sineyaprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sineyaprime said:
@all-father said:

I personally have no problem with the LGBT community, but what annoys me is that they're trying to shove their noses into every aspect of life.

The Video.

So you make a thread and share it on a comic book site? Hm.

It's an Off Topic Thread.

What I meant was that this video annoyed you because you think the LGBT is nosing in on every aspect (which is this case is offering advice to other LGBT folks LOL) so your response was to help spread it, just struck me as funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@all-father said:
@sineyaprime said:
@all-father said:

I personally have no problem with the LGBT community, but what annoys me is that they're trying to shove their noses into every aspect of life.

The Video.

So you make a thread and share it on a comic book site? Hm.

It's an Off Topic Thread.

What I meant was that this video annoyed you because you think the LGBT is nosing in on every aspect (which is this case is offering advice to other LGBT folks LOL) so your response was to help spread it, just struck me as funny.

I see.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@aimless said:

When are YouTube comments not hateful?

Honestly.

Also, despite being bi, I still consider shoving this sh!t down people's throats to be just stupid. You wanna be a respected/accepted member of society? Fine, but then don't force your views on every other living being cuz you're a minority.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I don't like the way they shoved their lifestyle down my throat by somehow forcing me to watch this video against my will.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Jesus F Christ are you serious? If you mean they think they are fighting for their civil rights and humanity then they are MLK.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not my problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: MLK didn't just fight for civil rights, he lived and died for it. I mean that gays act as if they are braver/more free than others because they came out ad gay.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is kind of weird that this video is getting this much Negative Reviews. I guess people are starting to draw their lines in the sand as LGBT standing for SJW stuff or something.

I feel like I am out of place in the World today. Like something happened where People became Insanely Hateful on the Left and on the Right. I wish it was 2006 again.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Yeah this hate thing is new. 2006 ????????????

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: More free?? Gay marriage just became legal like 2 years ago. If the KKK can march for Arian pride then gays can dance in the streets. Where are antiKKK threads? I mean they act like they are braver and more free than everyone eles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: More free, as in they can be shirtless, dancing in the streets and be comfortable. What does the KKK have to do with this?

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father: Youtube is not mandatory and you can skip the parade. And they created a device called a remote to change the channel when Will and Grace comes on.I dont like Twilight so I dont watch. Problem solved.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: They march in the streets too and they aint dancing. If you wish to dance shirtless you are FREE to do so. Your comfort level is on you. There is absolutely nothing they did that you cant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: I know but the point is, they are empowered by doing that but to me it is just weird and makes them come off as pretentious (not the right word but something like that). Also they do dance on the streets shirtless and sometimes with a flag or face paint.

Avatar image for stvblackrose801
stvblackrose801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: I think empowerment is the point. What is wrong with that? How ever been made to feel small over something you cant change?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

LGBT+ people: "We'd like to be able to live our lives without being harassed and killed."

Ignorant people: "OH MY GOOOOOOD, STOP SHOVING YOUR SEXUALITY IN MY FACE!!!1"

EDIT: I'd also like to add that no one is being forced to watch LGBT+ videos. Heterosexuality is EVERYWHERE. The occasional video about gay pride isn't going to kill you.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Stefano

Maybe if the LGBT community hadn’t been marginalized for so many years they wouldn’t have to depict their convictions with this much tenacity.

Everyone here can say they are fine with someone being gay, but it is not that simple, as if there were no negative impact in the day to day life of a LGBT citizen (anyone that thinks there aren’t any is simply being childishly naïve).

The fact of the matter is that even today in many countries, including some states in the USA, a member of the LGBT community can be fired simply for being gay, in some places they cant get married or adopt children. Not to mention all the countries were being gay can get you arrested or worse. In addition to all the daily prejudice the LGBT community suffers.

I see no problem with the LGBT community advocating for the same rights as everyone else and if this “over exposer” is what was needed for them to finally get any attention, so be it.

I hope all this “LGBT propaganda” ends, not because they were silenced, but because one day this matter will no longer be an issue.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: They are breaking the norm just for the sake of it and like I said it is weird and comes off to me as pretentious. I never said there was anything wrong with that, just that I think that they think too highly of themselves just for coming out, if they really wanted a change I say that they should normalize it instead of lionize it (or instead of wasting money on parades make a charity for abused children and homless gay people, Idk).

