a job there. This example is unrealistic, too.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By mimisalome

@static_shock:

What industry do you work in? Not that I think it matters, but I'm curious.

Im working on semicon and energy manufacturing firms.

If this were the case, many heterosexuals would be extremely less likely to apply for a job there. This example is unrealistic, too.

I know some beauty salons that exclusively operates with gays (male homosexuals) employees despite the fact that there are many qualified female applicant applying for a job.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the topic of gays not getting hired. How would the employer even know if you're gay or not?

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By mimisalome

On the topic of gays not getting hired. How would the employer even know if you're gay or not?

Based on my experience employers dont asked about sexual orientations.

thats until the gays themselves spoke about it and highlight their special condition or work issues (usually about finding a coworker offensive or the work load being too much for them) and demand that the hr department should do something about it.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama said:

thats until the gays themselves spoke about it and highlight their special condition or work issues (usually about finding a coworker offensive or the work load being too much for them) and demand that the hr department should do something about it.

Exactly. Every job I've applied for has never asked my about my sexual orientation so that whole argument is moot.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know some beauty salons that exclusively operates with gays (male homosexuals) employees despite the fact that there are many qualified female applicant applying for a job.

Forgot about those. Beauty salons and all other cosmetology services do exist with a predominantly-homosexual workforce. However, the ones that I do know about (I only know of two here in Atlanta) have women working there, also.

As for the industry that you work in, I can understand how hiring gay employees could be a risk. But, I doubt that what you're saying applies everywhere. Maybe it's just the industry you work in. In the hospitality industry (casual dining, fine dining, hotels, etc), gay men are very likely to get hired. That could be because of how well they mesh with the environment.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, that's a very good question. I've also never been asked. Why I never thought to bring this up puzzles me....

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By mimisalome

@mimisalome said:
@chris-sama said:

Exactly. Every job I've applied for has never asked my about my sexual orientation so that whole argument is moot.

well in reality you could pretty easily profile a gay person. Job interviews can pretty much brought up some hints. So its not a black or white case, if the employer do make an effort to discover it their applicants sexuality.

Ive read some cases where gay individuals complains about discrimination during hiring/promotions. So yeah it do happens

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama said:
@mimisalome said:
@chris-sama said:

well in reality you could pretty easily profile a gay person. Job interviews can pretty much brought up some hints. So its not a black or white case, if the employer do make an effort to discover it their applicants sexuality.

Ive read some cases where gay individuals complains about discrimination during hiring/promotions. So yeah it do happens

Doesn't make any sense. if an employer did go that far all you have to do is lie. although everybody should be happy and shouldn't have to hide anything from anybody but if that's the case then find a new job with a new employer. As I said there will always be people who hate. Be it bums on the streets or big time CEOs and we can't change their decisions/thinking.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By mimisalome
@static_shock said:
@mimisalome said:

Forgot about those. Beauty salons and all other cosmetology services do exist with a predominantly-homosexual workforce. However, the ones that I do know about (I only know of two here in Atlanta) have women working there, also.

As for the industry that you work in, I can understand how hiring gay employees could be a risk. But, I doubt that what you're saying applies everywhere. Maybe it's just the industry you work in. In the hospitality industry (casual dining, fine dining, hotels, etc), gay men are very likely to get hired. That could be because of how well they mesh with the environment.

Well he do hire gays, (we even have a very talented, very smart, openly transgender senior researcher and we built a team around her, hiring select individuals that could easily work together with her without).

The point is to make an effort to pick the right person for the right job that would lead to less complications. If that means qualifying the lifestyles of the applicants to avoid cases of harassment bullying, under performance, etc... then we do that.

We just hope that prioritizing the companies needs wouldn't be interpreted as act of discrimination and leads to a greater legal mess.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By mimisalome

@chris-sama:

Doesn't make any sense. if an employer did go that far all you have to do is lie. although everybody should be happy and shouldn't have to hide anything from anybody but if that's the case then find a new job with a new employer. As I said there will always be people who hate. Be it bums on the streets or big time CEOs and we can't change their decisions/thinking.

I dont understand why the notion automatically equates to "hate".

Many people who dont agree with homosexual lifestyle dont necessarily hate gays... they just dont agree with homosexual acts being normal or acceptable.