• 130 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#1 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally have no problem with the LGBT community, but what annoys me is that they're trying to shove their noses into every aspect of life.

The Video.

#2 Posted by gamiz7 (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: not really but i can see how people can feel that way since it is a big topic in the world right now, this stuff has always been happening but with the age of the internet, stuff that would usually be ignored becomes a big deal

#3 Edited by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

It's getting lots of hate because it's uploaded by Youtube. They've been doing a shit job at running their own site. Instead of solving the issues youtube is having, they post leftist virtue signalling videos.

If Youtube didn't have any of the problems their content creators and users are facing, the hate for this video will be a lot less.

#4 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

It's getting lots of hate because it's uploaded by Youtube. They've been doing a shit job at running their own site. Instead of solving the issues youtube is having, they post leftist virtue signalling videos.

If Youtube didn't have any of the problems their content creators and users are facing, the hate for this video will be a lot less.

Read the comments.

#5 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatblaze123 said:

Read the comments.

I have. I still stand by what I said.

#6 Posted by Jokerpoker (3144 posts) - - Show Bio

Good lmao

#7 Posted by Arkbound (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

personally I think you get a negative reaction any time you tell people they need to change how they think

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#8 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17355 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like gay people think they are all Martin Luther King Jr.

#9 Posted by IceDemonKing (9982 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we just had a pride parade in Canada recently or something. I'm not sure I just heard about it on the radio I think heard about it john moore in the morning or something like that.

Bit off topic.

#10 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
#11 Posted by deactivated-5a794b61068b8 (7203 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah seemed like a lot of hate in those comments.

#12 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah if you're gay and happy, that's cool live your life. But when youre shoving down peoples throats then it gets annoying.

#13 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6470 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the LGBT regardless I think that the group has good intentions but will ultimately end up bad because the group is ultimately built to exclude others. Most members are "accept all our beliefs or you're not a good person" type of people. Even people I call friends are like that, it's unfortunate that the idea of accepting others often leads to the exclusion of others.

#14 Posted by Aimless (2047 posts) - - Show Bio

When are YouTube comments not hateful?

#15 Edited by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah if you're gay and happy, that's cool live your life. But when youre shoving down peoples throats then it gets annoying.

Bruh, if people everywhere treated gay people with respect and apathy for their life choices this pride stuff wouldn't be a thing.

I don't care for it myself but there is a reason for all this.

#16 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:

Bruh, if people everywhere treated gay people with respect and apathy for their life choices this pride stuff wouldn't be a thing.

Well, you could say the same for any ethnicity/nationality you don't see other people shoving it down their throats because they're being treated wrong.

#17 Edited by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatblaze123 said:
@chris-sama said:

Well, you could say the same for any ethnicity/nationality you don't see other people shoving it down their throats because they're being treated wrong.

Are you for real?

#18 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@chris-sama said:

Are you for real?

Dead serious.

#19 Edited by Static Shock (53020 posts) - - Show Bio
@all-father said:

but what annoys me is that they're trying to shove their noses into every aspect of life.

Bruh.... huh? What does that mean? Last I checked, people belonging to the LGBTQ community are human just like everyone else. They get to be a part of every aspect of life because of that.

@chris-sama said:

I'm pretty sure the video does nothing of the sort. All the video is showing is that the LGBTQ community are proud of who they are, and they are fighting for the right to be who they are. But, how you feel about it is your business.

Why are y'all so uncomfortable? LGBTQ pride doesn't hurt any of you. LOL.

#20 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father said:

but what annoys me is that they're trying to shove their noses into every aspect of life.

Bruh.... huh? What does that mean? Last I checked, people belonging to the LGBTQ community are human just like everyone else. They get to be a part of every aspect of life because of that.

@chris-sama said:

I'm pretty sure the video does nothing of the sort. All the video is showing is that the LGBTQ community are proud of who they are, and they are fighting for the right to be who they are. But, how you feel about it is your business.

It's not just the video, it's the bs parades and social media plastering it everywhere and everywhere we go we have to be careful of what we say/do so we don't trigger anybody. It's a culmination of things and it's growing tiresome. Like I said it's cool if your gay, if it makes you happy then that's fine. But trying to plaster it everywhere so everyone sees it is absolutely aggriacting. Almost like me running around telling people I'm black and waving my arm everywhere so they can see my skin color.