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: Why be normal? Whats the norm? Hetero? Abused children has nothing to do with homosexuality. You can be an abused child and not be gay. People shouldnt have to stop doing them because it makes some people uncomfortable.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: They are breaking the norm just for the sake of it and like I said it is weird and comes off to me as pretentious. I never said there was anything wrong with that, just that I think that they think too highly of themselves just for coming out, if they really wanted a change I say that they should normalize it instead of lionize it (or instead of wasting money on parades make a charity for abused children and homless gay people, Idk).

You are being terribly naïve. The LGBT community is trying to “normalize it” but the problem is many people don’t let them, so they needed to find ways, like a parade, having their voices heard. The importance of a parade is to show to people struggling with prejudice that they are not alone and that there are people willing to help.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano: So empathy and compassion exists. Thanks Stefano. ???

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Jonez_

These dislikes are coming from an ebin /b/ prank by 8th, 9th, and 10th graders. Nothing to see here.

This video did absolutely nothing wrong. They're not shoving jack shit down anybody's throat with this. You're shoving it down your own throat by clicking on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano: That is good that they are encouraging people but they are alienating others who do not approve of their message, they are also creating a stereotype for themselves (I believe there were even memes about it). I am not sure how they should do it, but maybe make people realize that they are human, some people don't even think they are being hated, so maybe they should show us what they are fighting for? Honestly I am not sure, all I know is that they come off as thinking too highly of themselves and I am not anti-gay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: The norm changes, they can make being gay normal. There are children who are abused because they are gay, kicked out of homes, disowned, physically hurt, insulted etc. I think people should stop doing stuff if it makes a majority uncomfortable, which is why I can't different and look different in public, but it depends on how extreme I guess (asking you not to do PDA or be shirtless is one thing but asking you to act like a man/woman if you do not feel like comforatble doing so is another).

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By CitizenSurfer

I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but either accept my views or you're intolerant and closed minded. jks.

I understand that there are some people who are genuinely LGBT but, It's gotten to the point where I wholeheartedly and honestly believe that a solid portion of their numbers aren't "true" LGBT and are genuinely only a "member" because they think it's a fad. I mean have you guys seen all of the recognised genders now?

No Caption Provided

Like....WTF Is this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the way they shoved their lifestyle down my throat by somehow forcing me to watch this video against my will.

Lol that was a low key burn.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of y'all are taking this way too seriously. Just don't watch the damn video idiots.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Wolfrazer  Online
Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Kingyang

@major_hellstorm: Lord bless your heart. You cant make gay the norm but you can make acceptance the norm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: Is that sarcasm? Yeah that is what I mean.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Didn't really watch the video, but no matter how cringy it was those comments are just horrible

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: Nothing. Don't think I said there was anything wrong with that.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Kingyang

@major_hellstorm: You are either saying gays are trying to make being gay the norm or they are trying to make acceptance of gays the norm. The former is scientificly impossible and the latter you shouldnt have a problem with. Others people comfort is not your concern if you are not hurting anyone.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its quite the opposite, was is considered “normal” was for years imposed on the members of the LGBT community and know they are simply proclaiming that they wont be excluded from society any more. But I really don’t know what to say if it bothers you some much seeing people advocating for equal rights.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang: I am saying the latter and I said I have no problem with that.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Kingyang

@major_hellstorm: It just makes you uncomfortable and they should cut it out.????????????????????????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@major_hellstorm: How old are you? You say you have no problem with it. And you also say it makes you uncomfortable and they should maybe calm it down. If the music im playing doesnt bother you why do I have to turn it down. Im not saying anything complicated. I think anyone who reads our exchange can easily see the point Im making.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano said:
@black_wreath said:

Its quite the opposite, was is considered “normal” was for years imposed on the members of the LGBT community and know they are simply proclaiming that they wont be excluded from society any more. But I really don’t know what to say if it bothers you some much seeing people advocating for equal rights.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@static_shock: Yes it does. It does shove it down peoples' throat. I've personally grown numb to it and could care less. I am accepting of anyone regardless of personal tendencies or desires, but to imply that's not what is happening is flat out wrong.

If it isn't for me to see, don't make it a highlight of Youtube whenever I click on, and don't put every LGBT video in my recommendation when I've literally not viewed an LGBT ad or "motivational" video even once. My channel is filled with Horror esque video. Why the hell am I recommended anything LGBT? I don't care.

"Fight for your rights" that's fine, but don't include me in it. It certainly is quite annoying and yes, it is meant for everyone to see. Not just those of that group.

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homophobes have serious mental issues

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang said:

@king_saturn: Yeah this hate thing is new. 2006 ????????????

Sarcasm Never Translates Well On The Internet.