#21 Posted by Static Shock (53020 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not just the video, it's the bs parades and social media plastering it everywhere and everywhere we go we have to be careful of what we say/do so we don't trigger anybody. It's a culmination of things and it's growing tiresome. Like I said it's cool if your gay, if it makes you happy then that's fine. But trying to plaster it everywhere so everyone sees it is absolutely aggriacting. Almost like me running around telling people I'm black and waving my arm everywhere so they can see my skin color.

Shit, if it bothers you, it's because you're letting it bother you. Like I said, that's your business... As for it being everywhere, that's how it's going to be. These folks and their fight for social equality isn't going anywhere.

#22 Edited by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@chris-sama said:
@heatblaze123 said:
@chris-sama said:

Are you for real?

Dead serious.

Like where have you been for the last few years, has BLM flew under your radar or something?

#23 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatblaze123: who said I agree with BLM? I'm black and I think it's a little too far.

#24 Posted by Yassassin (7643 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one of them is from Youtube, the rest are from 2, 3 even 4 years ago from independent channels.

#25 Posted by Heatblaze (10399 posts) - - Show Bio

@tvc-15 said:
@heatblaze123 said:

Only one of them is from Youtube, the rest are from 2, 3 even 4 years ago from independent channels.

Are you talking about the clips in the video?

#26 Edited by mimisalome (5342 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:

Shit, if it bothers you, it's because you're letting it bother you. Like I said, that's your business... As for it being everywhere, that's how it's going to be. These folks and their fight for social equality isn't going anywhere.

I dont understand how they are fighting for equality considering that the law should already apply equally to everyone, straight, gay, male, female, etc.

If they aspire for extra protection or special treatment under the law on basis of their homosexual nature, i think thats demanding for entitlement not equality

Now if they wanted to force people into recognizing, agreeing, and celebrating with their chosen lifestyle (eg. gay marriage, sexual relationship between gay people)... then thats an entirely different issue as the government has no authority to decide what moral codes the people should follow.

#27 Posted by removekebab (3789 posts) - - Show Bio

It can't be helped.

#28 Edited by MainJP (5886 posts) - - Show Bio

YouTube's comment section is a toxic cesspool full of ignorance and bigotry, what else is new?

#29 Posted by poeticwarrior (3526 posts) - - Show Bio

This comment section itself here, not just on youtube, shown why this kind of awareness is important. It's the gay agenda alright. The agenda to normalize gay in society, so that everyone would be treated the same and people wouldn't be ashamed to be gay or be disgusted at. They're not really targeting the homophobic folks, these videos are to show support for a marginalized group as well as educating the younger generation. The hate comments are just their way of lashing out at a changing society that doesn't agree with their hatred which they wouldn't dare to do it out in the public. They only do that crap on Youtube or anonymous sites because no one would know what a shitty person they are for hating on someone for being born a certain way.

#30 Posted by Whitewolf24 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Was once bashed for being straight by this lesbo who was harassing my gf at the time for wherein a cross told her off and got her gay buddies to harass me I have no religious beliefs I told them all off just walked away while they yelled at me hated the lgbt and gays ever sense though I don't mind transgender ppl though once had a friend who transitioned never made a big deal about it just went along with he's business everyone accepted it never acted as if straight owned him anything as many gays never cared for those ppl

#31 Edited by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:

It's just a video that's directed to people, in particular young ones, who may not feel like it's okay to be themselves as LGBT for whatever reasons. I don't see how that's "shoving it down peoples throats". One of the guys in the vid explicitly says something like "We have to visible being proud of who we are for people who feel like they can't" Not everyone grows up around people who are so accepting or tolerant.

@chris-sama said:

@heatblaze123: who said I agree with BLM? I'm black and I think it's a little too far.

Nobody said you agreed with BLM, lol. He mentioned them because they're doing exactly what you said they weren't doing; "Well, you could say the same for any ethnicity/nationality you don't see other people shoving it down their throats because they're being treated wrong."

No one made you watch the video, no one made you enter this thread.

#32 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:

It's just a video that's directed to people, in particular young ones, who may not feel like it's okay to be themselves as LGBT for whatever reasons. I don't see how that's "shoving it down peoples throats". One of the guys in the vid explicitly says something like "We have to visible being proud of who we are for people who feel like they can't" Not everyone grows up around people who are so accepting or tolerant.

@chris-sama said:

Nobody said you agreed with BLM, lol. He mentioned them because they're doing exactly what you said they weren't doing; "Well, you could say the same for any ethnicity/nationality you don't see other people shoving it down their throats because they're being treated wrong."

And if you read my above statements I specifically said it's only the video, it's a culmination of events. That's the thing you say something is annoying and people get triggered and have to say you're wrong. I'm wrong for saying my opinion? And yes he was applying BLM to the fact that they have been shoving things down people's throats also which I don't agree with. Again I don't care if your gay I HAVE GAY FRIENDS, and even they themselves say this is getting out of hand and saying it's too much. They're gay and happy they don't care what the world thinks of them so they don't have to go out and make a point. The world gets it your gay. There will always be negative people that dont approve. But that comes with everything. Not a hate post just saying it's getting aggravating that they have to put it on every billboard and let it be known. WE KNOW, WE GET IT.

#33 Posted by kgb725 (18390 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6470 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: yeah good intentions pave a straight road to hell

#36 Posted by greenarrow5476 (524 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father: personally I agree if your gay fine and all just don't try to shove it down our throats and try to make us feel guilty.

#37 Posted by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@sineyaprime said:
@chris-sama said:

@chris-sama said:

And if you read my above statements I specifically said it's only the video, it's a culmination of events. That's the thing you say something is annoying and people get triggered and have to say you're wrong. I'm wrong for saying my opinion? And yes he was applying BLM to the fact that they have been shoving things down people's throats also which I don't agree with. Again I don't care if your gay I HAVE GAY FRIENDS, and even they themselves say this is getting out of hand and saying it's too much. They're gay and happy they don't care what the world thinks of them so they don't have to go out and make a point. The world gets it your gay. There will always be negative people that dont approve. But that comes with everything. Not a hate post just saying it's getting aggravating that they have to put it on every billboard and let it be known. WE KNOW, WE GET IT.

Yes, I know you cited the parades and social media as "things" that bother you. But you're missing the point of them, they're NOT FOR YOU. They're for men, women, and children who don't have the support or acceptance to live their lives openly. They're for teens and kids getting bullied in school, or shunned by their families, or forced in conversion therapy. Or people discriminated against for trying to buy a damn wedding cake! Or the same sex couples who have their marriage licenses rejected because the legal clerk doesn't approve of their sexual orientation. Or the victims of harassment or gay bashing because they decided to be themselves.

It's great that you have great friends, but not everyone does, not everyone is even willing to work or live in the same place as LGBT folks. I have a gay friend and neighbor who lives in the apartment next to me who has to work TWO jobs to pay for his college after his parents cut him off entirely and won't even allow his siblings to mention him. By the way you seem to be using the equivalent of the "I have black friends" defense, which isn't nearly as effective as you think.

No, your post isn't a "hate post", but it is an ignorant one. The LGBT shouldn't just accept that "that comes with everything", no one should. They have every right to fight discrimination and to encourage closeted, miserable people to live their lives freely. Did you know that the rate of suicide attempts is 4 times greater for LGB youth and 2 times greater for questioning youth than that of straight youth? WHY THE HELL SHOULDN'T THIS BE ADDRESSED JUST BECAUSE YOU FEEL ANNOYED?

#38 Posted by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally have no problem with the LGBT community, but what annoys me is that they're trying to shove their noses into every aspect of life.

The Video.

So you make a thread and share it on a comic book site? Hm.

#39 Edited by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:
@sineyaprime said:
@chris-sama said:

@chris-sama said:

Yes, I know you cited the parades and social media as "things" that bother you. But you're missing the point of them, they're NOT FOR YOU. They're for men, women, and children who don't have the support or acceptance to live their lives openly. They're for teens and kids getting bullied in school, or shunned by their families, or forced in conversion therapy. Or people discriminated against for trying to buy a damn wedding cake! Or the same sex couples who have their marriage licenses rejected because the legal clerk doesn't approve of their sexual orientation. Or the victims of harassment or gay bashing because they decided to be themselves.

It's great that you have great friends, but not everyone does, not everyone is even willing to work or live in the same place as LGBT folks. I have a gay friend and neighbor who lives in the apartment next to me who has to work TWO jobs to pay for his college after his parents cut him off entirely and won't even allow his siblings to mention him. By the way you seem to be using the equivalent of the "I have black friends" defense, which isn't nearly as effective as you think.