It's Not That The Hate Thing Is New... It's That The Level Of Hate On Both Sides Is At Levels I Have Never Seen Before.

Clarity

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_ said:

These dislikes are coming from an ebin /b/ prank by 8th, 9th, and 10th graders. Nothing to see here.

This video did absolutely nothing wrong. They're not shoving jack shit down anybody's throat with this. You're shoving it down your own throat by clicking on it.

Thank you.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By mimisalome

Being fired for being gay is stupid... though i believe that an employer should have the rights to fire any employee whose work related/work affecting lifestyle dont reflect the business owners moral, ethical, religious inclinations (of course as long as it is outlined clearly as part of the work contract).

That said, homosexuals demanding additional anti-discrimination rights on the basis of their homosexual nature is not equality, its entitlement. The law should be equal to all.

A homosexual should not have the right to file anti-discrimination lawsuit against an employer if the employer prefer a heterosexual applicant over a homosexual one for whatever reason .... else heterosexuals should also the same capacity to exercise such rights every time an employer prefer a homosexual over them. Such operation of employment is unsustainable.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am biased. I have been "curious" when it comes to the same sex- even if I have not engaged in sexual activity with the same sex, and anybody who knows me well will know that I love to put homoerotic subtexts in everything, partly for fun, for expression, to troll and the like. However, the comments on Youtube are pretty bad, and its what I would expect. There is a growing independent alternative right movement on Youtube, which kinda mirrors 4-Chan. You saw it with the reaction to Ghostbusters (which was a bad trailer, but the misogyny was clear) and its happened on smaller scales, especially with stuff like TED videos where Gender, Race and Equality where prime topics of discussion. There was a video Ted aired about a women who was Raped and gave a talk with her confession rapist and the comments section was almost immediately deleted. Would I consider myself LGBTQ. Probably not, but I would consider myself an "ally" partly because I see the parallels between Civil Rights and LGBTQ and as someone who has sexual preferences which could be described as "Kinky" and relatively non-normative especially amongst my peers (There is a some talk of LGBTQ being expanded to include Kinkiness, but that's an argument for another time)

I think what people who feel that this lifestyle is being pushed down their throats need to realise is that media has been and will always be fairly liberal beyond the prevailing ideas of the population at large. In short, a month dedicated to LGBTQ people isn't reflective of the impact that LGBTQ people have in society. What the media often does is create this illusion that if you are anti LGBTQ you are some type of social pariah, when in fact if you have views that are against what is considered "politically correct", you have many peers. Homosexual Marriage was legalised in Ireland after a free vote where around 60 percent of people voted Yes. Still that's around 40 percent of people who where against the legislation. In Ethnic Minority or Religious communities you often find that dogmatic viewpoints towards alternative sexual preferences are intensified. When you have these videos, I think people easily associate them with the prevailing narrative that exists in the White Western Neoliberal sphere which is considered wholly representative of society so it feels like Ad-Nasuem and counter-culture element within the Internet runs with it. People will have different viewpoints which they keep close to their chest, within other communities it is openly derided. Non Normative people will still frequently come into contact with these people frequently, and if they live in certain communities, it might be much of their entire existence. Try to be an openly gay person in most African Pentecostal Churches in the U.K, a country which is considered quite LGBTQ friendly. Its.....difficult. But if you a Afro Caribbean living in the U.K, where Church can play a very integral part in someones life....can you see the problem they may face. To you, this video- just another virtual signalling piece of rubbish. To them, a reminder that they are not alone. Even if we move away from Religion per-say, we have seen the attitude to Homosexuality in the Black community, within Hip-Hop for example, which is only now starting to be shed (and even that's only partly due to the Genres need to continually innovate to stay relevant).

Also......this thread has also given me an idea for a new thread to unleash on CV >:)))))

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I dont understand how they are fighting for equality considering that the law should already apply equally to everyone, straight, gay, male, female, etc.

I said social equality, which is what the video is addressing. Emphasis on social. That's all. Anything in regards to the law is a completely different discussion (even though the law doesn't apply equally to everyone, anyway), which is a discussion I choose not to have.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By mimisalome

@mimisalome said:

I dont understand how they are fighting for equality considering that the law should already apply equally to everyone, straight, gay, male, female, etc.

I said social equality, which is what the video is addressing. Emphasis on social. That's all. Anything in regards to the law is a completely different discussion (even though the law doesn't apply equally to everyone, anyway), which is a discussion I choose not to have.

You can't take the law out of the discussion when you are discussing social/society.

As that's the ultimate goal of any social justice movement. "Justice" that have the power to implement itself and only the law could provide that.