No, your post isn't a "hate post", but it is an ignorant one. The LGBT shouldn't just accept that "that comes with everything", no one should. They have every right to fight discrimination and to encourage closeted, miserable people to live their lives freely. Did you know that the rate of suicide attempts is 4 times greater for LGB youth and 2 times greater for questioning youth than that of straight youth? WHY THE HELL SHOULDN'T THIS BE ADDRESSED JUST BECAUSE YOU FEEL ANNOYED?

No. I'm not trying to make a scapegoat saying I have "gay friends" I was mentioning that because they also think it's madness to sit there plaster this everywhere when we all know there's people that are gay out there. Fighting against discrimination? Listen I don't agree with it one bit but this is the land of the free. We can't tell who to hate and not to hate the world doesn't work like that. They have no choice but to except it. With everything comes haters and like I said posting it everywhere isn't going to get them to stop hating you, only agitate them more. Nobody has any power over suicide. You could your best to convince somebody and they will still commit. Trust me I dont want it! Nobody wants it! You think I want kids dying? No! If theyre gay and they afraid of the world then thats a psychological issue they're dealing with. Like I said I know people that give 0 F**S of what the world thinks of them and they're perfectly fine. We all have issues we're going through, do I post my issues on social media so people could see my struggle? Noooooo? i used to date a white girl and some her family wanted nothing to do with her once they found out she was with me? Did she care? HELL NO! She was happy! And that's all that matters! It's an inner battle that they have to fight on their own!

#40 Edited by mimisalome (5342 posts) - - Show Bio

@sineyaprime:

Well encouraging people to be who they are is, ideally, a great noble cause (ideally considering that you dont want to enable serial killers, psychopaths and predatory pedophiles along the way)...

though you also need to teach them that other people will not always agree with what you do and these other people have the same rights to belief and live their lives in whatever ways they want just like you do (as long as they dont impede yours).

Therefore you must accept that your decisions have consequences and earning the acceptance of others is more like a compromise than an inborn entitlement that you can have by demand.

Also demonizing other people because they do not agree with your ideals is toxic and will not help in promoting your cause.

#41 Edited by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:

No. I'm not trying to make a scapegoat saying I have "gay friends" I was mentioning that because they also think it's madness to sit there plaster this everywhere when we all know there's people that are gay out there.

You clearly have no idea what the point of these videos is. They're not to make people like you or anyone aware of the existence of gay people, because once again, >>>THEY'RE NOT FOR YOU<<< They're to combat the higher rates of suicide, depression, and substance abuse of the LGBT individuals that they ARE intended for. You can't be so narcissistic as to think that they need or even want your awareness so bad. (Also that's not what scapegoat means.)

Fighting against discrimination? Listen I don't agree with it one bit but this is the land of the free. We can't tell who to hate and not to hate the world doesn't work like that. They have no choice but to except it. With everything comes haters and like I said posting it everywhere isn't going to get them to stop hating you, only agitate them more.

They absolutely do have the choice to combat it, like you said this is the land of the free. I gave you MULTIPLE examples of ways their freedom and liberties were being attacked yet you still seem to think it's just negativity they have to deal with. Did you know that it's like perfectly legal to force minors into conversion therapy in the vast majority of the U.S? And again, the point of this video are to encourage LGBT folks to be happy and live their lives. If you and every other straight person never saw it that would be completely fine by them.

Nobody has any power over suicide. You could your best to convince somebody and they will still commit. Trust me I dont want it! Nobody wants it! You think I want kids dying? No! If theyre gay and they afraid of the world then thats a psychological issue they're dealing with. Like I said I know people that give 0 F**S of what the world thinks of them and they're perfectly fine. We all have issues we're going through, do I post my issues on social media so people could see my struggle? Noooooo? i used to date a white girl and some her family wanted nothing to do with her once they found out she was with me? Did she care? HELL NO! She was happy! And that's all that matters! It's an inner battle that they have to fight on their own!

Of all the ignorant, stupid crap I've seen on the internet this certainly ranks high. You're essentially saying that if people are going to kill themselves, there's no point in trying to stop them. Things like having a family that goes from loving you to hating you, even to extremes like forcing you through conversion therapy, or being fired, denied basic services and constitutional rights, and attacked physically, sometimes to the point of disability or death are NOT just "psychological issues". They're attacks on your basic human and civil rights that shouldn't be ignored and treated with "oh well".

Again, why shouldn't these individuals create videos that offer comfort, acceptance, and community to individuals who desperately need them just because they annoy you? They're not for you, I mean you literally had to enter this thread, click the link, and watch it yourself just to be annoyed?

The decision is commit suicide or not is not some "inner battle" to be fought alone, what a disgusting thing to say, especially from someone complaining about people actually making an effort to prevent these suicides. Ugh.

#42 Posted by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama: Also, aren't you the guy who created threads asking for help with your weight and money struggles? I mean that's fine, it's great that you feel like you can get help with those, but it's sad and hypocritical that you're against others offering help to people who need it.

#43 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama said:

No. I'm not trying to make a scapegoat saying I have "gay friends" I was mentioning that because they also think it's madness to sit there plaster this everywhere when we all know there's people that are gay out there.

You clearly have no idea what the point of these videos is. They're not to make people like you or anyone aware of the existence of gay people, because once again, >>>THEY'RE NOT FOR YOU<<< They're to combat the higher rates of suicide, depression, and substance abuse of the LGBT individuals that they ARE intended for. You can't be so narcissistic as to think that they need or even want your awareness so bad. (Also that's not what scapegoat means.)

Fighting against discrimination? Listen I don't agree with it one bit but this is the land of the free. We can't tell who to hate and not to hate the world doesn't work like that. They have no choice but to except it. With everything comes haters and like I said posting it everywhere isn't going to get them to stop hating you, only agitate them more.

They absolutely do have the choice to combat it, like you said this is the land of the free. I gave you MULTIPLE examples of ways their freedom and liberties were being attacked yet you still seem to think it's just negativity they have to deal with. Did you know that it's like perfectly legal to force minors into conversion therapy in the vast majority of the U.S? And again, the point of this video are to encourage LGBT folks to be happy and live their lives. If you and every other straight person never saw it that would be completely fine by them.

Nobody has any power over suicide. You could your best to convince somebody and they will still commit. Trust me I dont want it! Nobody wants it! You think I want kids dying? No! If theyre gay and they afraid of the world then thats a psychological issue they're dealing with. Like I said I know people that give 0 F**S of what the world thinks of them and they're perfectly fine. We all have issues we're going through, do I post my issues on social media so people could see my struggle? Noooooo? i used to date a white girl and some her family wanted nothing to do with her once they found out she was with me? Did she care? HELL NO! She was happy! And that's all that matters! It's an inner battle that they have to fight on their own!

Of all the ignorant, stupid crap I've seen on the internet this certainly ranks high. You're essentially saying that if people are going to kill themselves, there's no point in trying to stop them. Things like having a family that goes from loving you to hating you, even to extremes like forcing you through conversion therapy, or being fired, denied basic services and constitutional rights, and attacked physically, sometimes to the point of disability or death are NOT just "psychological issues". They're attacks on your basic human and civil rights that shouldn't be ignored and treated with "oh well".

Again, why shouldn't these individuals create videos that offer comfort, acceptance, and community to individuals who desperately need them just because they annoy you? They're not for you, I mean you literally had to enter this thread, click the link, and watch it yourself just to be annoyed?

You're clearly picking out certain points of my statement which in itself is ignorant. Where did I say there's no point in helping a suicidal child. Of course try and help the best you can, but the human mind is powerful and some decisions are permanent. We have 0 control over life and death. Can we try and avoid it? Absolutely! Can it be stopped? Absolutely not! And this is a discussion thread I'm here to discuss and voice my opinion on the subject of matter. And it's not that I seek out posts and billboards of the stuff it's that I'm seeing it on the regular going through sites which is what I find annoying. Don't berate somebody because they don't agree with you're ideals. If people need videos to achieve comfort how are they supposed to live in the world? You can't watch a video on the street and just magically be ok? THE WORLD DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT. Its Very serious out here and some post on Facebook isn't going to help you overcome something like that. People need to learn to accept the fact that some people aren't going to approve of their status, but also ignore said people. It's their life, if they let the world affect them then thats them

#44 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@chris-sama: Also, aren't you the guy who created threads asking for help with your weight and money struggles? I mean that's fine, it's great that you feel like you can get help with those, but it's sad and hypocritical that you're against others offering help to people who need it.

Don't ever compare the two, I'm asking for advice to achieve small goals I'm not out here asking for fucking sympathy. Ignorant for you to even try and compare them. I'm not plastering everywhere saying HEY IM BROKE AND FAT LOOK AT ME. I asked simple advice to get better and make things better. I don't hate my life? I love my life and would love to improve its. This is not a psychological issue

#45 Posted by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@sineyaprime:

Well encouraging people to be who they are is, ideally, a great noble cause (ideally considering that you dont want to enable serial killers, psychopaths and predatory pedophiles along the way)...

though you also need to teach them that other people will not always agree with what you do and these other people have the same rights to belief and live their lives in whatever ways they want just like you do (as long as they dont impede yours).

Therefore you must accept that your decisions have consequences and earning the acceptance of others is more like a compromise than an inborn entitlement that you can have by demand.

Also demonizing other people because they do not agree with your ideals is toxic and will not help in promoting your cause.

Did we watch the same video? This video clearly acknowledged that not everyone was going to be accepting or agreeable to them. One person says that they can't live a straight life like other people, they can only be themselves. Another says that they might make some people uncomfortable, but that's not their problem. They seem perfectly aware that not everyone was going be as accepting or think the same way as them.

Where was the demonizing in this video?

#46 Posted by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

You're clearly picking out certain points of my statement which in itself is ignorant. Where did I say there's no point in helping a suicidal child. Of course try and help the best you can, but the human mind is powerful and some decisions are permanent. We have 0 control over life and death. Can we try and avoid it? Absolutely! Can it be stopped? Absolutely not! And this is a discussion thread I'm here to discuss and voice my opinion on the subject of matter. And it's not that I seek out posts and billboards of the stuff it's that I'm seeing it on the regular going through sites which is what I find annoying. Don't berate somebody because they don't agree with you're ideals. If people need videos to achieve comfort how are they supposed to live in the world? You can't watch a video on the street and just magically be ok? THE WORLD DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT. Its Very serious out here and some post on Facebook isn't going to help you overcome something like that. People need to learn to accept the fact that some people aren't going to approve of their status, but also ignore said people. It's their life, if they let the world affect them then thats them

Um, we do have control over life and death in this context. That's exactly what suicide is: picking one over the other. Yes, it can stopped! Not always, but enough that we should encourage this kind of media that does its part in preventing them. Knowing that there is a community of people who understand and accept your struggle is powerful, and should be silenced because you don't like it. You're overgeneralizing people, like I've already said these are primarily for children and youths who don't know that there are others like them and who can accept them. It's the people in these videos that give them hope for their futures away from the shitty situations that they can't control. Oh and by the way, THAT'S EXACTLY THE POINT OF THESE VIDEOS! That even though there are people who don't approve of them, even their families and communities, there are others who will, and for youths who have nothing else that's powerful enough to keep them going. If there weren't people willing to encourage these LGBT folks, especially down here in Texas, I might not have my friend right now.

@sineyaprime said:

Don't ever compare the two, I'm asking for advice to achieve small goals I'm not out here asking for fucking sympathy. Ignorant for you to even try and compare them. I'm not plastering everywhere saying HEY IM BROKE AND FAT LOOK AT ME. I asked simple advice to get better and make things better. I don't hate my life? I love my life and would love to improve its. This is not a psychological issue

I didn't mean that they were same thing because they aren't, obviously. You said you didn't post your issues online so that others could see your struggles. But you did, because money and losing weight are issues which people struggle with. And that's perfectly fine, hell I'm pretty sure I even commented on both of those threads and offered what advice I could. If you have a problem with my mentioning them, blame it on your terrible wording. The people in this video simply offered advice to people who needed it, so I'm still unclear what your problem is.

#47 Posted by SanoHibiki (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, disliked this video. Every opinion matters, right...

#48 Edited by mimisalome (5342 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome said:

@sineyaprime:

Did we watch the same video? This video clearly acknowledged that not everyone was going to be accepting or agreeable to them. One person says that they can't live a straight life like other people, they can only be themselves. Another says that they might make some people uncomfortable, but that's not their problem. They seem perfectly aware that not everyone was going be as accepting or think the same way as them.

Its more like a general opinion about the discussion of the issue here and not the video per se.

#49 Posted by sineyaprime (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@sineyaprime said:
@mimisalome said:

@sineyaprime:

Its more like a general opinion about the discussion of the issue here and not the video per se.

Ah, in that case, I agree for the most part.

#50 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

@all-father said:

The Video.

So you make a thread and share it on a comic book site? Hm.

It's an Off Topic Thread.